Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #36

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM
@perception≠reality Its honorable and courageous of you to call out this behavior. This site is place where crime sleuths come together and share theories, thoughts and information. I enjoy learning from the wisdom of the members of this forum.

And while I may not agree (or want to believe), until I see the evidence, I am in no position to discount anyone's theory as a possibility. And what if the evidence reveals receipts from Lowes that TS purchased acid?

Years ago, a relative in LE worked on the Pennsylvania murder case of Susan Reinhart and her two children. The children's bodies were never found. However, evidence in Jay Smith's basement included drums of HCL stored under a utility sink. It was believed that Jay Smith dissolved their bodies in acid. Further, he bragged about it while incarcerated. LE's desperation to convict resulted in misconduct which allowed Jay Smith to walk out of prison a free man, never to be tried again.
NJ - NJ - Blairstown, 'Princess Doe' WhtFem 36UFNJ, 14-18, Jul'82

Jay C. Smith - Wikipedia

Jay C. Smith - National Registry of Exonerations

Susan Reinert, teacher and kids killed by ex-principal Jay Smith: notorious murders

https://www.amazon.com/Principal-Suspect-Murders-Updated-Expanded-ebook/dp/B00M4XDCUQ

What an absolutely heartbreaking outcome. I just cannot fathom a murderer walking free-and yet so many do, even when all arrows point to them as the guilty party. What a horrific way to take a life and dispose of someone. So much tragedy.

I want the answers for Gannon to be much more simple. I don’t want to imagine these awful things happening in real life. It’s too much. Even the simplest explanation will be bad enough. I believe the DA in this case will work methodically to be sure nothing like this happens here.

Last edited:
I would at least expect someone in her family to show up at the first appearance, just to give her the message that they will be supportive of her throughout the process, whether she is guilty or not. It will be a long time before the trial starts.
Maybe she just doesn't have that kind of family support, or maybe they just couldn't be there, I don't know. Maybe she has spoken with them on the phone.

Imo
Aside from economical factors, a supporter of TS also assumes a risk. Association can result in reputational damage. Employers may frown upon a manager or staff member standing in support of an alleged child murder. Not sure I would enjoy seeing my hairdresser, postal carrier or physician sitting in that front row.

JMOO

OK- help me here. If the reinstatement of the death penalty applies to CHARGES made on 07/01/20 or later, how can they consider the death penalty in this case?

The ban on the DP in CO doesn't go into place UNTIL 7/01. If charges are filed before then, they can still ask for the DP.

It's not a reinstatement that's happening - it's a complete ban on the DP from July onward. In Colorado.

I'm pretty sure police can question a minor (as a witness) without parental consent. The way it works where I live is that they can question the child, but if a parent is present they can stop the questioning and tell police they don't want their child questioned. I think it works that way in most states.

So without a parent present LE can question a minor about a crime without consent.

However, if it is the minor who is suspected of committing a crime they can't question them without parental consent.

I'm not sure if TS's daughter has turned 18 yet, but I see no reason why she wouldn't be allowed to testify.
Children have testified against their parents in court before.

There was a case in which a child drowned and the mother was accused of drowning her. Her five or six year old brother testified against his own mother, telling the court that she held his sister under the water. I can't remember the exact case but I saw the little boy testify in court. It was heart breaking. He cried when he saw his mother again sitting in the courtroom.

Imo
I remember that. It was heartbreaking.

Aside from economical factors, a supporter of TS also assumes a risk. Association can result in reputational damage. Employers may frown upon a manager or staff member standing in support of an alleged child murder. Not sure I would enjoy seeing my hairdresser, postal carrier or physician sitting in that front row.

JMOO
I don’t disagree that this thinking is how the real world works, but she’s innocent until proven guilty. I wouldn’t give a flip who was sitting in that row supporting her. If they believe she’s innocent, then that’s what they believe. They are entitled to that belief and to support her if they believe it. I might be inclined to consider them deluded or flat out blind, but I wouldn’t think less of a person who is there to support their family or friend. God forbid I am ever in TS’s place...I would want my family there believing I am innocent.

I'm not a legal eagle, Maybe someone hear could answer this., With everything police and prosecution know, enough to say they do not believe Gannon is alive, Do they tell the parents what evidence they have to support that? I think as a mom it would be impossible for me to give that hope up unless someone showed me evidence.

I should expand. I am a mom who home educated her children. HOMESCHOOL MOM should also be in there. It is even a joke of a stereotype amongst us homeschool moms. Hard to explain, and I maybe shouldn't have even gone there. Again, NOT ALL, but they just seemed to dress dowdy and bumble around and act like they had just started practicing law. And the incessant talking to Tee was disrespectful and rude and distracting.

I tend to agree about the dowdy dress.

I've seen lawyers smiling in court hearings many times. It doesn't bother me as much as others. I see it as appeasing a judge, trying to establish an amenable rapport.

The lawyer whose job it was to babysit had a very difficult task explaining things to TS as the proceedings went on. She probably in the back of her mind was thinking about that deputy who was assaulted, all the while trying to focus and multitask.

I know. But the first thing that popped into my mind was "I sure hope the jury isn't watching". The joking strikes me as a kind of way to get on a good vibe with the judge and jury, but since I watch only about 2 murder trials a year, maybe it's just what happens these days and is normal.

The Trayvon Martin trial was as serious as it could be, I don't remember the same vibe as I've been seeing lately.

There are no juries at an arraignment. There's not going to be a jury for perhaps a year.

However, none of us needs to worry about being shocked by further behavior of Counsel, since we will probably only see them one more time.

Only pre-trial hearings can be televised and then only at the discretion of the Judge who, if he's reading SM including WS, may truly have second thoughts about the way the public sees proceedings. That was a normal proceeding, and lawyers are typically cordial (even jovial) with each other, especially if they haven't seen each other for a while. Any lawyer can cough or make a misstep and a Judge will feel protective over his/her own proceedings and people (both sets of attorneys and their staff).

So while today so many people are feeling critical of the Court and yesterday's doings, don't worry - soon enough, we'll be seeing nothing of the proceedings.

But this thread is definitely showing me why Judges do get concerned about media presence and the effect that coverage has on staff in the courtroom.

Misc. thoughts.

I slightly agree with @MassGuy that she won't crack. But, I also slightly agree with @Frig in seeing that she very well could crack. My narcissistic sister in law recently cracked when she realized everyone was on to her and the entire family was sick of putting up with her crap.

@Warwick7 and @RaspberryMama, another Minnesota girl here, waving at both of you!

The two defense attorneys were like TweedleDee and TweedleDum. They comported themselves as "mail order law degree" lawyers (I understand that isn't possible). I am a middle age mom, but they were like the quintessential middle age mom, doesn't get out much and no clue how to act in public situations.
The defense attorneys behavior may be acceptable for a meeting or behind a closed door hearing, but not in a televised hearing of a high profile case! It was disrespectful to what appears to be an older school judge.

The DA conducted himself in a professional and respectable manner. He hit every mark, was prepared and concise. His communication with the judge was a reflection of the DA's stellar performance. :)

TS gate talk was to defend herself as to what might have happened to Gannon. A distraction for her to use. I bet Gannon checking the gate was for a dog that slipped out and TS had to run after it. Many times my kids use to not fully latch a gate and I had to run all over to chase a dog down. TS would not deal well with that event to say the least. My opinions

lord, I have anxiety really bad and there is a certain uhhh person that is all up in this case doing live videos and running around acting like he is the worlds greatest reporter, my anxiety is sky high if I hear him for a few minutes, this is real life and this is a real little boy that is gone, some people just take advantage of any situation!!

There are no juries at an arraignment. There's not going to be a jury for perhaps a year.

However, none of us needs to worry about being shocked by further behavior of Counsel, since we will probably only see them one more time.

Only pre-trial hearings can be televised and then only at the discretion of the Judge who, if he's reading SM including WS, may truly have second thoughts about the way the public sees proceedings. That was a normal proceeding, and lawyers are typically cordial (even jovial) with each other, especially if they haven't seen each other for a while. Any lawyer can cough or make a misstep and a Judge will feel protective over his/her own proceedings and people (both sets of attorneys and their staff).

So while today so many people are feeling critical of the Court and yesterday's doings, don't worry - soon enough, we'll be seeing nothing of the proceedings.

But this thread is definitely showing me why Judges do get concerned about media presence and the effect that coverage has on staff in the courtroom.
I made that remark, re my first impression about hoping the jury wasn't there, in reference to the Durst trial. I probably wasn't clear enough, as I mentioned 3 different cases. I understand what you are explaining about the TS legal procedures in a state with rules like Colorado.

I wish I could like this post 1000s of times.

We
BBM
@perception≠reality Its honorable and courageous of you to call out this behavior. This site is place where crime sleuths come together and share theories, thoughts and information. I enjoy learning from the wisdom of the members of this forum.

And while I may not agree (or want to believe), until I see the evidence, I am in no position to discount anyone's theory as a possibility. And what if the evidence reveals receipts from Lowes that TS purchased acid?

Years ago, a relative in LE worked on the Pennsylvania murder case of Susan Reinhart and her two children. The children's bodies were never found. However, evidence in Jay Smith's basement included drums of HCL stored under a utility sink. It was believed that Jay Smith dissolved their bodies in acid. Further, he bragged about it while incarcerated. LE's desperation to convict resulted in misconduct which allowed Jay Smith to walk out of prison a free man, never to be tried again.

Jay C. Smith - Wikipedia

Susan Reinert, teacher and kids killed by ex-principal Jay Smith: notorious murders

https://www.amazon.com/Principal-Suspect-Murders-Updated-Expanded-ebook/dp/B00M4XDCUQ
Well they still got bradfield. I grew up near valley forge and I Remember this case well.

I personally think Tee has no recourse for what she has done. Like she said, she has moved on from it. So sitting in jail and contemplating what she has done? Nah, I’m not seeing it. If anything she is contemplating on how to get out of it or how to twist the story, or what to say to her attorneys. I think at this point in time and probably for at least a while longer, there is zero responsibility taking or thinking back to that day.

That's an interesting thought, but since she's looking so spaced out lately I would guess she would commit hara-kiri before she ever confessed. I don't know if it's drugs or what but she appears zombie like to me. Dissociated maybe?

I think Tee looks checked out a lot because her mind is always working overtime, thinking of how to explain away circumstantial evidence. We've all seen how anything that showed up on SM pointing to guilt on her part, she would HAVE TO bring it up and explain it away (with deceptive generalizations). I think she's always collecting information and thinking about how to spin it so she's the victim.

Rather than confessing or doing herself in, I predict Tee will stay defiant forever, and maybe even write a book about how she's the victim and it was all a conspiracy against her (similar to how not showing up to her teaching job wasn't her fault, and getting fired was a conspiracy against her). She'll try to turn this to her advantage, IMO. But I'd say confession is the least likely route of the 3.

JMO

The defense attorneys behavior may be acceptable for a meeting or behind a closed door hearing, but not in a televised hearing of a high profile case! It was disrespectful to what appears to be an older school judge.

The DA conducted himself in a professional and respectable manner. He hit every mark, was prepared and concise. His communication with the judge was a reflection of the DA's stellar performance. :)

You are basically making a really good argument for why the Judge should close the next proceedings. To the Court, it's a work day, and work day rules are in place. It's not a procedure intended as a public spectacle.

The behavior of the attorneys has absolutely no bearing on what evidence they have or how the case will eventually play out. I hope that we are allowed to see the April 14 hearing, and I don't think the Judge will change his mind about that one - but that may well be the last time we see anything from that courtroom.

That's because it's very different to actually be in a courtroom than to watch one on TV, and I can now see why many judges are reluctant to have cameras in the courtroom. I think it was important, this time, for TS to actually see what her situation truly is. She's not escaping and she will be on display, without makeup, without tweezing, etc. In front of AS and LH.

But really, she'll still be spending most of her time in a cell.

I'm not a legal eagle, Maybe someone hear could answer this., With everything police and prosecution know, enough to say they do not believe Gannon is alive, Do they tell the parents what evidence they have to support that? I think as a mom it would be impossible for me to give that hope up unless someone showed me evidence.

I believe LE has given AS and LH plenty of information as to what evidence they have found ( probably not all, but enough). LS referenced in the Crime Online article that AS was asking about the blood in Gannon’s room and the sock a board found in Douglas County. So LE had obviously given that information to AS/LH.

I think I'm in the minority, but, if the DA's office is a sharp as everyone says they are, then I'm guessing all the prosecutions cards are going to be dumped on the table relatively quickly, and soon, in public, if it hasn't started already. The defendant seemed overwhelmed, regardless of what people were saying on here about her being angry or spiteful or whatever. She was cowering, and not just because of her appearance. Looks to me like she knows she's cornered and is now realizing the insane situation she's in, regardless of what type of personality she's being pidgeon-holed into. They need to wallop her fast, overwhelm her, and she'll crack, big time. I'm not in the "she'll never admit it" camp.

Do the prosecutors put everything through the defense or do they have meetings that would include Defense, Prosecutors, and the perp? If meetings, they could overwhelm her with the evidence and her attorneys would not be able to stop her from trying to talk her way out of the evidence. MOO

As I was watching the DA yesterday, I was mildly wondering what an 18 year old was doing in that position. But his weapon is seriousness, it takes over his very young looks. It makes the observer really listen to him.

Last edited:
BBM

Jay C. Smith - Wikipedia

I both can and have discounted the acid bath suggestion.

Completely discounted and dismissed it.

It isn't supported by any of the known facts of the case.

It's extremely far-fetched, implausible AND impractical, given what we know.

Obviously, googling "acid drum murder" will bring up past cases.

That doesn't make it a viable scenario here.

It isn't.

JMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads