Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Person on Twitter tells reporter Ashley Franco they will be in line at 7:30 tomorrow with their kids and 12 friends.
Her response:

If you're that motivated, go for it! Just make sure you're staying quiet the whole time and being respectful. Judges are very picky. Also watch for @Spencer_WNews story tonight on why the sheriff's office is asking people to be cautious if they're wanting to attend.

Ashley Franco on Twitter

These people care about Gannon. I get that. But this hearing, or any murder trial, is no place for children. This isn’t the way to show support, in my opinion. I wish people would find more constructive ways to make their love for Gannon known.
Moo

Will her arraignment tomorrow be televised?
Under the EMC rules, it’s supposed to be (advisements and arraignments). The defense opposed it on the advisement, and they lost.

They appear to be opposing it here, and it looks like they lost again. No news outlets have mentioned it yet, but Colorado courts have a site with a paywall that has documents indicating the judge approved a camera.

For our purposes, consider it a rumor, but expect it to be either televised live, or released after the fact.

We’ll likely know for sure tomorrow morning.

After tomorrow I’m expecting all the relevant documents to start appearing on the free court site.

ETA: There will be a camera in the courtroom.

We will not stream it. There will be a camera in the courtroom. Because it's only one camera for all the news stations, in order to be fair we are all in agreement that the video won't air until every station has it. Hope that makes sense!

https://twitter.com/ashleykktv/status/1237531220465963008?s=21

Last edited:
She and her attorneys have certainly seen the arrest affidavit at this point.

It’s sealed only to the public right now.

I missed that! I saw the motion where defense requested that it be unsealed only to them and not to the public, did the judge rule on that, and open it only to the defense? This is what I get for skipping through threads when I get behind.

In that article it is reported that her attorney filed a document:

"One of the documents asks for the judge to ban all media coverage for the case, citing that unfair coverage and negative publicity would keep her client from getting a fair trial. "

Negative publicity...huh? Maybe, If your client had kept her mouth shut, I don't think we'd be having this discussion.
Yup, her emotional vomit and diarrhea of the mouth doesn’t do a thing for her. And I doubt her lawyers can contain her.

I missed that! I saw the motion where defense requested that it be unsealed only to them and not to the public, did the judge rule on that, and open it only to the defense? This is what I get for skipping through threads when I get behind.
You need a compelling reason not to supply the defense with the arrest affidavit.

In the Frazee case, he and his attorneys didn’t have access to it for some time. A lot of lawyers chimed in to call it unprecedented, and some even used the words “unconstitutional.”

The concern there was the very real possibility of accomplices, and the risk to the ongoing investigation that had only been broken wide open a day before his arrest.

As there appears to be no compelling justification for not giving TS and her attorneys access, then it’s probably more than safe to assume they have it.

It’s still sealed to the public, but the media has filed suit in order to have it released. The prosecution does not oppose it.

Can you guys clear something up for me? I found in the media/timeline thread that AS and LH share custody of GS. Was GS visiting when all this went down, or doing a year here? Just curious if anyone knows.

I'm not sure if it's ever been stated in MSM. Since we're in the current school year, I just naturally assumed school year with dad, summers with mom.
That's a pretty common schedule for a shared/joint custody situation.

She may want to put her best face forward, and appear “meek,” as you say.

MEEK?!?!? She has no clue how to even act meek, MG. That's like trying to turn PF into a hunky dunky handsome prince in green stripes and pink handcuffs.

Seriously, maybe if they sedate her to help her from striking out. But even that's a stretch. :rolleyes:

MOO,MOO

@MassGuy we should get to view the AW tomorrow right
It all depends on when the judge hears the media’s argument. We don’t know when that’s scheduled for.

Unless that happened today, then I think we might have to wait. I don’t think it will be a long wait though.

Under the EMC rules, it’s supposed to be (advisements and arraignments). The defense opposed it on the advisement, and they lost.

They appear to be opposing it here, and it looks like they lost again. No news outlets have mentioned it yet, but Colorado courts have a site with a paywall that has documents indicating the judge approved a camera.

For our purposes, consider it a rumor, but expect it to be either televised live, or released after the fact.

We’ll likely know for sure tomorrow morning.

After tomorrow I’m expecting all the relevant documents to start appearing on the free court site.

Remember last week only one news station was granted expanded media coverage, KOAA . So they will have the only camera in the room tomorrow. Here’s what Ashley Franco KKTV says about it:

We will not stream it. There will be a camera in the courtroom. Because it's only one camera for all the news stations, in order to be fair we are all in agreement that the video won't air until every station has it. Hope that makes sense!
Ashley Franco on Twitter

Can you guys clear something up for me? I found in the media/timeline thread that AS and LH share custody of GS. Was GS visiting when all this went down, or doing a year here? Just curious if anyone knows.
He apparently was living there during the school year. We don't know what the visitation schedule was, but maybe the kids spent summers and holidays with their mom during those two years. Imo

Remember last week only one news station was granted expanded media coverage, KOAA . So they will have the only camera in the room tomorrow. Here’s what Ashley Franco KKTV says about it:

Ashley Franco on Twitter
That confirms it then, there will be a camera. I just hope we don’t have to wait as long as last time.

Each EMC order is different, as each hearing stands alone. What happens in one hearing, may not happen in the next.

According to this Tweet though, it’s the same as last time. So we’re good.

He was enrolled in a nearby school, as was his little sister. IMO, they were living there, not visiting.

Plus, all the talk from LS about having to care for the kids when Al was away for work, leads me to believe they were there long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GibsonGirl