Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly, because we can't discuss what happened Sunday, some conclude that she hauled off and suddenly murdered him because of "jealousy". I don't buy that.

She probably didn't kill him solely out of jealousy, but it's likely jealousy factored into the rage that resulted in the physical abuse. The killing part was likely self-preservation - she knew he was too injured for her to pass it off as an accident.

I don't think there's any question that LS was jealous (or harbored ill feelings) toward L. After all, she began publicly accusing L of being involved in G's disappearance, when LS knew full well she, herself, had killed him.

Oh yeah, that's a busy shopping center. I actually haven't been in that Petco, I don't believe, but I know the area well. It's a less residential area (so she wouldn't be picked up by residential cameras) but if Petco doesn't have cameras I'm sure other businesses in the shopping center do. I'd actually be kind of surprised that she could leave a child in the car in that parking lot and someone not notice. *IF she left him in the car (Although thinking back Petco is probably the "least packed" parking lot in that shopping center).

There's a Costco that is always busy right by, not to mention a slew of restaurants, and other random shops. This is right by a university which is a common lunch destination for students.

Edit to say: Also random, but I believe CW and the mistress ate at the BJ's in that shopping center on their way back from the sand dunes if I'm remembering correctly.

Yes, definitely less residential. There are apartments to the side of Costco, and housing for the UCCS students all around, but not many actual houses. But there are so many people. The Costco is pretty much always busy. And with so many people with cams on their cars these days, you would think there would be someone that had something.

As for someone not noticing if a child was in the car, I dont think many people would notice. I mean, not at his age and in that big truck. If it was a toddler or preschooler crawling around, I would do a doubletake to make sure there was someone in there with them. But if I saw a little one his age in a vehicle, I dont think I would look twice. Again, so many cars out there. Very busy. Petco is right beside Costco. If the Costco parking lot gets filled, it starts spilling over there at Petco, Kohls, etc. Also lots of people on bikes and on foot as there is a popular trail. I'm in that particular Petco constantly, as well as the Costco, Trader Joes, Kohls, Lowes, etc.

I'm not sure what her reasoning was to go there, but she could go to like 10000000 different places that were less busy, so I'm stumped. She simply might not have known though since she lived more south.

It appears to be, however, when I look closely at the 'supposed open space' it truly is a very populated area around there. Very exposed to people all about.
Exactly.
The more north you go, the less populated though.
But Springs itself is pretty populated. Those open spaces and parks are busy. We Coloradoans love our outside time!

I respectfully disagree. The writing is on the wall. She has a history of violence. Like other abusers she has tried to explain injuries as accidents. In 2 days we are to believe he had nose bleeds, a cut foot, an accident in his pants, and perhaps another injury we can not discuss.
On top of that Monday morning she claims to have called a nurse questioning medication dosing. She didn’t call his pediatrician. Why? Because she either knew the pediatrician had suspicions or she was avoiding raising suspicion.
Then the day after he went missing LE stated we hope to find him, bring him home, and put him in a safe environment. That is telling. That is saying he wasn’t living in a safe environment.
And lastly the charges include child abuse that lead to death.
Yes I do believe we are going to hear evidence of a pattern of child abuse that went under the radar explained away by “accidents” until it couldn’t be explained anymore. JMO
I wish I could like this 1000 x's!!!!!!!

Interesting, that Garden of the Gods road runs right below it.
I strongly believe he will be found near GOTG and she has come up the western side and into the Petco and back out around Noe Rd areas.
I'm not leaning towards him being found there. I have wondered if she was out a bit from GOTG, west area, and in some of other areas out there. Lots of places. But since they dont seem to be searching in that area, I'm guessing no pings, etc.

But her going to GOTG on Sunday is probably why she ended up at that particular Petco area. I would normally think she would jump on 25 and go south after hiking at GOTG. But for whatever reason, if they wanted something at a store there, wanted to drive by UCCS, SOMETHING, she just went east a tiny bit and got to that shopping center or at least saw it. It's a popular area, but no reason for someone to drive all the way there from where she was at to get dog coats or whatever.

There ARE other Petcos, but maybe this one was the easiest one for her to jump off of 25 quickly to, to create whatever alibi, or whatever, and then jump back on 25 on Monday. Only to drive a bit north and head over to 105, 83, etc.

Last edited:
My opinion, this is first degree murder because she willfully injured him on Sunday night and although it didn't kill him then, it led to his death on Monday. Whether he succumbed to the injury, or she finished him off to cover what she did, this was no accident. Either way, she ended this boy's life by her own hand. No accident! Imo

45 minutes home to Petco
45 minutes Petco to Castlerock.
Minumum 10 minute visits to Petco each time
45 minutes Castlerock back to Petco.
45 minutes Petco back to home.

I think that timing is off just a little bit.
It is more like 30 minutes from Petco to home. I know 15 minutes isn't much, but it probably is in this scenario.
I really dont think she went to Castle Rock. I dont think she even attempted to go to Castle Rock. You have a good chance of getting stuck in traffic in the Gap that will make you smack your head against your steering wheel. (Not saying I've done that or anything....)
Where she was admittedly running around northern El Paso Count/southern Douglas County, traffic wouldn't be as much of a problem (most of the time). I think it was 30ish minutes from home to Petco. From Petco, 20 minutes to Monument (or 30 minutes to Noe Rd, all that area.) Then another 20 to 30 back to Petco (if she went back that second time) then another 30 home.

https://coloradofoic.org/wp-content...Affidavit-of-Probable-Cause-with-exhibits.pdf

Media's motion to unseal Affidavit of Probable Cause. The link is a little glitchy.

Here you go...found a copy of the motion here:

News organizations ask court to unseal arrest affidavit for stepmother facing murder charge | Colorado Freedom of Information Coalition

*Click on the blue bolded word "motion" in the article and it links to the actual motion that's been filed.

Thank you!!! Very interesting indeed!

"The Defendant’s counsel has indicated to undersigned counsel that the Defendant opposes the unsealing of the probable cause affidavit."

Oh I've been trying to wrap my head around the exact same (that's why I looked up the definitions of the charges).
Despite knowing better, I guess I still just want to believe it wasn't intentional.
@Ontario Mom, your research on the charges against TS was a great effort to help us understand the DA's position.

Question: Will the standards of a reasonable person be applied or the standards of one with her training and credentials? I know that mandated reporters are required to complete child abuse training as part of their licensing. Could this raise the bar, so to speak, for her defense?

Amen to this.

And regardless of labels, or despite not having a specific diagnosis, hopefully we can all agree that the murder of a child is "disordered" .

Eta: This was in response to a post by @MsBetsy upthread. I forgot to paste the quote and now I have no idea how to do it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've never understood that either. Resentful of being a stepmom perhaps, but I don't know what she would have been jealous of. Landen was married to someone else, TS was married to a decent man, she lived in a nice home, had nice vehicles, did not seem to be lacking for any material things. But we don't know what went on behind closed doors. JMO.

Gannon loved Landen more,Laina obviously has a fantastic relationship with Landen even though she was close to TS,Landen was getting her life back on track and has another little one.
The speculation seems centered on TS wanting her life and freedom back now that HH is almost grown and moving on,and there has been speculation that the children were going back to live with Landen,so if all this is true and the pattern so far seems to be that TS has sone kind if need to be needed,what if she wanted her own baby with AS?,shes only 36 afterall,maybe she couldnt have a baby for some reason,maybe AS didn't want one with her?, maybe she is jealous that Landen gets to have more kids and she doesn't?, just a different perspective and all MOO

Thank you!!! Very interesting indeed!

"The Defendant’s counsel has indicated to undersigned counsel that the Defendant opposes the unsealing of the probable cause affidavit."
I think we will see the affidavit some of it may end up being redacted but crossing fingers it’s out tomorrow after court . I think it’s going to be heartbreaking. I hope there’s coverage of court tomorrow I want to see the steps face when she sees landen and al united against her . That phone call I don’t believe any of it all she does is lie . All I want is for her to tell them where gannon is .gannon is loved

That would be a reason for AS to be upset while watching the video. jmo (I'm looking for an obvious reason, not something that one would want an explanation for before being upset)

I'm assuming that upon first getting home after his son was missing, AS would take a look around the house & garage. He'd look for what Gannon might have taken with him. Even though TS initially said Gannon left to walk to a friend's house, I'm thinking AS would've noticed pretty darn fast if Gannon's bike was missing. As a parent, that would be one of the first things I would think to check if my kid "ran away." JMO

Nope, the whole bike story was just smoke & mirrors. It did meet some criteria & purpose for TS though:
-She needed an explanation for taking the truck besides the BS about mileage on her SUV.
Enter the bike story & hauling used sports equipment to Play It Again Sports! She may have
taken a bat or some "used" items in the bed of the truck, but not to go to PIAS!
-Image/Public Perception= Aren't I the best most thoughtful wife to be out buying a
Valentine gift (bike) for my husband?:rolleyes:

MOO

Last edited:
As an adult with a good career and an MBA, you’d think I could have recognized abuse, but my ex had me convinced that I was the cause of my own abuse. That I deserved it. I HAD left the lid off the dish detergent proving my constant carelessness. So an hour raging at me for being lazy seemed to make sense. They won’t stop until you admit you were at fault. So you learn to accept blame faster. It’s the only way to stop the yelling and the insults. The longer you argue the more vicious and personal the insults become. I have severe PTSD and still believe after 4 years free that my ex could kill if triggered. No child can explain verbal abuse in a way that would be understood by a non-witness. People shrug it off.

Pretty much the same here, although it's been longer for me (out of the relationship) and it does get better. I still have PTSD and I still have bouts of struggling with it each year. My ex was diagnosed with 3 different personality disorders, at different times, but on top of Bipolar II. Now that his Bipolar II is under control (20 years later), I think his doctors have revised his other diagnoses - he seems to be doing pretty well.

All of these conditions cause problems with impulse control. However, as in your case, the impulses are against some person who is close to them. I remember asking one of my ex's doctors why in heck he could be SO well behaved at work (and in other social circumstances) but was so crazy at home. People really had a hard time believing what he was like at home. His doctor said, "Because family life is more stressful and there are no outside eyes on the situation." Doctor explained that such people are comfortable in structured situations, often do well at work, seek structure in life, but cannot handle such things as spouses and children, who do unpredictable spontaneous things.

The number of times I had my purse contents dumped on the floor (because he couldn't find his keys or because he blamed me for not remembering to give him cash - my job was to do everything possible to make his existence easier) or something thrown at me...I can't even remember now. It was humiliating and at the time, it did seem like my fault. I was the one who went to the store, got a little extra cash, I knew he needed it for lunches etc., why did I not remember to give it to him? (Why didn't he ask in a normal manner??)

I hope you are feeling well and much safer. I was always a very optimistic person, which was part of the problem and I don't think I'll ever be that person again.

OT, IMO & etc...but it is a weird phenomenon that most adults likely feel comfortable leaving their children with a non-bio parent partner, i.e step or girlfriend/boyfriend, whereas many kinds of checks would take place before leaving them with a bonded caretaker from an agency, i.e...we tend to trust those we love and (maybe) assume they are as invested as ourselves in the well-being of the children.
JMOJMOJMO
I think one reason we tend to want our boyfriends.girlfriends, or stepparents , or close friends to watch our children, rather than a bonded caretaker, is because our kids know our boyfriend, neighbour or best friend already and are more comfortable than they might be with the average stranger. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GonzoToxic