Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO as a cybersecurity professional.....my thought is that the video LS leaked from Sunday evening is actually just an edited version where the original video is actually much longer. Just deleting portions of a video does not remove them in its entirety and deleted portions can very easily still be recovered. MOO but this is the only thing that makes sense for LE to come to a charge for “child abuse resulting in death.” Especially without a live witness or confession....again MOO.
@Thugwaffle1 , and you know far more than I, that things she deleted from her phone can be recovered and in the hands of LE. In this case, (I hope) TS was no match for a clever IT professional. IMOO

So glad I never have to experience any part of that familiar scenario again. Did you ever hear "Do you want me to get MAD"? Try answering "yes" (ie elevate the threat) or "no" (just grovel since it's all your fault anyway).

Oh, yes. Classic. I never did learn to deal with that in the moment, because frankly, he was already mad at that point and pretty scary. Calmly pointing out that it's a double bind probably wouldn't have worked.

Posted 24 minutes ago:
“UPDATE: Police still have to investigate further, but tell 11 News they believe the remains could be Maria Cuevas-Garcia, who was allegedly killed last year by her son.

BREAKING: Pueblo police confirm human remains were found on the south bank of the Arkansas River near the 200 block of Howard. We have a crew on the way and will update here and on kktv.com as we learn more.” (BBM)
KKTV 11 News
Thanks Humble....poor Maria!

Yes, that's where the term originated! In Greek mythology, it was said that Narcissus fell in love with his own reflection while gazing at himself in a pool of water.

Sometimes I think all teenagers are narcissistic.

Imo

All children are narcissistic to a degree. Part of growing up is learning that the world doesn't revolve around you.

Here's something that might brighten your day.

Think of all the theories and speculation of what was done, how it was done, why it was done, the gory details, etc.

And then realize they can't possibly ALL be true.

And we've probably come up with the exact combination of events somewhere within these threads.

Now, fast forward to the unsealing of the arrest affidavit, and the grand reveal of the evidence collected so far.

No matter what it reveals, it will almost certainly be significantly less than the sum of all possibilities.

So no matter what comes out, it likely won't be as bad as what we collectively imagined. That's a good thing, right?

Happy Tuesday.

Kelsey Berreth’s brutal & tragic murder by Patrick Frazee was so unimaginable than no amount of speculation could have prepared me for the before, during and after.
Here’s to hoping LS serves a similar fate!

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

If they said TS abused Gannon, then law enforcement would seek corroboration in the form of physical evidence.

That’s why I think the crime scene unit spent so much time there (likely looking for blood).

I don’t doubt her phone has incriminating things on it, but my point is that it’s not the only explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A group of Colorado news organizations has asked a judge to unseal an affidavit that could explain why police arrested a woman for investigation of first-degree murder in the disappearance of her stepson.
Attorney Steve Zansberg, president of the Colorado Freedom of Information Coalition, filed the motion Monday in El Paso County District Court.

News media seek arrest affidavit for woman accused of murder

Amen to this.

And regardless of labels, or despite not having a specific diagnosis, hopefully we can all agree that the murder of a child is "disordered" .

Eta: This was in response to a post by @MsBetsy upthread. I forgot to paste the quote and now I have no idea how to do it. :rolleyes:
@RaspberryMama , please don't mind if I add that defining one's behavior is not the same as diagnosing a person.

"When out of the mouth spews lies, then you must go by the behavior."

As much as I want Gannon to be found, I don't think it's him. Sounds like LE said it's an adult, unless they're trying to mislead the public.

"The remains belong to an adult, investigators confirmed, but it's not yet clear if the victim was male or female."
Police: Bag of human remains found in Pueblo near Arkansas River - KRDO
Yeah, we can safely say it’s not Gannon.

Not only is there no reason for law enforcement to lie about something like that, but doing so would destroy their credibility.

If it was Gannon, and they wanted to keep it a secret for the time being, they simply wouldn’t comment.

Here's something that might brighten your day.

Think of all the theories and speculation of what was done, how it was done, why it was done, the gory details, etc.

And then realize they can't possibly ALL be true.

And we've probably come up with the exact combination of events somewhere within these threads.

Now, fast forward to the unsealing of the arrest affidavit, and the grand reveal of the evidence collected so far.

No matter what it reveals, it will almost certainly be significantly less than the sum of all possibilities.

So no matter what comes out, it likely won't be as bad as what we collectively imagined. That's a good thing, right?

Happy Tuesday.
Agree.
MOO the reality is going to be more pathetic than diabolical.

ADMIN NOTES:

Please stop the back and forth arguing over premeditation. This has been clarified numerous times. Please read the following Colorado statutes related to the first degree murder charges against TS.

TS has been charged under 1(f) re child under 12, NOT 1(a) re deliberation and with intent.

Also, this thread is for Gannon. A few long personal anecdotes are being removed as they make the thread about YOU instead of him.

Move on from the psyche analyses. We aren't qualified and we don't have any experts here to diagnose.

A few thread bans have been issued for discussing the video that is off limits. If you can't discuss it, don't mention it or you will also receive a thread ban.

Last edited:
There likely were live witnesses though; two of them.

If they said TS abused Gannon, then law enforcement would seek corroboration in the form of physical evidence.

That’s why I think the crime scene unit spent so much time there (likely looking for blood).

I don’t doubt her phone has incriminating things on it, but my point is that it’s not the only explanation.

@MassGuy I agree and I should have elaborated further on my thoughts for this topic. I wasn’t sure if I was allowed to discuss the video or not, so I tried to minimize for rules sake. Regardless, I think you are correct and that forensic (physical) evidence was found to support their charges in their entirety.

But, the truth is, the only thing that matters here is that this sweet boy is found and whatever amount of healing can begin for all parties.

Am I correct that the judge will make a decision about the arrest affidavit at her hearing tomorrow? So assuming it is unsealed, we shouldn't expect to see the affidavit until after 4 pm tomorrow, right?
Maybe. It all depends on when the hearing with the media occurs.

If neither side opposed its unsealing, then we would have likely seen it by now, and no later than tomorrow.

The defense has filed their motion, and the media has filed its motion. They will argue in front of the judge, and the judge will make that decision.

The sooner the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member