Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that too but in the middle of court and if she just accidently strangled herself by swallowing down the wrong pipe and knows that's all it is what else was she suppose to do, she didn't know it was gonna happened and she was trying to hold it in and answer the Judges questions, im sure she was embarrassed and was hoping she could just clear her throat enough to finish up and stop coughing!!
Gannon is my hero!
Best reply yet!I often get coughing fits like that...UPPP years ago( I still snore) I self quarantine whenever I have anything remotely contagious or around my friends who are at risk...I believe she had a similar spell and it is embarrassing ! We are forgetting that they are PDs, trying to make the most of a bad situation... and when they do a great job, we should be happy... they are fighting a lost cause... get it over and done, put her away from vulnerable people! I believe that is one reason we reacted, no do overs! Hard not to be on alert about covid 19, but I trust professionals to act professionally. Perfect excuse for a sick dayMOO, course then we’d have had to wait longer for Letecias appearance...

If HH asked LS to confess, do you think she would ?
I don't think she would, however if HH knows anything about this crime as in Texts or Phone calls she will most likely tell what she knows to LE because they have all data from phones and they already know that she knows, I just wish something would touch her and make her tell them where Gannon is....he don't deserve to be laying outside somewhere, but I fear she is gonna keep her mouth shut and take her chances on the jury!IMO

That's a horrific thing to do to a small child,surely they could have video linked him poor baby:(
It was horrible to watch. He was right up on the witness stand answering questions but it wasn't long. The prosecution used pictures he had drawn in therapy of what he saw.

In this case I do think they might use Gannon's little sister as a witness, depending on how much she was aware of in terms of the family dynamics and how TS treated Gannon.

Imo

Misc. thoughts.

I slightly agree with @MassGuy that she won't crack. But, I also slightly agree with @Frig in seeing that she very well could crack. My narcissistic sister in law recently cracked when she realized everyone was on to her and the entire family was sick of putting up with her crap.

@Warwick7 and @RaspberryMama, another Minnesota girl here, waving at both of you!

The two defense attorneys were like TweedleDee and TweedleDum. They comported themselves as "mail order law degree" lawyers (I understand that isn't possible). I am a middle age mom, but they were like the quintessential middle age mom, doesn't get out much and no clue how to act in public situations.
Waving )))))))))))))))) !!!!!!

I understand that sleuthers may propose scenarios that we don’t all agree with, but I think it unfair to take jabs at them and attack their theories. I don’t believe acid was used in this case. I don’t believe she had the time or resources. It is not outside the realm of possibility, even if it isn’t the theory I would think occurred.

However, none of these murders occurred in Mexico, they aren’t from the movies, and suggesting the possibility isn’t ‘insane’. It can and does happen, and yes, it happens in the US. Real life is sometimes worse than the movies, sadly. The Tricia Todd case haunted me. Case references below.

Man gets 35 years in prison for murdering and dismembering his ex-wife and leaving her body to disintegrate in a tub of ACID | Daily Mail Online

Hearing delayed for mother of Texas girl found dead in bucket of acid

Husband confesses to hiding wife's body in drum of acid

Acid, Handcuffs And Drain Cleaner: Gruesome Evidence Emerges In Murder Of Corona Boy Noah McIntosh
BBM
@perception≠reality Its honorable and courageous of you to call out this behavior. This site is place where crime sleuths come together and share theories, thoughts and information. I enjoy learning from the wisdom of the members of this forum.

And while I may not agree (or want to believe), until I see the evidence, I am in no position to discount anyone's theory as a possibility. And what if the evidence reveals receipts from Lowes that TS purchased acid?

Years ago, a relative in LE worked on the Pennsylvania murder case of Susan Reinhart and her two children. The children's bodies were never found. However, evidence in Jay Smith's basement included drums of HCL stored under a utility sink. It was believed that Jay Smith dissolved their bodies in acid. Further, he bragged about it while incarcerated. LE's desperation to convict resulted in misconduct which allowed Jay Smith to walk out of prison a free man, never to be tried again.
NJ - NJ - Blairstown, 'Princess Doe' WhtFem 36UFNJ, 14-18, Jul'82

Jay C. Smith - Wikipedia

Jay C. Smith - National Registry of Exonerations

Susan Reinert, teacher and kids killed by ex-principal Jay Smith: notorious murders

https://www.amazon.com/Principal-Suspect-Murders-Updated-Expanded-ebook/dp/B00M4XDCUQ

Say wha???? I'm a middle aged mom. I know how to act in public. Honestly, I didn't even know this stereotype existed. Yikes.

I'm letting it slide this time, because you are from MN and therefore I know you are a nice person.;):cool:

I should expand. I am a mom who home educated her children. HOMESCHOOL MOM should also be in there. It is even a joke of a stereotype amongst us homeschool moms. Hard to explain, and I maybe shouldn't have even gone there. Again, NOT ALL, but they just seemed to dress dowdy and bumble around and act like they had just started practicing law. And the incessant talking to Tee was disrespectful and rude and distracting.

If HH asked LS to confess, do you think she would ?
nope
Tee loves Tee more than anyone else including her daughter... HH's value to Tee would be in validating how wonderful mother she was and how grateful HH should be... and sadly we have seen what happens to a child that doesn't fulfil the role Tee expects of them, being her bio child would not have protected HH from her mother's personality

Neither she or her attorneys have even seen what they have on her. At least not as of yesterday. I doubt that there’s been much discussion beyond explaining to her what’s happening and telling her to not pile on to herself by opening her mouth or lashing out.

Dan May at the home, 107 warrants, video evidence, God knows what else (potentially blood and tissue), and they’re still awaiting test results on some things, while confident they can prove the 4 charges, is already anxiety provoking enough. When her counsel sees that affidavit and they start having real conversations with her about what she’s facing, that might change things. She looked like a cowering trapped animal yesterday, wanting to be anywhere but in that courtroom with a prosecutor, a judge, and Gannon’s parents. She surely now grasps that all sympathy goes to them and her child victim, not her.

She was boastful and arrogant and mad at the world when she was in charge of the story and the camera angle, but it’s different now. She made claims that LE obtained warrants unlawfully, but her lawyers are going to share the sad news that the warrants are solid, and it’s what’s in them and what evidence was found that’s her problem. She may not want to endure this for the next two years. I think she’s basically a coward who only feels powerful with people she can manipulate and frighten, and who enjoys secrets, and those days are over. She now has no more agency in this life, other than bargaining for perks in prison.

I don’t think it’s a given that she’s unbreakable. But with full hair and makeup for trial and a defense team, she may enjoy the ride. I’m not making predictions just yet.
I think this is the closest to what I've been thinking. Time will only tell, because my crystal ball has been on the fritz lately.

I think at this point, the threat of DP is about the only leverage the DA has to get T to speak. I also hope that she can't stand the thought of being forced to sit in the courtroom while all the evidence is presented stripping her naked piece by piece.

BBM.

Sure. I get that. But it was also all they had 10 days ago when she was arrested in SC too. And at the press conference that day, the DA said the top charge would carry Life Without the Possibility of Parole. Often when an arrest is made in a capital crime and the DP may be in play (or used as a pressure tactic), the DA will say no decision has been made on whether to seek the DP. But they didn't do that here and now seem to be trying to act like it's a real possibility. I'm pretty sure her attorneys know it isn't.
JMO

Me too. The first is expense and having no place to stay. Second, HH has to get her own life together in this new reality. She hadn't finished high school in CS, is my understanding. Now she has to set up life "back home" and without parents. Since she is not in CS (IMO), she can't continue with her ROTC training either.

Hopefully her grandmother can step in a little. HH has known AS for a long time. If she has any information that could help find Gannon, I sure hope she does the right thing. But she may have consulted a lawyer, herself, and the advice may have included staying put (outside of CO) at this time.
I really hope all the best for HH, I don't think she had anything to do with it. Her mom has just destroyed the last remnants of her childhood and the start of her adult life. She posted a little video montage of her and Gannon, then removed it at one point. I can't imagine all she is going through and I hope she has a lot of support.

Neither she or her attorneys have even seen what they have on her. At least not as of yesterday. I doubt that there’s been much discussion beyond explaining to her what’s happening and telling her to not pile on to herself by opening her mouth or lashing out.

Dan May at the home, 107 warrants, video evidence, God knows what else (potentially blood and tissue), and they’re still awaiting test results on some things, while confident they can prove the 4 charges, is already anxiety provoking enough. When her counsel sees that affidavit and they start having real conversations with her about what she’s facing, that might change things. She looked like a cowering trapped animal yesterday, wanting to be anywhere but in that courtroom with a prosecutor, a judge, and Gannon’s parents. She surely now grasps that all sympathy goes to them and her child victim, not her.

She was boastful and arrogant and mad at the world when she was in charge of the story and the camera angle, but it’s different now. She made claims that LE obtained warrants unlawfully, but her lawyers are going to share the sad news that the warrants are solid, and it’s what’s in them and what evidence was found that’s her problem. She may not want to endure this for the next two years. I think she’s basically a coward who only feels powerful with people she can manipulate and frighten, and who enjoys secrets, and those days are over. She now has no more agency in this life, other than bargaining for perks in prison.

I don’t think it’s a given that she’s unbreakable. But with full hair and makeup for trial and a defense team, she may enjoy the ride. I’m not making predictions just yet.
We are on the same page. I completely agree with your take on this. IMO, I strongly feel that she is a sociopath. She is not going to go down without drama. She sincerely believes herself to be blameless and she will sling whatever she can get her hands on towards any and all people involved in what she views as the destruction of her life. She is a caged animal now. She has and will do what every caged animal does.

My opinion is that TS won't admit to her physical abuse and where Gannon is. She wants no evidence found on how he died, even though there is some. TS might still want people to believe Gannon died from another persons hands. Or some other accident. She is only responsible for an over medicated child in trying to help so what happened after that she will defend herself. My opinion

Can they call her 17 year old daughter to the stand at trial and make her testify? She'll more than likely be 18 by then.

Have they been able to interview HH (her 17 yr old daughter) since they would need parental consent (I think) to interview her?
Actually, I'm not positive about that.

I will add, I feel extremely sorry for her daughter. She must be in shock!
AS has been part of her life since she was Gannon's age. She had already lost her father several years back. Her mother has essentially left her an orphan. moo

BBM
@perception≠reality Its honorable and courageous of you to call out this behavior. This site is place where crime sleuths come together and share theories, thoughts and information. I enjoy learning from the wisdom of the members of this forum.

And while I may not agree (or want to believe), until I see the evidence, I am in no position to discount anyone's theory as a possibility. And what if the evidence reveals receipts from Lowes that TS purchased acid?

Years ago, a relative in LE worked on the Pennsylvania murder case of Susan Reinhart and her two children. The children's bodies were never found. However, evidence in Jay Smith's basement included drums of HCL stored under a utility sink. It was believed that Jay Smith dissolved their bodies in acid. Further, he bragged about it while incarcerated. LE's desperation to convict resulted in misconduct which allowed Jay Smith to walk out of prison a free man, never to be tried again.
NJ - NJ - Blairstown, 'Princess Doe' WhtFem 36UFNJ, 14-18, Jul'82

Jay C. Smith - Wikipedia

Jay C. Smith - National Registry of Exonerations

Susan Reinert, teacher and kids killed by ex-principal Jay Smith: notorious murders

https://www.amazon.com/Principal-Suspect-Murders-Updated-Expanded-ebook/dp/B00M4XDCUQ
I'm glad you brought up that case. I mentioned it in an earlier thread when we were discussing teacher background checks because Jay Smith was a high school principal! Some of the teachers called him the "vampire" because he was weird and he wore some kind of black cape.

I couldn't remember his name.
I think he was even suspected to have killed his own daughter or something.

Many of his victims were believed to have been dissolved in acid.

Imo

Did you guys hear the coughing and sneezing going on...when the camera scanned, I didn't see anyone in the room; I think it was behind the camera cuz all of a sudden, it just stopped, making me think they left the room.

And the defense lawyer, I had to laugh that she didn't clear her throat until the Judge asked if she needed some water THAT WAS SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER.

Oh, Letecia, you've got the defense you deserve.

I should expand. I am a mom who home educated her children. HOMESCHOOL MOM should also be in there. It is even a joke of a stereotype amongst us homeschool moms. Hard to explain, and I maybe shouldn't have even gone there. Again, NOT ALL, but they just seemed to dress dowdy and bumble around and act like they had just started practicing law. And the incessant talking to Tee was disrespectful and rude and distracting.
TS is allowed to have counsel explain what’s going in the hearing and answer her questions just like anyone else. That’s why the DP was sitting next to her and not at the table with her co-counsel. It’s clear in the video that sometimes the counselor initiated and sometimes she turned to TS to answer her questions. Also, dowdy is subjective. They were dressed in suits and obviously the judge had no problem with what they were wearing, so I think maybe it’s time to lay off their physical appearance and focus on the important stuff like where Gannon could be. MOO. Like a cow.

I think LS woke up one morning, recently, and said to her self.... Judas H. Priest.....These 'expletives deleted' are charging me with 1st degree murder!

I also think her attorney(s) have had some conversations with her relative to the situation she now finds her self in.

And since these things have transpired, I think a wee bit of reality has settled in, a sort of hazy vision of the truth, hence the deer in the headlights look.

An epiphany if you will, LS has had the realization that there are many people who suspect her to be a murderer, and that there is a very significant chance she'll never taste of freedom again.

That right there can be immobilizing.

However, I still sense she's ready to state her case, of innocence. I think she wants to continue the lie. But I don't think her defense counsel is buyin' it.

Where's Gannon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members