Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing people using the number 950 in relation to the rental car mileage. Where did that number come from? Does anyone have a link? Just for reference, Colorado is 380 miles across from Utah to Kansas. She’d have had to drive across it almost three times or drive to Salina, KS and back to put that much mileage on it. If she really did that much mileage, the kid could be anywhere within a 400 mile radius.

Edited to fix a typo.

Now wondering if that number can be used here. A purported rental invoice was posted on crimeonline.com.

I was just going to ask Megnut the same thing. Is there anywhere around where they live that has a type of "dangerous place a boy might play" that she could have dumped him trying to make it look like he fell and was injured playing in an unsafe area.

A quarry or sand pit would be exactly the type of place I was thinking of. I'm hoping we can make suggestions that will lead to Gannon being found.
The area where they live is basically one big construction site, so I’m sure there are plenty of sand pits, piles of debris, etc. The terrain in that area is also rougher than most people imagine, if they don’t live there. The plains around their neighborhood are FLAT when you’re looking at them from afar, but not when you’re trying to walk over them. There are lots of sandy, rolling hills, the brush creates pockets of loose dirt that sink when you’re walking over it, and, dry creek beds can fill suddenly in a rain, although not usually at this time of year. You can also be walking along on flat ground, then have a ravine open up in front of you which you didn’t even know was there. So, long story short, yes, I think there are lots of “dangerous for a boy to play” type spots very close to where they live.

Anything she hid, moved, cleaned or destroyed is tampering with evidence. I was just thinking back to the story she gave about the cut foot in the garage. Did she say which vehicle she had him sit on the 'edge' of? I think that is the vehicle she used to move his little body. She thought blood could have been found on the bumper, tailgate or whatever she referred to as the edge. That still doesn't help us with finding Dannon though. Where did she hide him?

That's what I think as well. I think she told three lies that actually are hidden truths.

A. He was vomiting in the car. Vomiting after a head injury is a huge warning sign indicating a concussion. I believe he was vomiting or vomited before he died and so she said that he was sick which is why she said she kept him home.

B. "Pooping in his pants" Again why she said she kept him home. But I think when she found him dead in the car his body had released after death.

C. He cut his foot and sat on the edge of the truck while she bandaged him. I think this was her way of explaining any blood in the car from the head injury. ETA (I think "edge of the truck" would mean she opened the door and had him sit in the stepwell, to explain his blood INSIDE the car.)

All of these fluids in one place don't indicate a sick or injured child alone. They also indicate death.

IMO

Last edited:
Agreed, I hope she was wearing it throughout, and it tracked her as well! Although I am chuckling to myself at the thought of her going to all trouble on Tuesday of trying to cover possible evidence from Monday (renting a car, leaving Apple gear at home, etc), only to find out that she was busted by her own plan, ie. being tracked in the rental via GPS.

I’m so curious to know about the why’s of the rental that day, as well as other methods that could have tracked her.
MOO everyone would expect all rental cars have gps tracking at this point.

I was just going to ask Megnut the same thing. Is there anywhere around where they live that has a type of "dangerous place a boy might play" that she could have dumped him trying to make it look like he fell and was injured playing in an unsafe area.

A quarry or sand pit would be exactly the type of place I was thinking of. I'm hoping we can make suggestions that will lead to Gannon being found.
For those who live around the area, what does Queens Canyon look like? Is it a busy area? Appears to be water in the area but are those small lakes, quarries? Are the bodies of water approachable by car? Could this be a potential location?

Apparently TS's SC teacher's license was reinstated and for all the good it will do her, it's current. I can't grab a screen shot but it can be looked up here

View Certification Status - South Carolina Department of Education - 3/7/20 12:01 PM

When I tried before, I didn't have all needed info because unlike CO and NC, SC requires more than a name. But now we have a birthday of 8/4/1983 from her booking and we have her SC license number from lawsuit materials related to her employment. (261777) So take a look using the 2nd lookup option. It's informative.

@MsBetsy had posted something yesterday from USA Today saying in 2017 SC got an A on their licensure procedures while my state (NC) got an F and CO got a C. I don't think NC is that bad based on both personal and professional knowledge. But if you want to see some examples of the national tests related to teaching TS passed including the PRAXIS, check her SC record towards the bottom of the page. I know people have questioned her education and I see why. But she did pass needed tests for licensure. And cheating usually isn't an option on those!
JMO
If details don’t show up (or you want to see table grid with easy identifiers and column headings): click new search. Input 391921 into certificate# last name: Stauch into 2nd box. Click I’m not a robot search.

nav-arrow.gif
nav-arrow.gif
New Search
nav-arrow-right.gif
nav-arrow-right.gif

Educator: Letecia H Stauch
Educator ID: 391921
CID(s): ***777
Certificate Type: Professional Certificate
Class: Masters Plus 30
Yrs. of Experience: 5.4 .
Academic Areas
Subject Area Begin End
Middle Level Social Studies 07-01-15 06-30-20
Social Studies 07-01-15 06-30-20
Special Education: Multi-categorical 07-01-15 06-30-20 «HQ»
View HQ Details
Endorsement(s)
Gifted and Talented
* Gifted and Talented Endorsements once shown under Areas of Certification are now displayed under the Endorsement section. Certificates will reflect all Gifted and Talented endorsements.
Passed Exams
Exam Exam Date
5622 - WB: Principles of Learning and Teaching: Grades K-6 07-17-2012
0543 - Sp Ed: Core Knowledge and Mild-to-Moderate Applications 04-28-2012
0012 - Elementary Ed.: Content Area Exercises 09-12-2009
5730 - CBT PPST Mathematics (calculators prohibited) 04-06-2005
5720 - CBT PPST Writing 04-06-2005
5710 - CBT PPST Reading 04-06-2005
Documents Received
Description Received
Request for Action/Change 07-11-2019
Certificates - out of state 07-11-2019
Official Transcript (Virginia) 08-03-2017
Request for Action/Change 07-31-2017
Official Transcript (Virginia) 07-31-2017
Request for Action/Change 02-10-2017
Official Transcript (Virginia) 02-10-2017
Reinstatement Fee Payment 11-01-2016
Non-case Application 09-04-2015
Official Transcript (Virginia) 05-29-2015
Official Transcript (Virginia) 05-27-2015
Official Transcript (Virginia) 05-20-2015
Official Transcript (Virginia) 05-18-2015
Unofficial Transcript (Virginia) 05-18-2015
Correspondence 05-18-2015
Request for Action/Change 04-27-2015
Request for Action/Change 04-23-2015
Request for Action/Change 04-23-2015
Experience Verification 03-17-2015
Request for Action/Change 02-13-2015
Official Transcript (Virginia) 05-28-2013
Recommendations (Virginia) 05-24-2013
Miscellaneous 03-08-2013
Recommendations (Virginia) 03-08-2013
Request for Action/Change 01-02-2013
Permit Request 11-26-2012
Official Transcript (Virginia) 11-08-2012
Recommendations (Virginia) 06-14-2012
Request for Action/Change 05-29-2012
Praxis test reports 05-29-2012
Official Transcript (Virginia) 04-04-2012
Request for Action/Change 03-26-2012
Certificates - out of state 03-26-2012
Request for Action/Change 12-08-2011
Unofficial Transcript (Virginia) 12-08-2011
Recommendations (Minnesota) 08-08-2011
FBI Report 08-02-2011
SLED Report 08-02-2011
Official Transcript (Minnesota) 05-02-2011
Miscellaneous 09-30-2010
Official Transcript (Minnesota) 08-30-2010
App - Student Teaching 08-24-2010
Fee Payment 08-24-2010
App - PACE 08-14-2008
Experience Verification 08-14-2008
PACE Experience 08-14-2008
Official Transcript - NC - North Carolina 08-14-2008
Renewal Credits
Date Source Credit
08-31-2015 College Credit (Graduate) 60
Actions Pending/Processed
Date Created Description Status
08/19/2019 Renewal - Add Area - Name/Address - Evaluation 10/22/2019
08/01/2017 Add Area 09/29/2017
02/13/2017 Evaluation 02/17/2017
11/01/2016 Reinstatement Fee Payment 11/08/2016
05/21/2015 Correspondence 07/01/2015
04/28/2015 Add Area 05/12/2015
04/24/2015 Evaluation 04/28/2015
03/18/2015 Experience Verification 03/18/2015
02/17/2015 RA Course App 03/04/2015
05/30/2013 Recommendations (Virginia) 07/09/2013
01/07/2013 Add Area 03/13/2013
06/05/2012 Evaluation 07/27/2012
03/26/2012 Add Area 04/17/2012
12/09/2011 Evaluation 01/09/2012
08/08/2011 Recommendations (Minnesota) 09/20/2011
08/18/2008 Experience Verification 09/15/2008
Correspondence Sent
Title Date
Worksheet for R2S Literacy Teacher Requirement 09/11/2019
Renewal Status 09/11/2019
Transcript Status Letter 09/11/2019
Reciprocity-add on requirements 09/11/2019
Worksheet for Middle Level Language Arts 02/17/2017
Course Approval- Academic 07/01/2015
Worksheet for Middle Level Language Arts 05/12/2015
Worksheet for Middle Level Math 05/12/2015
Worksheet for Middle Level Science 05/12/2015
Worksheet for Gifted and Talented Add-on 03/04/2015
Worksheet for Gifted and Talented Endorsement 03/04/2015
Worksheet for Elementary Education 02/17/2015
MA+30 Evaluation 07/09/2013
Email Response 05/29/2013
Worksheet for SpEd Learning Disabilities 03/13/2013
Worksheet for Elementary Education 03/13/2013
RAC Approval Letter 11/27/2012
Worksheet for SpEd Multi-categorical 10/29/2012
Initial Certificate Letter-lacks ADEPT 10/23/2012
Worksheet for Social Studies 04/17/2012
Formal Letter 04/17/2012
Worksheet for Social Studies 03/29/2012
PACE Unqualified - Academic 01/13/2012
PACE Unqualified - Academic 09/15/2008
https://ed.sc.gov/assets/certstatus...56a542042-1AF6B1D3-AF78-FBD3-5B9C9CA523D01AFB

Last edited:
She brought up the supposed trip to Castle Rock for some reason, likely because she was there, and knew LE knew she was there.

I see a few possible theories as to where Gannon's body is.

She put him in a dumpster, and he's now in a landfill somewhere. I think this is highly likely, it's quick, and easy.

She put him in a secluded, wooded area, and covered him up with rocks, brush, etc. This is a lesser likelihood for me as it would not be the most assured in terms of Gannon's disappearance, and with drive time and/or work involved, I think in 'freaked out' haste, it would be too time consuming.

She drove to a spot and threw him off a cliff. Google Earth is a wonderful tool for use in this case, it really gives one a good look at terrain in the area. There are lots of places to go up in the mountains on back country roads, however I see no evidence of her having traveled in any of those directions, the exception being the area to the west of the search area on the 'S' turn on 105.

She dismembered him and placed his body parts in several spots. I find this unlikely as it would be too time consuming, messy, and leave way too much evidence.

So, I go first and foremost with dumpster. Put his body directly in a dumpster on the day she murdered him, OR (more likely in my belief based on the charges in this case) retrieve his body from where she first left it, put it in a heavy duty trash bag, OR some sports bag OR a suitcase of some kind, and throw it in a dumpster. From all observation on my part, she'd be able to do this without much difficulty. It is the quickest, easiest, least evidence producing, method of making her problem disappear.

Second to that, the cliff and/or wooded area with a quick throw over the side, or a covering up of his body, Somewhere west of 105.
I like the way you’re reasoning this out, @stattlich1. You make some good points.
Myself, I’m going to go with the wooded area or even an open grassland. Couple of reasons for this: there was little to no snow on the ground when Gannon disappeared so she would leave no tracks. She could cover him with brush, most likely, or drag him to the middle of an open field. Look at the dump spots of people like Ted Buddy. He dropped bodies off in the woods a short distance from the road in less travelled areas. They weren’t found for months, in some cases years. How many times have we read about a farmer finding a body when plowing a field or walking his property? We also often hear stories of hunters stumbling upon remains in the woods. Again, after the person had been missing for months or years. I think it is less likely that Gannon’s body would be readily found in a place like this.
The problem I have with the dumpster theory is that dumpsters are usually found around commercial buildings, apartment complexes, etc. These are places that are more populated and often have security cameras. Most of the time, but not always, bodies are placed in dumpsters under cover of darkness. If Gannon was placed in a dumpster, I think it was during the speculated body move. It may have been done in the wee hours before she went to the airport and rented the car. If this was the case, I’m sure she rented the car in case LE had canines around their home on Tuesday. She didn’t want anyone sniffing around that truck.
The third scenario, pushed off a cliff or into a ravine, I tend to shy away from. Mostly because I hate the thought of it, not that the other scenarios aren’t as bad, but I think Gannon would have had to have been alive when she pushed him. While I think she had enough strength to drag him off road a bit, I don’t think she could drag his body up a higher trail. He looked like he was seriously ill or hurting when he climbed into the truck, so I don’t think he could walk up on his own. Pushing a live person off a trail also poses more risk; trails would have a better possibility of someone being in the vicinity and there would be a slight possibility that he wouldn’t die from the fall. However, this has been done in CO before. Harold Henthorn was found guilty of murdering his wife by pushing her off a cliff in 2012. This happened in Rocky Mountain National Park so it is possible to get off trail a bit in a busy park and commit a murder without being seen. Henthorn claimed it was an accident, that she slipped while taking a photo. However, the position of the body indicated that she had been pushed. Tee could not have called the police that day and reported that Gannon had slipped off a cliff because the autopsy would have revealed his other injuries not caused by the fall.
MOO

Last edited:
I like the way you’re reasoning this out, @stattlich1. You make some good points.
Myself, I’m going to go with the wooded area or even an open grassland. Couple of reasons for this: there was little to no snow on the ground when Gannon disappeared so she would leave no tracks. She could cover him with brush, most likely, or drag him to the middle of an open field. Look at the dump spots of people like Ted Buddy. He dropped bodies off in the woods a short distance from the road in less travelled areas. They weren’t found for months, in some cases years. How many times have we read about a farmer finding a body when plowing a field or walking his property? We also often hear stories of hunters stumbling upon remains in the woods. Again, after the person had been missing for months or years. I think it is less likely that Gannon’s body would be readily found in a place like this.
The problem I have with the dumpster theory is that dumpsters are usually found around commercial buildings, apartment complexes, etc. These are places that are more populated and often have security cameras. Most of the time, but not always, bodies are placed in dumpsters under cover of darkness. If Gannon was placed in a dumpster, I think it was during the speculated body move. It may have been done in the wee hours before she went to the airport and rented the car. If this was the case, I’m sure she rented the car in case LE had canines around their home on Tuesday. She didn’t want anyone sniffing around that truck.
The third scenario, pushed off a cliff or into a ravine, I tend to shy away from. Mostly because I hate the thought of it, not that the other scenarios aren’t as bad, but I think Gannon would have had to have been alive when she pushed him. While I think she had enough strength to drag him off road a bit, I don’t think she could drag his body up a higher trail. He looked like he was seriously ill or hurting when he climbed into the truck, so I don’t think he could walk up on his own. Pushing a live person off a trail also poses more risk; trails would have a better possibility of someone being in the vicinity and there would be a slight possibility that he wouldn’t die from the fall. However, this has been done in CO before. Harold Henthorn was found guilty of murdering his wife by pushing her off a cliff in 2012. This happened in Rocky Mountain National Park so it is possible to get off trail a bit in a busy park and commit a murder without being seen. Henthorn claimed it was an accident, that she slipped while taking a photo. However, the position of the body indicated that she had been pushed. Tee could not have called the police that day and reported that Gannon had slipped of a cliff because the autopsy would have revealed his other injuries not caused by the fall.
MOO
Not sure it matters, but I like that you mention her awareness of the ability of canines. Given that she lived in Colorado during the time of the Chris Watts case, she may have followed it. If so, she knew they would pick up the scent of death. We know the rental car had to used for nefarious reasons. What we don't know is if canines picked up the scent in the rental car. I don't think she thought the investigation would go so far as discovering the rental car or she would have paid with cash. JMO

Playing catch up as always so apologies if this is already covered,but "exercise equipment " also speaks as weights to me,and as we know how she likes to drop in her little breadcrumbs,should we be trying to find a body of water deep enough to weight a body down?

She actually said "sports equipment" (I was wrong in my quote). However, I'm used to thinking sideways with this woman, because it's just in her linguistic nature to use a more vague term that could be seen as technically "not a lie" while she is misdirected. So I don't believe she was looking to exchange hockey equipment at PIAS and in fact, I don't think she went to PIAS at all at this point. So I do wonder what the actual equipment was. That one bag could have held many different things.

I think she may have been prepared to leave him in a body of water but found Palmer Lake too visible and, I think, locals have said it was frozen.

I also have my own theory about what she might have done when that plan didn't pan out.

I think they have reason to suspect he's somewhere other than a dumpster/landfill. We would hear a lot more about them searching the landfill and there's a very good chance they would've been able to find him by now. Recently it took investigators working with the FBI ERT under a week to find a woman's body in a landfill. I don't think they'd be able to keep a intensive search of the landfill out of the public eye.

Last edited:
A quick comment to posters who have asked about Castle Rock and the bike shop. While it's true there is an outlet mall there is also a little bike shop downtown that she could have gone to. I would imagine there would have been cameras IF she had gone there. It is a 1/2 block from the fire station. The town is growing rapidly. I don't think it's well known in town that she said she visited here that day. I live here and there has been no talk of it on local FB pages and we talk about everything.

Can you put the word out in the groups with the vehicle description?,maybe ask people to check any cameras or just rack their brains in case they saw the truck?

Can you put the word out in the groups with the vehicle description?,maybe ask people to check any cameras or just rack their brains in case they saw the truck?
@Kiranerys I want to believe that when this story first broke, the good people of Colorado with cameras checked them for evidence. And, if something was found, it was reported directly to LE, then the killer would be none the wiser.

As sure as I am sitting here typing, if I came upon evidence of a crime, I am reporting it directly to LE. And mainly as a layer of protection from the suspect. You won't see me on TV disclosing that I had evidence.

She actually said "sports equipment" (I was wrong in my quote). However, I'm used to thinking sideways with this woman, because it's just in her linguistic nature to use a more vague term that could be seen as technically "not a lie" while she is misdirected. So I don't believe she was looking to exchange hockey equipment at PIAS and in fact, I don't think she went to PIAS at all at this point. So I do wonder what the actual equipment was. That one bag could have held many different things.

I think she may have been prepared to leave him in a body of water but found Palmer Lake too visible and, I think, locals have said it was frozen.

I also have my own theory about what she might have done when that plan didn't pan out.

Ah,"sports equipment" knowing that she and AS play softball takes me back to a bat,I dont want to think about a bat :(

If he succumbed to injuries from the previous night's abuse, I think it would still be murder. The abuse wouldn't be an accident and it led to his death. Then she covered it up. I think it's a possibility that there may not be an actual murder weapon other than what she used to cause the initial injury. I've thought about the dumping him somewhere severely injured, but still alive and maybe that's why she kept saying he was coming home. I don't like those thoughts at all. I really believe he died inside that pickup. Then she hid his body. I'm about 50/50 on whether the rental car was used to move him again. She lies so much it's hard to guess at how she thinks. We can't think like her and I'm so glad about that. All jmo.

I find it so odd that they are not searching more publicly for his body. I know LE stated that they were still actively investigating and open to tips etc. But, we haven't even heard anything about locals spotting search parties out and about.

This is from
Psychiatria Danubina, 2016; Vol. 28, No. 3, pp 307 -

NARCISSISTIC PERSONALITY DISORDER AND SUICIDE Leo Sher James J. Peters Veterans’ Administration Medical Center and Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY, USA

Here is an excerpt-

["There is a popular belief that “Narcissists rarely commit suicide. When a Narcissist threatens to do this, it’s generally as a means of manipulation” (Saeed 2014). However, studies suggest that NPD is associated with suicidal behavior (Stone 1989, Links et al. 2003, Heisel et al. 2007). For example, a 15-year follow up study of patients admitted to a psychiatric hospital in New York showed that patients with NPD or narcissistic traits were significantly more likely to die from suicide compared to individuals without NPD or narcissistic traits (Stone 1989). Another study found that depressed older adults with narcissistic personalities were at increased suicide risk (Heisel et al. 2007)."] BBM

She just may have a reason to have been placed in a suicide suit.

<mod note: Added link to above article>
I think they have reason to suspect he's somewhere other than a dumpster/landfill. We would hear a lot more about them searching the landfill and there's a very good chance they would've been able to find him by now. Recently it took investigators working with the FBI ERT under a week to find a women's body in a landfill.I don't think they'd be able to keep a intensive search of the landfill out of the public eye.[/QUOTE ......Gannon is my hero!...I have confidence locals and LE have covered any area I could consider, from S.C., so I am going w/ the new info about the teaching orientation, or the 900 mile rental...familiarity vs greatly expanded area to coverFWIW, my question Did she really rent it simply to keep AS out of truck?if so then any attempts to relocate Gannon would be an afterthought, and at that point she may have thought he was already hidden...she should have been calmer Tuesday....she would feel more focus on her, she would have to be much more careful...I do see a drive by check on Tuesday, but not a relocation, she isn’t smart, but she does have survival mode...MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member