CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wayyyy behind so this has probably been cleared up but on the DR PHIL show Mark Redwine himself told us that LE told him that he had either failed or the results were inconclusive at best. Dr. Phil

I can understand the results being inconclusive just because of the way MR talks. He probably didn't give just "yes" or "no" answers.

JMO

I found an article that shows that LE sometimes get things wrong when asking for a search warrant. A Kansas City couple is suing to get more information of why LE raided their home last April 20th during a sweep dubbed " Operation Constant Gardener." The homeowners had bought hydroponic equipment to grow some vegetables in their basement and that's the only thing that they can think of that may be the cause of the raid.
"With little or no other evidence of any illegal activity, law enforcement officers make the assumption that shoppers at the store are potential marijuana growers, even though the stores are most commonly frequented by backyard gardeners who grow organically or start seedlings indoors," the couple's lawsuit says.

LE left after finding nothing more than three tomato plants, one melon plant and two butternut squash plants growing in the basement, and leaving a receipt saying "no item's taken."

So sometimes judges issue search warrants based on little or faulty information. It also means that just because LE gets a search warrant for a home it doesn't mean that the homeowner is guilty of a crime. MOO.

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/2...aim.html#storylink=omni_popular#storylink=cpy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/kansas-couple-pot-raid_n_2980703.html

I am wayyyy behind so this has probably been cleared up but on the DR PHIL show Mark Redwine himself told us that LE told him that he had either failed or the results were inconclusive at best. Dr. Phil

LE may have told Mark he failed the test when he actually passed to put pressure on him to confess. That's why I used the word "official" in my post. Until LE releases any polygraph results it remains "unclear" to me what they actually are. MOO.

Speaking of statistics, this should be an interesting site once it's built out: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellit...Layout&cid=1251621996149&pagename=CBONWrapper

I went to the CBI site because I thought I had seen something about missing person's DNA, but I was wrong. It does not provide information on DNA collection or testing. It does say the CBI is responsible for collecting dental records for anyone missing more than 30 days.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDPS-CBIInvestigations/CBON/1251621980221

I just find it really weird that LE was not more interested in the latest HRD hits at the lake. I wonder what they know that makes them, shall we say, uninspired, to search the lake? MOOJMOIMO.

I found an article that shows that LE sometimes get things wrong when asking for a search warrant. A Kansas City couple is suing to get more information of why LE raided their home last April 20th during a sweep dubbed " Operation Constant Gardener." The homeowners had bought hydroponic equipment to grow some vegetables in their basement and that's the only thing that they can think of that may be the cause of the raid.

LE left after finding nothing more than three tomato plants, one melon plant and two butternut squash plants growing in the basement, and leaving a receipt saying "no item's taken."

So sometimes judges issue search warrants based on little or faulty information. It also means that just because LE gets a search warrant for a home it doesn't mean that the homeowner is guilty of a crime. MOO.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/03/2...aim.html#storylink=omni_popular#storylink=cpy

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/29/kansas-couple-pot-raid_n_2980703.html

BBM

Yes, exactly!!

I find it hard to believe to believe that 21,000 children are kidnapped by strangers every year. There are nowhere near that many children posted about on WS, and every case that is entered into NCMEC, reported by any media source, or gets a mention on social media gets posted about on WS. So are we saying that there are thousands of children being abducted by strangers every year yet no mention of 95% of these cases on the Internet? Even if the child is rescued very soon after, I would think that would still make local news? Where are the articles about these cases? Do they all involve poor minority victims living in inner-cities, so they get zero attention?

I find it hard to believe to believe that 21,000 children are kidnapped by strangers every year. There are nowhere near that many children posted about on WS, and every case that is entered into NCMEC, reported by any media source, or gets a mention on social media gets posted about on WS. So are we saying that there are thousands of children being abducted by strangers every year yet no mention of 95% of these cases on the Internet? Even if the child is rescued very soon after, I would think that would still make local news? Where are the articles about these cases? Do they all involve poor minority victims living in inner-cities, so they get zero attention?

There are NOT 21,000 children abducted by strangers every year. The Justice Dept provides stats that show there are only 110-115 stranger abductions every year. I don't know where those numbers come from because a quick Google will show that claim to be false. Stranger abductions are RARE.

Everything I've ever read says that about 115 children are abducted by strangers every year in the United States. What puzzles me is the quickness with which the difficult case with little information available to the public are assumed to be crimes perpetrated by the last person to see the child (isabel celis, maddie mccann, lisa irwin, dylan redwine) If 115 are actually kidnapped, we read about some that are resolved, what makes it so hard to think that Dylan Redwine may be one of the 115?

Because as I see it the homes were not the crime scenes.
Because the missing person lives there its hard to find evidence of a crime unless there is blood evidence.

But they didn't know if the homes might have been crime scenes until they did the searches, esp. in Haleigh C.'s case.
True, sometimes it's hard to find evidence when a missing child lives in that home, unless there is blood or other evidence of a crime. And that's why they do forensic searches... to try to find evidence.

I remember that Ernie Allen, head of the NCMEC, said that Kyron Horman's case is included in that 115 a year figure. I'm sorry but...What? First, Kyron's case is unsolved. And unlike a case like Jacob Wetterling or Adam Walsh (before it was solved), LE has not shown heavy favorability towards a stranger abduction. So I have to wonder what exact cases are included in that 115 figure.

Although hundreds of thousands of children are reported missing every year, about 115 are cases in which a child is abducted by a stranger and killed, held for ransom or taken for another reason. Kyron's case, though still unsolved, falls in this category, said Ernie Allen, president of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children.

Is that the criteria Kyron falls under? It seems very broad....?

I do not want to go OT into a discussion about Kyron. Just pointing out that the 115 a year figure is not 100% cases like Jessica Ridgeway.

everything i've ever read says that about 115 children are abducted by strangers every year in the united states. What puzzles me is the quickness with which the difficult case with little information available to the public are assumed to be crimes perpetrated by the last person to see the child (isabel celis, maddie mccann, lisa irwin, dylan redwine) if 115 are actually kidnapped, we read about some that are resolved, what makes it so hard to think that dylan redwine may be one of the 115?

mr

True!
I think he was waiting for MR to fall asleep and he left the house with everything he came with. MR woke up and went out in search of Dyan. He finds him and they argue and it all goes wrong! Nothing good happend that night as I see it. From his photo at Walmart you can tell things were not happy.
jmo

Could you link to the Walmart photo, please? I haven't seen it and would like to make my own judgment as to whether or not Dylan looked happy.

Speaking of statistics, this should be an interesting site once it's built out: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellit...Layout&cid=1251621996149&pagename=CBONWrapper

I went to the CBI site because I thought I had seen something about missing person's DNA, but I was wrong. It does not provide information on DNA collection or testing. It does say the CBI is responsible for collecting dental records for anyone missing more than 30 days.

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDPS-CBIInvestigations/CBON/1251621980221

I just find it really weird that LE was not more interested in the latest HRD hits at the lake. I wonder what they know that makes them, shall we say, uninspired, to search the lake? MOOJMOIMO.

IMO, either they feel strongly that Dylan is elsewhere, hiding, or they don't put faith in their dogs.

BBM

Sadly, I believe this is probably the case. JMO.

Please see the post I just posted. You are confusing stranger abductions and slight acquaintance abductions with stereotypical kidnappings. In the same table in my last post, you'll find the number non-family abductions that are perpetrated by slight acquaintances, and directly to the right of that, you'll find the number of stereotypical kidnappings that are perpetrated by slight acquaintances.

Stranger abductions and slight acquaintance abductions are not synonymous with stereotypical kidnappings. There are more criteria that must be met to be categorized as a stereotypical kidnapping than whether it was committed by a stranger or slight acquaintance.

It's all detailed in the document

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/nismart2_nonfamily.pdf

ETA here's my last post I'm referring to

ETA you actually listed all the other criteria for a stereotypical kidnapping in your post

and involving a child who was transported 50 or more miles, detained overnight, held for ransom or with the intent to keep the child permanently, or killed.

I didn't list them; the report you cited did.

Could you link to the Walmart photo, please? I haven't seen it and would like to make my own judgment as to whether or not Dylan looked happy.

Here it is.
Redwine_Airport_WR_1354691003732_335180_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

I can't tell what Dylan's mood is from viewing this photo. MOO.
Sorry,that's the airport photo. Let me see if I can find the Walmart one.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ast-seen-night-before-he-was-reported-missing

There are NOT 21,000 children abducted by strangers every year. The Justice Dept provides stats that show there are only 110-115 stranger abductions every year. I don't know where those numbers come from because a quick Google will show that claim to be false. Stranger abductions are RARE.

The 115 per year are stereotypical kidnappings, not stranger abductions.

Look at table 3 on page 8 to see the number of stranger perpetrated non-family abductions. It's 37 percent of 58,200. That's 21,534 stranger abductions per year.

Directly to the right of that you'll see that 71% of the 115 (= 82) stereotypical kidnappings are perpetrated by strangers.

Stranger abductions (21,534) and stereotypical kidnappings (115) are not synonymous.

It's all in the document I keep posting which is from U.S. Department of Justice

http://www.missingkids.com/en_US/documents/nismart2_nonfamily.pdf

Here's a screenshot of the referenced table. The red is my addition.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member