CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How close is this area to any attempted abductions or the abductions we know about?
Is it close to where Jessica Ridgeway lived?

I can't get those guys out of my mind who were trying to lure kids in their van with candy. I thought I'd read about other attempts too.

Good grief. It seems all I can do is ask questions.

Another good point. So sorry that had to hurt in more ways than one!

O/T: no need to be sorry. I had a tracfone that was older than some WS'ers children ! The only issue is going to be their "customer service" when I try to move my number and minutes to a new phone :)

What does this mean? Nothing as in nothing on him in person as a resource? :waitasec:

Mark Redwine made his first public appearance Tuesday night at a vigil in Bayfield. But when reached at his Vallecito home Wednesday morning, Redwine declined any possibility of more comment, saying he wanted the attention to stay on his son, not him. He declined to be formally interviewed.

He said a million things were running through his head about what could have happened to his son. He said he doesn’t think Dylan ran away.

He has nothing and no one to run away from, Mark Redwine said.

He said he will continue to stay in his house, saying he thought that was what would be best for Dylan. Mark Redwine’s brother also is staying with him.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...2/Dylan-Redwine-did-not-run-away-police-say--

And maybe the fishing pole really is missing. We don't know that, do we? Just because the one found wasn't Dylan's, doesn't mean that Dylan's isn't missing. For some reason Dad thinks the fishing pole is missing.

Salem

I think it iS missing. I'm just not sure why it is missing.

Dylan's friends have not said anything about them going fishing together. If D was going to go hitchhike to their town, 19 miles away, why would he take a fishing pole? It seems like a hassle.

In the Nancy Grace interview:
BENDER: My understanding is -- and our investigators have checked his cell phone. Also, cell phones have GPS`s, so if they`re turned on, that gives a general location of the person. And we have been following up on those right along, and there`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever since Sunday evening sometime.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../28/ng.01.html

I don't know if the transcript is correct, I don't watch the show.

Thank you. I didn't watch either except once and I regretted it. lol

Anyway. Over and out. I hope someone finds Dylan safe and sound somewhere.

How close is this area to any attempted abductions or the abductions we know about?

I can't get those guys out of my mind who were trying to lure kids in their van with candy. I thought I'd read about other attempts too.

Questions are a GOOD thing

In the Nancy Grace interview:
BENDER: My understanding is -- and our investigators have checked his cell phone. Also, cell phones have GPS`s, so if they`re turned on, that gives a general location of the person. And we have been following up on those right along, and there`s been no activity on his phone whatsoever since Sunday evening sometime.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../28/ng.01.html

I don't know if the transcript is correct, I don't watch the show.

I didn't watch NG, but on the subject of GPS - many android phones have the option to turn off GPS locating.

Not knowing the type of phone Dylan has, it would be guessing, that if he left on his own and didn't want to be 'tracked' he (being a techie) may have done this.

Doesn't account for the pinging, but would with the GPS locating.

Just thinking...

What does this mean? Nothing as in nothing on him in person as a resource? :waitasec:

Mark Redwine made his first public appearance Tuesday night at a vigil in Bayfield. But when reached at his Vallecito home Wednesday morning, Redwine declined any possibility of more comment, saying he wanted the attention to stay on his son, not him. He declined to be formally interviewed.

He said a million things were running through his head about what could have happened to his son. He said he doesn’t think Dylan ran away.

He said he will continue to stay in his house, saying he thought that was what would be best for Dylan. Mark Redwine’s brother also is staying with him.

http://durangoherald.com/article/20...2/Dylan-Redwine-did-not-run-away-police-say--

BBM what does that mean?
Was he moving? or am i reading it wrong?

Was Mark Redwine's brother staying with him when Dylan disappeared?

About 6 hours (driving):
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Durango,+Co&daddr=Westminster,+CO&hl=en&sll=39.836653,-105.037205&sspn=0.30581,0.656433&geocode=FZDGOAIdfeGR-Skj_IW9pgI8hzFafqajgogr3A%3BFe3bXwIda0K9-Smff1miHohrhzEXRHQ_cFfPqA&mra=ls&t=m&z=7"]Durango, CO to Westminster, CO - Google Maps[/ame]

ETA: It's NOT easy driving either, IMO

I take it to mean he has nothing to run from.

I take that as two separate things combined in the sentence - he has nothing to run away from and he has no one to run away from.

On another topic, I'm very surprised he hasn't retained an attorney. I have a relative in LE and a good friend who is a judge, and their advice to their families and friends is that "if the police ever want to talk to you, hire an attorney. You may not need it, but you should always have them sitting there for advice. Innocent or guilty."

My mother lives in a remote area and cell phone service and 3G service is sketchy at best. Sometimes there is service, sometimes there is not. I bought a hotspot specifically for when I'm in her area and it didn't work. I could not get a satellite signal. So it's possible there was no cell service in the area he was in, neither for phone or data. JMO and experience.

I thought he meant "He has nothing to run away from and no one to run away from" as in there is no reason for him to run away.

My mother lives in a remote area and cell phone service and 3G service is sketchy at best. Sometimes there is service, sometimes there is not. I bought a hotspot specifically for when I'm in her area and it didn't work. I could not get a satellite signal. So it's possible there was no cell service in the area he was in, neither for phone or data. JMO and experience.

But there was cell activity up until 8 pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9