Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #27 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is not petite IMO I find her a bit of a stocky build. That charge doesn't mean that she moved him necessarily. It can apply to concealing him. Dragging a person is easy. Or over your shoulder etc etc.
no she isn't small at all, ive weighed 112 my whole life but use to lift my 92 pound nephew all the time plus the cast on his leg, we are stronger then we look and sometimes then we even think we are especially when adrenaline is helping.

This is my problem. I don't understand how someone can say he is going to come home, and I am going to be owed an apology; knowing that he is dead. It boggles me. Is there still a possibility that she didn't do this?
But then I go back to the lies and the haunting videos. I'm just so lost.

Nah, she did it. She has way too many lies and ridiculous excuses at this point, to be innocent.

I was a little bit surprised she agreed to return to Colorado. I half expected her to fight extradition just to drag things out a little bit longer. I guess the SC jail is less comfy than she thinks CO will be.

I think people in the FB group were saying yesterday that it was an error and was actually 95 miles but I didn’t follow the thread for more info or evidence.
That would depend on where a mistake(s) was made.

The initial "5" had to be full miles, not tenths unless they forgot to include left of the decimal.

The "960" miles traveled could have been "96.0" but 96.0 - 5 = 91, not 95.5

I've a feeling that 960 was 960.

@Warwick7 nailed it- insolent.
She is the dominant one in her mind and that's her stance and the court is her servant.
I reckon she can keep this up for quite awhile.
Yes because it's who she is.
This is my problem. I don't understand how someone can say he is going to come home, and I am going to be owed an apology; knowing that he is dead. It boggles me. Is there still a possibility that she didn't do this?
Welcome.

Tampering with a body doesn’t mean it was moved from the initial location.
Universal Citation: CO Rev Stat § 18-8-610.5 (2016)
(1) A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.
(2) Tampering with a deceased human body is a class 3 felony.

I continue to think of Castlewood Canyon and it's between Monument and Castle Rock. I'm sure LE knows where to search and where not to search. I just wish I could get Castlewood Canyon out of my head.
Castlewood Canyon is a state park--I just can't imagine driving that far and paying admission? Evading the gates and the rangers and the locals? "Inbound gates are closed one hour prior to park closure; both gates are locked, promptly, at Sunset."

I continue to think of Castlewood Canyon and it's between Monument and Castle Rock. I'm sure LE knows where to search and where not to search. I just wish I could get Castlewood Canyon out of my head.

I think she'd be unlikely to choose Castlewood Canyon because it's so popular and patrolled as a state park. There's an entrance station and cameras and stuff. If I were up to something nefarious, a state park would be one of the last places I'd go.

That whole general area of 83 south of Franktown is definitely a possibility though. And they have searched around 83/105, and other south DougCo areas.

It was fascinating to me to watch her face, expression, mannerisms and her eyes as she was listening (not listening) to the Judge. You could see her trying to comprehend but I'm not sure she did. You could see the wheels turning as she was trying to spin her next response.

And we are back to the lawyer issue. Notice how someone else was supposed to get her a lawyer but they didn't do it so she still doesn't have one. Not her fault - lays the blame on somebody else.

It must have been absolutely brutal on anyone who lived with this woman. Ca you imagine living with someone like that?

She's in for a big shake up where she's headed. :)

MOO

I would assume that LE has not talked to her. They can’t without an attorney. She can sit overnight in jail until the cows come home without an attorney but LE can’t touch her

That’s not true. They give her a Miranda warning. If she agrees to talk after that they can talk with her regardless as to whether there’s an attorney present.

MOO

Wondering.... if HH maybe contacted LE and had a few things to relate regarding her mother's interactions with Gannon?

Or, was HH so shielded from her mother's behavior that she had no clue?

Whose idea was it for HH to join the military, thereby facilitating her being away from the house for significant periods?

I'm not sleuthing HH, just speculating.

MOO

(1) A person commits tampering with a deceased human body if, believing that an official proceeding is pending, in progress, or about to be instituted and acting without legal right or authority, the person willfully destroys, mutilates, conceals, removes, or alters a human body, part of a human body, or human remains with intent to impair its or their appearance or availability in the official proceedings.

For some reason, I vaguely remember it being fairly routine to charge with this in Colorado murder cases. Maybe I’m imagining it, but I swear I remember reading that. That the charge usually goes hand in hand with murder (unless, I assume, the body was left in easy public view)

I agree today. Something in the last thread a couple folks brought up that doesn’t sit well with me is still questioning Palmer Lake. I wanted to say why. From the springs to Denver everything in between is divided up in two parts East of I25 and West. Castle Rock is about 45 min from the springs and most of the town is built out on east side of the highway. Palmer Lake is pretty far west. I just don’t see her driving that far down 105 West (about 15 miles) to a completely frozen over pond. Trust me, it’s a pond. It’s open all the way around with houses lining the east side. Dogs are all over and even in the winter, people ice skate and Ice fish on it. There’s nowhere for her to dump a body around Palmer lake. Maybe that will help folks who are not local, understand the dynamics of the land around here. Praying today is the day the bring Gannon home.
BBM- Palmer Lake-- I am one of the ones kind of obsessed about this area. It's just a feeling I have.
I really appreciate you explaining the "lay of the Land" for this non-local as I now do not feel as strongly about it as I first did.
It really helps having locals in here to discuss and explain the surrounding area. :)

It’s the bravado of a sociopath. They’re used to manipulating and lying. And getting away with it.

It can include that though.

There was one point during the livestream where she kind of smiled/laughed/smirked/whatever (?) but I couldn’t hear what triggered it/what she was responding to? Was that where the judge told her he didn’t advise talking (which I also couldn’t hear but was told about and read about on here)?

I don’t recall.

As others have commented, it's the mindset of the psychopath. There are some excellent documentaries online--a British one in particular where the guy just flat out tells you how he as a teenager (? can't recall his age) murdered his younger brother--a horrible, violent, nasty death--as simply as he'd tell you how to make a sandwich. There's also a TED talk by a well-known neurosurgeon (? I can't remember the details) addressing how he found out through his own medical research that the psychopath in the family is . . . him. I've found these actual interviews, etc very very helpful to understanding how their minds with the missing emotional areas work (and I'm nothing but a basic layman in this arena).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tx-tinman