CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #49

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have it right that two separate sets of cadaver dogs hit on that lake in approx. the same area? That and the Mom feels strongly that the lake needs to be searched again?
That's enough for me. KEEP SEARCHING THE LAKE. Dogs and Moms combined are usually never wrong. (But praying they are....)

I can understand why LE would not publicly comment on Elaine's feelings about the lake, but how can LE not comment on the multiple HRD dog alerts other than saying silly things like "it could have been a deer, elk or brush"?

I think that LE needs to address that issue in a manner that makes sense in order for people to understand why they feel that more evidence is needed before they revisit a lake search. MOO.

My favorite (sarcasm, here) parts of the article:
BBM: "After a search lasting less than two days, a man’s body was found at Lake Mead by a group of divers who were turned away by the National Park Service last year when they volunteered to look for a missing serviceman from Creech Air Force Base."

And
BBM: "In response to Schafer’s criticism, Vanover told the Review-Journal that park personnel had all the help they needed during the initial search for Tucker. She also said that using outside groups for often dangerous recovery and dive operations is a safety and liability issue for the park."

Because good deeds are not allowed since liability issues are more important than finding and laying missing people to rest.

What HAS become of our country?

Besides the obvious parallels, that is why this story caught my eye. Volunteer search group ready to go and thwarted by unexpected obstacles. Law enforcement claiming they were well equipped and yet FAILED to do the job adequately. I can tell you that local LE (LVMPD and local FBI) do NOT have ROVs to search or skilled dive teams at the ready. In other searches, local dive shops and divers are the ones volunteering. And so this family waited almost a year for a resolution which could have and should have been provided shortly after the event. I hope this is not what has happened in Dylan's case.

You know, I am thinking things like this right now. If LE has ruled out the lake, I would love to know why they ruled it out, and ask them how much certainty they have that Dylan is not in there. Since I can't ask them, I was hoping maybe someone here could try to find plausible explanations as to why they would have ruled it out. Anyone?
IMO, they have not ruled it out, they have ruled it out ENOUGH for what they are capable or willing to do. They made a good faith effort to look, they do or did not have the resources/funding to do any more intense investigation at the time, and figure if it is important enough to the family, the family will raise the funds to check the lake again. If it wasn't important enough to the family, it's a done deal anyway.

LE has limited resources. They just do.

I don't believe knows anything and is simply keeping quiet. They may have their suspicions, but that is a far cry from having any idea where Dylan might be. If they knew, they would be actively searching a specific area.

I agree that Dylan and Mark most likely talked about and very possibly argued about custodial issues, perhaps about where he preferred to live and his private meeting with the judge. There are other issues that have come to light that might also have spurred heated argument, that we are not allowed to discuss here.

Would really appreciate your elaborating on the bolded portion above. What specific portion of the texts do you think might not have actually been by Dylan? If you think they might not have been from Dylan, then why would someone else be so adamant - like you better be there to let me in (paraphrasing)? Just curious, thanks!

Has Mark ever revealed how he felt when Dylan moved to CS and Elaine was awarded primary custody of Dylan? I'd appreciate knowing if he has.

I forgot to mention that after Elaine and Dylan moved to CS in July 2012 Mark took Dylan on a dream vacation to Boston in August before Dylan flew from CS to visit his father on the Labor Day weekend. On Sept 21st, 2012 Mark no longer had custody of Dylan and the Judge ruled that Dylan would permanently reside in CS with his mother and visit Mark on predetermined holidays. In mid-November Dylan went to celebrate Thanksgiving with Mark so Mark had 3 consecutive visits with Dylan in four months.

When Dylan and Ryan were texting at 8:01 pm Sunday evening, Dylan was sitting next to his father in the truck and they were close to Mark's house because Mark said they arrived shortly after 8 pm. Although Dylan didn’t tell Ryan his father agreed to drive him, he is adamant/positive he will get up and get there, “You better let me in, I’ll call you all day if you don’t”.

Ryan texted Dylan at 9:27 pm and told him to call when he arrived but Dylan didn't reply to that text but 10 minutes later LE confirmed the last text sent from Dylan’s phone was at 9:37 pm. TMK, Ryan was the only person Dylan was texting on Sunday besides his mother.

http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20121215/NEWS01/121219687/A-boy’s-life--

I don't believe knows anything and is simply keeping quiet. They may have their suspicions, but that is a far cry from having any idea where Dylan might be. If they knew, they would be actively searching a specific area.

Perhaps they have a very good idea what happened to Dylan and are gathering the necessary pieces of evidence (and maybe even testimonies/interviews) to insure a conviction. I'm thinking of another case where a child was missing and it seemed like LE wasn't doing much and all was quiet...until suddenly an arrest, and disclosure of lot's of evidence not known to the public. Logically, I'm concluding this is similar. That said, if I were the Mom, I'd follow my gut and do whatever I needed to do to know I'd left no stone unturned. My prayers go with her.

Perhaps they have a very good idea what happened to Dylan and are gathering the necessary pieces of evidence (and maybe even testimonies/interviews) to insure a conviction. I'm thinking of another case where a child was missing and it seemed like LE wasn't doing much and all was quiet...until suddenly an arrest, and disclosure of lot's of evidence not known to the public. Logically, I'm concluding this is similar. That said, if I were the Mom, I'd follow my gut and do whatever I needed to do to know I'd left no stone unturned. My prayers go with her.

BBM, very valid point. I'll say this if they do not search the lake again, they had BETTER know where he is. Otherwise it's just outright negligent and his family has every right to be upset with that. If you don't have the funding for it, say so , instead of act like the lake is not a big deal.

Spring has sprung and I imagine Dylans' friends getting excited to be out in the warm sun playing around this summer. I hope he is with them.

BBM, very valid point. I'll say this if they do not search the lake again, they had BETTER know where he is. Otherwise it's just outright negligent and his family has every right to be upset with that. If you don't have the funding for it, say so , instead of act like the lake is not a big deal.

Spring has sprung and I imagine Dylans' friends getting excited to be out in the warm sun playing around this summer. I hope he is with them.

What a lovely thought Schmae. I so pray you are right. Nothing as beautiful as children playing in the sunshine.

Perhaps, but there are far more missing child cases that instead of an arrest, turn into cases lasting years with no activity known to the public. I am sure LE considers these cases "active" but they cease being so, in the eyes of the public, after a while, when nothing is heard. Kaine Horman had said he meets people who assume Kyron was found long ago, since they no longer hear about him. We at WS are not the average sampling of society when it comes to awareness of these cases.

Perhaps, but there are far more missing child cases that instead of an arrest, turn into cases lasting years with no activity known to the public. I am sure LE considers these cases "active" but they cease being so, in the eyes of the public, after a while, when nothing is heard. Kaine Horman had said he meets people who assume Kyron was found long ago, since they no longer hear about him. We at WS are not the average sampling of society when it comes to awareness of these cases.

True that. True indeed.

True that. True indeed.

Because of the lack of the general public's ability to "stay" with a story if it is not in the news constantly, it becomes up to the family, when LE is so silent. It is difficult, sometimes impossible, to gain media interest when nothing is new, but it is essential. Otherwise, there is nothing left but people like us here. I wish every parent of a missing child would contact Marc Klaas at once. He will guide them and he has access to major media.

Because of the lack of the general public's ability to "stay" with a story if it is not in the news constantly, it becomes up to the family, when LE is so silent. It is difficult, sometimes impossible, to gain media interest when nothing is new, but it is essential. Otherwise, there is nothing left but people like us here. I wish every parent of a missing child would contact Marc Klaas at once. He will guide them and he has access to major media.
And there is still the mystery of why LE apparently advised the family to hold off involving Texas Equusearch months ago? That's IIRC of course.

And there is still the mystery of why LE apparently advised the family to hold off involving Texas Equusearch months ago? That's IIRC of course.

I think that is true, but sometimes I get cases muddled in those details.

If LE believes Dylan is NOT in the lake because they have information that says he's somewhere else, do they have an obligation to stop the private search of the lake? That's a lot of resources being spent on a potentially hazardous activity.

This just really bugs me.

If LE believes Dylan is NOT in the lake because they have information that says he's somewhere else, do they have an obligation to stop the private search of the lake? That's a lot of resources being spent on a potentially hazardous activity.

Interesting question. I guess we'll see if the lake search actually takes place and if it does not,,,,,,hmmm.

In my opinion, what ever happened to Dylan, was happening five months ago during these next few hours.

If I could wish him home, I would. We ALL would.

In my opinion, a thorough search of the lake was not completed by LE. Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing the work done by the search team. I just don't believe the previous search was complete. The divers could only dive so far and they did not have the sophisticated equipment. I don't believe a lake as deep as Vallecito can be ruled out by the type of search LE executed.

In my opinion, a thorough search of the lake was not completed by LE. Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing the work done by the search team. I just don't believe the previous search was complete. The divers could only dive so far and they did not have the sophisticated equipment. I don't believe a lake as deep as Vallecito can be ruled out by the type of search LE executed.

Agreed. LE divers were dealing with the cold water temps and high altitudes. Hopefully use of side scan sonar, ROVs and whatever other technology is available from other organizations who might participate will have better results. Either find whatever the dogs hit on or feel as though the lake has been searched as thoroughly as possible.

I've seen that there are deeper areas of the lake, but I think those areas aren't in the search area.

What I've seen in the articles is that the area they searched was 40 feet deep, and that the divers went to 40 feet. That tells me they went to the bottom.

I didn't see LE or divers say they couldn't get to the bottom, or that there was anything they couldn't accomplish.

It seems to me this was a crack team of professional state police divers. I can't see them doing an inadequate job or leaving the job incomplete, and I don't think they would use inadequate equipment.

:twocents: Not trying to argue or convince anyone. Just explaining my thinking. I respect everyone else's right to their opinion.

I do not see how LE could possibly have info saying Dylan is elsewhere. They do not appear to be doing any active searches in a specific area.

My feeling is that they believe they searched the area of the lake near the dog hit effectively and found nothing. That does not explain the dog hits, as they should have found an elk or whatever, if that was the cause for the dogs' interest. But in any case, they appear to be as satisfied as possible that Dylan was not the cause. I really hope that they are not doing a power-trip thing about the lake, i.e getting an attitude because the family wants it searched more thoroughly, and they are offended so they refuse to cooperate or even mention it. But that is how it looks to me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx