CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with posters, ie time has passed for any mediation with Dylan's family, if it was ever possible.

To add, I dont see how the search efforts have suffered by their lack of detente.

The efforts of various parties seems to be going forward without that, ie...

LE seems to have team of various agencies in place, Elaine has brought in teams for Lake searches, etc, the community seems to be involved, the official FB page continues to keep Dylan's face out across the nation.

and then there is Mark...

If he has information, tips, or insight to share, I'd imagine LE would surely lend an ear

just my:twocents:

Why would people stop looking for Dylan, based on what ER thinks?
Many people, especially on social media seem to be convinced he is alive. And these are mostly the same people who feel MR knows where he is.

Why? If I knew nothing of this case and all I had to go on was the FMDR page, which links to other pages, well I don't think I'd invest any time in looking for him. I'd believe he was at the bottom of the lake. The mixed message of love and light and the uber focus on the lake tells me one thing. They believe Dylan is dead but keeping up appearances tell them to "pray" and "hope."

IMO you can't state MR killed his son in one sentence and have hope in another. You should always have hope until a body is found. You=general you.

IF Elaine truly believes that Mark disposed of Dylan, then mediation is utterly meaningless. And I think she does strongly believe that. And she has been in communication with LE, and it seems that they have not told her anything to dissuade that opinion. Perhaps just the opposite, imo.

It seems they have not told her anything at all, or anyone for that matter.

Why? If I knew nothing of this case and all I had to go on was the FMDR page, which links to other pages, well I don't think I'd invest any time in looking for him. I'd believe he was at the bottom of the lake. The mixed message of love and light and the uber focus on the lake tells me one thing. They believe Dylan is dead but keeping up appearances tell them to "pray" and "hope."

IMO you can't state MR killed his son in one sentence and have hope in another. You should always have hope until a body is found. You=general you.

But even people from out of area who watched Dr. Phil go on about MR needs to tell where he is keeping Dylan, etc...so many seem to believe, or say they do, that Dylan is alive and "stashed" and that they will "never stop looking".

People have always believed Terri Horman did something to Kyron, but never seemed to stop calling in "sightings" etc.

Not saying he outright lied, but he may have twisted or misconstrued their conversation. JMO

He might have said he was having trouble with Elaine and wanted someone to mediate and the officer might have said agreed with him, thus MR says " Le suggested we have mediation." JMO

IF Elaine truly believes that Mark disposed of Dylan, then mediation is utterly meaningless. And I think she does strongly believe that. And she has been in communication with LE, and it seems that they have not told her anything to dissuade that opinion. Perhaps just the opposite, imo.

Well, I don't quite know how to reply to your first sentence. Your saying he either "twisted" things which I take as a purposeful act or he "misconstrued" what LE told him which is totally innocent. So neither here nor there. I'll just say that maybe a third possibility is that he told the truth.

If Elaine really does want to talk to Mark then I don't see why using a mediator is a problem. If she's so convinced that Mark is responsible for Dylan's disappearance, maybe she should not talk to him and leave that to the professional investigators. MOO.

My belief is that we don't know if Mark passed, failed or was inconclusive with his LE polygraph.

LE may have told him that he failed the test to put pressure on him in the early stages of their investigation to see if they could elicit a confession. When that didn't get any results, they may have told Mark that after further review, the test was inconclusive in order to keep the lines of communication open. This all fits with what Mark has said. We have no way of confirming it because, and rightfully so, LE won't comment on his test results.

LE isn't continuing to lie about it because they haven't commented about the test results at all. MOO.

If Mark had passed the poly, imo LE would have backed off of him as their POI.
That did not happen

Well, I don't quite know how to reply to your first sentence. Your saying he either "twisted" things which I take as a purposeful act or he "misconstrued" what LE told him which is totally innocent. So neither here nor there. I'll just say that maybe a third possibility is that he told the truth.

If Elaine really does want to talk to Mark then I don't see why using a mediator is a problem. If she's so convinced that Mark is responsible for Dylan's disappearance, maybe she should not talk to him and leave that to the professional investigators. MOO.

The only reason I pointed out that the statement came out of Mark's mouth and not LE's is that it is unknown whose idea it really was. Not that it matters that much.

As for the BBM< I agree.

If Mark had passed the poly, imo LE would have backed off of him as their POI.
That did not happen

I'm not following your post. They haven't named or cleared anyone as a POI yet have they? Can you clarify what you mean. Thanks.

I believe it might be that Mark told someone some of the things to write as some of it has that &#8220;talking around a subject&#8221; that happens when he speaks verbally. And that person does not have very good grammatical skills either, which convolutes a few things a little more. (unless it is all him which would explain that) I give him credit for saying something, rather than nothing. I have only these things to say about Mark&#8217;s statement:

On the positive:
"I will never give up"
Should have been said months ago, but it&#8217;s never too late.

&#8220;Dylan could be anywhere out there so PLEASE look at his picture and the face of every child you see his age to see if it could be Dylan.&#8221;
Best quote of the whole case, if you ask me, no matter who says it.

&#8220;To whom it may concern: I want you to live each day as it were your last. You can't run far enough or hide under any rock that can't be turned over.&#8221;
At least it feels angry at the right person: whomever is responsible for Dylan&#8217;s disappearance.

&#8220; I love you Dylan,&#8221;
Enough said.

On the negative:
&#8220;I feel more should be done anytime a child goes missing.&#8221;
This just leaves my jaw on the floor. It can not be more blame shifting.

&#8220;There are a few members of the community who continue to hamper the search efforts&#8221;
Why bring this up? How does it help? No specifications on what kind of hampering, or what can be done to fix the perceived problem. Is this worse than contributing little to search efforts? It is generic blame shifting.

&#8220;Although several attempts have been made, I would like to publicly invite Dylan's mother too mediation services being offered.&#8221;
BBM:Why bring this up? It comes across as petty and &#8220;Not my fault, not my fault&#8221;. Why publicly invite, why not just CALL her? Why not just show up at a search and talk to her?

To Cory:
&#8220;Regardless of the things you say or do I will always care.&#8221;
Why regardless? Why not just say that he loves him and hopes they can connect again? That his door will always be open? Why tell the son that you appear to want to reconnect with that even though he says lousy things, you still care. Telling someone they say lousy things doesn&#8217;t make them want to snuggle up. It wasn&#8217;t directed at me and I just wanted to flick away the pettiness of the person writing this.

IMO, it was close to being a good statement.....

I'm not following your post. They haven't named or cleared anyone as a POI yet have they? Can you clarify what you mean. Thanks.

Not in so many words, but by their actions, they have indicated some suspicion, imo. JMO Moo :moo:

Mark&#8217;s and Dylan&#8217;s interactions and activities within the community on November 18th and 19th, as well as tips related to persons, locations and sightings remain under investigation.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9070775&postcount=106"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Dylan Redwine *Media , Maps & Timelines*[/ame]

BBM

From March 19 press release

What? I must have missed LE stating he was a POI. Link?

Ok, well they've stated on FMDR that LE has not told them anything, so....?

LE has not stated in words that MR was their POI. At one time they seemed to be leaning in that direction, according to certain actions, but their recent inactivity leaves me uncertain.

I believe that Elaine has been given hints and clues from her communications with LE, but she would never say anything publicly or on FB. JMO :moo:

Not in so many words, but by their actions, they have indicated some suspicion, imo. JMO Moo :moo:

Come on. Why are you being so cryptic. What actions by LE make you believe Mark was and still is, at this time, their POI?

I get where you're coming from, but that's merely your opinion. LE's actions show me (IMO) that they haven't a clue. Of course there'd be some suspicion, MR was the last KNOWN person to see Dylan. Again, it's a potAto/potAHto kind of thing.

Come on. Why are you being so cryptic. What actions by LE make you believe Mark was and still is, at this time, their POI?

I am being cryptic because of TOS. I don't want anymore 'vacations.' :smile:

I don't know if he still is their POI, but at one time they seemed to be focusing on him. I am sure you remember the many pages of discussions we all had about this very question. The mods even opened up sleuthing him because of LE's seeming interest in him as well.

LE has not stated in words that MR was their POI. At one time they seemed to be leaning in that direction, according to certain actions, but their recent inactivity leaves me uncertain.

I believe that Elaine has been given hints and clues from her communications with LE, but she would never say anything publicly or on FB. JMO :moo:

I honestly respect you more than anyone I disagree with on this case. However, ER and Co. pretty much share anything and everything publicly that would cast MR in a negative light. If there was any inkling that LE has shared their suspicions of MR, it would have been written in the sky over CO.

MOO

I am certain that LE has his minute by minute timeline that he gave to the FBI and the Rangers. She can read that transcript to get that information, unless there is something he left out?

Katydid,
Thank you for this response. I was not aware of this.

I guess this is why people are stating that mediation is not necessary now, because Elaine already knows the details.

This helps me to move along.

I believe it might be that Mark told someone some of the things to write as some of it has that “talking around a subject” that happens when he speaks verbally. And that person does not have very good grammatical skills either, which convolutes a few things a little more. (unless it is all him which would explain that) I give him credit for saying something, rather than nothing. I have only these things to say about Mark’s statement:

On the positive:

Should have been said months ago, but it’s never too late.

Best quote of the whole case, if you ask me, no matter who says it.

At least it feels angry at the right person: whomever is responsible for Dylan’s disappearance.

Enough said.

On the negative:

This just leaves my jaw on the floor. It can not be more blame shifting.

Why bring this up? How does it help? No specifications on what kind of hampering, or what can be done to fix the perceived problem. Is this worse than contributing little to search efforts? It is generic blame shifting.

BBM:Why bring this up? It comes across as petty and “Not my fault, not my fault”. Why publicly invite, why not just CALL her? Why not just show up at a search and talk to her?

Why regardless? Why not just say that he loves him and hopes they can connect again? That his door will always be open? Why tell the son that you appear to want to reconnect with that even though he says lousy things, you still care. Telling someone they say lousy things doesn’t make them want to snuggle up. It wasn’t directed at me and I just wanted to flick away the pettiness of the person writing this.

IMO, it was close to being a good statement.....
After reading the multi quote of my posts from the other day, I can sympathize with Mark and the critiques of his letter.

I have only one question about your post. Does Marks letter in anyway prove that he is responsible for Dylan's disappearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seasonofthewolf