CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he answered questions with direct answers such as you state above and when asked specifically what the Thanksgiving plans were and he firmly stated that they were going out to dinner for Thanksgiving then to a movie (and nothing else) I would find him much more believable.

My personal experience with liars is when they are telling the truth they give a simple firm answer like yes or no, but when they are lying they tend to give you a word salad...way too much information in much greater detail than is necessary and often times they change the subject and ramble on about something totally irrelevant. This has been my personal experience while dealing with those not be truthful so this is just MOO.

So you would feel someone who answered with word salad was more likely to be a liar than someone who answered questions with the same story over and over as if memorized?

BBM

If Mark truly didn't have any set plans for Thanksgiving why would him lying about it and saying that he did have plans make him more believable?

I don't get it.

Huh?

I was using this as an example IF this was indeed their plans. :facepalm:

So you would feel someone who answered with word salad was more likely to be a liar than someone who answered questions with the same story over and over as if memorized?

I'm not sure where the 'memorized' part is coming from because I did not talk about that, but in my personal experience those who answer questions with a word salad and try to change the subject and go into much greater detail than necessary are indeed more likely to be lying than those who answer questions with direct truthful answers. MOO

You asked, and I was kind enough to give an answer and I'm done discussing it because now you are going to try to pick my answer apart and play word games with what I said. I won't play along thanks :)

Huh?

I was using this as an example IF this was indeed their plans. :facepalm:

Is that what you were trying to do? Sorry.

But the fact is if he didn't have any set plans for Thanksgiving his explanation, while rambling, seems believable to me. Maybe we need a better example of something that Mark said that could have been simplified. MOO.

I'm not sure where the 'memorized' part is coming from because I did not talk about that, but in my personal experience those who answer questions with a word salad and try to change the subject and go into much greater detail than necessary are indeed more likely to be lying than those who answer questions with direct truthful answers. MOO

You asked, and I was kind enough to give an answer and I'm done discussing it because now you are going to try to pick my answer apart and play word games with what I said. I won't play along thanks :)

I honestly wasn't trying to play word games. I was trying to understand how someone who uses "word salad" is more believable than someone who repeats the same script over and over.

It's all good. We will agree to disagree. :seeya:

Is that what you were trying to do? Sorry.

But the fact is if he didn't have any set plans for Thanksgiving his explanation, while rambling, seems believable to me. Maybe we need a better example of something that Mark said that could have been simplified. MOO.

Why wouldn't a truthful person just reply with 'we didn't have any plans'? Simple. That's what I would have said.

Why wouldn't a truthful person just reply with 'we didn't have any plans'? Simple. That's what I would have said.

Because most people would want to know why you didn't have plans for an important holiday like Thanksgiving. Leaving things hanging would seen a bit odd to me. MOO.

People who don't make plans, make options. Talking about those options could be truthful. Everyone is different, thankfully.

But there were different options. If he said, "We didn't have any plans," I would think the reporter (much like people here) would say, "Really? It was Thanksgiving. You didn't have ANY plans?" At that point is it ok for the word salad to begin where he talks about the different options? Going to his brothers or just staying home? Or should he have said, "Nope, no plans."

The truth dosent change!

jmo

Because most people would want to know why you didn't have plans for an important holiday like Thanksgiving. Leaving things hanging would seen a bit odd to me. MOO.

I'm not one to embellish the truth to satisfy anyone's curiosity. I'm much more for just telling the truth. If I had no plans I would simply say so and couldn't care less what anyone else thought. I guess people are different and some people would lie to impress people. I don't get that, but hey that's just me I guess.

People who don't make plans, make options. Talking about those options could be truthful. Everyone is different, thankfully.

Exactly. Mark discussed the different options that he and Dylan could have used on Thanksgiving. I see nothing strange about that. MOO.

But there were different options. If he said, "We didn't have any plans," I would think the reporter (much like people here) would say, "Really? It was Thanksgiving. You didn't have ANY plans?" At that point is it ok for the word salad to begin where he talks about the different options? Going to his brothers or just staying home? Or should he have said, "Nope, no plans."

If he didn't have firm plans and was thinking of going here or there he should have just said so. The answer he gave about Thanksgiving really didn't throw up any red flags to me.

The truth dosent change!

jmo

No, it doesn't change, but it can be expounded on.

What did I do today?

I went to my son's baseball games, then to Walmart and then home.

I went to my son's double header and then we came home and ate lunch. I then went to Walmart, and then came home.

I went to my son's double header in L_____, Texas where his team lost both games. We came home, then we all went to Chilis to eat lunch. I went to Walmart to get brats and some charcoal. I came home and realized I forgot to get lightbulbs and had to go back.

No, it doesn't change, but it can be expounded on.

What did I do today?

I went to my son's baseball games, then to Walmart and then home.

I went to my son's double header and then we came home and ate lunch. I then went to Walmart, and then came home.

I went to my son's double header in L_____, Texas where his team lost both games. We came home, then we all went to Chilis to eat lunch. I went to Walmart to get brats and some charcoal. I came home and realized I forgot to get lightbulbs and had to go back.

Excellent example! I agree.

Excellent example! I agree.

This was actually my day. When my sister calls me (as she does at least 2 times a day) and asks, "What did you do today?" The first part is what I would say.

Now if it turns out that while I was doing those things, I was being accused of harming someone, the rest of the story may come out in bits and pieces.

guilty...lol of mentioning the dreaded word salad

stirred up a number of posts anyway

and kept Dylan's thread bumped up..

:seeya:

What did throw up red flags to me was the going to the Marshal's office (just one example). The problem I have with those stories is first, the story changed from going there in person to calling to attempting to contact them. Which was it, because those are all very distinct and different answers and it is important. And then came the word salad where he starts talking about things totally irrelevant. I believe many others upstream have given the definition of 'word salad' so I won't go into detail. Not every thing MR has said is a red flag for me personally but when he does go off on a word salad he really goes off IMO and it's a very well tossed and tasty salad indeed. The whole DP polygraph fiasco was nothing but word salad IMO and honestly IMO just flat out bizarre behavior!! I could go on...but we have already discussed all of this in great length and in the end I think many are not going to agree on anything when it comes to MR and we will just have to agree to disagree once again.

What did throw up red flags to me was the going to the Marshal's office (just one example). The problem I have with those stories is first, the story changed from going there in person to calling to attempting to contact them. Which was it, because those are all very distinct and different answers and it is important. And then came the word salad where he starts talking about things totally irrelevant. I believe many others upstream have given the definition of 'word salad' so I won't go into detail. Not every thing MR has said is a red flag for me personally but when he does go off on a word salad he really goes off IMO and it's a very well tossed and tasty salad indeed. The whole DP polygraph fiasco was nothing but word salad IMO and honestly IMO just flat out bizarre behavior!! I could go on...but we have already discussed all of this in great length and in the end I think many are not going to agree on anything when it comes to MR and we will just have to agree to disagree once again.

I agree 100% that the polygraph situation was bungled in the worst way. I think it's ok to disagree. As Kate said a minute ago, it keeps the thread alive. I don't hold any ill will towards those that think MR is guilty. There's nothing wrong with that at all. But for me personally, I want more proof and I don't want to be made into an idiot for wanting that proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne