Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While we're waiting for the AA and the search warrants (they're two separate entities... thanks, @MassGuy !) ; anyone want to take a guess as to what they found or had search warrants for ?

As far as the search warrants :
  • TS' phone.
  • Gannon's phone if she didn't destroy it.
  • HH's phone (I have some theories but they can wait).
  • Red extended cab pickup truck.
  • HH's car.
  • TS' car (assuming TS had her own car although not much has been said about it).
  • Any rental vehicles.
  • The GPS info. on all of the vehicles.
  • Computers, tablets, and any other electronics belonging to both TS and HH.
  • The contents of the house.
  • AS and TS' ring camera -- even if TS avoided it, was there any activity on it from Sat- Mon. ?

Not included in the search warrants but maybe in the AA -- Witness testimony from the other minors in the house, friends Gannon may have talked to, and teachers in his school ?

I took a look at these links, but a warrant isn't needed for a witness to testify voluntarily to investigators before a trial, correct ?

Court documents detail charges, witness list in Letecia Stauch case; authorities still searching for Gannon - KRDO

".....The complaint also lists several hundred witnesses, including dozens of law enforcement members, including several from the Federal Bureau of Investigation based in Colorado and South Carolina, where Stauch was arrested.
The witness list also includes Stauch's daughter, and both Gannon's biological parents, Landon Hiott and Al Stauch...."

TIMELINE: From Gannon's disappearance to an arrest
"...During the March 2 news conference, news media was told that the arrest affidavit has been sealed to protect the criminal investigation..."

Media seeks to unseal arrest affidavit in Gannon Stauch murder case | The Wire
"...A motion filed by media attorney Steve Zansberg notes that Stauch’s lawyer opposes the unsealing of the probable cause affidavit, but the district attorney’s office does not..."

My opinion is that the D.A.'s office would supersede the media attorney ?

Gannon Stauch case: More than 107 search warrants filed in Gannon Stauch case

"...A group of news organizations, including the Denver Post, have asked Werner to make that affidavit public. He did not rule on that motion during Wednesday’s hearing and is expected to address the issue later.
Allen said the prosecution does not object to making the affidavit public at this point, because he does not believe releasing the document will compromise the investigation...."

Colorado Springs neighbors want to name street after 11-year-old Gannon Stauch
:)

I guess she wasn't smart enough to look for his contact list, incoming/outgoing communications, etc.? Although we do have to give her credit for looking up his internet history and finding the search for "can my parents track me if my phone is off", right? :rolleyes: Unless, of course, she is the one who performed the search herself? :eek:
I have no doubt that she was the one who performed that google search on his phone.

And she probably felt smug, like she was so damn smart, for doing so. Not realising what a red flag it would be, maybe even pointing to her guilt at trial.

Well yes,if she was a normal mother who hadnt killed her child and was covering her tracks!, but her explanation when someone asked that very reasonable question would be that she didn't know the password and was so worried it didn't even occur to her to ask AS because obviously she would need an excuse,she never checked his phone to call his friends because she knew he hadnt gone to his friends house but she would need a plausible reason as to why she didn't do the very obvious and check his phone.
Of course she would have shot herself in the foot then though because if she couldnt get in to his phone for his contacts then how would she know that he searched anything on google?, IMO she is one of those people who just rattles off the first thing that comes to mind when caught out and then has to keep on adapting because she hasnt thought about how one lie is going to expose another,it must be utterly exhausting both for her and the person she is lying to!

ETA I Replied when I saw this post and have since seen @10ofRods and @Warwick7 have posted the same thing.
Shows that great minds think alike.

There is a lot to digest, isn't there? All kinds of twists and turns, lies and half truths, attempts to direct attention elsewhere, and cast blame on others.

I 100% believe SHE is the one who performed the search on Gannon's phone. (And I would venture to guess that many others do as well). I am just curious to know when and where the search took place. I believe this internet search has significance, and we will hear much more about it from the phone experts on the witness list.

Was it made on Sunday night after an alleged incident involving carpet took place? Did Gannon lose his phone privileges, and she was in possession? If so; this would show pre-meditation, IMO. She was already looking for a way to explain Gannon's disappearance.

Was the search conducted during the four hour errand run? It breaks my heart to think she may have attempted to set Gannon up (and cast blame on him), during the time she was injuring him further, taking his life, or disposing of evidence. :(

Was it made after her return from running errands for 4 hours? This, IMO, shows that she was attempting to cover-up the fact he did not return with her. In addition; he was reported as a runaway based off this search information. As a result, valuable time was lost in proper search efforts. Yet another attempt to hide/alter evidence and impede the investigation.
I have always thought that she made that google search herself, on Monday afternoon. Reason being, she was using that google search to explain why he didn't take his phone, when he 'ran away.' Planting that evidence would only work if he searched that right as he was deciding to run off.

If that search shows up as Monday afternoon, it will be very damning for her.

I wonder if she took a long term sub position for a teacher who was on maternity leave or something like that. It didn't indicate that she resigned or got fired, just that she was employed during that time.

Imo
I saw a comment, back at the start of this case, where a woman said LS had been her son's 4th grade long term sub---and he liked her very much.

DBM

SORRY...I keep attempting to post an obit notice (after getting permission)--BUT when I post and the link goes "live," the name of the deceased appears. :( IF you care to sleuth it, there is a message in the Guest Book by an "ex" that we all know (and despise).​

I posted about a possible connection to what happened to Gannon. There is another article which said she was asked not to return on Friday, January 24th.
Could she have been stressed out & PO'd that she was caught lying?
I think it was a definite trigger for her anger. She thought she had a job lined up, suddenly she didn't.
And it made her doubt she'd get anymore jobs in education, if this one fell through like that. She must have been pissed. :mad:

And unfortunately for sweet Gannon, his Dad was now out of state. And wasn't there to prevent her from taking it out on him. :(

No. The media has joined together in this, and there is a lone attorney handling the motion for the (more than a dozen) outlets.

The media asked for it to be released, the defense responded, and now the media gets to respond.

The deadline is 14 days, but I’d be shocked if they hadn’t already filed.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/04th_Judicial_District/El_Paso/20CR1358/001/Motion to Unseal Forthwith the Affidavit of Probably Cause in Support of Arrest.pdf

Would it be unusual for the judge not the release it? I mean, if it's the "public's right to know", on what grounds could he continue to have it remained sealed? Thank you!

Would it be unusual for the judge not the release it? I mean, if it's the "public's right to know", on what grounds could he continue to have it remained sealed? Thank you!
That’s why I’m so confident that it will be released. It would be unusual for the judge to side with the defense here, especially with Colorado’s open records laws.

Their argument looks incredibly weak, and precedent doesn’t seem to be on their side.

If the roles were reversed, and the prosecution was the party who wanted it sealed, then I would be far less optimistic.

That’s not the case though, and I think the defense is about to go 0-3 (both EMC requests and now this).

I think we can all assume LS used multiple sites to dispose of evidence and possibly over a 2 day period. Most locations revealed have been north and northwest of the city, however I also have strong suspicion of areas east outside city limits just north of I94 as well as another location north east of Fountain.
It also likely that RD is not the only one that captured video of her home and most likely video also exists of activity of her within the immediate surrounding neighborhoods.
I’m just putting this out there to see if anyone else used the available information to reach this same conclusion. I know it sounds vague but I can’t go into much detail.

Where did I miss that Gannon's phone went on the 4 hr truck ride on that Monday? I don't think I heard that until today on another post. I thought I'd read almost everything. Thank you.
It's in the post I'd quoted; #930 .
It was new (at least to me !).

I wondered if in the complaint doc. and witness list, was there a phone co. listed, that was the rest of the household's carrier ?
Sprint ?

Last edited:
I really want to know how they got to these charges. I’m so curious. I can’t even stand to look at her. I go through everything that could have happened in my mind and I just can’t come up with anything that doesn’t make me immensely angry at her.
I hope he’s found soon.
I still have this hope that he will somehow be found alive. I know that’s irrational based on evidence, but I can’t help to want it so badly.
I can’t help but to wish that he wasn’t mistreated and didn’t fear her but I know that’s also not rational. But I still hope for it.
I want to know what she was thinking when she got into that truck on Monday. And what she was thinking Tuesday when she did such odd things. I keep leaning toward her leaving him there alive thinking she was going to “punish him”. I don’t know if she would even realize how completely cruel that is. She’s a very scary one. Her bizarre narcissism in the interview and comments about how we would “all see” and Gannon will tell us. Ugh. Where’s the puke emoji when I need it? I keep leaning toward those theories that she dumped him. But where. I don’t know. Could he be much closer to home? Would she have dumped him off close by and disposed of evidence farther away? How many of those witnesses are simply video surveillance holders? So many questions. I keep checking and hoping for an update. I just want him to be found so his family will get answers. And we will have more of the truth, so there can be some justice for this little boy. It hurts me every time I think about it. MOO
Oh, and think she would want Gannons phone with her in the truck Monday to “prove” he was with her the whole time. And it would have worked too without the meddling kids(neighbor with security cam) Sorry TS-you screwed that one up

Last edited:
Didn't TS say in one of her ramblings, the selfie of she and Gannon was taken with his phone? In the truck, while they were in the driveway? Thereby intimating the phone was with them in the vehicle Monday?

I really want to know how they got to these charges. I’m so curious. I can’t even stand to look at her. I go through everything that could have happened in my mind and I just can’t come up with anything that doesn’t make me immensely angry at her.
I hope he’s found soon.
I still have this hope that he will somehow be found alive. I know that’s irrational based on evidence, but I can’t help to want it so badly.
I can’t help but to wish that he wasn’t mistreated and didn’t fear her but I know that’s also not rational. But I still hope for it.
I want to know what she was thinking when she got into that truck on Monday. And what she was thinking Tuesday when she did such odd things. I keep leaning toward her leaving him there alive thinking she was going to “punish him”. I don’t know if she would even realize how completely cruel that is. She’s a very scary one. Her bizarre narcissism in the interview and comments about how we would “all see” and Gannon will tell us. Ugh. Where’s the puke emoji when I need it? I keep leaning toward those theories that she dumped him. But where. I don’t know. Could he be much closer to home? Would she have dumped him off close by and disposed of evidence farther away? How many of those witnesses are simply video surveillance holders? So many questions. I keep checking and hoping for an update. I just want him to be found so easily. So his family will get answers. And we will have more of the truth so there can be some justice for this little boy. It hurts me every time I think about it. MOO
Oh and she would want Gannons phone to prove he was with her the whole time. And it would have worked too without the meddling kids(neighbor with security cam) Sorry TS-you screwed that one up

I think many crimes are committed by people who give very little thought to how they'll "get away with it." I think Chris Watts got mad (early in the morning) at his wife because she was not happy about his affair. He was prepared to kill her, but he didn't plan very well what he would do after.

I think Letecia Stauch is even more impulsive. She has had many run-ins with the law (and, I bet, with coworkers and other people in her life). She is used to getting away with antisocial behavior. There's been very little incentive for her to stop flipping out, scaring and manipulating people.

She's talked her way out of all these other (much less serious) situations, she's trying the same strategy here. But she went way over the line, this isn't a mere screaming fit or psychological abuse.
Yow! Amen!!

"Please don’t think for a second that there isn’t enough of technology to determine shadows and movement around the truck. There was also proof from my phone that we had taken a selfie in the truck in our driveway that was time stamped," wrote Letecia.

"We always send pictures to Albert when we are out and about or when he is away. That can be scanned for actual time verification."
Gannon Stauch poses with stepmother Letecia in last known photo of missing Colorado boy

Here's her original statement. Was it on the DWP recording that TS said it was Gannon's phone, not hers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms