Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 #28 **ARREST**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"I don't anticipate that there will be anyone else arrested, but that's always a possibility," said Michael Allen with the D.A.'s office.
Letecia Stauch is set for a video advisement from the El Paso County Jail sometime in the next week or so. It'll be similar to what we saw in South Carolina Tuesday morning, but this time she'll learn her arrest charges.

Next, the D.A.'s office will file its formal charges in court.

Then, sometime in the next month or so, we'll learn the case details during a preliminary hearing. However, Allen says we might not have to wait that long to get more answers.

Allen says Letecia's lawyer will most likely unseal the arrest affidavit, revealing the reasons law enforcement took her into custody -- and that could happen any day now.

"As it stands right now, nobody can see it, including the defense when they get appointed. So, they will ask to have it unsealed so that they can have access to it," Allen said.

It won't be until after the preliminary hearing that Letecia Stauch will make her plea: guilty or not guilty.

Allen told KRDO, even without Gannon's body, the D.A.'s office is confident in its ability to prosecute the case.
What's next for Letecia Stauch, arrested for murder - KRDO

Oh I agree.
What other crimes has she committed from which she's escaped justice ?

We know about the bomb threats and the theft charges.
As well as taking money from her and AS' joint bank account and moving it into her own.
The assault allegations which were found to be false that resulted in LS and AS' expulsion from the military base.
The fact that she blamed Landen for harassment that resulted in her losing her job ? Claims that were proven to be false.
Something tells me that AS had to have started having doubts even then.

Has she (in her teaching position) hurt other children ?
Where has the money being removed from joint bank accounts and the false assault charges which resulted in expulsion from the military been reported? I have not seen this other than from rumors being posted by unverified sources on SM.

I had to take a break, so apologies if this has been addressed but I'm curious if the arrest warrant has been released?
TIA

Personal information promoted by Letecia Stauch, arrested in death of stepson, refuted by local school district

SFA:

Authorities declined to say how they connected Letecia Stauch to the boy's apparent death, and her arrest affidavit is under seal.

Stepmom of Gannon Stauch arrested in murder of missing Colorado Springs-area boy

SFA:

Authorities said Monday the boy's remains haven't been found and they declined to say how they connected Letecia Stauch to the boy's apparent death. Her arrest affidavit was sealed.

"I don't anticipate that there will be anyone else arrested, but that's always a possibility," said Michael Allen with the D.A.'s office.
Letecia Stauch is set for a video advisement from the El Paso County Jail sometime in the next week or so. It'll be similar to what we saw in South Carolina Tuesday morning, but this time she'll learn her arrest charges.

Then, sometime in the next month or so, we'll learn the case details during a preliminary hearing. However, Allen says we might not have to wait that long to get more answers.

Allen says Letecia's lawyer will most likely unseal the arrest affidavit, revealing the reasons law enforcement took her into custody -- and that could happen any day now.

"As it stands right now, nobody can see it, including the defense when they get appointed. So, they will ask to have it unsealed so that they can have access to it," Allen said.

It won't be until after the preliminary hearing that Letecia Stauch will make her plea: guilty or not guilty.

Allen told KRDO, even without Gannon's body, the D.A.'s office is confident in its ability to prosecute the case.
This in particular, warms my heart. I can’t wait to see how bad things are looking for her:

However, Allen says we might not have to wait that long to get more answers.

This in particular, warms my heart. I can’t wait to see how bad things are looking for her:

However, Allen says we might not have to wait that long to get more answers.

Can't wait.

Hopefully she gets that attorney in order, lol.

BBM
Exactly. The better question is, why when told a marriage is over would the response be to murder a child?
Yes, why ?

She had posted quite a bit in her social media about who had wronged her, and it seemed like things were headed to a boiling point.

So sad that Gannon and his little sister were objects of her wrath.
She may not have physically harmed the sister, but possibly emotionally and there had to have been sounds the sister heard or sights that frightened her !
In the video she is sucking on her thumb at one point and seems to be cowering under a blanket up to her shoulders.
Why did LS think this was a good idea to post this ?
The other social media sites were revealing in how this woman operated. :(

"Gannon, when you get here, you'll be able to truly tell happened. And then I really hope I get a sincere apology from everyone who made all those things, especially from my husband".
VIDEO: Letecia Stauch, stepmom of Gannon Stauch, spoke to 11 News on Jan. 31. She was arrested March 2

Four days after she killed Gannon ...
I still cannot grasp how a person, mother, wife, stepmother, daughter can get on national television and demand apologizes from the very people whose son she took away in such a horrific manner. Even though she didn’t have the b@lls to face the camera, she still stood up there and said she couldn’t wait until Gannon came home so everybody could tell her they were sorry, when she KNEW he would never because of what she did.

What a horrible human being with absolutely no care in the world but herself.

I still cannot grasp how a person, mother, wife, stepmother, daughter can get on national television and demand apologizes from the very people whose son she took away in such a horrific manner. Even though she didn’t have the b@lls to face the camera, she still stood up there and said she couldn’t wait until Gannon came home so everybody could tell her they were sorry, when she KNEW he would never because of what she did.

What a horrible human being with absolutely no care in the world but herself.

No idea how someone can do that, we are talking a dead child. Do these people convince themselves of another reality? Did she for a second think he wasn't dead?

Can't wait.

Hopefully she gets that attorney in order, lol.

@GoJacks, you up for any more trips to the courthouse in the not-too-distant future?

Your on-scene reporting was invaluable during the Frazee trial.

Rumor has it @MassGuy still has some (lightly used) Taco Bell gift cards left over from Christmas.

I'm sure he'd be willing to contribute them to cover your meals on days you attend court.

Also, I can furnish (forged) doctor's notes for your employer excusing you from work, if that will help.

JMO.

Last edited:

bbm
Thanks, imstilla.grandma !

Re. the bolded : That's interesting.
Speculation : Can people be arrested and charged if they, say, took and hid Gannon's electronics, bloody clothing, tools or anything that would have his dna on it ?

If he was vomiting and after his death LS took (what she would term 'Gannons' mess' :( ) rugs or anything from the house and told a family member of her to dispose of it -- would they be at risk of being charged if they knew it was connected to Gannon and didn't call LE ?
I'm assuming the answer is 'yes'.
But I wanted to ask it to be sure !

SBM, BBM

Does this mean she may not know why she was arrested? I'm just trying to understand... Don't they have to clue a person in a little as they make an arrest? Wouldn't the arrest warrant list the charges, and wouldn't she be allowed to read it?

I mean part of me is wondering if she's sitting there wondering if this is all about an expired license or an unpaid ticket (just examples). Surely not, right? I assume it's just an official reading of the charges that the article references, but does anyone know for sure?

I dread reading the affidavit once it's unsealed.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member