CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #46

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The string of bad luck or coincidences has been questioned many times here over the past months, and I have always wondered why it seems so unbelievable - do other people not have days where everything really does go wrong?? I am not being facetious or trivialising this at all, but stuff does just happen.
Scroll on by if you are offended by unrelated stories - I'm describing a string of coincidences experienced by me personally.

Two days ago I had one of those days and thought it would never end:
- running kind of late for work to begin with after getting slow teens moving,
- noticing the fuel tank on empty rather early in my 30 minute drive to work,
- stopping for fuel and having every bank/credit card I own declined,
- being held up for 20 minutes at road works,
- arriving at school 10 minutes after classes had begun and racing into my class only to fall flat on my face in the middle of the room,
- fighting with all manner of rather vital technology for the rest of the day, including computers, smartboards and ipads that just would not work.
Seriously by midday I was sitting at my desk wondering why I had even bothered getting out of bed that day. The thing is that it's not the first time I have had a day like that, so I am surprised that others find a few coincidences in Dylan's case so unbelievable.

Again, I'm not minimising the tragedy of whatever has happened to Dylan, just offering an opinion about one aspect of our discussion here.

:moo:

Yet I totally agree with you concerning the above happening in an adults world.

But for everything to have taken place the way it has in the world of a Thrirteen year old ?

The string of bad luck or coincidences has been questioned many times here over the past months, and I have always wondered why it seems so unbelievable - do other people not have days where everything really does go wrong?? I am not being facetious or trivialising this at all, but stuff does just happen.
Scroll on by if you are offended by unrelated stories - I'm describing a string of coincidences experienced by me personally.

Two days ago I had one of those days and thought it would never end:
- running kind of late for work to begin with after getting slow teens moving,
- noticing the fuel tank on empty rather early in my 30 minute drive to work,
- stopping for fuel and having every bank/credit card I own declined,
- being held up for 20 minutes at road works,
- arriving at school 10 minutes after classes had begun and racing into my class only to fall flat on my face in the middle of the room,
- fighting with all manner of rather vital technology for the rest of the day, including computers, smartboards and ipads that just would not work.
Seriously by midday I was sitting at my desk wondering why I had even bothered getting out of bed that day. The thing is that it's not the first time I have had a day like that, so I am surprised that others find a few coincidences in Dylan's case so unbelievable.

Again, I'm not minimising the tragedy of whatever has happened to Dylan, just offering an opinion about one aspect of our discussion here.

:moo:

I absolutely agree a 'series of unfortunate events' might be at play here, either on MR's behalf or on DR's , depending on what happened to him.

So, do you think if MR has donated to a fund, that it is more likely this was a stranger abduction or an accident?

IMO, whether or not MR has donated to a fund has absolutely zilch to do with whether or not he had a hand in Dylan's disappearance. Do you mind explaining your reasoning behind that question?

IDK about the page and quoting but any of the family's quotes we've been allowed to direct to. If that is true then that is a big mystery solved, isn't it ?

The Dr. Phil show was the last time MR has spoken publicly. At that time he said the fishing pole had never been found.

Yes, and for some reason he was very pointed about that remark. Like it was some huge clue or something, or that somehow since the fishing pole had never been found he was using it as some sort of alibi statement? I personally just found it strange the way he accented that specific statement, instead of perhaps pointing out that Dylan hasn't been found, and until he is everyone should back off of him.

As always, all of the above is MOO! :cow:

IMO, whether or not MR has donated to a fund has absolutely zilch to do with whether or not he had a hand in Dylan's disappearance. Do you mind explaining your reasoning behind that question?

Sure. Some people were saying that MR did not appear to be doing anything to help find his son. We were talking about volunteering, organizing fundraisers, appearing on the media more, and donating to the reward fund. In your opinion, this has zilch to do with whether he's behind Dylan's disappearance. In my opinion, whether he has donated to a fund to help find his missing son would hardly be proof. It does seem to be another deficit in his zeal or care or observable concern. But another poster rightly pointed out that he could have donated anonymously. If I saw MR out doing a lot, very engaged, the way I've seen fathers in other cases, I would suspect him less.

I think LE looks at behavior surrounding a case very carefully. Those of us who suspect MR, suspect him based on many different pieces of circumstantial evidence or have formed opinions best on our own thoughtful assessments. JMO

Could Dylan of used the iPod touch to text because Mark had taken away his phone I wonder ?

Do we know for certain it was sent by the iPod and not his cell phone? I didn't think that was clear from what we have heard about the message itself. I just want to be clear on it myself, and not get more confused on the facts themselves...

BBM

Do we know for a fact that Dylan took the missing fishing pole? Maybe he didn't go fishing but was trying to meet up with his friends and he took all of his stuff for that reason. MOO.

The fishing pole is not a fact, we only have Mark's word it is even missing. He does tend to bring it up though in the interviews. So IMO if you believe Mark, Dylan should have the fishing pole with him in the other various scenarios right? According to Cory, the fishing rod was in the garage, according to Mark it was in the house. Mark has not stated there was a break-in at an earlier date, therefore either Dylan took it or an abductor knew it was Dylan's & took it when he took Dylan.

The fishing pole is not a fact, we only have Mark's word it is even missing. He does tend to bring it up though in the interviews. So IMO if you believe Mark, Dylan should have the fishing pole with him in the other various scenarios right? According to Cory, the fishing rod was in the garage, according to Mark it was in the house. Mark has not stated there was a break-in at an earlier date, therefore either Dylan took it or an abductor knew it was Dylan's & took it when he took Dylan.

I believe that it's possible that Mark is mistaken about when the fishing pole went missing. MOO.

I believe that it's possible that Mark is mistaken about when the fishing pole went missing. MOO.

But in the video of Mark at home the living and Kitchen are on top of each other so he would not noticed the pole missing before Dylan "took" it on Monday IMO

And I think he said the Pole was by the door or tv and so in such a small space if you have a fishing pole there and then its gone you would notice :cow:

Guys, you all know the rules for FB. You all know the FB page allowed and how to discuss it. Rumor is not allowed.

Ima

You know you just gave me a thought and here I will once again throw MR a bone. Maybe the pole's been gone a long while, lost, stolen, misplaced etc. But MR in his panic and worry has clung to that image to pacify himself. " surely he's just gone fishing and that's all ' as opposed to boogeyman has his son and his whereabouts unknown. I understand after 4 months , it would not be the same as that first few days. I can imagine a parent thinking Oh no , they're not off with a pedo or stranger, they're just fishing/ hiking got lost etc. They're going to show up any minute with a wild tale.
Only it didn't turn out that way :(

LOL.. I forgot who wanted this..

Snip from transcript from Dr. Phil RE: Dylans last text

Dr. Phil:
And was he texting them up until 9:30?

ER:
I believe the last text was about 9:30… somewhere around there.

Dr. Phil:
To those friends?

ER:
Yes.

Dr. Phil:
Okay, so he was in connection with them until 9:30. Not another text was ever sent from his phone?

ER:
Right.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191821&page=4
Post 94 full Transcript

Mark Redwine should have been civil and available from day one of Dylan's disappearance.

He texted Elaine about Dylan being missing; Elaine reported Dylan missing.

It is documented that Mark Redwine was emotionally abusive to his ex-wives and children. He has grown children that want nothing to do with him.

He continually refuses to "communicate" with Elaine and Cory.

<Mod Snip>
You (in general) see Mark Redwine in a whole different light than I do.

For some reason it seems the abuser is being seen as the victim here.

The victims are Dylan, Elaine, Cory and other family members.

JMO/MOO

BBM

This is a he says, she says type of issue. MR states that ER and CR refuse to communicate with him. However, CR was seen "communicating" aka hugging his father at a vigil. Odd, for someone who stated on national TV that he hates his father. I do see MR as a victim as well, since Dylan is his child too, and Dylan is missing. Until further evidence is revealed, there is nothing to make me believe that Dylan is a victim OF his father. It's entirely possible that this was a stranger abduction or some kind of accident.

I very much agree with you Mix. In fact, perps have been known to be "very helpful" in some cases.

Ok :) , the only reason why i take her word over his is because i can see a mother who is completely devastated and is doing everything she can to bring Dylan home. The little i have seen from Mark has just depressed me and i think he is capable of hurting his son in a fit of temper and is stone walling Elaine and Cory . Plus he has multiply accounts of what he did that day and on Sunday which makes me think he is hiding something :cow:

I have heard only one account. Could you please refresh my memory with a link to any other accounts by MR of what he did that Sunday? TIA. :blushing:

But in the video of Mark at home the living and Kitchen are on top of each other so he would not noticed the pole missing before Dylan "took" it on Monday IMO

And I think he said the Pole was by the door or tv and so in such a small space if you have a fishing pole there and then its gone you would notice :cow:

Maybe Mark's memory is correct and it was there in the house and Dylan took it with him on Monday morning.

Or maybe he decided to say it was in the house after Cory said it was in the garage and why would he notice it was gone.

I'm not sure were or when this fishing pole disappeared. MOO.

This is helpful for sure. I was basically trying to figure out if you could just block a certain person from texting you only, or did it have to be the whole nine yards. I was just thinking in terms of MR's statement about her texting but won't answer a phone call, if it's a possibility he blocked her from texting him just so they could have a phone conversation. Not speaking for either here, but I do believe that conversations regarding your missing son should be in an actual call not over text message.

On my plan I can block texts (incoming and outgoing) from a specific phone number but I still can make and receive voice calls from that number.

A question about the wifi.

What if MR does not have wifi, but a neighbor does?
Dylan could have used an unprotected signal, and that person could have seen him using it.
If he was using an unencrypted site, they could see what he was sending/receiving.

//just moo

For those who don't think MR did it, have you all looked at other unsolved missing person's cases in the area? On the Lyric Elizabeth thread, someone had a huge long list. Also, Has anyone been looking at Craigslist for the areas for anything hinky? Does backpage or something like it still exist? On the Lyric/Elizabeth thread someone even contacted someone from Anonymous and got them to track down a pedophile's info from some advertisement. You can find crazy stuff on craigslist that might connect to local campgrounds etc. There's lots that can be done. There's a way to talk about it that's within TOS, but you might want to ask a mod if you find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills