Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree and she smiles after saying her name like she is just meeting someone for the first time and trying to charm someone or trying to make a good first impression:eek:

She seems to say "I can still say Stauch right? That's still something I can do? Great..."

The detachment from reality is strong in this one.

BBM- This has been my feeling for the past few days. When I listened to him answer that question, my heart jumped.

IMO- I feel they may have already found Gannon and are keeping it quiet until her actual hearing next week.
I can only think of 2 reasons for them not saying anything at all about any searches--
1. They have already found him
2. They are still searching but not disclosing it to the public.
Just my thoughts today.

If they found him, they would need a coroner to remove him. I don't think they could keep it a secret. There are credibility issues, community trust issues, family trust issues. It would be unethical to not disclose to his family that he had been found. It serves no purpose to try and hide him being found. They aren't interrogating her. They charged her with murder. It would only strengthen their hand to have his body found and an autopsy performed sooner rather than later.

There are protocols that must be followed. See below.

CRS §30-10-606
CRS §30-10-606:
Coroner - inquiry - grounds - postmortem - jury - certificate of death

(1) The responding law enforcement agency shall notify the coroner when a death is discovered or confirmed as soon as practicable after the scene is safe and secure. The coroner shall immediately notify the district attorney or his or her designee if by prior agreement, and then at his or her discretion proceed to the scene to view the body. Upon arrival of the coroner, law enforcement shall make all reasonable accommodations to allow the coroner to collect time-sensitive information such as body and scene temperature, lividity, and rigor. The coroner, in cooperation with law enforcement, shall make all proper inquiry in order to determine the cause and manner of death of any person in his or her jurisdiction who has died under any of the following circumstances:

(a) If the death is or may be unnatural as a result of external influences, violence, or injury;.............

(1.1) The coroner shall request that jurisdiction of a death be transferred to the coroner of the county in which the event which resulted in the death of the person occurred, with the jurisdiction effective upon the acceptance by the receiving coroner. The transfer shall be in writing, and a copy thereof shall be maintained in the offices of the transferring and receiving coroners. The district attorney from each county involved in the transfer shall be contacted prior to the transfer unless prior agreements have been established.

(1.2) (a) When a person dies as a result of circumstances specified in subsection (1) of this section or is found dead and the cause of death is unknown, the person who discovers the death shall report it immediately to law enforcement officials or the coroner, and the coroner shall take legal custody of the body.

(b) The body of any person who dies as a result of circumstances specified in subsection (1) of this section shall not be removed from the place of death prior to the arrival of the coroner or his or her designee or without the authority of the coroner or his or her designee unless it is necessary to identify the victim, to protect the property from damage or destruction, or to preserve and protect evidence, or protect life, health, or safety. The coroner, in consultation with the district attorney or local law enforcement agency, shall facilitate the timely removal of the body to preserve and protect evidence. The coroner may order the removal of the body for further investigation or release the body to the next of kin if no further investigation is required by law enforcement......

(b) The coroner or his or her designee shall, at the request of the district attorney or attorney general, release to the district attorney or attorney general any autopsy report or medical information described in subparagraph (I) of paragraph (a) of this subsection (6) that the coroner obtains pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection (6).

(c) The coroner or his or her designee shall not release to any party any information, record, or report described in subparagraph (II) of paragraph (a) of this subsection (6) that the coroner obtains pursuant to paragraph (a) of this subsection (6). CRS §30-10-606

Last edited:
Even if he divorces her, which I assume he will, I've never heard of a divorced person having to change their name, by law.

Yeah, but if she got a glimmer of AS and LH united in the front row (not sure how the video thing works), it may have given her satisfaction to remind everyone that she is the one with the last name S. Because, despite the brevity of the situation, she strikes me as someone who would focus on being so small.

I've never heard of name changes required by law, but I know two men who bartered it in their divorce proceedings. Of course, AS has nothing to give LS in return for his name, and she has everything to give him...the location of his son!

I think most of us are not holding our breaths. However, I do think that if someone within LE plays Good Cop with her and strokes her narcissism, she's opened her beak so many times, she will do so again. She's going to have major mental issues being a prisoner. She's older than most of the women who will be around her. She's used to a middle class life. She was, until just over a month ago, acting as the mom of a family, with a husband. If she's the type of personality I think she is, she's going to start cracking and yapping - but will she say anything useful? Hopefully, her own attorney will be able to get it from her and tell her that she needs to negotiate. If she wants to go back to her "It's an accident" defense, then she needs to say where the body is, exactly. She needs to play dumb and scared.

I haven't been in a jail for about 5 years (I've done research in jails and mental hospitals, including Atascadero State Hospital for the Criminally Insane) so I'm sort of going by that and what I've seen work. I think she'll respond more to a male interviewer (just a hunch) and to little presents like food. She wants to tell. She wants the attention. She should do herself a favor and plead to a lesser charge in return for revealing where Gannon is. When I was working in jails and mental hospitals, there were a lot of people who were in their mid to late 20's and there are generational shifts in how people handle things (TS seems to think she's a millenial, is my point - if so, then she feels really butt hurt that she's forced to wear a certain thing and will not like the food).

If Gannon's body is going to reveal something really sinister in what she did...she probably is going to stay quiet.
Thank you for the detailed answer. It’s very much appreciated.

She seems to say "I can still say Stauch right? That's still something I can do? Great..."

The detachment from reality is strong in this one.

Which is why her behavior is ultimately unpredictable. I think she's half in and half out of psychosis all the time - so her "reality" is very flawed. This may be helping her cope right now (her whole life seems like a dream/nightmare to her - so what else is new?)

If someone can become some sort of anchor or lifeline to real reality for her, that someone may get on the inside track with her (you know, like all her "supporters" in that support group). I do wonder what her memories are like, how far she's burying what's happening within her psychotic core. If she is getting xanax, that will make her even more detached from reality.

After seeing the full video of Allen’s media briefing, I am now also wondering if LE knows (or has already recovered his poor body). this is just MOO, but it would make sense why the judge wanted it the advisement done ASAP, knowing that in the next coming day or so, news will break that GS has been found. This would then give the DA time to file and be prepared for the next court date - where she will be hearing the final official charges against her. It seems to only make sense that DA be able to throw as much at her as possible......MOO of course.

My guess is that she will not reveal the location of Gannon's body. I sense that withholding that information gives her power and control. Now that she is in prison, where she has little power or control, the need to feed this base desire will be even stronger.

I would be overjoyed to be wrong.
Yeah I think you’re right. I think that it is most definitely about control. Thank you for responding!

Why does she look so different? Her mouth is different. Does she were dentures?

Also, did you see the look on the guys face in the middle behind TS and her lawyer, as the judge was reading the charges. Lol He almost looked in awe or scared. Couldn’t tell which. IMO

RBBM

You are used to seeing her wear her "duck face" smile.

Every picture of her has it to one degree or the other.

Except now.

Because of a 4 minute press conference?
No. I was a tad concerned the night he was introduced by Dan May too. I sat on it then.
I stood up tonight and I walked the other way for the reasons I outlined in a rambling post a while ago.

I agree.
Graphic warning below :
I think we'd know by now ?
Pending a dna test of course.
And I don't doubt that she is capable of having committed further horrors. :( :mad:
A person can walk with a head wound, a sprained/broken arm, or internal injuries.
They wouldn't need all of him to upgrade charges to the DP.
Feel like I'm getting ahead of myself.

Wonder if there's anything else she's done that's escaped justice up till now ??
This seems so heinous for a first offense of this type.
District Attorney Michael Allen made it clear that it is understood that the Governor will commute any death penalty convictions to life without the possibility of parole. So right now, a DP conviction is a waste of resources and time. And lets assume the defense is well aware of this.

Why does she look so different? Her mouth is different. Does she were dentures?

Also, did you see the look on the guys face in the middle behind TS and her lawyer, as the judge was reading the charges. Lol He almost looked in awe or scared. Couldn’t tell which. IMO

I think he was hallucinating. Auditory. Maybe visual, too.

Probably because she knows she is guilty. I wonder if they screen inmates once they are booked to determine whether or not they are a suicide risk.

She actually appears to be well rested. Maybe she has spoken to detectives and given them some information? I would think it would be a huge relief to unburden herself.

Imo
Funny you should say that as I've been thinking... so JMO...

I'm wondering if between today and the arraignment if LS will reveal where Gannon's body is. IOW if she spins some sort of "It was an accident" or "He died in his sleep" lie in hopes of getting the first degree murder charge reduced to second degree.

Probably not but IMO she's all about self-preservation. I hope the DA stands firm and with the weather warming up LE has an area to continue searching so Gannon could be found at any time. MOO.

I couldn't stop looking at the very surprised expression on the face of the man directly behind her. Lol. What's his story?!

T seemed somewhat subdued, eager to get off the camera imo.

Yes, right at the end she started to leave too soon and had to wait a few seconds before moving off camera. She wanted out of there bad. Wonder if she could feel the hate coming from that female inmate on the back wall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4