Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Financial trouble.....then goes and buys a rental car so they can godoor to door looking for Gannon....
Wowzers!!!!!!!

And the entire neighborhood came out to help from the hour it happened. Someone would have been more than happy to drive her. Someone would have even let her borrow their car early on. I dont think there was anything the community would not have offered to help

I think the loss of license in SC has been reported by the MSM. At any rate, we are allowed to know it on WS. But apparently she did have a CO teaching job from Mar 2019-Nov 2019. Then another for only a few days before being fired just before GS went missing. Maybe CO School #2 dug deeper but she had worked for months and months at CO School #1. So I personally doubt it related to her license loss in SC.

IF School #1 allowed her to quit vs firing her for cause, that may not be unusual but it IS unfortunate.
JMO
What grade levels does she teach? Im not picturing it at all

can any educators tell me what “certified separation” means ? i found minutes from a school board in NC showing LS as a elementary school teacher in 2018(?). i can’t screenshot on my phone, so i’ll just post the link o_O

https://www.bcswan.net/cms/lib/NC01811134/Centricity/domain/193/2018/BOE Packet 11.07.18.pdf

@grannygates The "Certified" just means that was her classification, she was working in a certified teacher position. The "separation" is a nice way to say they are ending her contract. She could have been under-performing or didn't meet a qualification of her contract. It's a nicer way of saying they've agreed to let her go. The threshold for this would be lower and face less scrutiny than a termination for cause or outright firing. I forget, is this the district where she only showed up for a couple days and didn't come back?

Last edited:
I have had a minute to process this. I was shocked at first. Then not so much. She has shown us she has to be in total control. She has lost that now. Which makes her even more dangerous. It wouldn't surprise me that it was an attempt to escape. She is never going to give it up as to where Gannon is. That's all she has left. There is nothing in it for her to do so. Either way she will be locked away for the rest of her vile life. IMO
Brings to mind Diane Downs, wannabe family annihilator, who did escape after her conviction, iirc. This one is obviously very manipulative, (just as Downs is) she fooled both AS and LH. I'm so glad that she is incarcerated and in the hands of the criminal justice system. I pray every day for Gannon's family-I can't imagine the level of pain and betrayal they are going through.

Y'all. This is my kids' school district. We moved to 11, but still go to 20. This shook me.
I'm thankful for D20 doing this and protecting those kids, but I am sure that is the final straw that pushed her over the edge and poor sweet little guy paid for her anger.
No words.

Wow. So close to home for you. I can only imagine the horror of knowing she was close to working with your kids. I am so sorry. I do think this is the event that tipped her to killing Gannon. Unbelievable.

My son just told me that when being in transport all inmates are required to have on handcuff with a chain attached to their waist and lef irons on too......he said the zip tie things are only used in sace of emergencies and would never be used on a transport, he also said she was more then likely transported by U.S. Marshals if they had that long of a ride and got her out of there as fast as they did!
Did he have any theory of why she might have managed to get her hands out of her handcuffs?

I hope the Deputy wasn't injured too badly. There will be an Investigation and may result in job loss. I hope they have a stun belt on her when she is in Court as I wouldn't put anything past her. Not that I think she would have a chance to actually get her hands on anybody but I really want to see one in action :D Arias wore one.

@grannygates The "Certified" just means that was her classification she was in a certified teacher position. The "separation" is a nice way to say they are ending her contract. She could have been under-performing or didn't meet a qualification of her contract. It's a nicer way of saying they've agreed to let her go. I forget, is this the district where she only showed up for a couple days and didn't come back?

thank you !! this is from North Carolina in 2018. her suspension was in South Carolina in 2016 IIRC

Yes, and lest we forget she may have been going for a weapon.

It's very possible. An inmate went after my husbands coworker. The inmate removed his handcuffs and actually broke the officers jaw with the handcuffs. The officer had no choice but to shoot and kill him because he started to run after the attack.

Exactly. I don't know that we'll ever know but you are correct. She was either fired or walked out I bet. (Maybe she could have been hired as a longtime sub for someone on extended sick leave but I doubt it. And even if that was the case, I'd think her contract would have gone through fall semester or up until winter break.) And I wouldn't be surprised if her firing from the new school a few days before GS went missing related to her not disclosing something about this prior job. Because even walking off should have made it hard to get another job in the same area.
JMO

Yes. ^^^I was thinking/wondering all this as well. And remembering her state board discipline in SC was a bad indicator of character traits that might catch up with her professionally, eventually. Looks like that happened. Listening to her talk, I keep wondering how has she even gotten past the initial interview radar processes even this many times?

She went postal on the nearest victim- a child in her trust and care. This story has kept me saddened and sickened beyond belief.

eta- and boy, it seems she really, really didn't want the real world or the world of social media, either one, to know about any of those job failures.

Last edited:
I have had a minute to process this. I was shocked at first. Then not so much. She has shown us she has to be in total control. She has lost that now. Which makes her even more dangerous. It wouldn't surprise me that it was an attempt to escape. She is never going to give it up as to where Gannon is. That's all she has left. There is nothing in it for her to do so. Either way she will be locked away for the rest of her vile life. IMO
Yes, and lest we forget she may have been going for a weapon.
I don’t think she was trying to escape, I think it was an attempted suicide by cop
By cop??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member