DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"couldn' t wake him up/out like a light"

this and the "that boy was my whole world"

It worries me.

Mental health professionals often believe there is some element of truth in a lie. I've been puzzling over this statement from Dylan's dad for a while now. He refers to the last state he saw Dylan in as unable to wake him up, out like a light. I wonder if there is some element of truth in that, sad as it may be -- that the last time Mark Redwine saw his son, he was incapacitated and unable to be roused for some reason....

The truth has a way of slipping through the cracks.

what could be the outcome of an angry teenager and an angry parent?

Both men and Dylan was becoming a young man (oh how I remember my neighbors fighting and getting physical when the boys were young teens).

The keyword is was. I think this is all the evidence that is needed. I hope that I'm wrong for Dylan's sake.

Hmm...I wonder if something accidental happened, rather than something premeditated.

ETA: "couldn't wake him up / out like a light"

I know what my thought was and it's not much, but something about the "couldn't wake him up/out like a light statement" reminds me of Bille Dunn's going to work that morning. Just something about it. Carry on.

"Out like a light" to me has always been used when one first falls asleep. Not when one has been sleeping for 10 hours already!

I know LE is saying that he didn't run away....

But is there any way that a naive 13 year old decided to head back to the family party on his own? Did he have any money on him? Maybe he thought he would hitchhike/buy a bus ticket until he made it to see Grandma?

there are no buses running out of Durango. Greyhound pulled out of here last year. It would have to be hitching a ride or airplane. I am sure they have ruled out that he may have taken a flight.

<SNIP>
“I want everyone to know how much I love that boy and how much I cared about him, and how much I thank the community for all the effort that they put in,” he said. “He was such a wonderful boy. He meant everything.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I wondered about with what he said there. People say it sounds like he's thanking for the community like they're done helping, but he may have been doing just that because LE had asked them the other day to stop volunteer searches. I'm guessing that he wouldn't speak to the press originally because he knew he wasn't good at public speaking and knew he'd get the reaction that he got. Maybe next time I get tinted glasses I should get something other than rose-colored, but I do enjoy looking for good in people as much as I enjoy looking for guilt.

Sorry....you are right...I meant to say where is mom and that side of family would be...did not mean her home...just with that side of family.

I'm just trying to keep the record straight and in my own mind, where everyone was located. Difficult case. :(

Woke up after tossing and turning and yes dreaming about Dylan. My hopes are high that LE is truly on to something and I pray that Dylan will be found. Praying that today is the day. Where are you precious boy?!

Good afternoon. Glad ya made it back. I still haven't made it to bed.

Both men and Dylan was becoming a young man (oh how I remember my neighbors fighting and getting physical when the boys were young teens).

I have 2 boys, a 12yo and a 17yo (today is his bday) and I just can't imagine physically fighting with them.

iirc the dogs where cadaver dogs, so decomp would be correct.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...ws01/Timeline-of-events-in-Dylan-Redwine-case

Afternoon: Law-enforcement teams with cadaver dogs search Vallecito Reservoir. The dogs “hit” on several spots near the dam while aboard a watercraft.

Thank you EllieMae but this mention was not about the dam or lake this was about dog/s picking up a scent on some part of the road leading up to MR's house and it went on to say that this was done without a sample of Dylan's scent. Which leads me to question what kind of scent was hit on.

One thing I wondered about with what he said there. People say it sounds like he's thanking for the community like they're done helping, but he may have been doing just that because LE had asked them the other day to stop volunteer searches. I'm guessing that he wouldn't speak to the press originally because he knew he wasn't good at public speaking and knew he'd get the reaction that he got. Maybe next time I get tinted glasses I should get something other than rose-colored, but I do enjoy looking for good in people as much as I enjoy looking for guilt.

I defended him until about 2 this morning I think, so I get how you feel. The video did it for me.

You all are assuming that he is angry, and that could be alot further from the truth...I say this because at the time after the vigal his other son did go to stay at his fathers home.

I admit to being lost, but was it written somewhere that Dylan's brother went to stay with his dad? Did he spend the night, or just visit?

Thank you -- I'm sure I just missed it.

(Sorry - don't know what happened to the quote.)

I hope you are wrong too....his mom and big brother were also speaking of him in the past tense so hopefully means nothing....hopefully:please:

I forgot my password so haven't been able to post.
Where have the mom & brother used past tense? I haven't watched all the videos, so if it's in one of them, pls forgive me for not having seen it and link me to it :)

This one feels more like Lisa Irwin to me. I'm not getting the terror feeling I had with JR (due to an evil stranger's involvement and predator on the loose aspects). I'm getting a sad feeling but also a stuck, blocked one. Like with Lisa Irwin. I knew from day 1 what happened there but it's since been impossible to prove.
It's really hard when the family reports a child missing when that isn't the case. Seems like CA got busted b/c she waited 30 days to report her child missing. And people get busted when they do something bad an don't try to lie to cover it up. But when the family makes claims that are not accurate, the cases stay so murky usually.

I agree, imo Dylan was probably angry, mom might have been fighting against him going(I would have), and dad was probably mad he had to get a court order. I can see it from all angles. I'm just guessing but I bet everyone was upset with the situation . Most reasonable parents would understand and relent in that situation. Some reason he forced it , but I'm sure tensions where very high very fast. And this is just my theory.

If brother did stay the night, was it Tuesday night? The night of the vigil?

And if he did, I'd sure love to hear a statement from him.

I have 2 boys, a 12yo and a 17yo (today is his bday) and I just can't imagine physically fighting with them.

it's a man thing - rite of passage or something - a son arguing with dad to prove he is a "man", etc...

hard for us women to understand....:waitasec:

I appreciate your looking outside the box....considering that we on WS are dealing with cases that are not "open and shut" indicates we are dealing with atypical cases...

Add to that.... That perps in missing persons cases behave atypically than the so-called norm...(who would want to harm a person but an aberrant part of society?).. Then I see thinking in a creative fashion actually breaks us out of a linear way of thinking... One that may lead us to more dead ends than solutions..

This is just my opinion...

Just wanted to thank you for posting this. I always get discouraged when someone (especially those actually investigating) decides to cut off a theory because it didsn't make sense to THEM.

I defended him until about 2 this morning I think, so I get how you feel. The video did it for me.

I must say that statement is kind of hard to explain away. I so hope he didn't do anything for DR's sake. How horrible would that be for him to be harmed at the hands of his father. But, I have wondered if he did harm him, maybe he put him in the lake and that is why he wanted the search done so badly. To get him out of there as soon as possilbe. Remorse? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd