CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why was there so much confusion with respect to what Dylan was wearing?

The missing flyers in the early days were confusing. One would describe his clothes as one thing, another would describe his clothes as something different. I don't think MR is probably the most observant person IMO.

Then again I know I was busy being asked questions while LE collected items after I gave my permission. They bagged various items, took DNA swabs, clothing, dusted for fingerprints etc. I did not have a clue what they took to be honest.

Why would LE not want to clarify this if there was nothing left behind for those wonderful scent dogs?

Mind you what were those dogs using the first night and the next day for scent? They never asked for the family to bring items with them from Colorado Springs.

It as well is my understanding that someone only went back on the weekend for items although I have heard two stories with respect to that as well.

BBM

A very good question. Could be because MR said his fishing pole was missing and indicated he might have headed to the lake? Could be because they found a fishing pole at the lake or some other evidence? Guaranteed they are not telling the public everything.

There are other lakes and rivers around there so why did they bring the cadaver dogs there?

I don't think a missing fishing pole would be something to alarm LE. If the home looked like it was a crime scene, I would think they would declare it as such and we would of seen them doing a meticulous search then.

Was perhaps a note left? For some reason Dylan does not strike me as doing this. As his friends stated he would often show up unannounced.

So it really leaves me with one thing and that is his phone but I am simply guessing on that.

Did the HRD not come in after the scent dogs? I am pretty sure it was later in the week. That would as well seem prudent since they were not ruling anything out at that time.

We must remember that the HRD, hits on the decomp of anyone. not a specific person. Had there been an accident previously in that area? I don't know the answers to that but I would think LE would.

I thought nothing of Dylan's was left behind.....not even a sock

so the clothes on the couch; heck they could have been Mark's recent laundry

I can't see LE leaving them behind if they were Dylan's....

I honestly can't remeber LE stating that nothing was left behind "not even a sock". I could be mistaken, which would be normal for me.

The fishing pole and the sock seem to be the 2 catch phrases that seem to be on the parents mind. The fishing pole for MR and the sock for ER.

Why was there so much confusion with respect to what Dylan was wearing?

The missing flyers in the early days were confusing. One would describe his clothes as one thing, another would describe his clothes as something different. I don't think MR is probably the most observant person IMO.

Then again I know I was busy being asked questions while LE collected items after I gave my permission. They bagged various items, took DNA swabs, clothing, dusted for fingerprints etc. I did not have a clue what they took to be honest.

Why would LE not want to clarify this if there was nothing left behind for those wonderful scent dogs?

Mind you what were those dogs using the first night and the next day for scent? They never asked for the family to bring items with them from Colorado Springs.

It as well is my understanding that someone only went back on the weekend for items although I have heard two stories with respect to that as well.

Well considering that nobody saw Dylan up and dressed that morning I don't know how anyone could know what he was last wearing. So I guess they just used what he was last seen wearing on Sunday.

I don't think a missing fishing pole would be something to alarm LE. If the home looked like it was a crime scene, I would think they would declare it as such and we would of seen them doing a meticulous search then.

Was perhaps a note left? For some reason Dylan does not strike me as doing this. As his friends stated he would often show up unannounced.

So it really leaves me with one thing and that is his phone but I am simply guessing on that.

Did the HRD not come in after the scent dogs? I am pretty sure it was later in the week. That would as well seem prudent since they were not ruling anything out at that time.

We must remember that the HRD, hits on the decomp of anyone. not a specific person. Had there been an accident previously in that area? I don't know the answers to that but I would think LE would.

To my knowledge they didn't bring cadaver dogs to MR's house. But I don't think anyone knows for sure.

I think they would bring cadaver dogs to the lake if they found DYLAN'S fishing pole near the shoreline of the lake.

I do not accept Mark Redwine's list of what was taken from his home in the search. The only reference point acceptable to me would be the chain of custody paperwork from law enforcement. I also don't think the MR was under an obligation to state in it's entirety what was taken and he may have been advised to omit certain articles. How much freedom of information exists in Colorado? It sure would be fan-tab-u-lous to see the search warrant(s) and the associated paperwork. I'm surprised a media source hasn't attempted to get those documents.

I as well do not accept MR's list. Whether left out intentionally or asked not to state that information, I do not know. I would like to see the chain of custody paperwork as well.

To my knowledge they didn't bring cadaver dogs to MR's house. But I don't think anyone knows for sure.

I think they would bring cadaver dogs to the lake if they found DYLAN'S fishing pole near the shoreline of the lake.

As many have stated, they do not believe Dylan even made it to the house and if he did then something must of happened in the house or just outside of it.

I would think MR would be at the top of the list. so to not start the dogs at the home would seem counter productive to me. I think that would be logical place to start. JMO.

As many have stated, they do not believe Dylan even made it to the house and if he did then something must of happened in the house or just outside of it.

I would think MR would be at the top of the list. so to not start the dogs at the home would seem counter productive to me. I think that would be logical place to start. JMO.

I think it depends on what type of dogs you're talking about. I think they did bring scent dogs to his house right away but they had nothing to get Dylan's scent off of for the dogs to follow, from what I understand. Cadaver dogs hit on bodies. They didn't do the extensive search of MR's home for 10 days, so if a body had been in there at one time, or in MR's vehicle's at one time would cadaver dogs still be able to catch a scent after 10 days?

Sure that's all possible. But we just don't know if it's fact. I'm speculating that if there was Wi-Fi at Mark's home Dylan may not have had access to it. I have no facts to back that up but it's a possibility.

Speculating that Mark has/had Wi-Fi, Most people these days will pass-protect their account to prevent people from using a service they are paying for. A few years ago, not so much.

If he is like me...mine is password protected, but is always on/connected.

Meaning when i want to access the internet, I don't have to connect every time I hop on my computer.

Speculating that Mark has/had Wi-Fi, Most people these days will pass-protect their account to prevent people from using a service they are paying for. A few years ago, not so much.

If he is like me...mine is password protected, but is always on/connected.

Meaning when i want to access the internet, I don't have to connect every time I hop on my computer.

Mine is password protected too. Every time one of my kids or grandkids come to the house with a new device, I have to give them the code. Same when I go to their houses, I need their codes for my computer and cell phone.

I would think it odd that Dylan would have even brought his iPod if MR did not have wifi.

Why not...a regular ipod doesn't require Wi-Fi to play music.

Even an ipod touch woul dn't require it to only use it for music.

Mine is password protected too. Every time one of my kids or grandkids come to the house with a new device, I have to give them the code. Same when I go to their houses, I need their codes for my computer and cell phone.

Exactly, when one of my sons visit...he always needs my password to cut down on his data usage as Wi-Fi is free/cheaper.

I agree, where I get stuck is that no one has found Dylan. In so many cases of a parent proven (in court) of harming their child, the body is recovered fairly quickly. Four plus months..........makes me wonder if there wasn't another scenario besides the dad.

I understand what you are saying as far as the amount of time that has elapsed vs. other cases.

However, we (in general, here at WS) have had the time to research and understand how a body would respond if put into that Lake due to the temperatures of the water, the slowing of the decomposition of a body, the depth, altitude and temperature of the lake and how it affected the divers, etc... There were even many posters here at WS familiar with these types of cases that were unsure of why divers couldn't search the lake, and various other factors involved. I myself didn't at first understand some of these factors either...

I truly do think that the amount of time that has elapsed is due to all of the factors above - factors that I don't think would even be considered by someone (MR or otherwise) in a panic who may have placed DR's body in the water. I would imagine that people have definitely drown in the lake before, and were probably found rather quickly - mostly due to the fact that the tourists, and higher traffic on the water is in the warmer summer months.

Of course, as always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

Mark has a computer and we now know that the kids had tried downloading some vacation pics onto his computer. So imo, he DOES have wifi. Why would he have a computer and not have the internet?

I don't think the downloading of vacation pics would be via wi-fi - more likely a USB connection direct from the camera to the computer. When my daughters download pictures from their camera they all go into the same folder under the name of the camera, and then each download is separated into folders by date. (That would explain how the kids had access in re: to other things likely in the same place on the computer.)

I think it depends on what type of dogs you're talking about. I think they did bring scent dogs to his house right away but they had nothing to get Dylan's scent off of for the dogs to follow, from what I understand. Cadaver dogs hit on bodies. They didn't do the extensive search of MR's home for 10 days, so if a body had been in there at one time, or in MR's vehicle's at one time would cadaver dogs still be able to catch a scent after 10 days?

Yes, from my understanding a HRD dog would be able to pick up a scent. I have a hard time believing that when the FBI did their search that HRD dogs were not brought in. I would think they have a standard protocol that they follow in all missing child cases, but I could be wrong.

I found a good Q&A thread here on WS's about HRD dogs.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-152258.html

BBM

IMO, it is not easy to trick someone by texting as someone else. You could probably pull it off for a short text or two, but carrying on a conversation would be difficult, if not impossible, to fool someone very long. People have definite ways they type, just like they have definite patterns of speech.

I have three sons, and if one of them texted me using his brother's phone, I would know pretty quickly which one I was talking to without being told.

All MOO, as always.

I do agree with you in regard to how easy/hard it would be for people to fake texts, and written words. There are linguists out there in the world who can literally read a book, and then discover who the ghost writer was based on phrasing, and other small characteristics of style. As for texting and emails and the like - I know that I can tell when my oldest is angry with me by the short, precise statements. I also can pretty much tell when I believe she has let her BF text back to me - whether she was lazy or whatever... If I listen to my gut, I know that something's not quite right (either she is upset with me, or it's not her writing at all...).

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:
Just supporting your opinion on this point. Short texts, for a short period of time - sure. Longer conversations as you said - no way. Especially if someone wasn't a person who texted with the other person all of the time and knew the phrases, spelling and emoticons typically used.

I believe Elaine will be bringing in a group with high tech Sonar equipment and ROV's. We read where many bodies where recovered in much deeper lakes than Vallecito this way. i.e. no need for divers at all.

I do believe the reason for the helicopter flyovers over the lake after LE had their divers in there, was they were hoping a body might surface.

But as someone else also explained there is probably lots of timber and other debris in that lake that a body could easily get stuck on.

I'm hoping that if there is a body in there (no matter who it is) that Elaine's group can find it. I can't find any logical explanation for 5 different dogs hitting there if there is no body. I do believe someone is in that lake. I read that this group will be there for many days doing a very thorough search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129