Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I think thats because she was tracked somehow on Monday that she didnt anticipate and got flustered. She knew not to bring her phone, but she was still tracked. Maybe Al's truck, her watch, traffic lights. Something. I think she's flustered over that part. The video is interesting and she was confused about it, but I think that was because it couldnt actually be video from that day. Its really the only time she has shut up and I think thats because that video could potentially look better for her than actual video of her loading up boards at night in the garage. Chris Watts loaded the truck up in the garage too. He was aware of the cameras. I think she would be too.

The other issue I have and this is not a witch hunt against Roderrick at all. But he found the video 6 days later. I find that to be an incredible amount of time for a man with his own young kids to not closely look at video. Is the story really that LE knew the neighbor had cameras and didnt look at the footage themselves for 6 whole days? I mean its not that far to rewind. Gannon goes missing at 3 and no one goes back not even LE 5 hours from his disappearance? It sounds incredible. Especially when MSM reported today in a timeline that 2 days after Gannon went missing a source told a reporter that they believed TS was the suspect. I dont believe that R is lying maliciously and i have no idea if he's just mistaken or what. I dont believe it accurate that the tape is from that day. There is no timestamp either

But he found the video 6 days later. I find that to be an incredible amount of time for a man with his own young kids to not closely look at video. Is the story really that LE knew the neighbor had cameras and didnt look at the footage themselves for 6 whole days? I mean its not that far to rewind.

Solid question that gets glossed over. I'm not a detective, but I watch crime shows on TV and stuff, and this seems like Investigation 101 course material. LE should have had that tape and analyzed it on Tuesday.

There may be an explanation for this, we'll have to wait and see.

ETA- was going to bed but came back thinking about this. Seriously? Of course LE had this video, it's a missing kid and a this is a video from a next door neighbor of a boy that nobody saw leave the house.

Unusual, but LE must have asked RD to release the tape, in case LS would react. Oops, meant to say- because LE knew LS would react.

Was LS playing Checkers while LE was playing Chess?

ETA2- RD also chose to mention to the media AS's reaction to the video. Not necessarily the best course of action when dealing with a grieving father, who may still be dealing with LS.

Last edited:
A stiff body doesn’t get heavier though, and rigor can be broken (I don’t think that would have been necessary).

I too am struggling with her moving him, and I agree with your reasoning.

What I can’t get past though, is I can’t think of another likely reason how they were able to justify the murder charge (prove that Gannon was dead).

She rented that car for a reason, and it just has to have served some purpose here.
I saw (youtube) a really good summary of the cost of parking at the airport, 'rental gas' cost and rental vs just using her car or walking door to door.
I'd go a step further to say I doubt the parent of a missing child would be kept to the terms of the lease if mileage were an issue. JMO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I think tomorrow is a possibility, but there’s no telling.

The fact that Gannon is still missing makes it impossible to predict whether or not it will remain sealed.

I sure hope we see it soon, as it will answer a lot of questions.
I think we'll find out based on that 3 part article, that they found a circular blood stain in Gannon's bedroom and based on the blood lost, that he would die without medical attention. The bloody 2x4 will be used as supporting evidence along with whatever they found by the bloody 2x4. I think this will be one of the weakest no body prosecution cases in history.
Not only have we not seen the arrest affidavit (to reach any conclusion), but clearly you aren’t familiar with Dan May.

He doesn’t move if he doesn’t have the goods, and he always gets his man.

Just ask Patrick Frazee.

Patrick Frazee they had a witness spoon feeding them what happened. It was similar to the John Ortiz-Kehoe trial. They found stuffed where he destroyed the body and an eye witness same as the Kehoe trial. This case I can't think of anything similar to it I think there evidence weaker than the Fotis Dulos case and any other case using blood analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
I

I think thats because she was tracked somehow on Monday that she didnt anticipate and got flustered. She knew not to bring her phone, but she was still tracked. Maybe Al's truck, her watch, traffic lights. Something. I think she's flustered over that part. The video is interesting and she was confused about it, but I think that was because it couldnt actually be video from that day. Its really the only time she has shut up and I think thats because that video could potentially look better for her than actual video of her loading up boards at night in the garage. Chris Watts loaded the truck up in the garage too. He was aware of the cameras. I think she would be too.

The other issue I have and this is not a witch hunt against Roderrick at all. But he found the video 6 days later. I find that to be an incredible amount of time for a man with his own young kids to not closely look at video. Is the story really that LE knew the neighbor had cameras and didnt look at the footage themselves for 6 whole days? I mean its not that far to rewind. Gannon goes missing at 3 and no one goes back not even LE 5 hours from his disappearance? It sounds incredible. Especially when MSM reported today in a timeline that 2 days after Gannon went missing a source told a reporter that they believed TS was the suspect. I dont believe that R is lying maliciously and i have no idea if he's just mistaken or what. I dont believe it accurate that the tape is from that day. There is no timestamp either
You do not believe when the reporter for an MSM news show obtained a video of this footage that they at that moment view the time and date when it was on his tv? Of course they did. They have a duty to do some basic due diligence, particularly if it is right in front of them. Moreover, LE said they do not dispute it when asked about the video. We have no reason at all to be suspicious of this neighbor. MOO

is there any reason other than the unconfirmed shopping trip (and LS later stating they went to castle rock ) to believe that they would have gone north during the 4 hour trip. with no cell, maybe realizing she forgot to take off her apple watch and dropping it at a store while she finds a location ... just thinking out loud here... at other options...

there had to be gps or video of LS in the douglas county area, true. just considering perhaps evidence was found during cleanup monday night, stored in suv overnight, brought to airport and then transferred to rental car, which was used to dispose before AS landed or prior to dropping off car and that’s why she was late to return.

surely the highway cams would have caught the red truck. i guess i’m just looking for other angles.

If she really did drive the rental 960 miles, maybe she was planning on running, probably back to SC, and for some reason something made her change her mind and turn around. Maybe her cards or bank account were frozen and she couldn’t access money for gas. Or maybe the rental company GPSs the car and contacted her detecting the distance usage. Or maybe she spotted police following her and didn’t want to be hauled in for fleeing or considered a fugitive from justice.

Last edited:
Her attorney apparently made several requests, and there’s no guarantee the judge will grant any of them.

The prosecution will respond to the defense, and the judge will ultimately rule.

What cannot and will not happen, is the court being closed to the public, and reporters covering the case.

In the Frazee trial, the affidavit was delayed until the day of the preliminary hearing, which was held 2 months after he was charged. There were a special set of circumstances there, so that may or may not happen here (a missing child is it’s own special circumstance though).

During that hearing, there were no cameras allowed. The judge did allow reporters to live tweet from the courtroom however.

Worst case scenario here, is I think the same things happen.
Thanks MG...
Can the Prosecution add anything to the Affidavit once it has been opened??? Like an additional attachment?

It seems amazing that the Prosecution has to lay all of their cards on the table before the trial starts....and the Defence knows ahead of time what is going to be brought up.....A very different system over here.... they just state the charges..I haven't followed a US case before so thanks for explaining.....

CO has Victim's Compensation Fund that reimburses up to $30K. Homeowner will have a small window of time to file a claim.

Victim Compensation

Yup! Unfortunately I don't know whether or not they'll qualify for a dime through that because they only cover some very specific things in certain circumstances.

I don't want anyone to assume they're getting help that they probably won't.

Last edited:
She didn’t have to kill him at the house for a murder charge to stick. It looks to me like he left alive and he didn’t return. She could have easily poisoned him with medicine, and drove around until it took effect. Sorry to be graphic. Hate to think about that, but it is what I suspected the second I saw him walk out. He looked injured and maybe subdued.

I think the rental car was used after the fact to move him, and she knew they were already on to her. I think the reason they spent so much time in the same search area was because they found the evidence of him there after the Apple Watch led the straight to the spot. She admitted he was with her in that area “lost” just a few hours before he went missing. If she had hours of unaccounted for time and miles on Tuesday -Wednesday, they have been building a no body case because she might be the only one who can resolve this. And I bet that’s the one thing she won’t do.

Also, I also think there’s no way in hell this DA would have been in a hurry to arrest her without sufficient evidence to put her away for life.

Just my opinion.

Sympathy points after viewing and reading her media interviews? She has made herself anything BUT sympathetic - and we have yet to hear the evidence. Her back to the camera statement that she can’t wait for G to come home SO THAT EVERYONE WILL THEN APOLOGIZE TO HER was mind bending. Neighbors will testify as to how much she helped search, what she said when he went missing, and her conflicting lies to the public and media have been most impressive in showing consciousness of guilt. I find the evidence already to be strong and we do not know the half of it yet.

Nobody will want her case pro bono - it will only make them look foolish. She is a nightmare client who did half the prosecution’s job for them already in her public statements before she was ever arrested. Her credibility is shot. And we have not even yet seen the body cam and interview room footage and audio that I am willing to bet will make a liar of her yet again with her claims of her civil rights being violated left and right. MOO.

I am not worried at all about her conviction. This is the same county that did an amazing and professional job in the recent Berreth / Frazee case. The FBI has been involved for most of this time. For them to have arrested this quickly, I think there is much more we have yet to find out. Also remember there was another child and a teenager in that house the Sunday night she herself produced video and audio of a horrendous event - they have been interviewed. I believe she will be caught in so many lies we will lose count. I know I already have just from contradictions in her own public statements alone.

I agree. Between Dan May and Gannon’s mom (who will surely fight to ensure justice is served), TS’ reign of terror is over. Her gaslighting, narcissistic ways are not going to work with anyone anymore. MOO.

Last edited:
Believe it or not you

I think we'll find out based on that 3 part article, that they found a circular blood stain in Gannon's bedroom and based on the blood lost, that he would die without medical attention. The bloody 2x4 will be used as supporting evidence along with whatever they found by the bloody 2x4. I think this will be one of the weakest no body prosecution cases in history.
BBM:

We heard pretty much this exact same lament on the Kelsey thread from a few posters before Frazee's trial.

And we all know how that one turned out.

The prosecution's case against Frazee was a tsunami…wave after wave of utterly damning evidence kept crashing in over his head in that courtroom.

It was staggering to see the mountain of evidence that DA May had collected.

Dan May does not assemble "weak" cases.

This DA will not bring charges against TS unless he has every confidence in the prosecution's ability to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she murdered GS.

For that reason, I do not share your concern.

At all.

JMO.

Last edited:
Thanks MG...
Can the Prosecution add anything to the Affidavit once it has been opened??? Like an additional attachment?

It seems amazing that the Prosecution has to lay all of their cards on the table before the trial starts....and the Defence knows ahead of time what is going to be brought up.....A very different system over here.... they just state the charges..I haven't followed a US case before so thanks for explaining.....
The affidavit only needs to contain enough evidence to justify the charges.

At the preliminary hearing, the prosecution’s job is to convince a judge that there is enough evidence to move forward to trial. So everything in the affidavit will be discussed, but typically a hell of a lot more than that (witnesses are typically called too).

There is a discovery process, where the defense will be privy to everything the prosecution has. So there are no secrets before trial.

A stiff body doesn’t get heavier though, and rigor can be broken (I don’t think that would have been necessary).

I too am struggling with her moving him, and I agree with your reasoning.

What I can’t get past though, is I can’t think of another likely reason how they were able to justify the murder charge (prove that Gannon was dead).

She rented that car for a reason, and it just has to have served some purpose here.

Oh I agree with the rental car being used for something. It could be to keep her lie of the miles since her car was at the airport. She may have had some evidence from the house or something and she needed that car out of the way. She could then use the "non trackable" gps car to go to the airport. I just dont think the car has to be used for moving Gannon. I think she had already done that. It could be simple like she forgot the Switch and that was part of the story so she got it out and put it in her car. She could ditch smaller things like that hidden in the white car like in the spare tire thing and then go back and ditch that later.

The video being wrong which I thought before convinces me more. I just think she would pull the truck in for all of it. Even if Gannon was alive but injured. She wouldnt want a neighbor to see him. She could just back in with the boards ask Gannon to hop in and then take off. If he wasnt alive then they are just using the amount of blood found in the home. A teacup sized puddle is a lot. and its probably related to what happened that made her fury on Sunday. She said something like "well thats why I freaked out" to Gannon, seemingly trying to justify whatever action happened prior and Im going to go out on a limb and assume it was abuse not yelling.

But he found the video 6 days later. I find that to be an incredible amount of time for a man with his own young kids to not closely look at video. Is the story really that LE knew the neighbor had cameras and didnt look at the footage themselves for 6 whole days? I mean its not that far to rewind.

Solid question that gets glossed over. I'm not a detective, but I watch crime shows on TV and stuff, and this seems like Investigation 101 course material. LE should have had that tape and analyzed it on Tuesday.

There may be an explanation for this, we'll have to wait and see.
I see your point but that would be on LE, not the neighbor if indeed footage was not watched or overlooked from that day early on. It would be IMO incumbent on LE themselves to get access to the any footage actually trained on the house - not a citizen’s job to think of going back to earlier times because he should not trust his neighbor’s word as to when their son left the house (as a runaway, no less). MOO

ETA: I commend the neighbor for doing his own sleuthing of his footage. Not sure about whether he should have shared it with media, but he had the right to do so and perhaps thought the public should know. We can’t know that part, but I am thankful for all the neighbors who went above and beyond to help.

that angers me, we have a right to be there, camera in the courtroom, or THERE physically i bet they have a lottery on who gets in as observers.

It's pretty standard here that all devices are required to be turned off and secret hearings are held with no public access.

sooo re:the rental car there was a neighbour who flew a drone over the neighbourhood on january 28 and he uploaded them to youtube. his name can be found in this article 'Anything I Can Do To Help': Drone Pilot Helps Search For Missing 11-Year-Old Gannon Stauch if someone was to look at the second video at about 8 minutes in. it could show what cars were in the driveway. i can’t tell the time because i’m not from the city so i don’t know what the shadows would look like for the sunrise/set maybe a local ? could shed a lot more light re probability of 960 miles.

I have always believed the tape of them leaving is wrong. Does the murder charge without a body sway anyone more towards the tape being wrong?
Anyone have any ideas on this?

RSBM
What do you mean by wrong/inaccurate? I can see how maybe it’s misleading if G did in fact return to the house, but it’s not like it got edited to depict something completely different, so I don’t think I’d call it wrong. LE may not have wanted it out there anyway. It’s likely they have additional footage that adds clarity to whether he returned or not, but seemingly they felt releasing that wouldn’t be productive.

I struggle with it too though. How could there be such blood evidence at the house if he weren’t killed there? There’s the possibility that he actually did return and she left with his body later. Perhaps the evidence at the house suggested he could not have survived without medical care and knowing that he didn’t receive that, they can conclude he’s deceased but the death didn’t necessarily happen quickly/at the home.

I’m leaning toward the board being 18-24” long and it having left in that bag she put in the truck. It’s also possible there was lumber in the bed of the truck and it didn’t get bloodied until they were in the woods. Ugh, how awful.

There’s definitely lots of pieces to this puzzle that we’re missing. But it seems that LE has them, thank goodness!

Yup! Unfortunately I don't know whether or not they'll qualify for a dime through that because they only cover some very specific things in certain circumstances.

IMO, but AS wasn't the home owner so his personal belongings are separate from a home owner claim. The owner/landlord may not actually have that much damage here. Maybe a carpet replacement, which honestly, may not be recoverable due to normal wear and tear (carpet and paint usually hard to recoup replacement costs on). If there was enough bio matter that required a special hazmat cleanup, then they may be in claim territory. But I feel like if that was the case, they wouldn't have allowed family in there or would have marked it as a crime scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnootWolf02