Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They can work to earn money for their books.
Not in County. Uh uh, about the best you can do there is get a trustee position within the pod and that’s rare especially for fresh fish. Once you’re sentenced, you’ll enter the prison correctional system. Whole different animal. More rehab available. Work programs. Counseling, Structure. Funding. Social groups. County sucks!

I think tomorrow is a possibility, but there’s no telling.

The fact that Gannon is still missing makes it impossible to predict whether or not it will remain sealed.

I sure hope we see it soon, as it will answer a lot of questions.
@MassGuy will we still get to see this affidavit, if her attorney has lodged a petition to close the court?? And do you think they will be successful in that petition when this has been such public case involving a child??

It will be highly interesting if we do find out she drove the rental to Kansas as some people thought was possible earlier. Would make the rest stop in that exact place a lot more calculating than we thought. Imagine if she did and she is sitting there now, would being driving her crazy wondering if LE were playing her!

MOO

Last edited:
It will be highly interesting if we do find out she drove the rental to Kansas as some people thought was possible earlier. Would make the rest stop in that exact place alot more calculating than we thought. Imagine if she did and she is sitting there now, would being driving her crazy wondering if LE were playing her!

MOO

Oh, I hope the bring her back along the path they believe she took! She can't stop herself talking! MOO

edited, because apparently I can't do quotes correctly :-(

I
I've struggled with this too, but what makes me lean towards her ending his life away from home is the multiple explanations she's had about the video and what happened during the video timeframe. More than any other visual evidence we've seen, she doesn't have a solid consistent pre-emptive statement about the hours of 10:15am-2:15pm. IMO that means she's doing what narcissists do and trying to explain away something and feeling entitled to being believed. There's no reason an innocent person would not jump in front of that story with a solid, believable, verifiable, and unchanging explanation of what happened.

I think thats because she was tracked somehow on Monday that she didnt anticipate and got flustered. She knew not to bring her phone, but she was still tracked. Maybe Al's truck, her watch, traffic lights. Something. I think she's flustered over that part. The video is interesting and she was confused about it, but I think that was because it couldnt actually be video from that day. Its really the only time she has shut up and I think thats because that video could potentially look better for her than actual video of her loading up boards at night in the garage. Chris Watts loaded the truck up in the garage too. He was aware of the cameras. I think she would be too.

The other issue I have and this is not a witch hunt against Roderrick at all. But he found the video 6 days later. I find that to be an incredible amount of time for a man with his own young kids to not closely look at video. Is the story really that LE knew the neighbor had cameras and didnt look at the footage themselves for 6 whole days? I mean its not that far to rewind. Gannon goes missing at 3 and no one goes back not even LE 5 hours from his disappearance? It sounds incredible. Especially when MSM reported today in a timeline that 2 days after Gannon went missing a source told a reporter that they believed TS was the suspect. I dont believe that R is lying maliciously and i have no idea if he's just mistaken or what. I dont believe it accurate that the tape is from that day. There is no timestamp either

@MassGuy will we still get to see this affidavit, if her attorney has lodged a petition to close the court?? And do you think they will be successful in that petition when this has been such public case involving a child??

Her attorney apparently made several requests, and there’s no guarantee the judge will grant any of them.

The prosecution will respond to the defense, and the judge will ultimately rule.

What cannot and will not happen, is the court being closed to the public, and reporters covering the case.

In the Frazee trial, the affidavit was delayed until the day of the preliminary hearing, which was held 2 months after he was charged. There were a special set of circumstances there, so that may or may not happen here (a missing child is it’s own special circumstance though).

During that hearing, there were no cameras allowed. The judge did allow reporters to live tweet from the courtroom however.

Worst case scenario here, is I think the same things happen.

Her attorney apparently made several requests, and there’s no guarantee the judge will grant any of them.

The prosecution will respond to the defense, and the judge will ultimately rule.

What cannot and will not happen, is the court being closed to the public, and reporters covering the case.

In the Frazee trial, the affidavit was delayed until the day of the preliminary hearing, which was held 2 months after he was charged. There were a special set of circumstances there, so that may or may not happen here (a missing child is it’s own special circumstance though).

During that hearing, there were no cameras allowed. The judge did allow reporters to live tweet from the courtroom however.

Worst case scenario here, is I think the same things happen.

Yeah, like in the Chris Watts case.

That vehicle was rented after Gannon disappeared, which means there should be absolutely no trace of him inside.

I’m sure they would have run dogs through it, but they would not rely on that.

Blood, hair, other body fluids; something would have to corroborate anything hit on by cadaver dogs.

I think this is the most likely explanation. That’s exactly why I’m dying to see the arrest affidavit.
I guess I dont see her being able to maneuver him post mortem. Not in a Kia and not without being afraid of getting caught. After she alerted the police, she had no leeway to dick around and find places. The pressure on the city to find Gannon would have upped the risk. And I realize some people will find this really offensive, so I apologize in advance. Gannon would have been incredibly difficult to move from rigor and maybe frozen. It adds to the difficulty.

I

I think thats because she was tracked somehow on Monday that she didnt anticipate and got flustered. She knew not to bring her phone, but she was still tracked. Maybe Al's truck, her watch, traffic lights. Something. I think she's flustered over that part. The video is interesting and she was confused about it, but I think that was because it couldnt actually be video from that day. Its really the only time she has shut up and I think thats because that video could potentially look better for her than actual video of her loading up boards at night in the garage. Chris Watts loaded the truck up in the garage too. He was aware of the cameras. I think she would be too.

The other issue I have and this is not a witch hunt against Roderrick at all. But he found the video 6 days later. I find that to be an incredible amount of time for a man with his own young kids to not closely look at video. Is the story really that LE knew the neighbor had cameras and didnt look at the footage themselves for 6 whole days? I mean its not that far to rewind. Gannon goes missing at 3 and no one goes back not even LE 5 hours from his disappearance? It sounds incredible. Especially when MSM reported today in a timeline that 2 days after Gannon went missing a source told a reporter that they believed TS was the suspect. I dont believe that R is lying maliciously and i have no idea if he's just mistaken or what. I dont believe it accurate that the tape is from that day. There is no timestamp either
Makes no difference to me.

Why? Because RD is my hero!

In some states and certain circumstances, they may be able to file for victim's assistance to help pay for that. From what I understand, though, those programs are very limited and have strict guidelines about what they'll cover.

CO has Victim's Compensation Fund that reimburses up to $30K. Homeowner will have a small window of time to file a claim.

Victim Compensation

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200304-231919_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200304-231919_Samsung Internet.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 14
I guess I dont see her being able to maneuver him post mortem. Not in a Kia and not without being afraid of getting caught. After she alerted the police, she had no leeway to dick around and find places. The pressure on the city to find Gannon would have upped the risk. And I realize some people will find this really offensive, so I apologize in advance. Gannon would have been incredibly difficult to move from rigor and maybe frozen. It adds to the difficulty.
A stiff body doesn’t get heavier though, and rigor can be broken (I don’t think that would have been necessary).

I too am struggling with her moving him, and I agree with your reasoning.

What I can’t get past though, is I can’t think of another likely reason how they were able to justify the murder charge (prove that Gannon was dead).

She rented that car for a reason, and it just has to have served some purpose here.

I

Respectfully, I disagree completely there. I'll start with RD:

LS dictated a timeline that everyone believed until they saw she was a little off. Most of the neighbors didn't even know she was a step mom. RD had no reason to question the narrative for several days. We're lucky he did, and there's no reason I've seen to discount the guy for any reason, although I admit I've seen it out there on the interwebs.

For the video, just the selfie picture story is enough to question her. But then we have her shopping story, getting lost at exit 163, a shadow but then OH I DIDN'T EVEN PARK THERE. It's not being flustered about a video, it's being flustered about the walls closing in. If I was her and innocent, these details would have been in the police hands immediately, and definitely in the media hands by interview time lest anyone focus on me instead of my stepchild running away. When speculation comes around about some detail days later, they'd say "jvikes actually covered that in his initial statement". And this doesn't even question her other tall tales outside the video timeframe.

If she put his body in some sort of “container”, he would have been much easier to move later. However, if he was/is found, how does that play into “he ran away”? Just thinking... did she or did she not conceal his body. I imagine it would be very difficult to move him once decomposition started.

Not in County. Uh uh, about the best you can do there is get a trustee position within the pod and that’s rare especially for fresh fish. Once you’re sentenced, you’ll enter the prison correctional system. Whole different animal. More rehab available. Work programs. Counseling, Structure. Funding. Social groups. County sucks!
In the CBI interview with Chris Watts there werent classes bc it was a life no parole place. She might end up in one of those. So he did the natural thing a man that murders his entire family does, he decided to try to be a chaplain. The guy who never apologized for any of it was going to go talk to prisoners about forgiveness. That amazed me. Wow Chris youve been here less than a year and in the 12 steps program for murderers, youre done? Forgiveness is checked off?

Letecia Stauch is a great person for a lawyer to defend and make a name from. She is an attractive woman so she will get sympathy points leading to a reduced sentenced or get off completely. Shoot for some kind of man slaughter charge and get paroled in 5 years or if the prosecutions case is weak fight it completely.
Sympathy points after viewing and reading her media interviews? She has made herself anything BUT sympathetic - and we have yet to hear the evidence. Her back to the camera statement that she can’t wait for G to come home SO THAT EVERYONE WILL THEN APOLOGIZE TO HER was mind bending. Neighbors will testify as to how much she helped search, what she said when he went missing, and her conflicting lies to the public and media have been most impressive in showing consciousness of guilt. I find the evidence already to be strong and we do not know the half of it yet.

Nobody will want her case pro bono - it will only make them look foolish. She is a nightmare client who did half the prosecution’s job for them already in her public statements before she was ever arrested. Her credibility is shot. And we have not even yet seen the body cam and interview room footage and audio that I am willing to bet will make a liar of her yet again with her claims of her civil rights being violated left and right. MOO.

I am not worried at all about her conviction. This is the same county that did an amazing and professional job in the recent Berreth / Frazee case. The FBI has been involved for most of this time. For them to have arrested this quickly, I think there is much more we have yet to find out. Also remember there was another child and a teenager in that house the Sunday night she herself produced video and audio of a horrendous event - they have been interviewed. I believe she will be caught in so many lies we will lose count. I know I already have just from contradictions in her own public statements alone.

I have always believed the tape of them leaving is wrong. Does the murder charge without a body sway anyone more towards the tape being wrong?

I feel stronger on this point because if the argument is that LE has enough evidence he has passed away, that most likely came from the home. I feel like you can't have it both ways. If he died at home and there was substantial evidence which I think there is due to a large volume of blood, then there was substantial evidence he passed away at home.

If LE believes the video and states he was alive and then was murdered somewhere on the long errand period of 10-2, then there needs to be substantial evidence in a different place and I dont think there is. You can't say we are sure he's dead and TS killed him, with only the evidence at home. The evidence wouldnt be sufficient to have killed him if he was able to walk and leave the home. You can't say well he looked wobbly or whatever the neighbor said so the blood in the home was enough to kill him, but it didnt. It killed him later, but we have no body either.

I might not be explaining myself clearly bc Im a bit tired. Theres also the board issue. Where are the boards being loaded? I would assume if we saw video of the correct day that TS would load the boards into the truck when it was pulled up into the garage. She's not going to drag boards out to the street and then back in and get Gannon.

I realize I can't explain why the video is put out there when its inaccurate (per my theory), but even with the video of them leaving I can't wrap my mind around Gannon being injured Sunday so severely that the volume of blood was found, then risking going out with a very injured child in broad daylight for up to 4 hours. We also know she had to have removed the boards from the house by the point that she called the police just bc we know she got rid of them and I doubt she kept them knowing she had to call the police later

Anyone have any ideas on this?

BBM:

You've lost me.
I don't understand what you mean when you say "the tape of them leaving is wrong."

I think LE has looked at the totality of the evidence they've obtained from multiple locations and concluded based on everything they know and have that GS is dead and that TS is guilty of having murdered him.

We simply don't know yet, and probably won't know until we see the arrest affidavit, what evidence LE has that led them to conclude that GS is dead.

As to the board(s) issue, I think she may have loaded some of the evidence into the truck late on Sunday night or in the very early hours of Monday morning, while it was still dark out.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member