Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All along, I regarded TS's disdain toward LH as jealousy. Not anymore!
Her resentment rings loud and clear in that interview. Her blatant resentment of being a custodial parent was obviously well hidden from AS. Did she believe AS's children would just fade away after they were married?

It very well may be that she hoped the kids would eventually go live with their mother. I keep hearing Tee talk about how much she did for the kids, but I really don’t recall hearing her say much about how much she loved and wanted the kids. JMO

Leigh Egan, whose statements are obviously allowed here, stated Gannon took Vyvanse. IMO- LS looks like she is on it and then coming off it after arrest.

Vyvanse Crash: What You Need to Know
GANNON is my hero!...that is quite interesting, there is much info we do not have, this could explain some of his issues...if she took his meds, could splain some of hers, but keep in mind she was acting in rational way to cover up any harm to Gannon, MOO

Are we sure that is TS on the phone call? I don’t think it sounds like her, her drawl is more pronounced in the tv video. IMO

that might be where the ‘she’ slip comes from.
I think it was definitely TS. It was the same accent and the same tone we heard in her first interview. Her use of words is the same and everything she talked about fits to a "T." Jmo

Gannon Stauch's Dad Files for Divorce from Stepmom After She's Accused of Killing Missing Boy

The online court records indicate that the first hearing in the divorce case is scheduled for March 17.

Ah - maybe you just answered my question!! :)

That's funny. Pure coincidence. I just saw the news article and didn't think anyone had posted the date of the divorce hearing info here yet.

I usually check & make sure the hearing is happening about a day or 2 before & noticed that new date of 3/17. Yes, coincidence! :)

My brother and his wife have phone tracking apps so they can see where each other are at as well as where their teens are at.

If this is the case with TS and AS, then it's much easier to say she "forgot" the phones at home than to explain where/what she was doing out that Monday should AS call her to check in on Gannon.

if any of my ex's had ever tried that with me it would have not gone down well.... call it some kind of safety precaution or what ever you like if my partner wanted to track my every move he wouldn't need an app ... he would see me walk out the door
i do not cheat but the heck will i allow another person the right to follow my every move. that troubles me

LS was pretty young when she had her daughter, 19-20 years old. By all accounts, HH is quite independent and well on her way to becoming an self-sufficient young adult.

I imagine LS felt that she was basically done parenting and ready to get back to living only for herself. This would only exacerbate her resentment, being a primary caregiver for two young children who were not her own.

So why would she marry Al knowing of his children and military career? Why would she help him win custody?

Because she lacks self-awareness and she's impulsive. She obviously doesn't think out long-term consequences and enjoys winning, especially when it's a "victory" against her biggest rival. She wanted another "win" against LH and to be the hero stepmom who stood up to take care of these children.

The reality that she'd very often be the solo caretaker of these children for many years didn't sink in until it actually happened.

Consider this, from her former coworker who vacationed with them:

Stauch often talked about being a “hero” by saving her husband from a failing marriage, Suggs said. When Gannon went missing, Suggs clung to a sliver of hope that he would be found because Stauch liked being that “hero.”

https://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/crime/article240819176.html

That's why she fought the custody battles alongside Al. To maintain her idea of herself as the ever self-sacrificing family hero.

45 minutes home to Petco
45 minutes Petco to Castlerock.
Minumum 10 minute visits to Petco each time
45 minutes Castlerock back to Petco.
45 minutes Petco back to home.

Did she kill Gannon before she went to Petco first visit?
Did she kill himbetween Petco and Castlerock?
Did he kill him on way back from Castlerock to Petco or
Did she kill him between Petco and home on return journey?

I'm not subscribing to the theory he died naturally in the truck all by himself and her only task was to dispose of his body.

Am mathematically challenged.
Did she visit Petco at all?

Police took a white car n January 31, day of tV interview.

Did a car swap take place in or around Petco on that day?
Is that the reason LE took the white car, if it was white?

It really looks like she had very little time to kill and dispose of him if above times are accurate?

Are there considerably shorter routes she could have taken?
Even if so, she still had a very tight time frame in which to kill him.

... but keep in mind, this case is out of Colorado, and with legal marijuana comes treats like gummy bears, cookies, brownies etc. all filled with THC. It is possible that TS purchased some of these items and gave them to GS as a sort of special treat as an apology for her "freaking out" <modsnip>. MOO obviously, but that would definitely be easier than a handful of pills.

Gummy bears, cookies, etc. that contain marijuana usually taste slightly different than their regular, non-laced counterparts so I'm not sure it would have been easier. An 11 year old surely would have questioned a "weird" taste. Also there aren't really any dispensaries in Colorado Springs so she would have had to have gotten any of that elsewhere. Trust me. I live in Colorado and have extensive knowledge of this industry, not through personal use but through business.

Also keep in mind, no one really overdoses on marijuana. If she gave him a large dose, he would have probably just gone to sleep. It wouldn't kill him, even in the extreme.

Last edited by a moderator:
45 minutes home to Petco
45 minutes Petco to Castlerock.
Minumum 10 minute visits to Petco each time
45 minutes Castlerock back to Petco.
45 minutes Petco back to home.

Did she kill Gannon before she went to Petco first visit?
Did she kill himbetween Petco and Castlerock?
Did he kill him on way back from Castlerock to Petco or
Did she kill him between Petco and home on return journey?

I'm not subscribing to the theory he died naturally in the truck all by himself and her only task was to dispose of his body.

Am mathematically challenged.
Did she visit Petco at all?

Police took a white car n January 31, day of tV interview.

Did a car swap take place in or around Petco on that day?
Is that the reason LE took the white car, if it was white?

It really looks like she had very little time to kill and dispose of him if above times are accurate?

Are there considerably shorter routes she could have taken?
Even if so, she still had a very tight time frame in which to kill him.

I've been hoping people would do this for days. I'm not familiar with the area at all. If her lie is that he went to a friends house then she would have to dispose of the body near her neighborhood. If you look at the timeline it should be able to triangulate where she was that day.

Obviously we don't have the GPS tracking etc. But I'm thinking if she found him dead in the car after the first Petco stop and actually went back HOME to her neighborhood to dispose of the body. Then back to Petco to reboot the day and then castlerock and then home. Technically she's got all the stops in there.

It's the kind of dumb logic that goes along with the "boards fly out of trucks all the time" nonsense.

This was not a case of child abuse leading to accidental death, this was cold blooded murder to cover up child abuse.

While I'm inclined to agree, I think I'm going to reserve agreeing completely until we see the results of his autopsy, after he's found.
Fact is, we really don't know specifically how he died.
LE doesn't even know for sure, yet.

I'm not a legal professional but the way I read the charges, the 1st degree murder charge applies in the state of Colorado because if you abuse a child to death, who is under the age of 12, and you're the person in a position of trust to that child you're nailed with a 1st degree murder charge. Colorado First-Degree Murder

The way the law reads, it makes zero exception for whether or not it was an accident, or you didn't mean to take it that far, or any of that. In fact none of that matters at all.

But the ME's eventual findings should (hopefully) clearly indicate both MOD and COD, and then we'll (possibly?) know whether it really was cold blooded murder, or an extremely abusive situation that did lead to his accidental/unintended death.

jmo

Gummy bears, cookies, etc. that contain marijuana usually taste slightly different than their regular, non-laced counterparts so I'm not sure it would have been easier. An 11 year old surely would have questioned a "weird" taste. Also there aren't really any dispensaries in Colorado Springs so she would have had to have gotten any of that elsewhere. Trust me. I live in Colorado and have extensive knowledge of this industry, not through personal use but through business.

Also keep in mind, no one really overdoses on marijuana. If she gave him a large dose, he would have probably just gone to sleep. It wouldn't kill him, even in the extreme.

I didn't mean using the MJ as a way to kill him, but more to subdue him. I no longer live in Springs, but did about 5 years ago. I've never consumed any of the products so I can't speak to how "off" they taste.

Listened to TS phone recorded call with unidentified woman and the irony of TS trying to justify the removal of the LH children because of birth mom's choice of alleged unsuitable mate(s) with repeated arrests was too much!

During this call, I think TS really thought her alibi was foolproof and that she indeed fooled LE.

The explanation for Petco having to do with traveling towards Douglas County to buy a bike for AS and how she was headed "Play it again sports" sounded very reactionary to me -- I don't think she expected that question. I also think TS tried to recover here by saying she gave this nugget of info to LE since she did not have her phone on the trip for GPS/ping at Petco.

I did not hear the question or TS response to why she did not take her phone with her on Monday when she left the house to travel to Douglas County.

MOO

Last edited:
GANNON is my hero!...that is quite interesting, there is much info we do not have, this could explain some of his issues...if she took his meds, could splain some of hers, but keep in mind she was acting in rational way to cover up any harm to Gannon, MOO

Rational is simply not a word I would use to describe her. Calculating, diabolical, and self serving are more accurate, imo. She would have been still on them during all this- or started taking them after this- to get "everything" done, so there would be no "super crash" coming down, except exhaustion. We still have no idea if she was on prescribed meds either.

obviously there is nothing at all "positive" about this case but we and the world can get one thing out of it. We are witnessing any number of DSM defined mental illnesses in real time. I wont go so far to label or diagnose them but we are witnessing them in real time. I don't like to assign labels in general but mostly because there are countless productive and caring members of society - that don't murder people - and sometimes labeling is used as a way to define someone. At least... we can positively say LS is a pathological liar. We have an easier time seeing it because we are removed (and are already aware of this kinds stuff) and for the family, hindsight is 20/20. Her loved ones weren't able to see the signs of her mental illness.

Part of Gannon's legacy will be and already is... the education of mental illness.

I really wish getting help and the stigma that comes with it was gone and done with. I also wish mental illness was accessible to all. Hopefully one day. I have a sympathy for her while still knowing she is horrible to the core and has committed and is still committing the worst humanity is capable of.

Gannon, I'm sorry you paid for her illness. It's just not fair.

if any of my ex's had ever tried that with me it would have not gone down well.... call it some kind of safety precaution or what ever you like if my partner wanted to track my every move he wouldn't need an app ... he would see me walk out the door
i do not cheat but the heck will i allow another person the right to follow my every move. that troubles me

It's certainly not for everybody. That's why burner phones are perfect for some people. I don't really care if anyone in my family knows were I am at any given moment. If something bad happened to me, my family could find me pretty quickly. These smartphones are called "smart" for a reason.

On a funny note...my daughter and her husband stopped by my house after a late night out with friends. They were feeling no pain because they weren't the designated driver of the evening.

Next morning I couldn't find my cell phone so I tracked it...right to their house. Lol. It was stuck between the front seat and the console. Nobody remembered picking it up by mistake when visiting me.

I teased that they did it on purpose because when I drove over to their house to retrieve it, I also brought them hangover food for breakfast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum