CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course that is always a possibility. It would not explain MR's conflicting stories, odd behavior and lack of concern in finding his son IMO. If MR knows HE didn't do it why isn't he trying to find Dylan?

I think IF Dylan is in the lake, his body is stuck on something and that's why it hasn't surfaced. I don't think that was part of the plan. (IF he did it of course) I do believe there is a body in that lake, based on several different dog hits. I just think it's too many dogs hitting for it to be a random error. Obviously I don't know that it is Dylan if there is a body there. I can only speculate that IF MR did something in the heat of the moment and panic set in, I would think the lake might be a logical place to put the body and try to make it look like an accident.

I pop in and out of this thread as my time permits. I must have missed the reports on the dogs alerting at the lake. Please fill me in. I place tremendous faith in the abilities of these amazing animals.

A person can disconnect password protection for their wifi connection. Whether intentional or in case of home usage it is usually by mistake. It is not a given that a wifi connection is password protected. Also, since Dylan had been to his dads in Sept. any wireless devices could have stored the wifi connection from back then. Just speculating.

I believe it's the other way around. When you get wifi it is not automatically password protected. You have to go in and set it up to be and assign a password. Many people don't know this and it's very dangerous to not have it password protected. And yes if Dylan were there and accessed the wifi before on any of his devices they would most likely have the password saved.

A person can disconnect password protection for their wifi connection. Whether intentional or in case of home usage it is usually by mistake. It is not a given that a wifi connection is password protected. Also, since Dylan had been to his dads in Sept. any wireless devices could have stored the wifi connection from back then. Just speculating.

Sure that's all possible. But we just don't know if it's fact. I'm speculating that if there was Wi-Fi at Mark's home Dylan may not have had access to it. I have no facts to back that up but it's a possibility.

I pop in and out of this thread as my time permits. I must have missed the reports on the dogs alerting at the lake. Please fill me in. I place tremendous faith in the abilities of these amazing animals.

Well don't quote me on any of this but shortly after Dylan went missing LE brought in cadaver dogs that got hits on the lake near the dam. I believe it was 3 different dogs. This prompted LE bringing in dive teams and sonar to search the lake. Due to altitude, temps and depth of the lake each diver could only go down once a day for 20 minutes I believe. I think there were 7 or 9 divers? Something like that. They could only go down 40 feet and the lake is close to 200 feet deep IIRC. So it was a limited search. Then the lake froze. Then Elaine and company had a private SAR operation come in and they cut holes in the lake and 2 of their dogs got hits on the lake near the same location. This is close...and may not be 100% accurate. So Elaine is going to bring in her own dive team as soon as the lake thaws. And we wait....

I would think it odd that Dylan would have even brought his iPod if MR did not have wifi.

I would think it odd that Dylan would have even brought his iPod if MR did not have wifi.

He could still play games on it.

For iPod Touch owners who do not have a Wi-Fi connection it's important to install games directly from iTunes to the device. This requires the included Apple USB cable and iTunes software. Once you have installed games on the device, it becomes a visually appealing game system on par with popular handheld units like the Sony PSP and Nintendo DS.

http://techtips.salon.com/install-downloaded-games-ipod-touch-2008.html

Well don't quote me on any of this but shortly after Dylan went missing LE brought in cadaver dogs that got hits on the lake near the dam. I believe it was 3 different dogs. This prompted LE bringing in dive teams and sonar to search the lake. Due to altitude, temps and depth of the lake each diver could only go down once a day for 20 minutes I believe. I think there were 7 or 9 divers? Something like that. They could only go down 40 feet and the lake is close to 200 feet deep IIRC. So it was a limited search. Then the lake froze. Then Elaine and company had a private SAR operation come in and they cut holes in the lake and 2 of their dogs got hits on the lake near the same location. This is close...and may not be 100% accurate. So Elaine is going to bring in her own dive team as soon as the lake thaws. And we wait....

Thank you for that recap. I would strongly encourage the mom to put out the word to ask for volunteers who dive off oil rigs to help. They are highly skilled at deep, lenghthy dives. Many are ex navy divers or ex seals now working in the commercial world.
Maybe they can assist. I put great weight against what the dogs signal.

Really? I take my iPod on walks and while travelling, all without wifi as the iPod's first purpose was an MP3 player, not for internet connections. An iPod is useful to a teen boy too. With or without the internet.

I am able to remember phone numbers of people before I acquired a cell phone. With all the change in technology over the years though, many people have changed their phone numbers when they got cell phones or would change cell phone providers. Now, when I go to make a phone call all that pops up is the persons name. I don't know anyones actual number by memory, because I only saw the number the one time when it was entered into my phone. Therefore, I don't find it odd that if Dylans phone or charger was broken or lost (charger), he wouldn't have numbers memorized to use the house phone.

I also don't find it odd that Dylan wouldn't use a phone book or be able to find the phone number of his friends in a phone book. I do not know if a phone book was available and cell phone numbers are not listed as well as many people keep their numbers private these days. I was just at a meeting last night where parents were discussing teens not knowing how to use a phone book. (I rolled eyes thinking how hard can this be to figure out) but apparently it was a issue or it would not have been brought up in a meeting.

The advancement in technology has allowed at lot of us to rely on things that we used to have to use our brains to figure out. Our younger generation is very dependent on technology.

As far as Dylan having access to the computer, MR may have blocked it for various reasons.

Thank you for that recap. I would strongly encourage the mom to put out the word to ask for volunteers who dive off oil rigs to help. They are highly skilled at deep, lenghthy dives. Many are ex navy divers or ex seals now working in the commercial world.

IIRC, one of the problems with diving at that location was the altitude. The other problem was the cold temperature of the lake. Since the altitude is a big factor, I wonder if divers with altitude experience would need to be used.

The family has stated that they have found the best dive team with the most sophisticated equipment. They are all lined up as soon as the lake thaws from what I understand. We need to wish for warmer temps and a quick thaw. The lake is starting the thaw around the shoreline and the northern end, but the dam is the deepest part and at the southern end and still pretty frozen I believe.

I just did some quick research on the dangers associated with dams, especially lowhead dams. Starteling findings! Google it. Based on what I just read and the dogs alerting at the dam, this would be a very very strong possibility imo. Apparently these dams are death traps.

I'm pretty sure someone asked MB through email weeks ago if MR had internet and a landline and she confirmed YES to both.
And the mods allowed it because they showed the actual email exchange with MR.

I read that often times people use the word 'WE' when they want to share responsibility...in other words to deflect away from themselves.

I really don't think there was a 'we' but that's just MOO.

I think MR sometimes refers to himself as "we." He used that "we" during Dr. Phil more than once, even when it was clear he was talking about himself.

I'm pretty sure someone asked MB through email weeks ago if MR had internet and a landline and she confirmed YES to both.

Missed that and who is MB? If true, internet isn't the same as wifi though.

Internet does not necessarily = wifi. Wifi is a wireless internet signal and can be used for a laptop, iPod, cell phone etc. It does not require actually hooking the device up to the internet cable.

I think MR sometimes refers to himself as "we." He used that "we" during Dr. Phil more than once, even when it was clear he was talking about himself.

Oprah refers to herself in the third person in personal conversations.

To each their own.

So many cases treated as runaways. One simply has to look through the various cases on this forum alone.

In my daughters case they wanted to treat it the same way till I told them one thing.

Why did the SO call in SAR so quick?

Mark has a computer and we now know that the kids had tried downloading some vacation pics onto his computer. So imo, he DOES have wifi. Why would he have a computer and not have the internet?

Isn't it possible to have the internet through cable or satellite and not have wifi?? That's wireless, right?
I'm not tech savvy at all, but before we got internet through our satellite, all I had was dial-up internet. It's possible this was all Mark had.

So many cases treated as runaways. One simply has to look through the various cases on this forum alone.

In my daughters case they wanted to treat it the same way till I told them one thing.

Why did the SO call in SAR so quick?

BBM

A very good question. Could be because MR said his fishing pole was missing and indicated he might have headed to the lake? Could be because they found a fishing pole at the lake or some other evidence? Guaranteed they are not telling the public everything.

There are other lakes and rivers around there so why did they bring the cadaver dogs there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3