Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt the burning theory myself. As others from CO have posted on earlier threads, people in that area react quickly to threats of fire so it wouldn't have gone unnoticed. And if it was noticed, and there were people who called it in, it have would have been investigated to put it out. So they'd have some remains I'd think.

It's not so easy to fully cremate a human body. In a crematory it can take a few hours and that's at a steady temperature higher than an ordinary fire in the woods would have (usually at least 1400°) And even then larger pieces of bones can remain.

JMO
She didn’t have time.

The whole death penalty thing is a nonstarter. I know they have until July to use it, but we haven't executed anyone in 20 years in this state. Why would anyone even waste breath on that in Colorado? You get an odd person against the dp on the jury who wasn't honest about it and Voila! hung jury.

To frighten the suspect into negotiating. None of us knows TS very well, but I'm guessing some of the people around her have better insights.

Do juries in Colorado do the sentencing? Is that even part of the trial?

After hearing this, I wanted to know how many search warrants were issued in the Kelsey Berreth case, just out of curiosity.

The following is from Patrick Frazee’s preliminary hearing, which took place on February 19th, 2019.:
“4:36 p.m.

DA Dan May says he has no objection to releasing any of the search or arrest warrants after talking with law enforcement. May says there were 32 search warrants in conversation with the defense.” (BBM)
Blog: Patrick Frazee appears in court for preliminary hearing

Frazee was arrested on December 21, 2018, so he had been in custody for approximately two months at that point; Kelsey was reported missing on Dec. 2nd but had not been seen since Nov. 22nd.

So 32 search warrants over 11 weeks/79 days in Kelsey’s case vs. 107 over six weeks/44 days (assuming that the number has remained the same since last week) in Gannon’s.

Wow. Quite a comparison.

Prosecutor also basically said they aren’t charging her with planning it like in typical 1stDM cases but “knowingly” allowing death to occur. That leaves room for accident/panicked defense. But I think that what she did with the body after death is going to be what gets her.
How would the accident/panic defense help her? It still wouldn't excuse her actions. If there was an accident, a normal person would get immediate help. Panicking is not a defense. Imo

I doubt the burning theory myself. As others from CO have posted on earlier threads, people in that area react quickly to threats of fire so it wouldn't have gone unnoticed. And if it was noticed, and there were people who called it in, it have would have been investigated to put it out. So they'd have some remains I'd think.

It's not so easy to fully cremate a human body. In a crematory it can take a few hours and that's at a steady temperature higher than an ordinary fire in the woods would have (usually at least 1400°) And even then larger pieces of bones can remain.

JMO
It’s also still possible to tell that the ashes are cremated remains with a simple field test. Even if she was able to burn his body without anyone noticing and calling in the fire (highly unlikely) there would still be ash that would be easily identifiable as human remains.

I wonder where her family is, where her parents are. I know they are out of State but is this a signal they aren’t giving her support?

Not sure I'd assume that. We really don't know what economic resources her family has. Some people can't leave jobs and fly across the country. (And go-fund-me efforts likely wouldn't work )

I know I've said this before but Robeson Co NC where TS is from is not a prosperous part of NC. I don't know if she has family in SC or just friends but SC overall isn't a terribly prosperous state either outside of certain areas.

JMO

Knowing but not planning can still be premeditation. Is that what he meant?
I think so. Even though she did not pre plan the murder, she knew what she was doing as she did it, and could have stopped at any time. Which makes me think there was a long period of time that this happened, which makes me so sad.

Oh she's definitely feeling miserable right now. The game is over and she lost. She knows her life is over and it will never be the same. She has to be pretty angry right now.

She still has not shown one bit of remorse or guilt for what she did to Gannon, but I don't expect her to.

Imo

There are some people who get so angry, so high and mighty in their righteous anger, that it takes them a long time to settle down. Or they don't ever settle down. They remain angry at the people they've harmed. Permanently.

We can understand that in some circumstances, but not when the victim is an innocent child.

She can see the cards are now (way) stacked against her. She still thinks she's going to win over some people with her side of the story (but her lawyers know how difficult that's going to be - they don't want her on the stand).

I thought the first reports said the transport guard had to get medical attention. But then the later reports said that TS had to go to the hospital.
I don't believe that elbow cut is from that incident.
Yes, it appears both received medical attention.
Not necessarily because they were seriously injured, more because those are the protocols.

Did I understand the judge to say that in the court hearings going forward- cameras will not be allowed?

That's correct.

No more cameras in the courtroom per CO's dumb expanded media coverage rules.

On the upside, early signs do seem to indicate that this judge may be at least slightly more relaxed in terms of his "Decorum Orders" than Judge Sells was during the entire Frazee case.

He may allow a sketch artist into the court room, at least.

Not holding my breath, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member