CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how this could be considered creepy when his son shouted about how much he hated his father, to his face on a prime time tv show screened internationally. IMO that was a cringe-worthy, much more public moment. MR's words above seem quite heartfelt to me.

Well, IMO of course, Cory has more than a few reasons to be pretty angry at his father. Even if MR has nothing to do with the crime itself, his behavior has often been reprehensible, and Cory's little brother disappeared from MR's house.

Secondly, someone has to be the grown-up. I think that's MR's job.

IMO, etc.

Thanks button was not enough!! You said it so well and I thought the same thing. It's been repeated endlessly here about him being silent, wondering why he doesn't speak out. Now that he has, it's wrong. I don't get it.
We should all remember, he has not been arrested or charged with anything, so he still has the right to speak about his missing son, and to direct a plea to his older son. None of his rights have been taken away from him, he's still Dylan's father. He should be able to say what is in his heart the same as Dylan's mother does, whether we like what he says or not.
JMHO

Of course he does. I only wish he had done it, and taken steps to definitively clear himself as well (which I still don't think he's done, assurances that he would do so to the contrary), six months ago. It might have made a huge difference then.

IMO.

lol

O/T

I'm in love with Sheldon Cooper from Big Bang Theory. One of my favorite lines was, "Got your back jack, *****es be crazy." It's a running joke with my dh. My 13 yo says cray cray so I thought this was fitting.

Ohhhh. I'm out of the loop when it comes to TV -- got rid of mine quite a while back. On the plus side, I still know all of the words to The Brady Bunch theme song!

"Here's the story of a lovely lady...." (Sing with me now!)

Ohhhh. I'm out of the loop when it comes to TV -- got rid of mine quite a while back. On the plus side, I still know all of the words to The Brady Bunch theme song!

"Here's the story of a lovely lady...." (Sing with me now!)

LOL now I know what I'm going to be singing to myself all day ;)

[/B]

Of course he does. I only wish he had done it, and taken steps to definitively clear himself as well (which I still don't think he's done, assurances that he would do so to the contrary), six months ago. It might have made a huge difference then.

IMO.
I think that Mark did take steps to clear himself with LE six months ago by cooperating with them and taking a polygraph when asked to do so. I'm sure that isn't good enough for some members of the public but I'm not sure what else he could do for LE. MOO.

Wow. Funny how everyone sees things differently. I see this as a heartfelt plea to his older son, to say that he loves him in spite of the hurtful things Cory has said about him publicly. He's letting him know that he loves and misses Dylan just as much as they do and will never give up on either one of them. Jerky?? I sure don't see it like that at all, but that's just me.

Not directed at you specifically but this is an example of how his words are twisted around. No matter what he says, people are going to find fault with it. If he doesn't speak out, he's hiding in shame. If he does speak out everything he says is taken apart and turned into something sinister. He can't win.

But see, this is the problem I have -- MR makes very sure to state he loves him despite Cory's behavior, but makes no attempt at all to say something to the effect that he's aware of the mistakes that he (MR) has made, too.

Is he really truly unaware of how bizarre he acted when Dylan first went missing? Can he really not understand that it would be natural for Dylan's mom and brother to be angry that he disappeared on his dad's watch? Does he not get how he impeded the investigation by not doing whatever he needed to do to clear himself? Does he feel no remorse for the humiliation some of his personal escapades surely caused his sons? Is he incapable of comprehending that his virtual silence and lack of action over the last six months has further cemented the belief that he had something to do with Dylan's disappearance in the minds of the media and general public?

It's possible, of course, that he really doesn't understand. But people without any semblance of feelings of guilt, without any introspection, scare me, and that is what I read in his statement:

To Cory: Like Dylan I love you and will never give up on you. Regardless of the things you say
or do I will always care.

No "I'm sorry." No "I know I have caused great pain." No remorse.

JMO, and not directed at your post.

I think that Mark did take steps to clear himself with LE six months ago by cooperating with them and taking a polygraph when asked to do so. I'm sure that isn't good enough for some members of the public but I'm not sure what else he could do for LE. MOO.

Is this the polygraph that MR first said he failed, and then said was inconclusive, and then said it was done by an incompetent polygrapher? Or did he ever take a second one, as he said he was going to do? If you're referring to the former, then I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree that this was adequate to clear himself.

JMO

Is this the polygraph that MR first said he failed, and then said was inconclusive, and then said it was done by an incompetent polygrapher? Or did he ever take a second one, as he said he was going to do? If you're referring to the former, then I'm afraid we'll have to agree to disagree that this was adequate to clear himself.

JMO

he agreed to take one on the Dr Phil show, but ended up nil for 3 attempts to get him to do one on there. Also the PI made mention on the official facebook page of asking MR to do a polygraph, a refusal saw the PI step away from the case.

oh and LPCSO made it quite clear in a press release that their polygrapher was competent, that was the same press release that they also made it clear that MR had not reported Dylan missing.

I can tell you that based on personal knowledge, this press release was not drafted by MR himself, it's just not how he speaks or writes. With that being said, I do believe that if you have the inability to speak clearly and express your point of view without word salad, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having someone, anyone, assist you in writing a press release. My concern comes with his comments to CR, this isn't about MR, CR or EH, it's about Dylan and the insertion of a forgiveness to CR is off topic. Why does he feel the need to forgive CR yet fail to accept his role in the conflict. There is a reason that CR stated he doesn't call him dad, and that reason is clear IMO. As a parent, when a child expresses such hatred towards you, I would think that it would be your mission to look within and see what your role is in causing that. It would be understandable to say (for example) I don't know why you feel this way, what did I do to tick you off?" From that point you can either claim it and fix it or discount it and move on. MR just doesn't seem to have that ability IMO. IMO it seems as if the opinions of others are their failures and not his doing. There is a reason that opinions are formed and expressed, yet he has no claim or ownership in those opinions, feelings, expressions - it's always someone else's fault. IMO to have NO responsibility in anything is giving yourself too much credit. We all have ownership in life and our lives are not lived based on the actions of others first. CR doesn't respect or like MR, what's MR's role in that?

But see, this is the problem I have -- MR makes very sure to state he loves him despite Cory's behavior, but makes no attempt at all to say something to the effect that he's aware of the mistakes that he (MR) has made, too.

(snipped for space by me)

It's possible, of course, that he really doesn't understand. But people without any semblance of feelings of guilt, without any introspection, scare me, and that is what I read in his statement:

To Cory: Like Dylan I love you and will never give up on you. Regardless of the things you say
or do I will always care.

No "I'm sorry." No "I know I have caused great pain." No remorse.

JMO, and not directed at your post.

Not sure what he should be remorseful of in regards to Cory, nor sure why he should say he caused great pain. If MR is innocent of causing the disappearance in any way, I find it reasonable for him to state his love for a son who went on national TV and told his father he hated him. To me, that part reads like forgiveness.

Not sure what he should be remorseful of in regards to Cory, nor sure why he should say he caused great pain. If MR is innocent of causing the disappearance in any way, I find it reasonable for him to state his love for a son who went on national TV and told his father he hated him. To me, that part reads like forgiveness.

It does read as forgiveness IMO. My question is, where is the responsibility for his role? A child doesn't just declare his hatred of his parent without reason. I would wonder why my child would even say that. I would think that any parent would want to know why their child would say that.

JMO

I'm only aware of Mark taking a polygraph for LE so I guess we're talking about the same one.

I never said that taking the LE polygraph would be "adequate to clear himself" only that it's shows that he took steps to clear himself with LE.

I can tell you that based on personal knowledge, this press release was not drafted by MR himself, it's just not how he speaks or writes. With that being said, I do believe that if you have the inability to speak clearly and express your point of view without word salad, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having someone, anyone, assist you in writing a press release. My concern comes with his comments to CR, this isn't about MR, CR or EH, it's about Dylan and the insertion of a forgiveness to CR is off topic. Why does he feel the need to forgive CR yet fail to accept his role in the conflict. There is a reason that CR stated he doesn't call him dad, and that reason is clear IMO. As a parent, when a child expresses such hatred towards you, I would think that it would be your mission to look within and see what your role is in causing that. It would be understandable to say (for example) I don't know why you feel this way, what did I do to tick you off?" From that point you can either claim it and fix it or discount it and move on. MR just doesn't seem to have that ability IMO. IMO it seems as if the opinions of others are their failures and not his doing. There is a reason that opinions are formed and expressed, yet he has no claim or ownership in those opinions, feelings, expressions - it's always someone else's fault. IMO to have NO responsibility in anything is giving yourself too much credit. We all have ownership in life and our lives are not lived based on the actions of others first. CR doesn't respect or like MR, what's MR's role in that?
I agree,maybe Mark had someone proofread his letter and they helped him make corrections before it was released. I see nothing wrong with doing that also.

I don't think that it would have been a good idea for Mark to get into details of why his and Cory's relationship is in such bad shape in a public letter. That would be best done face to face with perhaps the help of a counselor. MOO.

Regarding the comment in MR's latest public statement:

"Although several attempts have been made, I would like to publicly invite Dylan's mother too [sic] mediation services being offered. I believe the more we all work together to bring Dylan home the more successful his safe return will be."

The first sentence makes it sound like a custody dispute. Mediation is something a couple does when they are going through a divorce and want to work together to divide the assets and responsibilities. It's not something you do when your child goes missing as a way to make the search more effective. The fact that Dylan went missing on his father's watch on the first visit following a major change in the custody/support responsibilities makes me even more certain this statement was crafted with the aid of MR's divorce attorney. And it makes me even more suspicious of MR's involvement.

The second sentence almost reads like a veiled threat to me.

JMO, of course

MR's having a little touch of karma's kiss if you ask me and I don't really feel too bad for him....... If he is innocent in Dylan's disappearance then it truly sucks to be him. But when you'r an ugly human who goes around upsetting and distancing those you claim to love then someday, somewhere , when you least expect it, karma's going to get you . And I think the last 6 months he's paying for a life lived with hatefulness and abusiveness and I just cba if his feelings are hurt. Hopefully he can see this for himself and beg those around him for forgiveness but as of the last big outing on Phil show, that did not seem to be the case.

mooooooooooooooooooooooooooo more cowbell !

Very interesting article. Although I realize there are many who dispute and come up with all kinds of excuses for these suspects, the famous "gut instinct" response, it is still part of the LE tool box and is usually very accurate.

...police can usually tell if a suspect is lying--even if their story seems to line up.
Here are the most tell-tale signs, revealed.

A pre-emptive 911 call

The emotions don't fit

Not answering "yes" or "no"

Too many details

Lying about small stuff

Referring to a missing person in past-tense

Saying "huh?''

Helpfully offering another explanation

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/poli...-tell-suspects-are-lying-2012-4#ixzz2TfJhyu6N

First off, he might feel a bit remorseful about being the adult in charge of Dylan when he went missing. No matter how it happened, and I've read every scenario people have put up here, MR dropped the ball in terms of ensuring his son's safety, and he did so less than 24 hours into the visit.

Secondly, I (hope) we all agree that Dylan's disappearance has caused a great deal of pain, and again, he was in his father's care. Dylan was Cory's baby brother. I'd really rather not go into the other issues surrounding MR that I would imagine wounded his family, though I think it would be within TOS as they were discussed in MSM as well as on the WS radio show.

Again, this is just my opinion, and I'm just responding to your question. I have not heard the remorse, regret, horror, contrition, if only, etc., that I would expect to hear.

Another instance where we'll just have to agree to disagree, I guess.

I'm only aware of Mark taking a polygraph for LE so I guess we're talking about the same one.

I never said that taking the LE polygraph would be "adequate to clear himself" only that it's shows that he took steps to clear himself with LE.

Yes, that's the one -- either failed or inconclusive, according to MR. Does anyone know if he took a second one?

I'm not sure how this could be considered creepy when his son shouted about how much he hated his father, to his face on a prime time tv show screened internationally. IMO that was a cringe-worthy, much more public moment. MR's words above seem quite heartfelt to me.

Imo, it is creepy because it is a very personal message, published in the national press. Why not just send a private letter or email ?

Hs words do not sound heartfelt to me. A heartfelt message would have been a private one that did not include the backhanded comments and jabs, imo.

As for Cory's emotional outburst on Dr. Phil, I think that was sincere and unplanned. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx