Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe she "just snapped." From her statements and past behavior I'm thinking she was verbally abusive towards everyone.

She did not hesitate to criticize LE and bash Gannon's mother in her first interview, knowing full well what she had done to him. It may have started as emotional abuse, but I think at some point it escalated to violence. After all, she does have a record of assault.

She seemed to resent Gannon, even to the point of publicly humiliating him even after what she had done to him.
I can only imagine how she treated him in those two years that she lived with them.

She's never shown any remorse or empathy this entire time. It takes a certain type of person to do what she did. She didn't just become a horrible person overnight.

Imo

We just rewatched "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" in TS's honor. I agree with you about the possibility of constant psychological/verbal abuse (given what we've seen of her so far) but in her video she seems to be trying to show the recipient (probably AS) that she's calm. Her tone with AS may have been quite different.

She really really didn't like Gannon.

Who leaves their phone at home when they leave the house for any length of time, let alone 4 hours?

I don’t believe she abused him with the intent of killing him, rather, I believe she abused him and realized she had to kill him to cover it up.

When they left that morning, she knew only one of them would be coming back.

I don’t think this was planned days in advance, but hours in advance.
Agreed 100%

Who leaves their phone at home when they leave the house for any length of time, let alone 4 hours?

I don’t believe she abused him with the intent of killing him, rather, I believe she abused him and realized she had to kill him to cover it up.

completely agree. I also don’t believe this was a revenge killing, or a killing made to hurt anyone else. She only cares about herself and covering her own behind. She likely panicked and knew he was dying, so thought if she killed him and dumped him, she could control the story. She knew the abuse/death would likely land her a 2nd degree murder charge, so she probably thought covering it up was a better risk to take.

I agree, TS was too reactive for Gannons death to be planned in advance.

People v. Stauch: Defendant will appear for video advisement today at 1:30 pm El Paso County @KOAA has the pool camera.

Rob McCallum on Twitter

If you follow reporters on Twitter, you’re going to want to follow this guy too. He’s the court public information officer.
Ty mass thank goodness ya found that

I'm one who originally gave her the benefit of the doubt, as I suspected it was possible she lost her temper, hurt him much worse than what she intended, and after they left in the truck that morning, he succumbed to his injuries. It doesn't matter how many cases of murdered kids I've followed, I still can't tell my self "this parental figure purposely murdered this child" even though, SO many of them do. It's just too hard to make my brain go there, initially. It's usually the probable cause statement that brings it all home, so to speak. :(

That makes more sense to me. I was surprised to see "white" as her relatives and associates on social media based on public comments were majority native or hispanic.

I have seen no Hispanics mentioned, but there are a couple of public records from the past where TS is listed as Native American. But she's mostly listed as white, probably because she's both. She may alternate use of terms in order to further confuse her public records.

<modsnip: Friends/Relatives are off limits for discussion>

I'm not sure why it matters, except that of course, criminal defendants can try to obscure their identities by using more than one label. I'm mixed race myself, but learned long ago it's better to go with a label that helps explain how I look, especially if going for military clearance or a LE job.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm one who originally gave her the benefit of the doubt, as I suspected it was possible she lost her temper, hurt him much worse than what she intended, and after they left in the truck that morning, he succumbed to his injuries. It doesn't matter how many cases of murdered kids I've followed, I still can't tell my self "this parental figure purposely murdered this child" even though, SO many of them do. It's just too hard to make my brain go there, initially. It's usually the probable cause statement that brings it all home, so to speak. :(
It’s hard for me to accept it as well, not emotionally, but on a logical level.

In a case like this, I would have expected the usual rules to apply. An act of abuse results in death, and the death occurs at home.

If she injured him, and then pivoted to premeditated murder committed outside the home, that is incredibly unusual. We do not see that with any regularity.

But the evidence seems to strongly indicate that’s what happened. So I don’t want to believe it, but I have to.

When she looked at Gannon, she didn't see her husband's beloved baby boy. She saw her husband's ex-wife - her rival. The step-children made LH a permanent fixture in her and Al's life, and she deeply resented them for that.

From the single moment I heard Gannon's name I knew where this was going to end.

NEVER once did I believe Gannon was alive and NEVER once did I doubt TS murdered this innocent little man.:(

#JusticeForGannon ❤

Can someone tell me where the idea that AS was wanting a divorce before leaving? Is that supposition, rumor, or confirmed? Sorry, it's just hard to keep up with these threads moving so quickly, lol! TIA

AFAIK, this information has never been in any MSM article and the LE investigating the case have never mentioned it.

I hope that helps. (and yes, it's very hard to keep up sometimes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper