Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #27 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Castlewood Canyon is a state park--I just can't imagine driving that far and paying admission? Evading the gates and the rangers and the locals? "Inbound gates are closed one hour prior to park closure; both gates are locked, promptly, at Sunset."

There is actually a route into the park off 86 that doesn't have a staffed ranger station. One could theoretically get in without paying and without seeing a ranger, but they do lock that one down at sunset too. There's also a ton of homes directly along that route in, and there's a good chance CPW keeps a camera around there too.

I think she'd be unlikely to choose Castlewood Canyon because it's so popular and patrolled as a state park. There's an entrance station and cameras and stuff. If I were up to something nefarious, a state park would be one of the last places I'd go.

That whole general area of 83 south of Franktown is definitely a possibility though. And they have searched around 83/105, and other south DougCo areas.

True... thanks. I haven't gone hiking there in years. I just wasn't sure if it's monitored in the winter the way it is in other parts of the year. I'll try and get the idea of Gannon lying there at the bottom of a canyon wall out of my head.

Tampering with a body doesn’t mean it was moved from the initial location.
Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 18-8-610.5 (2016)
(1) A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.
(2) Tampering with a deceased human body is a class 3 felony.
Well that is just horrifying but, I did see conceals. So it could just be that she hid him.

This is my problem. I don't understand how someone can say he is going to come home, and I am going to be owed an apology; knowing that he is dead. It boggles me. Is there still a possibility that she didn't do this?
But then I go back to the lies and the haunting videos. I'm just so lost.
And THAT is exactly the thought process she wants you to travel through.
When a person starts to question their better judgment, it's called gaslighting.

First Websleuths post! I am so glad this site exists and is based on facts! I have been a lurker for awhile, following other cases, but this case is just beyond disturbing. Gannon really is something special. I saw a drawing somewhere of Gannon with a cape and I thought it would be awesome to have an entire comic book series starring G-Man the boy hero saving the world from evil. If I could draw at all I would attempt it.

I was a little bit surprised she agreed to return to Colorado. I half expected her to fight extradition just to drag things out a little bit longer. I guess the SC jail is less comfy than she thinks CO will be.
I wouldn’t classify her as being cooperative. She’s still playing the victim card with “someone was supposed to contact my attorney and never did”, “I haven’t even spoken with an attorney”, etc and, in my opinion, playing naive. I have a very difficult time believing that she went into that hearing having absolutely no explanation of what to expect beforehand.

I think she'd be unlikely to choose Castlewood Canyon because it's so popular and patrolled as a state park. There's an entrance station and cameras and stuff. If I were up to something nefarious, a state park would be one of the last places I'd go.

That whole general area of 83 south of Franktown is definitely a possibility though. And they have searched around 83/105, and other south DougCo areas.
I agree with the area between 105 and 83 as the most likely scenarios versus the actual foothills.

It’s one huge game to TS. Smirking, pretending not to understand, evil glares and showing no remorse is her only way of hurting Gannon’s parents now. I’m starting to believe this ‘woman’ used Gannon as a tool to hurt his mother in the worst way she could possibly hurt her. She’s had an open hatred of LH from the start, she absolutely despises her. And she’s loving the game watching the heartbreak and devastation she’s caused. Wouldn’t surprise me if this gets to trial and we see her smirking and showing no interest or emotion there too. The only thing that matters to TS is getting one up on LH. MOO

That’s not true. They give her a Miranda warning. If she agrees to talk after that they can talk with her regardless as to whether there’s an attorney present.

Thanks. I think she can't stand the silence so she will say some things on the way back to CO, even though she was mirandized. She still would like to control the narrative as it is too painful to be out of control. She doesn't strike me as the type to take the window seat and silently watch the clouds. It is not her style.

I can think of no reason to need her to talk, if they have found him.

But not only that, it would never be done. It’s cruel to those who love Gannon and betrays the public trust. And it would be pretty much impossible to do to hide a discovery of that magnitude.

For some reason that possibility gets brought up a lot in cases but I have never once seen that happen.

How do you *know* that LE didn’t know?
If this was an assumption you made, what led you to this assumption?
Because I assume quite the opposite. I assume that they knew every step of the way where she was. Whether an EPC Sheriff was watching her here, or there, EPC requested that the local (Horrey cty?) please follow her, or perhaps the FBI made arrangements for their people to be in her. I assume she was very closely monitored.

ETA - In yesterday’s press conference, it was even stated that this case so far has required cooperation from other states. I assume that following her was part of that.
LE "knew" every step.......

I can think of no reason to need her to talk, if they have found him.
I don’t think LE lied. I don’t think they’ve found G. But the reason this poster might be getting at is that LS might say something incriminating (like she might mention some detail that proves that she knows some detail about the crime scene) before its released to the public where he’s found. But I don’t think that’s happening here IMO.

I'm thoroughly ashamed of myself this morning, and I regret yesterday's posts about the mugshot. I'm old enough to know better, and I stooped to a level that surprised myself.

I do think I wouldn't have gone down that path if LS weren't so obviously posing in many of her pictures, placing herself front and center, etc. I think many of us were itching to knock her down a peg or two.

Anyway, I apologize for not being more mature in those moments.

I really just want comfort for Gannon's family and I know it's not possible and the heartache leaves me feeling helpless. I think that brings out a lot of the primitive / immature feelings. It's akin to the mama bear instinct.
All my prayers for Al, Landen and sweet baby sisters. ❤

No apologies needed. We’ve all been there...done that. I believe that we were all punched in the gut even though we knew it was coming.

First Websleuths post! I am so glad this site exists and is based on facts! I have been a lurker for awhile, following other cases, but this case is just beyond disturbing. Gannon really is something special. I saw a drawing somewhere of Gannon with a cape and I thought it would be awesome to have an entire comic book series starring G-Man the boy hero saving the world from evil. If I could draw at all I would attempt it.
Welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member