CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still fairly new to sleuthing, so maybe some of you more experienced can help me out with this:

I noticed in the Jessica Ridgeway case, both parents were "ruled out" by LE as suspects six days into the investigation (even before her body was found). Yet Dylan's case is going on 2 wks now and LE has made no remarks about ruling out the parents, that I am aware of. I know that a statement was made that they were not calling MR a suspect, but nothing about ruling him out.

What do you think is taking them so long? Forensics from the searches? Do we know if he has taken a polygraph? Just seems the Ridgeway case progressed much faster & LE was much more forthcoming with information to the public.

There was mention that dogs had picked up a scent on a road that leads to dad's house but they didn't have Dylan's scent for the dogs to track at that time.

So what 'scent' did this dog/s pick up? The scent of decomp?

Does anyone know more about what these dogs hit on?

Do you allow LE, the ex wife, your other son, their family and yours, the community and the world at large to imagine that something awful has happened to your son. Don't you get an attorney to announce that Dylan is being hidden for his own protection and you allow events to proceed from there. ? how do you keep a 13 year old quiet who resents this trip and you for insisting on this trip? Chloroform in 24 hour doses? I remember the dad saying he had no support ( like that helps find his son somehow?). So where do you hide a noisy, angry 13 year old boy?

You all are assuming that he is angry, and that could be alot further from the truth...I say this because at the time after the vigal his other son did go to stay at his fathers home. Not hard to take someone into a secluded area in the place that he lives. This part of CO is not Denver, it is surrounded by sucluded areas. As for letting the family, community, and the world believe he is missing, a parent that thinks there child will be harmed has done alot more....children missing all over the world because of custodial abductions. Children at age 13 are often kept happy by things they want, computers, games, clothes, snowboarding whatever, even trips on a vacation could make a child happy. Example....my son was 5 at the time my husband took him, and convenced him to get into the truck by telling him there were other children to play with an he could play video games with him....No Dylan is not 5, but things mean stuff to kids(they like to have what they want). As for the attorney, he could of simply asked a simple what if question. Still covered up attorney client privalage.....

I just got an account and wanted to share that Dylan wanted to spend Thanksgiving with his mom and other family as his Grandma has cancer. It was going to be a big get togeather with pictures being taken.

This is very sad news, but I wonder why mom has not revealed this instead of allowing all the speculation as to why DR didn't want to go to his dads. What she has said gives the impression he didn't want to go because he didn't like his dad. And maybe he didn't but still it's only fair all the facts and reasons are out there. jmo

You all are assuming that he is angry, and that could be alot further from the truth...I say this because at the time after the vigal his other son did go to stay at his fathers home. Not hard to take someone into a secluded area in the place that he lives. This part of CO is not Denver, it is surrounded by sucluded areas. As for letting the family, community, and the world believe he is missing, a parent that thinks there child will be harmed has done alot more....children missing all over the world because of custodial abductions. Children at age 13 are often kept happy by things they want, computers, games, clothes, snowboarding whatever, even trips on a vacation could make a child happy. Example....my son was 5 at the time my husband took him, and convenced him to get into the truck by telling him there were other children to play with an he could play video games with him....No Dylan is not 5, but things mean stuff to kids(they like to have what they want). As for the attorney, he could of simply asked a simple what if question. Still covered up attorney client privalage.....

Not only that but attorneys handle other things beside divorces. I don't believe MR would have two or three attorneys for all his legal needs. This attorney could be the one who handled his divorce but also other things for him. My x-husband was a criminal attorney but he could be retained for any legal issues. Divorce, real estate, tax problems etc. jmo

I'm sure LE has done this, but it'd be interesting to compare dad's & Dylan's cell records/locations from the moment Dylan landed until the moment police arrived to take the missing report. If dad's and/or Dylan's phones were off during that time, it'd be interesting to see how that squares with their normal habits. For example, was dad's phone off for a period of time other than any verified times of his attorney appt? I'm guessing LE is interested in what the conversation with his attorney entailed as well.

Wasn't it mentioned dad works in the oil/gas industry? Wonder what his position is/was? My grandfather worked in the oil industry as an engineer, but sometimes we'd ride out in the truck to check on different drilling sites in NM. They tended to be remote, with no one around. I know we have some sites like that here in central & N. Co. Just a thought that, if dad's involved, familiar yet remote sites might matter. Given that as far as we know there's such a broad timeframe if dad's involved, there's so much potential ground to cover. Like others said some time ago, it appears there's time to get across state lines too.

Thanks to mods for allowing broader speculation. The statement that "The Sheriff’s Office is not calling Mark Redwine a suspect" and the new broadened search at dad's house with Feds, tents, seizing his two pickups, etc struck me as ratcheting up pressure in response to growing evidence. That statement was so specific, ie who's not calling him that (didn't say the broader term of LE or we or reference the FBI or CBI, etc) and obviously choosing not to clear him or definitively say he's not a suspect. Doesn't say we're not considering him one, just we're not calling him one. It's always good to see LE be thorough and fully exploring multiple scenarios, IMO.

Moo

He is 13, not 5. And if he had access to a computer he would have no doubt contacted his friends and relatives. And where would that secluded area be? You have to have someone feeding the child, etc. And I believe father doesn't even have an access to car anymore-haven't his cars been removed by police? <modsnip>.

If MR had Dylan hidden away somewhere, wouldn't he have to disappear every now and then to feed him? If that were the scenario, I think LE would've tracked and recovered him by now. JMO.

Not if he had planned this all before he did it, there very well could be other people at play in this, others that think Dylan was at risk as well....and would do anything to keep a child safe(even keeping there mouth closed).

So here we are again.....a missing child.....almost two weeks missing and LE keeping things under wrap....I really do understand why they do that BUT when we are this far out I really believe it benefits noone when the main objective is to find the missing child! Guess I am just so frustrated....Dylan, where are you?

Not if he had planned this all before he did it, there very well could be other people at play in this, others that think Dylan was at risk as well....and would do anything to keep a child safe(even keeping there mouth closed).

Considering there is nothing to suggest Dylan was ever un-safe living with his mother, I find that idea very hard to believe.

I know what my thought was and it's not much, but something about the "couldn't wake him up/out like a light statement" reminds me of Bille Dunn's going to work that morning. Just something about it. Carry on.

He is 13, not 5. And if he had access to a computer he would have no doubt contacted his friends and relatives. And where would that secluded area be? You have to have someone feeding the child, etc. And I believe father doesn't even have an access to car anymore-haven't his cars been removed by police? This idea seems a fantasy with no basis in reality whatsoever.

It is not like he didn't know Dylan was coming, this all could of been planned...He could be on his way out of the country for all we know(I would rather this be the case than say, dead in the water). Not that there has to be a computer were he is, that was just me throwing things out there for an example...

It is not like he didn't know Dylan was coming, this all could of been planned...He could be on his way out of the country for all we know(I would rather this be the case than say, dead in the water). Not that there has to be a computer were he is, that was just me throwing things out there for an example...

I don't find any of these ideas believable, but it isn't possible to disprove the negative. As far as my understanding goes, 13 year old was perfectly happy living with his mother, and not in danger of anything.

I know what my thought was and it's not much, but something about the"couldn' t wake him up/out like a light statement" reminds me of Bille Dunn's going to work that morning. Just something about it. Carry on.

"couldn' t wake him up/out like a light"

this and the "that boy was my whole world"

It worries me.

My 2 cents is this: whenever LE believes that a stranger abduction has taken place, they are quick to give press conferences and warnings to be cautious and keep children under tight wraps.

This has not happened.

Considering there is nothing to suggest Dylan was ever un-safe living with his mother, I find that idea very hard to believe.

I agree, but who would voice those concerns(MR), has he no, has he even spoke about his ex, no. As I said I was just throwing it out there, but can see there is alot of people who don't see this as a possability.

I just got an account and wanted to share that Dylan wanted to spend Thanksgiving with his mom and other family as his Grandma has cancer. It was going to be a big get togeather with pictures being taken.

:wagon: findDylan! :welcome:

Thank you for joining us on WS!:seeya:

My 2 cents is this: whenever LE believes that a stranger abduction has taken place, they are quick to give press conferences and warnings to be cautious and keep children under tight wraps.

This has not happened.

Not always, i seem to remember in the JR case they never warned anyone about a predator, only asked parents to talk to the kids an see if they knew anything.. IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skelyatr