CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's what I'm thinking at the moment, and I did finally get a chance to listen to Trish's interview with ER. I'm still very much on the fence, despite the mountain of suspicion (rightfully) cast on MR. As I've said before, this guy is his own worst enemy it seems. I don't know if he's being all inconsistent because he's trying to hide his personal choices, or whether he's trying to hide something about Dylan. Don't know. I will say that I would certainly think that LE knows the truth at this point, but just doesn't know *where* Dylan is. They aren't sharing lots of details that would compromise a conviction (of whoever). One thing that isn't adding up for me, is if MR was going to harm Dylan or pass him off to someone, why did he take him to McD's and Walmart? Why did he report him missing so quickly? That doesn't make sense to me, but feel free to educate me folks. Regardless, my prayers remain fervent for Dylan, Elaine, and his brothers. Miracles happen occasionally, and maybe this time. I'm not giving up hope.

I wonder how long MR would have had to cover his tracks if he just simply didn't report Dylan missing for a couple of days? At what point would an alarm have been raised by his mother, his friends? MR (if guilty of something) could have continued to text people as if he were Dylan and bought himself at least a couple of days.

MR's actions, to me, on the day of Dylan's disappearance, while not what I might do, are not out of the range of expected responses of a father who was initially not alarmed by his son's absence at 11:30 am.

But what if he waited a couple of days and Dylan's body was found before he even reported him missing? That would look really bad IMO. I don't doubt that he thought his friends and especially his Mother would be trying to contact him. (Whether he did anything to him or not) I'm sure Elaine would have become quite concerned if she did not get a response from Dylan for a couple of days.

LE knows so much more than we do. I sure wish we knew more details. I would especially like to know who that 9:37 text was sent to and what it said!

They know if MR's stories have been inconsistent with what he told them. That would be a huge red flag to them IMO.

The proof will be in the pudding I think. If they have it there will be an arrest eventually. If not there won't. So we wait....

I wonder how long MR would have had to cover his tracks if he just simply didn't report Dylan missing for a couple of days? At what point would an alarm have been raised by his mother, his friends? MR (if guilty of something) could have continued to text people as if he were Dylan and bought himself at least a couple of days.

MR's actions, to me, on the day of Dylan's disappearance, while not what I might do, are not out of the range of expected responses of a father who was initially not alarmed by his son's absence at 11:30 am.

BBM

IMO, it is not easy to trick someone by texting as someone else. You could probably pull it off for a short text or two, but carrying on a conversation would be difficult, if not impossible, to fool someone very long. People have definite ways they type, just like they have definite patterns of speech.

I have three sons, and if one of them texted me using his brother's phone, I would know pretty quickly which one I was talking to without being told.

All MOO, as always.

Yes, I agree with you. Considering we have (through the court of public opinion), established he isn't father of the year material.

But what if he waited a couple of days and Dylan's body was found before he even reported him missing? That would look really bad IMO. I don't doubt that he thought his friends and especially his Mother would be trying to contact him. (Whether he did anything to him or not) I'm sure Elaine would have become quite concerned if she did not get a response from Dylan for a couple of days.

Here's another reason I'm still on the fence. I just don't think MR has the capacity to shrewdly calculate and pull anything like this off. Of course I don't know what LE has collected as evidence thus far, but based on what I have seen of this man he doesn't seem capable of a sophisticated cover up scheme. Still on the fence. It would just be easier to say I believe we can attribute Dylan's disappearance to this unlikeable father, but despite his creepiness, I'm not ready to do that....yet.

Here's another reason I'm still on the fence. I just don't think MR has the capacity to shrewdly calculate and pull anything like this off. Of course I don't know what LE has collected as evidence thus far, but based on what I have seen of this man he doesn't seem capable of a sophisticated cover up scheme. Still on the fence. It would just be easier to say I believe we can attribute Dylan's disappearance to this unlikeable father, but despite his creepiness, I'm not ready to do that....yet.

My thoughts are that there may not have been an elaborate cover up at all. I think it might be as simple as (IF he did something to him), in a panic he had to think of what to do with the body and quickly came up with the story of Dylan walked to the lake to go fishing and fell in and drowned, thinking he would surface shortly and it would be ruled an accidental drowning he placed him in the lake. I think that IF he did it and this is the case he never ever thought it would turn into what it has. IMO if this is the case the body may have gotten caught on something and is stuck in the lake. All MOO

I don't think there was anything elaborate about it whatsoever and I think that's why we're hearing conflicting statements. IMO IF he did it, it was NOT well thought out at all.

My thoughts are that there may not have been an elaborate cover up at all. I think it might be as simple as (IF he did something to him), in a panic he had to think of what to do with the body and quickly came up with the story of Dylan walked to the lake to go fishing and fell in and drowned, thinking he would surface shortly and it would be ruled an accidental drowning he placed him in the lake. I think that IF he did it and this is the case he never ever thought it would turn into what it has. IMO if this is the case the body may have gotten caught on something and is stuck in the lake. All MOO

I don't think there was anything elaborate about it whatsoever and I think that's why we're hearing conflicting statements. IMO IF he did it, it was NOT well thought out at all.

I agree, where I get stuck is that no one has found Dylan. In so many cases of a parent proven (in court) of harming their child, the body is recovered fairly quickly. Four plus months..........makes me wonder if there wasn't another scenario besides the dad.

Hi Ranch!

Mark having a wifi connection has been offered as an opinion in the past threads. I did not mean for it to come across as fact. In my opinion, if MR does have wifi, the connection and iPod cannot be used as proof Dylan was in his home. It is my opinion LE has something or someone proving Dylan made it to MR's home. The iPod cannot be used as proof.

Mark has a computer and we now know that the kids had tried downloading some vacation pics onto his computer. So imo, he DOES have wifi. Why would he have a computer and not have the internet?

I agree, where I get stuck is that no one has found Dylan. In so many cases of a parent proven (in court) of harming their child, the body is recovered fairly quickly. Four plus months..........makes me wonder if there wasn't another scenario besides the dad.

I don't know if that is necessarily true. I can think of a lot of 'possible' parentally involved child homicides without a body being found.

:star: :rose: Ayla Reynolds, Kyron Horman, Hailey Dunn, Baby Lisa, Sky Mantalwa, possibly Haighley Cummings, Isabel, and Sidney Nicole Randall. :rose: :rose: :star:

Of course that is always a possibility. It would not explain MR's conflicting stories, odd behavior and lack of concern in finding his son IMO. If MR knows HE didn't do it why isn't he trying to find Dylan?

I think IF Dylan is in the lake, his body is stuck on something and that's why it hasn't surfaced. I don't think that was part of the plan. (IF he did it of course) I do believe there is a body in that lake, based on several different dog hits. I just think it's too many dogs hitting for it to be a random error. Obviously I don't know that it is Dylan if there is a body there. I can only speculate that IF MR did something in the heat of the moment and panic set in, I would think the lake might be a logical place to put the body and try to make it look like an accident.

I still believe the WE in the WE picked him up at the airport!

Possibly so he wouldnt have to park someone drove and MR went into the terminal and the other person sat at the curb.

BBM
I thought that too, but now after hearing MR say that "WE" are going to take a polygraph test (on the Dr Phil show), it makes me wonder if either
- this is just the way MR talks
- it's another example of not taking personal responsibility for anything (not
able to use "I" words due to guilt)
- MR has mulitple personalities

All jmo obviously!

I read that often times people use the word 'WE' when they want to share responsibility...in other words to deflect away from themselves.

I really don't think there was a 'we' but that's just MOO.

I still find it odd that he was not alarmed by his sons absence. They had plans made for him to go back and pick up Dylan. Dylan's friends lived 18 miles away. How did he think D got there? He says he called and texted D several times that morning before returning home, and got no answer. And when he got home there was no note and none of D's belongings were there. He didn't find it odd or alarming? I find it strange that his response was to take a nap. JMO

If I make plans with one of my kids, and they are NOT where they are supposed to be at the time we agree upon, then I am going to check it out. Maybe they forgot, and got another ride, but I am going to make sure. And then reprimand and remind them that they need to keep me informed if they change our plans.

Rumor has it that a local in Vallecito is saying LE is currently searching CR 500. That would be the road that MR lives on not the road around the lake. Just an fyi...but it is on a non official facebook page so should be considered rumor.

Mark has a computer and we now know that the kids had tried downloading some vacation pics onto his computer. So imo, he DOES have wifi. Why would he have a computer and not have the internet?

The rumor I read was that the kids downloaded pictures while on vacation. Thus, besides being rumor, there is no confirmation that there is WiFi at MR's house.

Hi Katydid!

I tend to agree with you that Mark does have wifi, but I don't believe it is have been proven to be fact.

On another note, you can have Internet access w/o having a wifi connection. Wifi is used for wireless devices such as an iPod, laptop, etc...A desktop computer does not need wifi to connect to the Internet, only an ISP (Internet Service Provider). However, some cellphone providers have made it possible to pickup a wifi connection through their network. Example, MR could have this wifi service on his cellphone. If so, Dylan could have picked up a wifi connection through MR's cellphone. It can get complicated. I'm not stating this as fact, just offering opinions.

Even if Mark did have Wi-Fi in his home if Dylan didn't have the password he wouldn't be able to connect to the internet. That's assuming that there was Wi-Fi to password protect. A lot of assuming here. MOO.

Even if Mark did have Wi-Fi in his home if Dylan didn't have the password he wouldn't be able to connect to the internet. That's assuming that there was Wi-Fi to password protect. A lot of assuming here. MOO.

A person can disconnect password protection for their wifi connection. Whether intentional or in case of home usage it is usually by mistake. It is not a given that a wifi connection is password protected. Also, since Dylan had been to his dads in Sept. any wireless devices could have stored the wifi connection from back then. Just speculating.

And assuming the wifi (if he has it) is password protected. Many people don't password protect their wifi. MR had a laptop and an iPod so it doesn't seem unreasonable that he had wifi, although I don't believe that has been proven.

I have my cell phone set up to connect with wifi whenever it is within range. So many cell phones do have that capability. Of course I would also need the password if it's password protected, but whenever I'm out and about and go to use my phone it will tell me what wifi signals are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member