CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure when there are social media reports, emails and discussion with family members, locals and friends about searches it is easy to decipher the truth and has nothing to do with whether or not MR had bitter divorces. Not hard to determine a SAR search will take place when they announce a date on their FB page. And all of the above is what the discussion was referring to....not MR's ex's. No need to make it something else.

What FB page is used for announcements of SAR searches?
Thx

I really don't care. I was addressing the information about searches, SAR groups and the difference between knowing rumor from fact. Not that hard. It was the discussion at hand.

And what I specifically quoted was a general statement about there being real information there that one could use to look at every angle of the case. I was stating that we could not very well look at every angle of the case because there is a component missing to do so, and why I felt that component was missing. Am I not entitled to explain my rationalization of why I feel that way?

At this point in time we will have to agree to disagree as I have said all I have to say on the subject.

I think that he's a little gun shy after his beat down on Dr Phil. I was surprised to hear even the 14 second soundbite last week. MOO.
It's quite possible Mark realizes that his way of talking is very off putting when people just want a straight answer and he knows it is in his own best interest to not say anything. I don't understand his behavior or the way he speaks, but I can't fault him for keeping away from reporters, either.

It's quite possible Mark realizes that his way of talking is very off putting when people just want a straight answer and he knows it is in his own best interest to not say anything. I don't understand his behavior or the way he speaks, but I can't fault him for keeping away from reporters, either.

Bur does that really matter, comsidering what is at stake?
We have seen parents who could barely speak the Englis language trying to plead for the public to memorize the name and face of their missing children.

Pretty sure when there are social media reports, emails and discussion with family members, locals and friends about searches it is easy to decipher the truth and has nothing to do with whether or not MR had bitter divorces. Not hard to determine a SAR search will take place when they announce a date on their FB page. And all of the above is what the discussion was referring to....not MR's ex's. No need to make it something else.

BBM

and the tentative dates have been out there for a week

not what I would call disorganized

just my:twocents:

I wasn't addressing any general statements. I was participating in the conversation started by Ranch and FindDylan about the ongoing searches, the upcoming SAR group and knowing the difference between FB rumors vs truth.
I don't see family/friends/supporters or locals leading anyone astray by posting what they've done to find Dylan, where they have searched, who is searching on the weekends and the area they covered, nor do I think the K-9 group would lead anyone astray by posting the dates they plan to return to the area to search for Dylan, nor do I think anyone would provide false information regarding the date of any upcoming fundraisers. I was addressing these FACTS.
I don't care who "likes" Mark, who "believes" Mark or who doesn't "believe" Mark. I don't believe Mark and nothing anyone says on any FB page will change my opinion of him. He did that all by himself. I'm also a professional investigator and I know what I know and have perfectly legitimate reasons for believing what I believe. I don't care to analyze this case regarding Mark's guilt or innocence. I am only concerned about finding Dylan and I believe there are a lot of folks who will never give up and I'm grateful for their efforts.

Bur does that really matter, comsidering what is at stake?
We have seen parents who could barely speak the Englis language trying to plead for the public to memorize the name and face of their missing children.
I agree, but even the people who barely speak English don't sound like obtuse, self centered, angry little boys when they are trying to get their point across, as, IMO, Mark does.

As I said, I don't understand his behavior (nor do I agree with his actions), but really, if someone is doing themselves and their missing son more harm than good by speaking up, and they have no idea how to go about actually doing something to find their missing son, I can see where it might be best to just not say anything. I don't get the not DOING anything part, but that's another issue. I'm just referring to any speaking to reporters and as always, JMO.

But how can we look at this case from every angle when many of us do not know MR personally and he doesn't often speak publicly? We can choose to take the words of others that do know him, but I do hate saying this, but both of his divorces were bitter and usually bitter divorces leave hard feelings. Sometimes those hard feelings can cloud our judgment and leave us with the impression a person is worse than they really are. MOO

IMO there is still one wide angle we are completely missing and we will never get a clear view of.

I'm sorry that you misunderstood my post, I thought it was quite clear that I was in fact referring to social media as being one of the angles that we should avail ourselves of if we want to look at all angles.

We don't need to know someone personally to look at all angles, as an example it was a websleuths member who found evidence in the Casey Anthony case that would probably have seen CA convicted had prosecutors discovered it before the trial. It doesn't take personal knowledge of a person to look at all angles.

IMO the one who was bitter about the divorces was MR, he got to get out of child support, he was paid child support by EH, he also got both houses in his latest divorce. When he speaks about EH his bitterness is pretty darn obvious IMO and its not bitterness about current things that are related to Dylans disappearance, he denigrates EH and her parenting on a number of occasions.

Exs have a very intimate knowledge of how their ex behaves, they know signs of lying, of covering up, of taunting etc. If an ex wife sees those signs should she just ignore them to the possible detriment of a child?

Many people have very bitter divorces, that doesn't mean they are willing to throw the ex under a bus just for the sake of it.

What wide angle are we missing? and why will we never get a clear view of it?

I just don't know how and where to go to so many facebook pages. My grandson helps me when he has time.

Usually, I just wait for Ransom or The Cheese to post data about searches. Would be nice if a schedule of searches could be added to the Search thread by those who know how to do so.

And what I specifically quoted was a general statement about there being real information there that one could use to look at every angle of the case. I was stating that we could not very well look at every angle of the case because there is a component missing to do so, and why I felt that component was missing. Am I not entitled to explain my rationalization of why I feel that way?

At this point in time we will have to agree to disagree as I have said all I have to say on the subject.

IMO, everyone is entitled to a rationalization.

It could mean that your flexible. Or it may mean that you have bitten off more than you can chew. Hard to say what is happening here with what we know. MOO.

I agree again - we don't have all of the information on the searches. Sometimes, and it's just my opinion here, it's okay to go ahead and give people the benefit of the doubt.

I'm sorry that you misunderstood my post, I thought it was quite clear that I was in fact referring to social media as being one of the angles that we should avail ourselves of if we want to look at all angles.

We don't need to know someone personally to look at all angles, as an example it was a websleuths member who found evidence in the Casey Anthony case that would probably have seen CA convicted had prosecutors discovered it before the trial. It doesn't take personal knowledge of a person to look at all angles.

IMO the one who was bitter about the divorces was MR, he got to get out of child support, he was paid child support by EH, he also got both houses in his latest divorce. When he speaks about EH his bitterness is pretty darn obvious IMO and its not bitterness about current things that are related to Dylans disappearance, he denigrates EH and her parenting on a number of occasions.

Exs have a very intimate knowledge of how their ex behaves, they know signs of lying, of covering up, of taunting etc. If an ex wife sees those signs should she just ignore them to the possible detriment of a child?

Many people have very bitter divorces, that doesn't mean they are willing to throw the ex under a bus just for the sake of it.

What wide angle are we missing? and why will we never get a clear view of it?

I feel strongly that a lot of our perceptions regarding MRs behaviors, actions, etc have come from two specific sources of information. Those that people believe the most, however there are always two sides to every story and in each of those stories we only have one side and in meaning that we have not heard Mark's side to how he viewed the divorces or the marriages. I would like a complete picture before I immediately come to a conclusion to what indeed is the truth of the situation. That is all.

I look at it like this. If I didn't know you, but someone I just met, whom I really do not know either were to come up to me telling me all these bad things about you, I wouldn't immediately believe it, as I would most definitely want to hear what you had to say before I ever thought to begin to judge you. That is just how I am. Outside of the two sources I don't really feel I know enough about Mark to judge him or what he may or may not be capable of.

I just don't know how and where to go to so many facebook pages. My grandson helps me when he has time.

Usually, I just wait for Ransom or The Cheese to post data about searches. Would be nice if a schedule of searches could be added to the Search thread by those who know how to do so.

As far as I can tell there is no schedule of searches because they are not to be made public for some reason. When I asked I got a link to Wendy saying she's bringing her dogs "soon" whatever that supposed to mean. Other than that I don't know when where or how any searches are being conducted.

So you are telling me that none of the people following this case are using the opinions of either of his exes for the basis of who they think Mark is? The things we are told by them has no reflection whatsoever on anyone's opinion of him?

My opinion of MR has been made by my observations of him, what he has said and done, what he hasn't said or done. His behaviour, his words or lack there of and what LE refuted that he had claimed.

What his ex wives say is taken into consideration, the same as I will take into consideration what his other children say, or family and friends of his, as is all other information is such as RSO's terrain, distances, wild animals, lake, creeks etc and also what LE says.

I do not see why we need to justify our reasons for why we think MR is involved in Dylans disapearance. The reasons have been clearly outlined a number of times already in many previous threads.

ETA My interest is in finding Dylan, he is what matters most

A little advice. Not everything that you read on social media is real. That's why it's considered to be rumor here on WS.

You know what, I have to admit that maybe there's more to the story with Wendy and her dogs coming back to search for Dylan. So I agree that for now, I'll let it rest. At least until more news is available.

BBM and you nailed it there RANCH - especially in the case of the offshoot "hate" pages (CMR in particular). Role models in action - and adults think teens are the ones who engage in cyber bullying?
No harm in asking questions about upcoming searches either - it's just so sad that the search teams are all in such high demand :( I can see why the searchers and dogs would be better off left to do their work in peace and not under public or media scrutiny - tbh I was surprised that any family members or friends seemed to be engaging with Wendy and her dogs during her last visit. Perhaps it was only for photos/publicity purposes and not necessarily during the search process though? I would think that a handler would prefer to work with their dogs and without the influence of extraneous followers in any case.

On what K-9 page? Do you have a link or a name so I could look it up myself.
Go to Google, type in "k9 forensics facebook" and you can get to the page. I don't remember if I am allowed to post the link or not.

But don't ask me to tell you how to navigate Facebook. I have no idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne