Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #27 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. It concerns me. I don't want there to be ANY reason this trial could be lost and she could go free cause of something like this.

(I'm about 20 pages behind so this has probably been discussed by now)

But I thought when you're arrested they read you your rights and tell you you have a right to an attorney.
She asked for one.

Often LE will read someone their rights if they are questioning someone at length (just in case). Also, if she is voluntarily giving statements to the press it's not considered a "police dominated" situation and therefore those statements are fair game to be used against her.

I'm curious what her rights are, being held for extradition without bond on such serious charges from another state. @gitana1, any other legal eagles, have a moment to enlighten us? I imagine she has the right to her own attorney (if she had the means and desire) but do the courts in SC have any obligation to provide her counsel? Could she theoretically do anything to try to stop her extradition at this point, by hiring a attorney to file a motion or something? TIA

Yes. It concerns me. I don't want there to be ANY reason this trial could be lost and she could go free cause of something like this.

(I'm about 20 pages behind so this has probably been discussed by now)

But I thought when you're arrested they read you your rights and tell you you have a right to an attorney.
She asked for one.

I was a bit nervous about that too this morning. She’s clearly angling that way with her choices of words to the judge today.

I suppose if she is referring to the date she moved his body or something along those lines. Good for her, she gets to be right. Right while she's painting herself into a corner.

Yes, this was my thinking as well. It's hard to listen to her annoying dribble, but I wish the judge would've let her keep talking! Maybe she was going to treat it like another "presser" where she cleared up some more "wrongs/misconceptions" that we all have!

I'm curious what her rights are, being held for extradition without bond on such serious charges from another state. @gitana1, any other legal eagles, have a moment to enlighten us? I imagine she has the right to her own attorney (if she had the means and desire) but do the courts in SC have any obligation to provide her counsel? Could she theoretically do anything to try to stop her extradition at this point, by hiring a attorney to file a motion or something? TIA
Yes she can fight extradition, only know this from a friend who murdered someone in a cold case and he did. I'm in CO, he was fighting extradition to CA, happened anyway of course.

BTW, someone posted yesterday about her past. Saying that T accused her husband's Army superior of rape. It was debunked and that resulted in them getting kicked off base.

Does anyone have more info on this? TIA.
LOL! I am not surprised. Narcissists often assume that others share in the admiration of themselves. Females especially, will presume a smile for flirting, friendliness for seduction and kindness for sexual desire. For them, rejection is a serious wound, and they WILL retaliate.

I caution LE and Corrections staff to avoid being in the same room alone with her. And for the exact reason a gynecologist is never alone with a patient during a pelvic exam.

Someone commented on the other thread about the possibility that she stole the designer handbags she was selling online. Online prostitutes get paid in handbags and quickly sell them for cash. This is the way they launder the dirty money. And married guys can use credit cards instead of cash to buy them gifts as a form of payment. Designer handbags are the most common form of payment for these high priced hookers.

Yes, this was my thinking as well. It's hard to listen to her annoying dribble, but I wish the judge would've let her keep talking! Maybe she was going to treat it like another "presser" where she cleared up some more "wrongs/misconceptions" that we all have!
He had her 'measure' as we say here before he ever laid eyes on her. I liked him.
#YoungLady.. well you are about to learn and i'm the one that is going to be teaching you.
Like it or lump. SDFU.
#Gerrout!
Appropriate.
Aced her.

Someone commented on the other thread about the possibility that she stole the designer handbags she was selling online. Online prostitutes get paid in handbags and quickly sell them for cash. This is the way they launder the dirty money. And married guys can use credit cards instead of cash to buy them gifts as a form of payment. Designer handbags are the most common form of payment for these high priced hookers.

Oh Lord....the things I learn while fighting for justice.

Just curious, she waived extradition and he said therefore he won't determine bond for her. Had she fought it, was it possible she could have gotten out on bail?

No bond per N.C.G.S. 15A-736

Unless the offense with which the prisoner is charged is shown to be an offense punishable by death or life imprisonment under the laws of the state in which it was committed, a judge or magistrate in this State may admit the person arrested to bail by bond, with sufficient sureties, and in such sum as he deems proper, conditioned for his appearance before him at a time specified in such bond, and for his surrender, to be arrested upon the warrant of the Governor of this State.

If she specifically asked for a lawyer, they should honor that and stop interrogating her. They can still detain her, set hearings for bond, extradition, etc. The legal process won’t stop because she didn’t ask for a lawyer, refused a public defender, or dithered about hiring a private defender.

I'm working, so no time to see if this was already posted. If it was, I apologize!
But I found it interesting to read what her co-worker thought of her. Not exactly shocking.
And she worked at a restaurant? I thought she was a teacher?
https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/n...3lh5g4-eOEqFWtkEsz9to9nC4HY9KuE371cfTfrgGw04M
Very interesting. Thanks for that. NOW people will start talking and giving background/personality info. No sane person would come forward (while a child was missing) until she was arrested. Here we go:

Christy Suggs’ intuition warned her about Stauch when the two worked together at the Giant Crab Seafood Restaurant on Myrtle Beach’s Restaurant Row in the summer of 2014.

“I never really liked her,” Suggs said from her Florida home.

Suggs, Stauch, their children and others also went to Disney World together on vacation. Suggs described Stauch on the trip as “selfish” and “self-absorbed.” Stauch ignored what her daughter wanted, demanding they do the things she wanted instead.

There was also a dinner where Suggs’ teenage daughter wanted to pay for herself. Stauch demanded to pay because she had a discount and told people how much they owed, Suggs recalled. The problem was the total was more than they owed even without the discount.

That led to an argument that included Stauch yelling and cursing at Suggs’ daughter.

“After we had that, I was done with her,” Suggs said.

Suggs stayed Facebook friends with Stauch and when Gannon went missing in January, the stepmom posted on social media.

“I went to work and I told them, ‘This is fishy,’” Suggs said.

Stauch often talked about being a “hero” by saving her husband from a failing marriage, Suggs said. When Gannon went missing, Suggs clung to a sliver of hope that he would be found because Stauch liked being that “hero.”

But, Suggs’ intuition knew it was unlikely that Gannon was still alive. That was confirmed with Stauch’s arrest.

“I knew it was coming,” Suggs said.

I swear she has to have been friends with Tammy Moorer...the coincidences are stunning. She's posting on boards about all of these lofty plans and dreams - just like Ole TamTam.
Ive thought this, too.
I can understand anger and rage toward a young, cute girl that my husband slept with. Hypothetical here, but still, I'm sure I'd be furious.
Not enough to pull a Tammy, but still.
But toward a CHILD? My stepson? That just boggles my mind. I.just.do.not.get.it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper