CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how it looks to me they do it in Bayfield/Durango/La Plata. So if I'm working dispatch, and you call me because you have a kitchen fire in Bayfield, I send you the appropriate fire company, but I don't notify the La Plata Sheriff (or Animal Control etc). I just dispatch the agency for your need in your area. There's no need for me to notify any other agency.

I do imagine they record all the calls though and have a record if they're needed later. At least the 911 emergency calls.

:twocents:

Well here in my neck of the woods Fire and police go hand in hand wherever one goes so does the other.

I'm sorry for being dumb, but when ya'll talk about Mr arriving at the MO, finding it closed and calling a number--would this number go through the "sheriff's office" when you say LPSCO or whatever initials it is--does that mean the Sheriff's? Because MR says in his MB interview "apparently the sheriff had no idea". I know you have all done so much hard work unpacking jurisdictions and after-hour procedures etc. But I was still wondering.

Also, I'm not sure the term "the lake" is just local speak. I left a comment under that post asking for clarification and it got deleted. I just asked "You say Dylan went missing from the lake. Does that mean vallecito in general or is there new evidence?" Pfffft gone.
Then I asked some other folks directly through pm and got no answer. It seems weird to me. JMO!

Well to me I think the locals believe he is in this lake since the dogs hit there and I dont think this can move forward till they find out who it is exactly that is in that lake. Yes he went missing from the lake area but I d believe they mean the lake. I think the dogs hitting there and the fishing pole all point there! JMO

Elaine said Mark was very upset when she moved to CS and wanted to put Dylan in school and I’d like to know how she knew he was upset.

Elaine said whenever Mark spoke to her he criticized her parenting skills and Mark criticized Elaine’s parenting skills several times when he appeared on DP.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

That's how it looks to me they do it in Bayfield/Durango/La Plata. So if I'm working dispatch, and you call me because you have a kitchen fire in Bayfield, I send you the appropriate fire company, but I don't notify the La Plata Sheriff (or Animal Control etc). I just dispatch the agency for your need in your area. There's no need for me to notify any other agency.

I do imagine they record all the calls though and have a record if they're needed later. At least the 911 emergency calls.

There is usually a non-emergency number you can call anytime, but after hours it is routed to the dispatcher who will send an officer to meet you at the office or come to your location. Thing is, some people may not know they're talking to a dispatcher if they call the non-emergency number. If they didn't go through the 911 system, they may think they're talking to someone in that office.

A few years ago we had an emergency situation here, and while I was on the line with the 911 operator, I was also talking to the ambulance personnel and at one point, someone with the sheriff's dept. at the same time. My son works for the SD, so they were contacting him to meet us at the hospital. Three different departments were all involved in that one call.

Remember MR said WE picked him up. did someone else drive?
The We still bothers me!

Jumping off your post. I've wondered about this for some time. That some other person was with MR and some other vehicle may have been driven. The "we".

:what::moo::twocents:

Well here in my neck of the woods Fire and police go hand in hand wherever one goes so does the other.

Yes, in traffic accidents or medical emergencies or a fire. But not for simple police matters, like a break-in, or a missing child, they wouldn't send a fire truck.

Elaine said Mark was very upset when she moved to CS and wanted to put Dylan in school and I’d like to know how she knew he was upset.

Elaine said whenever Mark spoke to her he criticized her parenting skills and Mark criticized Elaine’s parenting skills several times when he appeared on DP.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1211/28/ng.01.html

Im sure thru their Lawyers since they have not spoken to each other in 3 yrs.

I think these attacks on her are just to make him look better it just seem defensive to me.

Id like to know how much time he really spent with Dylan over the years and if Moving really took time away from him or if her moving made him step up and see his son more since it was ruled over by the courts.

Yes, in traffic accidents or medical emergencies or a fire. But not for simple police matters, like a break-in, or a missing child, they wouldn't send a fire truck.

Not so sure, Ill have to ask my neighbor I just thought that was how it was done.

Jumping off your post. I've wondered about this for some time. That some other person was with MR and some other vehicle may have been driven. The "we".

:what::moo::twocents:

And it could also be the reason LE knows Dylan arrived at the house.
Someone else was there. Drove them home.

We discussed this when the last press release came out - the difference between Learned and Confirmed. From the press release dated 3/19/2013:

Investigators learned that Mark met Dylan at the Durango-La Plata County Airport at about 5:45 PM Sunday, November 18th. Investigators confirmed that Dylan arrived at Mark’s home on Sunday at about 8:00 PM after stops at Wal-Mart and McDonald’s in Durango.

I really believe there is no record of MR picking up Dylan at the airport - nothing that would move this from Learned to Confirmed. I think that rules out video of MR and Dylan driving away from the airport together. I think it leaves room for an unknown third person to be involved - either picking him up without MR or accompanying MR to pick him up. I believe that just speculation though, as there is no reported evidence that happened.

Interesting speculation though, that coud explain a lot of things.

Snip~

? Could be from words that were exchanged during that court hearing, when the judge approved the move...

We discussed this when the last press release came out - the difference between Learned and Confirmed. From the press release dated 3/19/2013:

I really believe there is no record of MR picking up Dylan at the airport - nothing that would move this from Learned to Confirmed. I think that rules out video of MR and Dylan driving away from the airport together. I think it leaves room for an unknown third person to be involved - either picking him up without MR or accompanying MR to pick him up. I believe that just speculation though, as there is no reported evidence that happened.

Interesting speculation though, that coud explain a lot of things.

I agree Im really starting to think someone else drove but heres the thing there are so many cameras at airports they have to know what car Dylan came and went in there is no way they dont have him on film.
I find it hard to believe he would say we picked him up when it was I picked him up.
Its possible MR never got out of the truck and dylan just walked out ot he curb and hopped in, there has to be text messaged to confirm that like hey Dyl ill met you at the curb.
If there was another person LE has to know who that was.
This could also be one of the things on the poly that got him in trouble.

ALL JMO

Snip~

? Could be from words that were exchanged during that court hearing, when the judge approved the move...

Oh yea thanks forgot about that!
I have to tell ya Id be worn down from years of that back and forth.

Im just sayin!

Whre LE goes fire goes
Where fire goes LE goes.

Not so sure, Ill have to ask my neighbor I just thought that was how it was done.

Trying to understand what you're saying, Eileen. Are you saying that if MR called LE from the Bayfield Marshall's office about not being able to find Dylan, that the dispatcher would have sent both a patrol car and fire trucks? Because that's how it's done in your neighborhood?

Do you live in La Plata county? (Not trying to get personal. Just trying to figure this out.)

Thanks for any clarification.

Trying to understand what you're saying, Eileen. Are you saying that if MR called LE from the Bayfield Marshall's office about not being able to find Dylan, that the dispatcher would have sent both a patrol car and fire trucks? Because that's how it's done in your neighborhood?

Do you live in La Plata county? (Not trying to get personal. Just trying to figure this out.)

Thanks for any clarification.

I was justt adding MY :twocents: to who responds to a 911 calls
Just fugghedaboudit as we say in Jersey! Its really not worth all the back and forth anyway. Its moot. He never reported Dylan missing. So we do know it was not a 911 call. It was more like a Hey have you guys seen my son on your travels today it seems i have LOST him.

I do think MR said he lost him somwhere in there and this is why Elaine keeps saying YOU LOST HIM!

And NO they would not send LE and fire cause HE was NOT home.

If MR was home and called 911 and said his son was missing I think they all would have responded.

JMO

Where I live when you call 911, the fire department's paramedics are dispatched if there is a case of injury or possible injury; otherwise just the police are dispatched, unless you are reporting a fire or a car accident where there could be a fire. So depending on what you are reporting, you could get just police, police and the paramedics, or police, paramedics and a fire truck. But they won't send someone who isn't needed. Budget constraints... every time a fire truck is sent out it costs money, and my area is operating under big time budget constraints.

There is usually a non-emergency number you can call anytime, but after hours it is routed to the dispatcher who will send an officer to meet you at the office or come to your location. Thing is, some people may not know they're talking to a dispatcher if they call the non-emergency number. If they didn't go through the 911 system, they may think they're talking to someone in that office.

A few years ago we had an emergency situation here, and while I was on the line with the 911 operator, I was also talking to the ambulance personnel and at one point, someone with the sheriff's dept. at the same time. My son works for the SD, so they were contacting him to meet us at the hospital. Three different departments were all involved in that one call.

Oh you're right. I've had that happen myself. So if MR called the Bayfield Marshall's office (non-emergency or 911), when it was routed to the Durango/La Plata call center, they may have patched his call through to both the Bayfield Marshall's and the La Plata County Sheriff's, and he could have talked to one and then the other, both in the same call. Makes sense.

I hope at some point LE tells us whether or not he called, or if there was an LE there at the Marshalls office, and if he did call, who all it was routed to.

I was justt adding MY :twocents: to who responds to a 911 calls
Just fugghedaboudit as we say in Jersey! Its really not worth all the back and forth anyway. Its moot. He never reported Dylan missing. So we do know it was not a 911 call. It was more like a Hey have you guys seen my son on your travels today it seems i have LOST him.

I do think MR said he lost him somwhere in there and this is why Elaine keeps saying YOU LOST HIM!

And NO they would not send LE and fire cause HE was NOT home.

If MR was home and called 911 and said his son was missing I think they all would have responded.

JMO

Okay thanks for clarifying what you meant, Eileen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member