Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For all we know it was a 'hockey stick' which explains other info that I believe were just SM rumors AFAIK. MOO

Your theory hadn't occurred to me and I'm not up much on SM's other ramblings outside of this page but that makes so much sense, weapon being a hockey stick, coupled with the sports store and getting rid of his stuff. "She also said she needed the room in the back of the truck to bring used sports equipment to..." I guess it's that used equipment that may have flown out of the back of the truck.

About time! I think that means he won't have spousal privilege to refuse to testify, but I doubt he'd want to use that anyway. Any one know what the legal implications of his getting divorce could be?

There won’t be any change at all because even if they were/are still married, there is an exception to spousal privilege when it involves a parent having committed a crime against a child. I believe the following applies in most states as it relates to spousal privilege, but this is specific to Colorado:

Colorado Revised Statutes Title 13. Courts and Court Procedure § 13-90-107

(II)

(D) Any criminal action or proceeding in which a minor's parent is charged with a crime committed against the communicating minor child, the parent's spouse, the parent's partner in a civil union, or a minor child of either the parent or the parent's spouse or the parent's partner in a civil union;

Part of the confusion, IMO, is that a 2x4 is not normally called a board. Sure it can be measured in "board feet", but generally most people would say just 2X4 (which as many have pointed out would be 1.5" x 3.5".) The term "board" would generally refer to something wider, IMO. Probably the police told AS "2X4", probably AS then said "2x4" to stepmom, and stepmom, maybe not having much vocabulary regarding lumber, changed it to "2X4 board". That would be my opinion. I don't believe he had any actual 2x4's in the garage, they wouldn't even be left over from building a house because building codes would prohibit the use of them in house construction.

2x4's are actually very common -- they're typically used to frame walls -- better known as "wall studs," and they meet code in most areas for interior walls and sometimes exterior walls. A 2x4 that was 3 or 4 feet long could easily be swung as one would swing a bat -- with both hands. But, the fact it was bloody indicates she swung multiple times and likely to the head where the board made contact with the blood from a previous head wound. It sounds as if she totally lost it, and when she came to her senses, she realized she'd gone way beyond any normal discipline. At that point, she had to disappear GS. And now she will suffer a much harsher punishment than she would have for child abuse. Her world is crashing around her and the walls are closing in.

I agree, I used to run a volunteer program when my kids were young, getting parents to come in and do things for teachers ( copying, dye cutting, etc etc) and even those volunteers had to have a background check.
I live in CA and volunteer at my kids school multiple times a week. The only thing I’ve had to do is provide an up-to-date TB test. I wonder if different states/districts have different regulations....

I predict that it will take some good forensics when the body is found, but that we will all be shocked (but perhaps not too surprised) at what TS did.

Nothing could have prepared me to learn the details of Kelsey Berreth's murder. I expected it to be horrible, especially after reports surfaced of PF being explosive and cruel to horses, but my mind couldn't come up with that magnitude of horror.

"What on earth did you to do that little child?" I can't stop thinking about it and wondering where he is, but I don't even know that I'm ready to learn details. Poor baby.

I live in CA and volunteer at my kids school multiple times a week. The only thing I’ve had to do is provide an up-to-date TB test. I wonder if different states/districts have different regulations....

I had to fill something out to volunteer, I believe it was for a background check, but didn't provide fingerprints.

Okay I started my new job today and don't have access to a computer all day...:(:(. So I'm 30+ pages behind. A few questions....Was the divorce filed today? Who is Sadie? Did I miss anything else today? Any more news of the assault on LE? WHERE IS GANNON!!!

I wonder still if this was something she planned for a few days or just a matter of her going into a rage and then when she saw what she had actually done the clean up and lies began,

I know she is a monster but I just hope and pray she didn't set around and plan a way to get rid of Gannon all while that precious little boy went about his life, ugh!!
First time poster:
Question:
Is her lawyer allowed to ask for her to be on meds just to avoid outburst or would it need to be something that was a previous prescription? Sorry if that is a dumb question.
First time poster:
Question:
Is her lawyer allowed to ask for her to be on meds just to avoid outburst or would it need to be something that was a previous prescription? Sorry if that is a dumb question.
she will be seen by doctors at he prison and if she needs
Unfortunately, soon to be ex already took everything worth anything.
:-(
Yes, I mean what else was there to take, her car was leased, the house isn't their.s they have no kids together so its pretty much a done deal!

I would know my children’s socks if they were found during a search, but I also buy pretty specific socks for my son, and certain colored and patterned socks for my daughter. Unless a random child had the exact same socks, same design/logo etc...and it happened to be discarded in the area they were searching for my missing child, It would be fairly easy to recognize. I don’t know how likely that would be. Others may also just randomly choose basic white socks and wouldn’t know.

My guess, though, is Al asked in a way where should could say “it could just be anyone’s sock”, but instead she said “Gannon’s sock and a piece of wood could’ve flown out of the back when I was driving.” LS herself gave confirmation that it was Gannon’s, and that it was in the truck when she was driving, and put herself in that location as well. She’s really not very smart.
My youngest, also a premie, has some sensory challenges - One of them being socks. I finally found some she could tolerate (blanking silk thread on the seams $$$). I could pick her socks out of a lineup all day!

My district in SC does background (no fingerprints) on all school volunteers. It’s new because we had a RSO attend a field trip last year. After that, no exceptions! IMO these things tend to be more REactive than PROactive. Once something sketchy happens, there will be new, stronger rules.

Okay I started my new job today and don't have access to a computer all day...:(:(. So I'm 30+ pages behind. A few questions....Was the divorce filed today? Who is Sadie? Did I miss anything else today? Any more news of the assault on LE? WHERE IS GANNON!!!
Congrats on new job, but what awful timing.

Yes, the divorce filed but I am not sure of the exact filing date, it is upthread. The Divorce hearing is on the 18th.

Sadie is 4mo old French bulldog.

THE husband of Letecia Stauch, who is accused of killing her 11-year-old stepson, Gannon Stauch, filed for divorce Thursday.

Albert Stauch has called off his marriage to Letecia, who is facing first-degree murder charges after Gannon disappeared in January.

A spokesperson at the Office of the State Court Administrator confirmed the filing to The Sun on Friday.

Albert Stauch said his marriage is "irretrievably broken" in the documents.

The filing also shows Albert ordered the family dog, a three to four-month-old Blue French Bulldog named Sadie, be returned to him immediately.

The dad also said he won't be giving Letecia spousal support.

Albert Stauch's divorce filing says Letecia must return his dog to him.

ETA: odd nary a post/picture of these dogs on her SM just ducks.

Last edited:
They may be on the same page for now but sadly it won't be long before they are not. A child's death takes an enormous toll on people.

And that would be true in the strongest of marriages or families. Here are two people who seemingly kept a civil bond in terms of their kids, but who nevertheless went separate ways, each having made choices to move on with someone else years ago. This horrible tragedy is not something likely to bring about any romantic re-kindling. (apologies if maybe I'm reading too much into the more wistful sounding comments).

Their bond reminds me much more of siblings holding each other up in the shared experience of pain, and it's a comfort to see they at least have that much in this terrible time.

2x4's are actually very common -- they're typically used to frame walls -- better known as "wall studs," and they meet code in most areas for interior walls and sometimes exterior walls. A 2x4 that was 3 or 4 feet long could easily be swung as one would swing a bat -- with both hands. But, the fact it was bloody indicates she swung multiple times and likely to the head where the board made contact with the blood from a previous head wound. It sounds as if she totally lost it, and when she came to her senses, she realized she'd gone way beyond any normal discipline. At that point, she had to disappear GS. And now she will suffer a much harsher punishment than she would have for child abuse. Her world is crashing around her and the walls are closing in.

Actually I think most (urban) people have never seen a 2X4 before it is dried and planed. That's the point I was making, the 2X4 as we know it is very very common, but it measures considerably less than 2X4, it's 1.5 X 3.5". Green, un-planed 2X4s are not usually accepted by any building codes because their measurements are not standard, they nearly always dry skewed or warped especially at knots, and their strength is not standard because of that. Even if nailed into the structure of a stud wall, they can bulge and push your sheetrock out, as they dry, and unevenly at that. For a test some day, go to a mill, buy some green, un-planed "2x4's", wrap the ends with tape or string. Leave them for a week and then cut the string, they will pop up into various shapes, especially if they are long. Signed, "been there done that"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member