Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. The planning and all the twisted excuses are uncannily similar to JA.

One thing that killers like LS dont take into consideration is they never think long term about having to live their entire rest of their life looking over their shoulder about someday getting caught. In their mind, they think everyone will just forget about GS and in a short time, it will all go away. She thinks she will be on her way to live happily ever after with AS because now his Ex will stay out of the picture. She envisioned her husband would be arm in arm with her in support and this would even help their relationship.

Well, LS, you are wrong because with a child murder like this, nobody ever forgets and they constantly look and wonder what happened to him for the rest of their lives and LE may someday find the killer. Even if the case goes cold, there is always new investigators that may pick up the case and start anew.

It is a huge miscalculation in the killers thinking. To them, its not a big deal and it will all wash over in a relatively short time. To everyone else, it is a huge deal, and it will never wash over or ever go away. Ever.

Its one of the biggest miscalculations we have seen in lots of cases like this.

Its actually a little more proof that she may be a real physchopath because she cannot see and feel things through others eyes and she cannot understand how others will never ever stop looking for him or try to find out what really happened to him.

To her, it was almost over the day she killed him. In her thoughts, it was almost over and in a short time, things will all be ok again. To everyone else, it was just the beginning of a never ending nightmare.

Amazingly insightful post, and spot on when it comes to TS’s psyche. MOO.

So, so disturbing. I truly wish I’d never listened to it.

<modsnip: As per the opening posts, LS's social media is off limits>....I think he had an "accident" which is why she brought up the incontinence he was experiencing. She's done that. She tries to cover all her bases as to what is going to be found. Well, he cut his foot, he always goes to the back gate, AS work tools in the garage, people bleed in there all the time. She was trying to establish "why" they would find that he was incontinent. Also, that video was from upstairs in the living room, not in the basement.
BBM:

She was trying to establish alibis on Monday.

She rented the car at the airport on Tuesday.

It makes zero sense for TS to have rented that vehicle unless she thought she needed it to help cover up Gannon's murder.

She either wanted her own car out of LE's sight and reach that day, she had more evidence she wanted to dispose of, or she wanted to revisit the murder site for reasons known only to her at this point.

JMO.

She was just buying time really. Even LS knew that as each day passed, it was ultimately going to catch up to her. Think about it, she played it up until the very end. And just like Jodi Arias, she will probably continue to do that through trial. Even Jodi, seemed to have amnesia until sentencing and only then did she recall she "shot him first not last." I have a feeling LS will be just as cruel and arrogant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been out of the loop due to everything going on. Does anyone have a possible timeline of how she did this and when? From the time Gannon was last seen, on?
I think @oviedo has this info as well as another member who although I searched for her I came up empty. Also it may be linked on the first page of this thread. I hate that I cannot recall and more importantly give credit but it begins with amanda. Hope this helps! Thanks to all!

BBM:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say 7 5 years.

It seems like for most crimes that have a SoL, it's 7 5 years.

Off to research the answer…
Kansas Criminal Statute of Limitations Laws - FindLaw

Turns out, I was right the second time.

Looks like the SoL for assault in Kansas might be 5 years.

It's such a moot point, though.
There's absolutely no way that TS is going to be extradited to Kansas for assault after she's sentenced to life + forever in Colorado.

JMO.

Yeah. I agree. They usually only charge on something lesser like that if the defendant is acquitted of the first charge.

E573185C-07E7-4187-B5DE-4EE2AC7E2E3D.jpeg
According to Landen Hiott, the #GannonStauch family plans to have a memorial for him in Colorado and South Carolina. #GANNONSTRONG @FOX21News

Lauren Scharf on Twitter

ETA: This was likely taken from LH’s Facebook post. She also said that these memorials would occur after the virus threat has passed.

Last edited:
And a person doesn't get to this stage of coldness and dead in their soul -- overnight.
Were there warning signs that were missed ?
Did no one see what she was like until now ?
Were people afraid of her ?

What we witnessed in that "redo" at the end of Spencer's interview with her gives us some insight, I think. In the flash of a second, indeed a mere millisecond, she went from completely dry-eyed, utterly detached, "Oh, Gannon was a sweet boy" to the sobbing, pleading, "Gannon, please come home" heart-broken stepmom. Clearly she could turn it on and off at will.

I agree that no one becomes that phony, that cold, and that dead overnight. It takes sin upon sin to become that hollow. They say sin is its own punishment and that sin darkens the intellect. I believe both are true. The more one lies, the more one deceives, the more one harms others - the easier it becomes and the emptier and darker they become. The more unreal and out of touch with reality they become. The more evil they become.

Were there warning signs that others missed? My experience with narcissists is that they demonstrate two primary behaviors: gaslighting and rage. It's not just that they lie; they lie with such self-confidence and such aggression that even those who know they are lying, are sure they are lying, actually end up questioning themselves and their own perception of reality. As a result, without intending to, they end up letting the liar get away with the lies. And the more they get away with them, the more confident they grow in them. And the more confident they grow in them, the more prone to anger they become when they're challenged. The narcissist's rage is a thing to behold, especially how quickly it can be triggered. Combine those two behaviors and gradually, over time, those around them get worn down: they question their own perceptions and yes, grow fearful of making the narcissist angry. It causes them to miss many red flags.

Did people not see who and what she was? Keep in mind that even Landen said she trusted her. Al said he gave more to her than to anyone else in his life. Neither would have done that had they seen what she was. So how do you explain that? MOO? By the third and fourth behaviors that narcissists tend to demonstrate and excel at: flattery and generosity. They can be very charming and very flattering. They want above all to be loved and admired and they do things that cause others to love and admire them.

But that too can be turned on and off like a light switch. Their emotions for others are never genuine, but rather based in achieving the goal of being loved and admired. And if it fails to work? If the spouse begins to turn away, or the employer not be impressed? It's like when their lies are challenged: it can provoke the most intense rage.

I’ve searched the media thread and cannot find it-but someone posted a link with a short news clip at some point after the first big blowup Feb 4, with Roderick Drayton, where he commented that he had approached Al and asked him to come over alone so they could speak, and that’s when he showed him the surveillance footage. He mentioned LS wanted to come as well, but he insisted on Al alone.

This is a different clip, posted much later than the Feb 4 news footage where he first shows reporters the videos.

It’s also NOT the clip where he talks about the first time he approached LS and said “my camera footage might help” and she dismisses him, saying Gannon would’ve gone the other way.

If anyone can find that news clip, I would be forever grateful.

Knowing what we know now, I wonder how she would’ve reacted if he’d asked “So you were the last one to see Gannon alive?”

This actually was a statement made by another ranting sociopath who thought they were fooling everyone and just used as evidence at the trial—the McStay Family Murder Trial. The defendant told a CNN reporter when asked if he was the last person to see the McStays alive: "I'm DEFINITELY the last person they saw". The prosecution played it for the jury and he was quickly convicted.

I’ve searched the media thread and cannot find it-but someone posted a link with a short news clip at some point after the first big blowup Feb 4, with Roderick Drayton, where he commented that he had approached Al and asked him to come over alone so they could speak, and that’s when he showed him the surveillance footage. He mentioned LS wanted to come as well, but he insisted on Al alone.

This is a different clip, posted much later than the Feb 4 news footage where he first shows reporters the videos.

It’s also NOT the clip where he talks about the first time he approached LS and said “my camera footage might help” and she dismisses him, saying Gannon would’ve gone the other way.

If anyone can find that news clip, I would be forever grateful.
Starts around 35 minutes in....
LISTEN AS EVIL STEPMOM'S BUSTED LYING TO CRIME ONLINE REPORTER & caught on neighbors home security camera. 11-year-old Gannon Stauch STILL MISSING. - Crime Stories with Nancy Grace

ETA: my "transcription" from a previous post, best you listen for yourself...
“I went over to his house and I was like hey I have a camera that I can see if anyone came by and picked him up, do you wanna watch it? and first thing SHE said was NO, he went the other way, he didn’t come towards the HOUSE…so I didn’t think anything of it…..

Saturday, Feb. 1, the FBI goes door to door, his curiosity is piqued when they take footage from the days before Gannon is missing.

“So that Saturday the FBI and cops were going around asking people if they could watch our cameras, coming around asking people for video. He looked at mine and he went back to SATURDAY. My wife and I went to the movies, but when I came back, I was like hmmm why did he go back to SATURDAY.

So when I got back home I went through hundreds and hundreds of videos.

I watched the video at least 20 to 30 times to make sure. That is when I went to his house and showed him (AL).

They took 60-70 videos that I recorded. They have all of it. Day and night. My video records 24hrs."

Last edited:
"Welcome to Colorado!"

We're going to be completely dependent on the reporters and any WS members who actually attend the trial
(waving @GoJacks ) to let us know what happens in that courtroom.

We'll hear and read about it secondhand.

The problem with that is a lot of communication is nonverbal, e.g., facial expressions, body language, gestures, etc.

We're going to miss nearly all of the nonverbal communication that goes on in that courtroom.
That nonverbal stuff can't be captured in a reporter's tweet.

Beats the Pony Express, I guess.

Barely.

JMO.

We already know it is not going to be televised? I remember watching most of the Aurora Movie Theatre Shooting trial.

I'm used to buying transcripts at this point. Which I usually post here. Maybe someone will catch audio but transcripts I really like because you read what you may or may not hear and get the whole testimony.

We already know it is not going to be televised? I remember watching most of the Aurora Movie Theatre Shooting trial.

I'm used to buying transcripts at this point. Which I usually post here. Maybe someone will catch audio but transcripts I really like because you read what you may or may not hear and get the whole testimony.
Yeah, there’s zero hope.

The Aurora case was an exception, and the courtroom happened to already be equipped with the necessary technology.

The judge has already told the media not to file any motions going forward (for any other pre trial hearings), as it will be a waste of their time, and his time.

The media will likely make a request for the trial itself, but we’ll be lucky if the judge even allows live Tweeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OkCujo98