Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

She rented the car in CS, not Denver. If the receipt is accurate.
Edited to add: If she had to drive to Denver to get AS that cuts into the time she had that day for nefarious purposes.
JMO
Thank you. Was wondering about where she rented the car. Again, it makes no sense to drive all the way to the Denver airport, leave your vehicle there, and rent, when there are rental places within minutes of your house, i.e. the CS airport.

The whole rental car makes no sense. And yet, she did rent one. I certainly don’t believe her silly explanation why she rented it. So I believe the theory is that she rented it for some nefarious purpose.

And I believe although she remembered to leave her phone at home, that she may have forgotten her Apple watch on. Thereby, needing to move his body from where she may have left him on Monday.

What I’m wondering is if she “accidentally forgot” her phone AND Apple watch on Tuesday while she was in the rental car.
No idea.
More interested on the possibilities for Monday until they are exhausted.

The DA will paint her the darkest shade of black. Oh well, its her choice and she has options.

She does and that's what gives me hope that she just might seek some kind of plea deal, telling where Gannon can be found, in order to avoid the public humiliation of a trial. It's hard to tell as on the one hand, she spent so much time running to the cameras to defend herself, yet on the other hand, she did that because she could not bear people thinking bad things about her. I think (JMO) that if the evidence is so great that she really doesn't have any defense, then I think the pain of it will be so unbearable that she just might take the option of making a plea and avoiding the trial, and then seek to hide in prison from the now knowing and condemning glares of AS and LH, and the profound embarrassment and shame she brought upon her daughter.

Last edited:
Yes. People outside of the area don't realize how popular our parks are year-round. If you want privacy, you head to Pikes Peak National Forest, but it takes a lot longer to get there.
Thanks for the perspective..hard to sleuth areas without being in the area. I think I lean to something along the areas we have talked about previously --Rampart area, etc. I too, tend to lean towards a body of water.

If I'm looking to disappear a body, and a dumpster is not an option, and I'm in Co. Springs, I'm gonna get my 4wd and drive up Rampart Range Road.

The problem with this road is, I think it's closed in winter. Now, if a local could tell if it was open due to mild weather, or open for a ways up in there at least, then yep, that's where I'd head if I wanted to dispose of a body.

Black Forest regional park doesn't cut it for me. How you gonna haul a body back one of those foot trails? Way too much risk.

I'm on the dumpster path, or possibly a deeper body of water.

I've been thinking the same about Rampart Range Rd! Have any locals been able to tell us how much of it has been shut down for winter? I know they do every year but IIRC they often don't shut down the entire stretch.

So many murder victims have been found on RRR over the years, it's crazy. They practically should just search it first whenever someone goes missing from the south metro area under fishy circumstances.

The whole rental car makes no sense. And yet, she did rent one. I certainly don’t believe her silly explanation why she rented it. So I believe the theory is that she rented it for some nefarious purpose.

And I believe although she remembered to leave her phone at home, that she may have forgotten her Apple watch on. Thereby, needing to move his body from where she may have left him on Monday.

What I’m wondering is if she “accidentally forgot” her phone AND Apple watch on Tuesday while she was in the rental car.

Her reactions could all have to do with LE asking about Gannon the night she reported him. They know kids...they could have asked (and probably did) ....does he have a phone, apple watch, any devices???

And perhaps that set her wheels turning

I keep seeing people using the number 950 in relation to the rental car mileage. Where did that number come from? Does anyone have a link? Just for reference, Colorado is 380 miles across from Utah to Kansas. She’d have had to drive across it almost three times or drive to Salina, KS and back to put that much mileage on it. If she really did that much mileage, the kid could be anywhere within a 400 mile radius.

Edited to fix a typo.

She does and that's what gives me hope that she just might seek some kind of plea deal, telling where Gannon can be found, in order to avoid the public humiliation of a trial. It's hard to tell as on the one hand, she spent so much time running to the cameras to defend herself, yet on the other hand, she did that because she could not bear people thinking bad things about her. I think (JMO) that if the evidence is so great that she really doesn't have any defense, then I think the pain of it will be so unbearable that she just might take the option of making a plea and avoiding the trial, and then seek to hide in prison from the now knowing and condemning glares of AS and LH, and the profound embarrassment and shame she brought upon her daughter.
@LightandReason You sure got her number. In addition to the glares of AS and LH and embarrassment for her daughter, it is the humiliation of all her evil deeds being revealed to everyone she ever knew and looked down upon. To her, it is the whole world! If she didn't care what others think, she wouldn't have been so obsessed by splaining.

If I'm looking to disappear a body, and a dumpster is not an option, and I'm in Co. Springs, I'm gonna get my 4wd and drive up Rampart Range Road.

The problem with this road is, I think it's closed in winter. Now, if a local could tell if it was open due to mild weather, or open for a ways up in there at least, then yep, that's where I'd head if I wanted to dispose of a body.

Black Forest regional park doesn't cut it for me. How you gonna haul a body back one of those foot trails? Way too much risk.

I am thinking that she may have taken her husband's truck for it's 4WD capabilities not because she was worried about mileage on her leased car.

I have a Nissan Xterra which supposedly is on the same truck frame as the Frontier. AS's Frontier looks lifted as well. Anyway, these trucks are notorious for their 4×4 abilities. If you go online you will see several forums with owners touting their various off road adventures.

I wonder if she was able to go further into the woods on terrain we would not be speculating about. On top of that they are also awesome in the snow. I live in a snowy area and I have never been stuck in the snow with my Xterra. It has even surprised me a few times when I thought I would be stuck for sure.

MOO. Agree. The anti-suicide suit in CO and lack of charges in her Abeline incident add up to severe distress.

I'm leaning this way because she's lazy. IMO

Yesterday I ran errands around Colorado Springs and all I could think about Gannon.... the beautiful mountains, is his body hidden on one? Ravines, culverts.... everything looks like a hiding place but I can't fathom how a person GETS to any of those places.

Every car I see on the side of the road I study. But that's NOW Would I have notice a red truck parked by the side of a road somewhere SIX WEEKS AGO???

1000 questions in my head. Did she hide him nearby (originally)? Did she discard his precious body in a sick dumpster? She she leave him by/in a creek bed, a forest, a ravine, a flatland, a rest top....

Oh, sweet Gannon, where are you?

Just my sad-hearted opinions....
mapquest says it is 35 minutes from Lorson Ranch. I am not too good at reading satellite maps but husband says the topographic looks like a potential quarry or sand pit there. I am still reviewing this area map-wise.

I was just going to ask Megnut the same thing. Is there anywhere around where they live that has a type of "dangerous place a boy might play" that she could have dumped him trying to make it look like he fell and was injured playing in an unsafe area.

A quarry or sand pit would be exactly the type of place I was thinking of. I'm hoping we can make suggestions that will lead to Gannon being found.

Anything she hid, moved, cleaned or destroyed is tampering with evidence. I was just thinking back to the story she gave about the cut foot in the garage. Did she say which vehicle she had him sit on the 'edge' of? I think that is the vehicle she used to move his little body. She thought blood could have been found on the bumper, tailgate or whatever she referred to as the edge. That still doesn't help us with finding Dannon though. Where did she hide him?
Eta: Moo

Last edited:
A quick comment to posters who have asked about Castle Rock and the bike shop. While it's true there is an outlet mall there is also a little bike shop downtown that she could have gone to. I would imagine there would have been cameras IF she had gone there. It is a 1/2 block from the fire station. The town is growing rapidly. I don't think it's well known in town that she said she visited here that day. I live here and there has been no talk of it on local FB pages and we talk about everything.

I can't find it - someone posted about Gannon being between home and a friend's house. That makes sense that at first she didn't know which friend, but then later she somehow knew. IMO they were taking too long to find him to show it was just a horrible accident.

Ahhh, good catch. If renting the car was prompted by the realization of her wearing the Apple Watch on Monday, then she would certainly NOT wear it again on Tuesday.

I'd rather believe that she was clueless about the Apple Watch throughout. The average Apple Watch owner is unaware of its behind the scene intricacies. At least I am hoping.

Agreed, I hope she was wearing it throughout, and it tracked her as well! Although I am chuckling to myself at the thought of her going to all trouble on Tuesday of trying to cover possible evidence from Monday (renting a car, leaving Apple gear at home, etc), only to find out that she was busted by her own plan, ie. being tracked in the rental via GPS.

I’m so curious to know about the why’s of the rental that day, as well as other methods that could have tracked her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills