CO- Dylan Redwine's case discussed on Dr. Phil ONLY!- 2/26/13 ***SPOILERS***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching it now..EAstern Canada

IMO only an alcoholic would be able to drink 1/2 bottle of alcohol, sleep for less than 3 hours and then HAVE to tell that to the people they are talking to. In otherwords, to appear to be sober when the BAC is most likely up there.

The BBM are excuses to drink. It's one thing to drink when under stress, it's another to drink when under the stress you caused yourself. (you is general)

ETA - Stash, I was jumping off your post, I don't disagree with what you said and hope it didn't sound like that :)
So when Dylan first disappeared the stress of that wasn't t enough to stop him from taking the poly but Cory saying he hates him is.? I would imagine he already knew that.When MR was in the back room with DP and DP said he would help him if he had done something the look of guilt on MR face was very plain.And then he starts pulling at his neck and collar. Obvious too me.

He'll never forgive Cory. How can a father say that? Ever?

At this stage Cory won't care . All he wants is his brother home safe and sound . Mark can not hold functioning relationships with his children it seems .

My kids wanted to see the videos about this on the Dr. Phil website. My 13 year old son is really fascinating. While watching, he said:
  • If I were Dylan, I would not go off a long distance anywhere without calling, even if I were angry at one parent, because then the other parent would worry.
  • I might have went outside and goofed around. I might have gone to throw rocks off the bridge. But there is no way I would not be sitting there waiting for my ride. What kid would do that?
  • I might act like Dylan’s dad, because I don’t tell anyone what is bothering me, either, I keep it to myself and pretend like nothing is wrong.
  • Cory would know if Dylan planned to run away (my son is very close with his sister)
  • Dylan wouldn’t have gone fishing alone. He didn’t want to be alone, he wanted to be with his friends.
  • Why does Dylan’s dad keep bringing up things that have nothing to do with Dylan being gone?
  • Why doesn’t Dylan’s mom ask something else? Like “Did you have an argument with Dylan?” That’s what I would ask.
  • That dad did something. He’s lying about something. (When asked why he would think that, if he, himself, might act like Dylan’s father, the reply was “He can’t keep his story straight and he keeps bringing up other things. He doesn’t actually answer any questions. I do that when I know I’ve done something wrong and I don’t want to admit to it.”)
  • My son’s last words on the matter: I wish that dad would tell the truth. They might be looking for Dylan in the wrong place, like if they had an argument in the car and Dylan got out and his dad drove off trying to teach him a lesson, then came back and Dylan wasn’t there.

BTW-He runs around with only a hoodie, t-shirt and shorts in cold weather. And he's found out it's a mistake on several occasions:D

ETA: This was on part one (yesterday). If he has any interesting insights today, I'll post them.

IMO only an alcoholic would be able to drink 1/2 bottle of alcohol, sleep for less than 3 hours and then HAVE to tell that to the people they are talking to. In otherwords, to appear to be sober when the BAC is most likely up there.

The BBM are excuses to drink. It's one thing to drink when under stress, it's another to drink when under the stress you caused yourself. (you is general)
<snipped for space>

BBM Azgrandma I agree with you here. Especially when he started getting into specific amounts - it was half a bottle "but not the big bottle" and specifying it was a "pint" sized bottle. Maybe it's just me but in my experience people who drink quite a bit know things like the various bottle sizes very well. They IME typically also know what amount to tell others so that it sounds like "a little too much" but not "way too much." Given the stress MR was under and if he's had alcohol issues in the past, I'd be very surprised if he stopped at half of it even if he "only" had a pint sized bottle. All just my experience and opinion.

I'm so torn as to whether he drank intentionally to give himself an 'out' on the poly, or if he's got enough of an issue with alcohol that he truly felt like he had no choice when under that much stress. I suppose it doesn't matter that much since the end result was the same, no poly, but if he intentionally did it to dodge the poly it makes me even more concerned and suspicious.

Sign that there is a big problem with dad?? Dr Phil is more upset about this than he is.

Be easy on the comments about azgrandma. Azgrandma, if any posts make you feel uncomfortable, just send an alert and we'll take care of it for you.

It's a delicate situation and I know all of us want you to feel comfortable. :grouphug:

Thanks Kimster, I really don't mind the comments about how handsome my son is though :)

Totally IMO and based on my admittedly limited knowledge of human psychology, but the whole time MR was talking about ER yesterday I kept thinking about how you hear that people accuse others of the things that they themselves do/are/feel guilty about. We've heard in various places that MR has a history of being violent, quick to "snap," alcohol problem... all the things he accused ER of. Who knows, but I couldn't stop thinking about that. MOO.

I'm having those same thoughts. There is still 2 1/2 hours before it shows here, so I'm going off your summary (thank you so much for doing that!).

There is one thing the ex-gf said that stood out to me, though - about Dylan not wanting to get up. Did she elaborate on that at all (i.e. didn't want to get up early in the mornings, didn't want to get up later, slept all day on the couch)? Was it because he didn't want to be there, was he bored, did he not want to do what was planned for the day? Those last few questions are just my musings, not really looking for an answer - just kinda stuck out to me after seeing that both ER and CR stated that Dylan didn't really like going to MR's. All MOO.

The blame (somebody else) game continues. He blames polygrapher for not proceeding despite having told him he wasn't able to continue. Blames Dr. Phil for letting ER and C be mean to him. Always it's somebody else's fault, no matter what happens.

BBM Azgrandma I agree with you here. Especially when he started getting into specific amounts - it was half a bottle "but not the big bottle" and specifying it was a "pint" sized bottle. Maybe it's just me but in my experience people who drink quite a bit know things like the various bottle sizes very well. They IME typically also know what amount to tell others so that it sounds like "a little too much" but not "way too much." Given the stress MR was under and if he's had alcohol issues in the past, I'd be very surprised if he stopped at half of it even if he "only" had a pint sized bottle. All just my experience and opinion.

I'm so torn as to whether he drank intentionally to give himself an 'out' on the poly, or if he's got enough of an issue with alcohol that he truly felt like he had no choice when under that much stress. I suppose it doesn't matter that much since the end result was the same, no poly, but if he intentionally did it to dodge the poly it makes me even more concerned and suspicious.

I think he was well aware of what he was doing!
JMO

Up till this point I have been willing to give MR the benefit of doubt. After seeing this show, there's little doubt in my mind this child is gone. Makes me sick. JMO

6 miles?

My very athletic 13 year old would never walk 6 miles to a friends house! We're outside a small rural town. Plus I would never let her!

The postal worker said she saw 2 boys walking. I would think that would be easy to check with all his friends. Did you spend anytime with Dylan?

BBM: The only way this could be true is if this boy who was walking with Dylan actually killed him. Had he not, he would have come forward long ago to say he was with Dylan that day.

• How accurate is the polygraph?
[FONT=&quot] The latest research by the Department of Defense has shown a professionally administered, specific issue polygraph examination to be approximately 98% accurate.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] No. While blood pressure is one of the physiological reactions measured, it does not affect the accuracy of the test.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

• Will drugs or alcohol affect the accuracy of a polygraph test?
[FONT=&quot] Contrary to what many think, the use of drugs and/or alcohol will not assist someone to beat a polygraph test. Polygraph examiners utilize certain procedures during a polygraph test ensure that each person taking a test is responding naturally throughout the testing procedure. If you are taking any medication you need to inform the polygraph examiner prior to beginning the test. Physiological effects that drugs have on people are immediately seen in polygraph chart tracings. Irregular physiological recordings must be satisfactorily explained.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]Can a person's general nervousness cause them to fail a polygraph test?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] No. Everyone who submits to a polygraph is nervous but for many different reasons.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
http://www.behaviortestingandforensics.com/community.htm

BBM: The only way this could be true is if this boy who was walking with Dylan actually killed him. Had he not, he would have come forward long ago to say he was with Dylan that day.

And, let me add this - if there were ever 2 boys other than Dylan and someone else walking in that area that day at all, this most likely would have come out by now, too. So, either there were never 2 boys walking, or if there were and one was Dylan, that boy is responsible for what ever happened to Dylan.

"Her" is a woman that offered to do a raffle. He was saying that she was never called by the organizers of the searches, website, etc. But she was called and did not return the calls.

Ah thank you for clarifying Azgrandma!

Great, great job on the show! I was so impressed both with you and your son. You managed to stay so calm and provide such a solid, well thought out example - I couldn't help but say "go Az!!!"

lol sorry, it's been over for a bit but between trying to type and rewind on quotes to make sure I had them right, it took longer than the hour. :)

Thank you for all your work typing the on the fly updates. It's very helpful and much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman