CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayfield is a town. And the Marshall's office is their LE bureau and only serves the town of Bayfield. IIRC population around 1600. Zip code is irrelevant to LE jurisdictions. Vallecito is classified as a "populated place" and falls in the LE jurisdiction of the La Plata Sheriff.

thank you, is there a link to that information? I've not found anything that says that.

Okay - I'm gonna open this back up, but here is the deal: If I have to remove one of your posts - you will get an automatic 3 day timeout, this includes quoting and responding to a post that violates the rules. I'm not going to ask questions or try to snip out the offending part - I'm just going to put the poster on TO.

To refresh your memories, here are some tips:

Just bumping this..... if you need to see the tips, go back to the original post.

Thanks,

Salem

nope Cheese, hadn't had a chance yet

and didn't realize there were transcripts posted for DrP (my bad)

tx

They're TxJan's wonderful transcripts she kindly did for us. She posted links to them in the Media thread.

BBM - Are we (in general) absolutely positive that this is the way the department operates in Bayfield? Or, do the calls get routed directly to the Sheriff's Office after the Marshal's office closes?

AZGrandma, if you see this - are you familiar with whether or not there is always a dispatcher at the Marshal's Office, and whether or not the Bayfield Marshals are always on patrol?

In such a small town, on a limited budget, I believe it could be possible that all calls would be routed to the Sheriff's office (particularly in the off-season). I don't think we can take our individual experiences in regard to how our local police department works and necessarily apply that to the procedures in Bayfield.

If someone has already provided the information that proves someone is always available to speak with at the office, even after it is closed, then if someone could help me out with a link to the website, or post, etc... it would be much appreciated.

The way I'm seeing it is this... If the Bayfield Marshal's office always has a dispatcher and patrol officers standing by, then why would ER have to have called the Sheriff's office in the first place?

Should not the missing person's report be filed with the Marshals office instead of going to a higher office?

The Sheriff's office isn't a higher office. They are responsible for different areas. I lived in a town with 300 or so people in it many years ago, and all we had was the "town cop". If anything happened within the 8 or so blocks in town, he handled (or mishandled) it. If it happened across the tracks, across the highway, or past the gas stations on either side of town, the Sheriff's office handled it. If there was something he couldn't handle himself, he would invite the Sheriff's office to assist. Since the Vallecito reserve area isn't right in Bayfield, they would have to depend on the county LE, which is the Sheriff's office. MOO

I volunteer to be the guinea pig. I will call Bayfield SO tomorrow and ask the jurisdiction question and this question for us all. I can do that. If it will answer all our questions it seems like the best bet we all have. Is that allowed?

Do you mean the Bayfield Marshall's office? If so, would you mind asking them, if after they close at 3, if someone came by and they were closed, if they call, do they send a car out so an officer can meet with them?

Thanks, Emma. Hope I'm not imposing. :blushing:

They're TxJan's wonderful transcripts she kindly did for us. She posted links to them in the Media thread.

and I knew TxJan did them...

so can you tell how my day's going...

lol

I don't know how to get the attachments to show up here, but if you go to these 2 posts, they have the transcript documents for Dr Phil

Attached is the FULL TRANSCRIPT in its entirety for Day 1 of the Dr. Phil Show: Find Missing Dylan Redwine

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Attached is the FULL TRANSCRIPT in its entirety for Day 2 of the Dr. Phil Show: Find Missing Dylan Redwine: Polygraph Drama

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Sheriff's office isn't a higher office. They are responsible for different areas. I lived in a town with 300 or so people in it many years ago, and all we had was the "town cop". If anything happened within the 8 or so blocks in town, he handled (or mishandled) it. If it happened across the tracks, across the highway, or past the gas stations on either side of town, the Sheriff's office handled it. If there was something he couldn't handle himself, he would invite the Sheriff's office to assist. Since the Vallecito reserve area isn't right in Bayfield, they would have to depend on the county LE, which is the Sheriff's office. MOO

I tried to lay down and couldn't fall asleep... :(

BBM

The La Plata County Sheriff's Department is a higher office than the municipal police department in Bayfield (aka the Bayfield Marshals Office). The LPCSO has jurisdiction over the entire County, whereas the Bayfield Marshall's Office only has limited jurisdiction within Bayfield itself.

A County Sheriff has more authority than any other law enforcement official within their jurisdiction - at least in CO they do. All County Sheriffs have more authority than even the FBI, or other Federal Agencies who are operating within their county.

Who handles which calls depending upon the location of a report is secondary, sometimes the County will also have things set up that if it deals with a certain type of crime it will automatically go to the County Sheriff vs. the local police. It's a fact that a Sheriff has more authority than a Marshal in a municipality within their jurisdiction within CO state.

A Marshall within Colorado is a local elected municipal official.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshal#State_and_local_marshals
In Colorado, cities, towns and villages decide whether to appoint or elect a Marshal, or have the board/council/city manager hire a Chief of Police as the top criminal law enforcement for their jurisdiction. Marshals are elected by the trustees to serve a fixed term, and chiefs of police can be fired at will by whomever hired them, just like any other employee.

ETA: Also worth mentioning is that in Colorado there is a State Patrol quasi-military organization. La Plata County is situated in District 5 of the CO State Patrol. The State Patrol within CO has specialized duties and units as well. The CO State Patrol is primarily charged with Highway Safety, although there are specialized units to deal with Hazardous Materials Transport, as well as Executive Security (bodyguards for the Governor, Lt. Governor, and other state officials). Please see the following page for more info. regarding the CO State Patrol for Dist. 5:
http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/StatePatrol-Main/CBON/1251594461872

Speaking of different LE agencies: My mother had to call the police once. She called the PD for our city, they said not our jurisdiction, call the county PD, she called the county PD, they said not our jurisdiction, called the County Sheriffs, so she calls the closest county sheriffs, they said not our jurisdiction, call this other county sheriffs number (that was further away from our house.) I remember my mother screaming into the phone that it was a good thing she wasn't being murdered by an axe murder because by the time she got the right police agency, she'd be dead. LOL This was all before the 911 system.

Note -

In regard to the Bayfield Marshals Office they do have a 24-hour-dispatch call number for after hours, non-911 calls. However, as I suspected it is not the Bayfield Marshals Office that handles these calls after hours, it is the LPCSO.

The phone number for the Bayfield Marshals Office 24-hour-dispatch line is: 970-385-2900
This is the number listed on the Bayfield Marshals' Webpage which can be found here:
http://www.bayfieldgov.org/services/marshals.asp

A reverse phone lookup on this number indicates that it belongs to the La Plata County Sheriff's Office and the location of said number is in Durango, CO.

ETA:
Seeing as we now know that after 3 pm, all calls are routed to the LPCSO, what time did MR speak to someone at the Marshals' Office? If the MO was closed, he would have had to speak with a County Sheriff, and as we know, he did not speak to the SO, ER did. So we are back again to the question of who did MR "contact" and when did that contact take place. If MR woke up at 2:30 and drove around looking for DR before going to the Marshals Office as he claims, then who did he speak with, if not the LPCSO??? The timeline, and MR's statements get curiouser and curiouser. Did MR perhaps call the MO office, and get an answering machine directing him to call the Sheriff's Office number, or 911?

I know what you mean. :)

Dylan has really touched many of our lives, hasn't he?

He sure has... Tonight for me it's a mixture of wondering where he is, and trying to figure out answers to all the little questions I have. Combined with a personal situation dealing with my 21yo 7 1/2 mo. pregnant daughter with whom I have to employ a bit of tough love on, and it's really ripping me apart. I know it's nowhere near the same as what ER and Dylan's other family members are going through, but it sure feels like I'm losing my daughter right now, and that makes me hurt for ER that much more... At least I know where she is, even if I have to step back from her for a while... The love we have for our children is more powerful than anything in the world it seems. At least for those of us parents who truly are capable of loving... It's hard for me to realize in reading all of the cases here at WS, that not all parents are like that...

The second poly was mentioned in the show. Several times.

In the uncut part that did not air? Can you tell us what exactly was said / asked and what MR's reaction was to that ?
And MODS I can't remember if we can talk about the unaired part of Phil show if AzGrand saw it and heard it and says it is so . I think it's ok , but just in case it's not, delete me :(

OT slightly. I wanted to share this. I watched the IMPOSTER finally the other day. Soooo good and a must see for sleuthers, if you have not already. I won't give away spoilers.
During the show LE wanted to poly someone, so they did . This person PASSED. LE scratches their heads and says this can't be so they give another poly. This person PASSED again, twice now . Again LE is not satisfied so they give a 3rd poly. IDK why this person agreed to a 2nd or a 3rd, but they did. Third poly they FAIL miserably. So to me, I'm thinking WTH ? They can keep giving poly's until you fail? That seems ridiculous and what have they really gained with this info ? In my mind I'm still thinking they PASSED 2/ 3 of the time, so is that an overall fail? or an overall pass? It was weird and really got me thinking. First I'm very glad they're not admissible in court. Second, how can LE then rely only on that 3rd test and say this person failed? Of course I immediately thought of MR's poly and his results or lack thereof. I don't know. It was interesting and thought provoking at least and I thought I'd share it. I didnt' have a ton of faith in them anyway because I think lots of things can be factors in the test and the results. But after seeing that it seemed to put LDT's in an even more murky light in my opinion.

Note -

In regard to the Bayfield Marshals Office they do have a 24-hour-dispatch call number for after hours, non-911 calls. However, as I suspected it is not the Bayfield Marshals Office that handles these calls after hours, it is the LPCSO.

The phone number for the Bayfield Marshals Office 24-hour-dispatch line is: 970-385-2900
This is the number listed on the Bayfield Marshals' Webpage which can be found here:
http://www.bayfieldgov.org/services/marshals.asp

A reverse phone lookup on this number indicates that it belongs to the La Plata County Sheriff's Office and the location of said number is in Durango, CO.

ETA:
Seeing as we now know that after 3 pm, all calls are routed to the LPCSO, what time did MR speak to someone at the Marshals' Office? If the MO was closed, he would have had to speak with a County Sheriff, and as we know, he did not speak to the SO, ER did. So we are back again to the question of who did MR "contact" and when did that contact take place. If MR woke up at 2:30 and drove around looking for DR before going to the Marshals Office as he claims, then who did he speak with, if not the LPCSO??? The timeline, and MR's statements get curiouser and curiouser. Did MR perhaps call the MO office, and get an answering machine directing him to call the Sheriff's Office number, or 911?

BBM in blue

We don't "know" that "all" calls are routed to LPCSO. Right in your post, your quote says only non-emergency calls are routed to LPCSO. :facepalm:

He more probably just hit 911. My opinion.

Do you mean the Bayfield Marshall's office? If so, would you mind asking them, if after they close at 3, if someone came by and they were closed, if they call, do they send a car out so an officer can meet with them?

Thanks, Emma. Hope I'm not imposing. :blushing:

The Town Marshal performs responsible police management work directing all activities and employees of the Bayfield Marshal’s Office. Plans, directs and controls patrol, traffic, criminal investigations, municipal court security, animal control, and code enforcement. Supervises the training, and assignment, of the department members including six (6) sworn officers and one (1) administrative assistant

http://www.bayfieldgov.org/services/documents/MarshalAd.pdf

Im thinking the local offices in the building close not the Marshalls office.
One of our sheriff offices here is attached to our admin building and those offices close at 4 its the tax office DMV and social services. But you can always go into the Sheriffs office they have their own entrance.

Nothing in this case makes any sense.
Cell Activity stops
MR does errands comes home and finds his son gone and shrugs it off.
MR takes a nap.
MR asks if Marshalls have seen dylan.
Sends text to Elaine asking if she has heard from dylan.
Elaine who is hours away reports dylan missing.
MR says a fishing pole is missing.
MR fails a poly!

Something is wrong with this picture.
Too many pieces are missing.

I think if a stranger took him there would have been some clues or evidence found and I also think dylan would have been found by now.

IMO Most missing persons that were last to be seen by loved ones are never found.

All JMO

OT slightly. I wanted to share this. I watched the IMPOSTER finally the other day. Soooo good and a must see for sleuthers, if you have not already. I won't give away spoilers.
During the show LE wanted to poly someone, so they did . This person PASSED. LE scratches their heads and says this can't be so they give another poly. This person PASSED again, twice now . Again LE is not satisfied so they give a 3rd poly. IDK why this person agreed to a 2nd or a 3rd, but they did. Third poly they FAIL miserably. So to me, I'm thinking WTH ? They can keep giving poly's until you fail? That seems ridiculous and what have they really gained with this info ? In my mind I'm still thinking they PASSED 2/ 3 of the time, so is that an overall fail? or an overall pass? It was weird and really got me thinking. First I'm very glad they're not admissible in court. Second, how can LE then rely only on that 3rd test and say this person failed? Of course I immediately thought of MR's poly and his results or lack thereof. I don't know. It was interesting and thought provoking at least and I thought I'd share it. I didnt' have a ton of faith in them anyway because I think lots of things can be factors in the test and the results. But after seeing that it seemed to put LDT's in an even more murky light in my opinion.

I watched it too the other day. What a story. If it was a work of fiction I'd probably say it was too far fetched to be believable!

BBM in blue

We don't "know" that "all" calls are routed to LPCSO. Right in your post, your quote says only non-emergency calls are routed to LPCSO. :facepalm:

He more probably just hit 911
. My opinion.

I don't think he hit 911. The SO made it sound as if he just asked them to keep an eye out for Dylan, not that he reported him missing. Heck, even after Dylan was well and truly missing, he told a reporter that his ex wife was "making more out of this than it needs to be." :what:

It is my opinion based on the above, that MR did NOT call 911. (but I respect your right to yours!) :seeya:

Nothing in this case makes any sense.
Cell Activity stops
MR does errands comes home and finds his son gone and shrugs it off.
MR takes a nap.
MR asks if Marshalls have seen dylan.
Sends text to Elaine asking if she has heard from dylan.
Elaine who is hours away reports dylan missing.
MR says a fishing pole is missing.
MR fails a poly!

Something is wrong with this picture.
Too many pieces are missing.

I think if a stranger took him there would have been some clues or evidence found and I also think dylan would have been found by now.

IMO Most missing persons that were last to be seen by loved ones are never found.

All JMO

BBM

I don't think a stranger took Dylan, but it's possible, although not as likely as some other scenarios. I think it's one of the more likely scenarios though that it was a family abduction or non-family non-stranger abduction, perhaps in a misguided attempt to "help" or "save" Dylan.

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member