CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Correction to the times i posted earlier regarding Bob Harrod's case being featured on ID. The time changed............AGAIN. I don't know why it kept getting moved around, but it has again.

New time: 5 pm PT, 8pm ET. The show will repeat again later on in that day on Thursday April 4th. Repeat time: 8 pm PT, 11 pm ET.

TY

This may have already been posted. I'm just catching up. From the Dr Phil transcript linked in the media thread

Dr. Phil: In all of your experience have you ever encountered a mother and father with a missing child that were unwilling to take a poly?

Trimarco: I have not ever had a mother and father refuse to take a poly in a missing child case whether they were involved or not

Elaine was not asked to take a poly on Dr. Phil show, so it doesn't matter if he said 'and' because you can't refuse if you're not asked.

First off, I don't believe that it was a good idea for Mark to go on the Dr Phil show at all let alone submit himself to a polygraph on national TV.

Secondly,I don't feel that a polygraph can "clear" anyone from a crime no matter how well the examiner is respected in that field.

Thirdly, LE got a shot at Mark more than once without him having legal representation. That's more than they usually get. And I haven't seen where LE has said that Mark is no longer cooperating with them or refusing to answer any of their questions.

MOO.

I asked my son whether or not a polygraph can clear someone, and he said, not entirely, there needs to be some other facts in place in order to clear a person from suspicion. He says it does aid LE in investigations, and it gives them a platform from which to draw other conclusions, but it is not evidence of guilt or innocence.

If my child was missing, I would take one. But I would NOT take one on Dr. Phil or any other t.v. talk show. That's just me.

Dr. P: This man's done 3500 polygraphs (referring to Jack Trimarco). Do you know how many fathers with missing sons have ever-ever refused to take a polygraph in all his years of doing polygraph work? You know how many have done what you've done? Zero. You, Mark, you're it."

@ about 35:36 in the video.

Dr. Phil - The Search for Dylan Redwine: Part 2 (Feb. 27th, 2013) - YouTube

Important information is lacking from DP's statement. For it to have validity beyond television drama, I need to know to how many fathers with missing sons he has administered a test.

It's my belief that EH heard about MR's results from MR himself. In other words, MR told EH that LE said he failed, then that the result was inconclusive. (the two were communicating a little bit during the time of the polygraphs). I further believe that LE has not told EH that they've asked for another polygraph. They didn't even tell her that the last communication from Dylan was at 9:37pm until they released it to the public.

"Following his training with the Department of Defense and the F.B.I. as a polygraph / lie detection expert he has conducted more than 2,500 polygraph tests throughout the world."

http://www.jacktrimarco.com/index.html

So, it is 2,500 or 3,500. And I've searched for how many were to fathers of missing sons but that data appears unavailable.

Also interesting to discover how many of his 2,500 or 3,500 tests were disqualified. Maybe that's the 1,000 difference. IDK.

Just catching up, the shirt Dylan was wearing in photos had short sleeves, missing poster just says a black Nike t-shirt, but the news link say long black sleeves. So which one is it. If it is truly long sleeves comparing to the photo he changed shirts, if not and is the short sleeve shirt then someone is reporting wrong. Jmo is the news reporting wrong or someone else. Maybe it is to early with only one cup of coffee to figure this on out.

All this time and all our prayers and DR is not home with his family. I still hope though. MOO

Elaine was not asked to take a poly on Dr. Phil show, so it doesn't matter if he said 'and' because you can't refuse if you're not asked.

It doesn't matter to you, and you gave your reason. Thanks. The rest of us can decide for ourselves if it matters to us.

It matters to me, and it has nothing to do with Elaine. It matters to me because later in the show, Dr Phil misstated what Trimarco said, and it seemed to me to be solely to mislead MR and more importantly to me, the viewers of his show. I just simply don't believe what Dr Phil later said to MR, misstating what Trimarco said, and saying instead that Trimarco has never had a father of a missing child refuse a poly. That's just not believable to me, and it's not what Trimarco said.

Just my opinion. :twocents:

Happy Easter, everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Love and prayers to Dylan, and all who care about him. :heartbeat:

I'll give my two cents on the comparison between the DC logo and Dylan's shirt. If I had to guess I would say no. But since the airport and Walmart photos are of so poor quality I can't rule out that the t-shirt worn by Dylan has the DC logo on it. Dylan's shirt may even be one that they no longer sell and it's different than the one I found. Hard to say for sure.

there are many styles for DC t shirts

IMO this one looks very similar to the one Dylan was wearing.

https://www.dcshoes.com.au/media/catalog/product/d/c/dc_mens_metalcore_t-shirt_51200549_blk_1_c.jpg

ETA: if anyone knows how to get the picture to show instead ofthe link that would be great, also if anyone knows how to put it next to the airport/walmart pic/s

Thanks in advance

I wonder what "DC" means on this shirt? Is there more lettering than DC because I can't even see the DC in the photos myself.

DC is a brand name. I don't remember exactly what it stands for, but I could look it up and see. It's a very popular brand of shoe, and they make hats, hoodies, etc. It started out for skateboarders, etc.

I found a link on Wiki that states what DC stands/stood for.

" DC originally stood for "Droors Clothing", but since the sale of Droors Clothing (which is now defunct), DC no longer has ties to Droors and is simply DC Shoes."

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Shoes"]DC Shoes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

They do? I'm not seeing that for sure myself but that's just my opinion. I'm leaving it at a maybe for now.

The airport and Wal-Mart pics are too blurry for me to make a 100% positive ID on the shirt, but if I had to render a guess, I'd say with 90% certainty that it is a DC shirt, and I say this only because I've seen them in several different designs.

I'm thinking that taking and passing a tv show polygraph would not clear MR or anyone else for that matter. Not in the eyes of LE (I would hope) and in this case I seriously doubt it would influence many members of the public, <modsnip>.
:moo:

Catswhiskers, I completely agree with you on this point. Another poly wouldn't do anything to "clear" MR. LE may or may not be swayed, but <modsnip>.

It sometimes doesn't matter what they "can" do, what's more important in some cases is what they "will" do. I would hope that's not the case here, but if you're interested in learning more about it you should read the book The Bison King by Kenneth Miller. MOO

I've seen /read/ heard of many cases where LE lies to a suspect , but it seems almost all of them are one of the two following :

Suspect B already said you two did this crime and that you were the trigger man, etc.

OR

We have your dna/ fingerprints at the crime scene. How did they get there?

I've seen many varieties of that type of lie by LE to urge a confession. I'm sure there are others, but just wanted to point that out because I know we've all seen that sort.

Oops sorry Confusion, your post was in reference to a post about LE lying and I might have replied to wrong one :|

Yet the latest poster from Durango-La Plata Crimestoppers (and as promoted on the FMDR fb page) says different:

I can understand why people question this, even though it seems a small detail in the scheme of things. I've wondered myself how anyone would know whatever Dylan was wearing, given he wasn't seen up and about by anyone at all on that Monday. It's either an educated guess (based on the knowledge that it was nothing new for Dylan to sleep in his clothes and wear the same again the next day) or maybe he had packed so lightly for the trip that the options were known to be very limited. Or he was seen by someone else that we haven't been made aware of?
:moo:

Again. Originally it was reported that Dylan was wearing a black Nike t-shirt (probably came from one of the parents description). Later on that was changed to a black DC t-shirt (from the video of him wearing that t-shirt).
Crimestoppers poster never changed from original description. I am guessing they don't follow all news releases so just repeat the description originally given to them by one of the parents.
And I am postive he hasn't been seen by anyone we haven't been made aware of.

Just catching up, the shirt Dylan was wearing in photos had short sleeves, missing poster just says a black Nike t-shirt, but the news link say long black sleeves. So which one is it. If it is truly long sleeves comparing to the photo he changed shirts, if not and is the short sleeve shirt then someone is reporting wrong. Jmo is the news reporting wrong or someone else. Maybe it is to early with only one cup of coffee to figure this on out.

The news link didn't say long sleeves, it said short sleeves black DC-shirt.

Originally, LE (Bender) said they didn't know what clothing he was wearing.

See the news article in the 2nd post of Dylan's first thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191323"]CO - Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 Nov 2012 - #1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Here's the first poster LE put out from the La Plata Sheriff website

Release Date: Nov 20 2012 - 7:00am

http://co.laplata.co.us/sites/defau...nistration/documents/dylan_missing_poster.pdf

It is unknown what clothing he was wearing but may have been carrying a black Hurley backpack.

Here is a Nov article saying he was wearing a NIKE t-shirt. Then in December, the news release came out changing it to DC t-shirt.

"Dylan is 5 feet tall, weighs 105 pounds and has blond hair, blue eyes and fair complexion. He was last seen wearing a blue-and-white Duke Blue Devils baseball cap, black Nike T-shirt and black Jordan tennis shoes."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...lo-police-search-home-of-missing-boys-father/

OT - does anyone know if the "Found Safe, Missing Northridge Girl" forum has been closed down again?
I cannot locate it or access it.
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members