CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I defended him until about 2 this morning I think, so I get how you feel. The video did it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know you did; you've been fair to him (and others), I had even made a joke about you heading to the tunnel with your claustrophobia - but my post was removed. I'm one of those people who has a real hard time speaking in public and also one who freaks out when a camera points at me, so I can't let myself change my mind because of something he said in a videotaped statement. That doesn't mean he's innocent, but it means I'm still not sure. Then again, it sometimes takes me 30-40 minutes to decide what to order in a restaurant... :blushing:

I forgot my password so haven't been able to post.
Where have the mom & brother used past tense? I haven't watched all the videos, so if it's in one of them, pls forgive me for not having seen it and link me to it :)

This one feels more like Lisa Irwin to me. I'm not getting the terror feeling I had with JR (due to an evil stranger's involvement and predator on the loose aspects). I'm getting a sad feeling but also a stuck, blocked one. Like with Lisa Irwin. I knew from day 1 what happened there but it's since been impossible to prove.
It's really hard when the family reports a child missing when that isn't the case. Seems like CA got busted b/c she waited 30 days to report her child missing. And people get busted when they do something bad an don't try to lie to cover it up. But when the family makes claims that are not accurate, the cases stay so murky usually.

I will have to go find the link somewhere back in thread 2, 3 or 4:waitasec: ..but if my memory is correct neither of their statements were as glaring as dads.....I think they both used past tense 1 time...

The end result is the same-he had to go somewhere he apparently didn't want to go for whatever reason. Doesn't usually make for a happy teenager. It makes for a teenager who might be resentful he had to go visit his father when he wanted to stay with his mother and family.

Bingo, it is about the end result. Whether it is about a sick relative or wnating to hang out with a girlfriend the result is, IMO, a 13 year old resenting the person who insisted on this trip. I don't know if the parent knowing the child really wanted to stay at home could have allowed the child to stay or if the court 'ordered' Dylan to go but regardless I can see a 13 year old resenting the person who set this trip in motion.

Dylan's resentment gains ground with me when it came out that he intended on spending his first night at a friend's house making dad essentially a taxi service.

You all are assuming that he is angry, and that could be alot further from the truth...I say this because at the time after the vigal his other son did go to stay at his fathers home. Not hard to take someone into a secluded area in the place that he lives. This part of CO is not Denver, it is surrounded by sucluded areas.

snipped respectfully

BBM

this is something I have NOT heard.

Can you please, please provide link!

TIA

has anyone heard whether the investigators at MR's house were seen taking anything out? or seen any pictures showing anything being removed? other than the two vehicles. tia

Growing up with divorced parents, I got to a point probably around Dylan's age that I just didn't want to go to my mother's house anymore (now she had drug and alcohol issues and an abusive new husband) but I finally flat out refused to go. Luckily, my mother never pushed the issue and took dad to court. Of course this was many years ago.

snipped respectfully

BBM

this is something I have NOT heard.

Can you please, please provide link!

TIA

I have not heard that either, but I did see the two of them hugging on the live news feed of the vigil.

Timeline of events in Dylan Redwine case

Article Last Updated: Thursday, November 29, 2012 11:28pm

http://durangoherald.com/article/20121129/NEWS01/121129528/Timeline-of-events-in-Dylan-Redwine-case

I think that may tell part of why MR wasn't answering calls from ER. He called her the day Dylan disappeared to tell her he was missing, and she probably blamed him for it during that call. If I was already upset about my son being missing, the last thing I'd want to do is talk with someone who was just going to try to make me feel more guilty than I already did. MOO

ETA: I also haven't heard anyone other than ER's family saying that he didn't want to go to dad's place. His friend's sound like he may have been looking forward to going to see them, at least.

I think that may tell part of why MR wasn't answering calls from ER. He called her the day Dylan disappeared to tell her he was missing, and she probably blamed him for it during that call. If I was already upset about my son being missing, the last thing I'd want to do is talk with someone who was just going to try to make me feel more guilty than I already did. MOO

Makes sense. And is this also the reason he ignored his older son's texts/calls? That part has bothered me for days...

Do we know yet if Dylan ever made it to dads house?
Just a thought, hate to even say it, but what if dad dropped him off somewhere on the way home with all of his stuff and a fishing pole?
I keep wondering how that fishing pole is so important to dad. This could be totally off.

ETA: I also haven't heard anyone other than ER's family saying that he didn't want to go to dad's place. His friend's sound like he may have been looking forward to going to see them, at least.

Iirc the police told her not dad

I hope you are wrong too....his mom and big brother were also speaking of him in the past tense so hopefully means nothing....hopefully:please:

I do not remember his Mom or brother speaking in past tense. When and where did this happen? Please share links!

Makes sense. And is this also the reason he ignored his older son's texts/calls? That part has bothered me for days...

When I read that, I figured CR had sent him a text asking him to contact "them" or mom. It's also possible that MR isn't into texting as much as younger people are. When I did have a cell phone, I never sent texts because I'd always get the wrong letters and it was hard for me to read the small print on those sent to me.

Not to open a can of worms, but I also know of a case where the attorney advised the parent to take the child. I actually think this happens lots of times in a parental abduction. I don't think this is what happened here however. jmo

It definitely violates ethics rules for an attorney to advise a client to break the law. This attorney could be sanctioned.

I do not remember his Mom or brother speaking in past tense. When and where did this happen? Please share links!

His mother was the first one to do it, and at the vigil CR used the past tense for all but the statement saying he was just waiting for the call (I think) saying that they could go pick him up... or something like that.

im catching up so correct me if Im wrong - do we only know he got to durango b/c of this text to his mother? that could have been anything....do we know what happened between that text and the time he arrived at his fathers? did Dylan confirm he was there once at dads?

it seems odd that he had plans to meet friends-- did dad not know about plans? I just remember being a teenager at least mentioning what I might be doing b/c if my parents had woken up at 730 and saw me still sleeping but I was supposed to meet friends at 630, they'd wake me up and say hey! you are late!! or something to that effect.

and lastly - he says he comes back at 1130 and hes gone. when was dylan out like a light? at 730am? Im just trying to get this all straight.

I wonder very much about the nature and purpose of the visit to the atty's office Monday morning.

I have not heard that either, but I did see the two of them hugging on the live news feed of the vigil.

I saw that also but staying at his dad's place that night is a lot more than a hug....I don't see it as anything negative....but was not aware of that happening.

I'm still trying to figure out why dad didn't know about the vigil (said that was his reason for being late)....dad very well may not be into "technology" or doesn't get the newspaper...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abi