CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I respectfully have to disagree with the 'no need'. MR told the public on DP he failed his first poly or it was inconclusive. MR then followed with stating that there was a problem with the polygraph examiner (sorry not verbatim). Why would MR even mention the polygraph examiner problem if he wasn't concerned with the accuracy of the results? Truth or an excuse, either way this issue alone would be a logical reason to take the poly offered by DP. There was a need to correct the alleged problem with the original polygraph examiner.

In my opinion Mark should have never gone on the Dr Phil show in the first place. He would not have had to try to explain why LE told him that he failed a polygraph.

Why didn't Dr Phil explain to Mark that LE could have lied to him about the results? I think that the reason Dr Phil didn't is because it makes for better TV to have all of the drama of giving Mark a polygraph on his show.

I think that Mark made a least two mistakes in regard to the Dr Phil show. First one was agreeing to go on the show and the second one was agreeing to do the polygraph.

MOO.

IMO, MR appears to be a nice, naïve, honest guy. After reading back through everything I have googled about him, I have not found any out and out lies. He may not talk the same as other highly educated people, but it's obvious he wants to provide all the information he can to bring his son home.

I believe the Marshall's office is responsible for Bayfield proper (within the city/town limits). The Sheriff's office is responsible for areas of the county outside of any city limits - rural areas, unincorporated, etc. That's the way it is here, and other states I'm familiar with, and I'm guessing it is there too. MOO

Our sheriff's office has jurisdiction over the entire county, even within small towns' city limits. They can arrest someone, respond to reports of crimes inside the city, just the same as city police can. I have seen them respond to traffic accidents because they were the closest LEO to the scene. They always have several deputies working security during the fair every year, and they have been known to arrest people who were causing disturbances there. So, yes, they do have jurisdiction within city limits, not just outside them.

I think we, as websleuths, have gotten off track a little at times. But, I still think all of us, as an extremely knowledgeale group, have so much to contribute, and can still be very effective at brining Dylan home.

Our sheriff's office has jurisdiction over the entire county, even within small towns' city limits. They can arrest someone, respond to reports of crimes inside the city, just the same as city police can. I have seen them respond to traffic accidents because they were the closest LEO to the scene. They always have several deputies working security during the fair every year, and they have been known to arrest people who were causing disturbances there. So, yes, they do have jurisdiction within city limits, not just outside them.
I guess that the SO in the county that I live in could legally respond to crimes in the city but I don't see it happening. Both agency's have budget short falls so I don't see them taking on more work by servicing areas that they don't have to. MOO.

I would say there are many things about the whole family that we do not know because MR has been too gentlemanly to tell them.

He has said plenty of things about his ex wife. He may be many things, (imo) but a gentleman isn't one of them.

Redhead72

someone explained this many threads ago, but I'll never remember the poster, or find it now

best I can recall, is that the Sheriff is a one man dept, like a peace officer

office in public bldg, like a town hall?

not much help, but maybe that will help in your research

HTH

I don't think so. Maybe you meant the marshal's office was a one man dept., but the Sheriff's dept. covers the whole county of La Plata, and would have quite a few deputies working different shifts. There is only one sheriff in any county... but there are hundreds of deputies and other staff working under him/her.
It would be my guess that the marshal also has a few officers working under him as well. (They may be called deputies, IDK.) Our town is just over 2000 pop. and we have a chief of police as well as several full time officers and some part time, and a dispatcher.

TxLady... mixup already acknowledged, a couple posts below that one you quoted

In my opinion Mark should have never gone on the Dr Phil show in the first place. He would not have had to try to explain why LE told him that he failed a polygraph.

Why didn't Dr Phil explain to Mark that LE could have lied to him about the results? I think that the reason Dr Phil didn't is because it makes for better TV to have all of the drama of giving Mark a polygraph on his show.

I think that Mark made a least two mistakes in regard to the Dr Phil show. First one was agreeing to go on the show and the second one was agreeing to do the polygraph.

MOO.

I can understand why MR did do the show, I'm not certain it was the right choice. Where I am at now...What can MR do to undo the damage from the DP show? What could MR do to change the majority of opinions that he was involved? Don't get me wrong, MR doesn't have to do anything. I'm simply brainstorming here. Is there anything MR can do to change public perception to lead the investigation in a different direction?

Well, there was definitely a change from the January press release saying "MR reported Dylan missing" to the March press release saying "ER reported Dylan missing". I don't know if it matters or not, but there was definitely a change. That tells me that MR originally did claim to have reported Dylan missing. IMO MR must have told LE that he reported Dylan missing. But LE has since learned that that was wrong and corrected it in the latest LE press release. IMO it does show inconsistency on the part of MR.

I also wonder about the word "attempting" in attempting to learn if they had seen Dylan.

I agree that this LE press release does seem to put ER in a better light and also seems to be directed at refuting statements made by MR on Dr. Phil. If that's the case, that this latest LE press release seems more favorable to ER, maybe it's because the circumstances actually do put MR in a less-favorable position. I don't think it would be because the LE press release is fabricated and evidence of a conspiracy theory to make MR look bad. That would be quite a leap to make, IMO.

I can understand why MR did do the show, I'm not certain it was the right choice. Where I am at now...What can MR do to undo the damage from the DP show? What could MR do to change the majority of opinions that he was involved? Don't get me wrong, MR doesn't have to do anything. I'm simply brainstorming here. Is there anything MR can do to change public perception to lead the investigation in a different direction?

To be fair, I don't think he could do anything to change public perception, and I really don't think he should try. The public doesn't lead the investigation. As long as he is available to LE, then that's all that really matters. I hope if LE is only looking at MR, they have enough to warrant not looking at other possibilities.

I don't think that there's anything that Mark can do at this point that can change public perception about him. I'm not sure which direction the LE investigation is going but I hope it's towards finding Dylan and bringing to justice the person or persons responsible for his disappearance. If it is then there's no need for any change. MOO.

The Sheriff's office isn't a higher office. They are responsible for different areas. I lived in a town with 300 or so people in it many years ago, and all we had was the "town cop". If anything happened within the 8 or so blocks in town, he handled (or mishandled) it. If it happened across the tracks, across the highway, or past the gas stations on either side of town, the Sheriff's office handled it. If there was something he couldn't handle himself, he would invite the Sheriff's office to assist. Since the Vallecito reserve area isn't right in Bayfield, they would have to depend on the county LE, which is the Sheriff's office. MOO

Just using your list to kinda jump off of.

I live in a small town with other 4 other small towns by me. They each have their own police departments. However they are all also sheriffs. If something happens say in the next town over the police from my town can go over and do what needs to be done. We also have state patrol that comes through here from time to time and they are also sheriffs. With Vallecito being so small I wonder if that is how they are set up also. MOO

I would say there are many things about the whole family that we do not know because MR has been too gentlemanly to tell them.

I respectfully disagree. MR called ER out on national TV alleging she had a drinking problem and hung out with criminal types. In my opinion, that is not a gentleman. That is slinging mud. I am aware of the 'other' allegations made against MR, too. MR has engaged as well. It has not been completely one sided.

IMO... He went to the marshal's office in Bayfield because it was closer. They wouldn't take the report because it's not in their jurisdiction and they directed him to contact the sheriff's office which is in Durango. In the meantime, when he called Elaine to find out if she had heard from Dylan, she called the sheriff's office to report it. I don't recall whether he drove on to Durango to the SO or whether he just called, but either way, she had already called them to report it. They're not going to make two separate reports. It does not matter which parent he was with, anyone can report a missing person. The point is, he went to the wrong agency and before he could get to the right one, she beat him to the punch.
Simple logic, and JMO.

Gosh, that's not at all what MR said.

Well, there was definitely a change from the January press release saying "MR reported Dylan missing" to the March press release saying "ER reported Dylan missing". I don't know if it matters or not, but there was definitely a change. That tells me that MR originally did claim to have reported Dylan missing. IMO MR must have told LE that he reported Dylan missing. But LE has since learned that that was wrong and corrected it in the latest LE press release. IMO it does show inconsistency on the part of MR.

I also wonder about the word "attempting" in attempting to learn if they had seen Dylan.

I agree that this LE press release does seem to put ER in a better light and also seems to be directed at refuting statements made by MR on Dr. Phil. If that's the case, that this latest LE press release seems more favorable to ER, maybe it's because the circumstances actually do put MR in a less-favorable position. I don't think it would be because the LE press release is fabricated and evidence of a conspiracy theory to make MR look bad. That would be quite a leap to make, IMO.
BBM

It actually shows inconsistency's in LE press releases. You would think that by January LE would know who made the missing person report. Does this mean that LE believes that both Mark and Elaine told LE that Dylan was missing? MOO.

BBM

It actually shows inconsistency's in LE press releases. You would think that by January LE would know who made the missing person report. Does this mean that LE believes that both Mark and Elaine told LE that Dylan was missing? MOO.

I don't think it means the bolded because they would have written exactly those words in the press release. I think it means they took MR's word for it back in January and that they have since learned this is incorrect. I do agree that LE should have known this back in January. JMO

Has the paternity question ever been raised? I think MR is DR's biological father. If that was not true, an entirely different spectrum of motives, attitudes, and possibilities would enter into the equation. Has the possibility every been discussed? Once again, I think MR is the biological father. But then again, sometimes the obvious eludes me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx