Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

A neighbor comes forward with surveillance footage that he says shows Letecia Stauch leaving the house with him and returning hours later alone.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News he decided to look through his footage once the search intensified and saw Stauch getting into a red pickup truck Monday morning at 10:13 a.m. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, according to Drayton.

When she returns in the truck at 2:19 p.m., Gannon is nowhere to be seen.

A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office told ABC News that investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton's description.

"This is just one piece in a very, very, very large puzzle," spokeswoman Jackie Kirby told ABC News.

Drayton says he showed the security footage for Gannon’s father on Sunday.

"He just broke down crying and said, 'She lied. She lied about the time. He didn’t go to a friend's house,'" Drayton said.

The disappearance of Gannon Stauch: A timeline of the case

<modsnip: removed reference to quoted post that was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's something that might brighten your day.

Think of all the theories and speculation of what was done, how it was done, why it was done, the gory details, etc.

And then realize they can't possibly ALL be true.

And we've probably come up with the exact combination of events somewhere within these threads.

Now, fast forward to the unsealing of the arrest affidavit, and the grand reveal of the evidence collected so far.

No matter what it reveals, it will almost certainly be significantly less than the sum of all possibilities.

So no matter what comes out, it likely won't be as bad as what we collectively imagined. That's a good thing, right?

Happy Tuesday.

All charges together makes sense. I was personally just trying to wrap my head around the "possibility" that his death was an accident. Had LS not removed or tried to cover up the events of the day, giving explanations for everything...perhaps even say that he fell, hit his head, didn't think it was serious enough to take to urgent care & Gannon passed in bed while resting.
I'm not suggesting it was an accident, just exploring the possibility for a different scenario. Accidental death (as I just described) doesn't seem as harsh in the judicial system.
All my opinion, and likely rambling with not enough caffeine in my system
I think the injuries were not consistent with an accident story; thus, she had to hide him. He couldn’t survive and spill the beans of her abuse and a “falling down” story would not stick. Imoo

BBM...if she didn't mean to kill Gannon, had she not lied about "going to a friends" & was truthful from the beginning, could this have been a different charge? (Pardon my ignorance, just looking up accidental dealth Colorado Law)
Child Abuse: How It Is Penalized under Colorado Law
I don't know much about the law, sorry. But if she had taken him to a hospital when she realized he was really hurt, and if the version of younger sis backed up TSs version, ie possible calamity in the house, maybe his life would have been saved and she would have avoided the murder charge. If you are following the Alex case in Montana, he spent several days with apparent brain damage, one of his alleged murderers tried to pass it off as "drinking" (at age 12 ), another of his alleged torturer/murderers was googling concussion, etc. and he died a couple of days later after even more alleged blows and kicks to the head. He might have been saved too. I doubt that TS did anything more to him than her initial "freak out" probably physical reaction when she may have thought he was harming the house intentionally. She may have pushed him violently away from a source of sudden danger, and that could have been the cause of his wound. Oddly, because we can't discuss what happened Sunday, some conclude that she hauled off and suddenly murdered him because of "jealousy". I don't buy that.

Last edited:
There's a level of hatred and animosity toward Landon that, IMO, can't be explained by anything else. Why the intensity of emotion? It's one thing to use LH to deflect suspicion from herself: "the BM wanted her children back" etc etc... It's another thing to express the depth of emotion TS expresses toward Landon. And I saw that video of Gannon waving the TS posted on her page for a while. It was the one thing, more than anything else, that convinced me of how genuinely evil she is. That video of him waving bye, to post that, when he was missing, when she was suspect... that more than anything convinced me both of her guilt and of her jealousy of Landon. It was a vile and heartless act. It was an "in your face", no matter what happens, "I win, FU" act of the highest, most vindictive order. Jealousy. What else explains that depth of sick emotion and need to strike out and hurt?
Nailed it!!

I hate doing this - but it's so hard to get up to speed at the rate of these threads. I've been out of the country since Thursday eve. Anything new that is worthy of taking time to look at?

Do you ever sleep??

I’m obviously not an attorney, but I imagine they go over each charge with her and explain what it means. Although she hasn’t formally been charged yet, they know what’s coming.

By now I imagine she has seen the arrest affidavit, and she has a general idea of what law enforcement has on her.

This woman isn’t the type to sit back and calmly reflect on all of this, and I imagine her attorneys have already seen her angry side.

God Bless them.

Here's something that might brighten your day.

Think of all the theories and speculation of what was done, how it was done, why it was done, the gory details, etc.

And then realize they can't possibly ALL be true.

And we've probably come up with the exact combination of events somewhere within these threads.

Now, fast forward to the unsealing of the arrest affidavit, and the grand reveal of the evidence collected so far.

No matter what it reveals, it will almost certainly be significantly less than the sum of all possibilities.

So no matter what comes out, it likely won't be as bad as what we collectively imagined. That's a good thing, right?

Happy Tuesday.

Bbm... I wish that were true. The last case i followed here was the case against Dellen Millard, I could be wrong but, I don't recall anyone mentioning an incinerator until LE broke the news.

I don't know much about the law, sorry. But if she had taken him to a hospital when she realized he was really hurt, and if the version of younger sis backed up TSs version, ie possible calamity in the house, maybe his life would have been saved and she would have avoided the murder charge. If you are following the Alex case in Montana, he spent several days with apparent brain damage, one of his alleged murderers tried to pass it off as "drinking" (at age 12 ), another of his alleged torturer/murderers was googling concussion, etc. and he died a couple of days later after even more alleged blows and kicks to the head. He might have been saved too. I doubt that TS did anything more to him than her initial "freak out" probable physical reaction when she may have thought he was harming the house intentionally. She may have pushed him violently away from a source of sudden danger, and that could have been the cause of his wound. Oddly, because we can't discuss what happened Sunday, some conclude that she hauled off and suddenly murdered him because of "jealousy". I don't buy that.
This imo is no accident; a pattern of escalating and cruel abuse until a line was crossed where she couldn’t manipulate or hide it. What kind of calamity would warrant a life threatening injury. Jealousy was not the motive. Control and vengefulness and an extreme need to preserve a lifelong manufactured image. An image that was THAT important. From what we know he was injured Sunday. No medical attention sought. Coldly dispatched in the AM.

I in no way wish to be controversial, however, the charges in this case are clear.

There is no way LE, or the DA, believe anything other than LS knowingly and willfully murdered Gannon.

This was no accidental death.

I agree. Even if she would have taken him to the ER or called 911, they're trained professionals who know the difference between kid's injuries and abuse.
Rather it's a bruise from a kid who fell off his bike or a knot on his head, she wouldn't have fooled anyone. If it started as hitting him and it escalated, she knew LE and DHS would be called and she knew she was screwed.

People who emotionally and verbally abuse children are wired wrong. She had her “friend’s” husband and children. A series of failed jobs and hints of selfishness and materialistic habits. I lived with someone like that...the rage and desire for revenge for any narcissistic injury is extreme. Gannon might have spilled his milk and when she got mad said “I wish I lived with my real mom”. Even something that small would be a major trigger. If bio mom ever criticized Tee in any fashion it would be remembered. Once Gannon “ran away” the spotlight was supposed to be on Tee. They need ALL the attention. IMO based on 12 years living with a dark narcissist who still has it out for various “enemies” for things like “laughing at him”.
I'm sorry I just can't contribute to analyses concluding Narcissism. I see that term on nearly every case I follow. Anything could have triggered her action or reaction, that is still unknown to us.

Love, marriage, divorce, remarriage = takes 2 to tango.

This imo is no accident; a pattern of escalating and cruel abuse until a line was crossed where she couldn’t manipulate or hide it. What kind of calamity would warrant a life threatening injury. Jealousy was not the motive. Control and vengefulness and an extreme need to preserve a lifelong manufactured image. An image that was THAT important. From what we know he was injured Sunday. No medical attention sought. Coldly dispatched in the AM.
We don't have the same opinion. I don't know of any ongoing abuse from TS towards him or any other children in her life.

Do you ever sleep??
Lol I notice @MassGuy is never around in the morning (maybe hes a night owl or outside the US)

They have so much evidence we don’t know about, and they have been so methodical and patient.. I trust deeply they would be holding her other charges if they weren’t in fact positive she didn’t do this with premeditation. I will concede that something may have happened without premeditation on Sunday, (still can’t call it an accident..) but everything that followed was surely something she concocted.

I don’t believe she killed him out of “jealousy” but I think she certainly was constantly battling those feelings and associated Gannon with those feelings in general, making it easier for her to murder him to cover her own *advertiser censored* after she injured him on Sunday night..

So happy for this early spring (groundhog was right for once! I’m already starting my garden in Minneapolis) I think that we will hear news soon(ish) that his remains will be found. Let’s hope that more clear evidence will be found as well!

For some naive reason I'm been thinking she stopped at stores with him going in with her, showing he was alive, that there would be cameras showing this. How naive of me! I think she just named stores en route to her journey because of the pings. She never stopped anywhere to shop! He never went anywhere except where she put him.
duh on me! jmo

A neighbor comes forward with surveillance footage that he says shows Letecia Stauch leaving the house with him and returning hours later alone.

Neighbor Roderrick Drayton told ABC News he decided to look through his footage once the search intensified and saw Stauch getting into a red pickup truck Monday morning at 10:13 a.m. The footage also appears to show Gannon walking slowly as he approaches and gets into the truck, according to Drayton.

When she returns in the truck at 2:19 p.m., Gannon is nowhere to be seen.

A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office told ABC News that investigators have a copy of the video and do not dispute Drayton's description.

"This is just one piece in a very, very, very large puzzle," spokeswoman Jackie Kirby told ABC News.

Drayton says he showed the security footage for Gannon’s father on Sunday.

"He just broke down crying and said, 'She lied. She lied about the time. He didn’t go to a friend's house,'" Drayton said.

The disappearance of Gannon Stauch: A timeline of the case

(I think the “on Sunday” part may be an error along with the other typo in that sentence.)

BBM

Perhaps RD did show AS the Jan 26 video of the kids playing in addition to the Jan 27 video of TS and GS alone.

But I believe the "on Sunday" part bolded above correctly refers to when AS was shown whatever he was shown. RD has said he couldn't sleep on Sat night the weekend after GS disappeared. And he said that is when he looked at older footage (having searched for footage showing 3-4 Monday Jan 27 and finding nothing earlier in the week.) He said he then showed the footage of TS and GS to AS **on Sunday.**

Maybe it didn't happen that way. I've said all along we don't have direct knowledge of what AS or RD did or said or when they did it or said it. It was all filtered through a reporter. And AS's words and reaction first were filtered through RD then to the reporter (as the reporter didn't speak to AS directly about the video.)

People have sometimes thought I meant RD was a liar. But that's not it. Maybe the reporter put the wrong words in RD's mouth. After all, according to what RD now says in at least one report, he didn't give the reporter permission to publish his video initially. Yet it was published. So reporters aren't always to be trusted. And people can and do make honest mistakes when quoting. Plus, IMO the "confirmation" by LE has been overblown. They couldn't confirm, for example, what AS said or when he said it because LE was not present at the time.

Regardless, we currently have no real reason to doubt AS first saw RD's video on Sunday Feb 2.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member