Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bolding my own post. I knew I needed to suspect this locking and unlocking of the phone!!!!

I know that I am way further behind on the affidavit than others, so I'm just catching on now to certain paragraphs.

#36 states: " Leticia's telephone was locked at about 9:56 a.m. on January 27th and unlocked at 2:45 p.m. on the same day. The timing of the unlocking of the device is significant as compared to her departure and arrival to and from the residence, and should be noted by the Court. Particularly, Leticia did not open her phone for approximately 30 minutes after she arrived back to the residence.

(I know that it says approximately, when you divide out the time it looks like about 23 minutes.)

Again if you're leaving with Gannon why would you lock your phone? Your daughter's at work your stepdaughters at school there's nobody else in the house. Why would you feel it necessary to deliberately lock your phone????

Mine is an iPhone and it locks itself automatically (if I set it to "never lock" it would run out of battery by mid-morning). Mine locks after 3 minutes.

1. Blood was not found in the Kia that belonged to GS's DNA

2. The swab from her VW trunk was negative for the presumptive presence of blood.

However.......

3. There was:
A. Traces of blood on the rear of her VW vehicle.
B. There was traces of blood on the rear passenger seat.
C. There were traces of blood near the glove box.
D. There was blood on the front passenger seat.

I guess her cleaning wasn't all that good!!

True, so unfortunately true.

Throughout her chaotic make believe world and incoherent excuses, at least she stayed true to child murdering mother code by making up stories of fictional minorities to blame. Couldn't keep herself from throwing in a rape angle too, but still, pretty solid on toeing the line there. This is the least surprising thing in the AA, unfortunately.

I can't get over how creepy it is that she took a picture of him sleeping the morning of his murder. Why would she do that?

So that his parents will have a "happy memory," like the picture of him waving goodbye?
Taking a guess here, sort of, it's likely an old photo used to cover her tracks that morning. IMO

I've read the AA, but haven't been able to keep up with the fast moving posts, so please forgive me if this has already been suggested.... If I've read it correctly, it seems that LE is concluding that he must have returned with her Monday afternoon and must have been killed after that time because the photo taken in the morning vs what's seen at night (via the officer's cam) show different bedding. But, isn't it possible that she changed the bedding twice? I mean, what if the blood in the bedroom was the result of whatever occurred in the attack the night before? Whatever it was, candle, burned carpet, whatever it was that caused her to attack him, what if that resulted in the blood in the bedroom and that's why she didn't show him in that video from that night? Isn't it possible that she cleaned it up that evening, wiped down the walls, changed the bedding, etc, then took the video to capture his voice and prove he was alive that night, and then took the photo of him in the bed the next morning, again - to prove that he was alive in the morning? Whatever injury he received from that evening attack was severe enough that she believed she had to kill him to cover it up, but not so severe that he couldn't walk to the truck the next morning, though he did walk in a way that indicated injury and suffering. She could well have planned his murder during the night, planned to leave her phone home and his at Petco, then killed him in the spot where the evidence of blood was found, and actually left his body there that night. Then she returned home and did the more extensive cleaning, rescrubbing the walls, the carpets, realized she needed more cleaner, had HH get more, realized there was more blood on the sheets and so changed the bedding again, etc. In this scenario, there's no risk, re: the girls actually coming home when his body was there, the police finding his body in the car, everything being done in a very limited timeframe... The sheets, pillows, etc could easily have been placed in garbage bags and put in the outside garbage that evening, only to all be moved the next day, via her car, which would explain why she had to go rent a car. Does this make sense?

I can't get over how creepy it is that she took a picture of him sleeping the morning of his murder. Why would she do that?

So that his parents will have a "happy memory," like the picture of him waving goodbye?

What if that wasn't the norm and she escalated her crazy towards AS over the weekend. He gets weird pics of her with his kids that maybe he never got before. Maybe he was seriously worried about what was going on, trying to casually text him throughout Monday just to make sure he was ok because she was sending major crazy vibes.

JDough, my heart skipped a beat reading this. What happened after you called the police? I didn't know you'd had a child go missing! Worst nightmare

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately; her little battered and abused body was found 19 hours and 17 minutes later. Despite the fact this occurred over 20 years ago, the pain never goes away. Like another poster above said "you just learn to live with it".

My world took some pretty dark turns over the years. It wasn't until I became involved with a group of women (who have also lost a child to murder), that things began to change for me. We call ourselves justice seekers; that's why I'm here. (I think everyone on Gannon's thread is a justice seeker too)! I'm amongst many on these threads that have or are experiencing what I have. No one can understand the nightmare of losing a child unless you have experienced it yourself. Reaching out to these mothers (and fathers or grandparents) to offer support when they are in the midst of darkness is my way of giving back.

Despite the fact that Gannon's story is horrific and terrifying, I think we all celebrate the fact that he has been found. We will get through this together by sharing our ideas, theories, and personal experiences- even when we disagree. All in hopes of ensuring Gannon and his family receive the justice they deserve. Gannon will not be forgotten by any of us. He will live on in the hearts of the many who have come to love him.

I also wondered why she took those pictures. I wondered if she sent them AS like to prove he was home sick.

Thank you for your kind words. Unfortunately; her little battered and abused body was found 19 hours and 17 minutes later. Despite the fact this occurred over 20 years ago, the pain never goes away. Like another poster above said "you just learn to live with it".

My world took some pretty dark turns over the years. It wasn't until I became involved with a group of women (who have also lost a child to murder), that things began to change for me. We call ourselves justice seekers; that's why I'm here. (I think everyone on Gannon's thread is a justice seeker too)! I'm amongst many on these threads that have or are experiencing what I have. No one can understand the nightmare of losing a child unless you have experienced it yourself. Reaching out to these mothers (and fathers or grandparents) to offer support when they are in the midst of darkness is my way of giving back.

Despite the fact that Gannon's story is horrific and terrifying, I think we all celebrate the fact that he has been found. We will get through this together by sharing our ideas, theories, and personal experiences- even when we disagree. All in hopes of ensuring Gannon and his family receive the justice they deserve. Gannon will not be forgotten by any of us. He will live on in the hearts of the many who have come to love him.
Thank you for being here @JDough and thank you for seeking justice. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

I've read the AA, but haven't been able to keep up with the fast moving posts, so please forgive me if this has already been suggested.... If I've read it correctly, it seems that LE is concluding that he must have returned with her Monday afternoon and must have been killed after that time because the photo taken in the morning vs what's seen at night (via the officer's cam) show different bedding. But, isn't it possible that she changed the bedding twice? I mean, what if the blood in the bedroom was the result of whatever occurred in the attack the night before? Whatever it was, candle, burned carpet, whatever it was that caused her to attack him, what if that resulted in the blood in the bedroom and that's why she didn't show him in that video from that night? Isn't it possible that she cleaned it up that evening, wiped down the walls, changed the bedding, etc, then took the video to capture his voice and prove he was alive that night, and then took the photo of him in the bed the next morning, again - to prove that he was alive in the morning? Whatever injury he received from that evening attack was severe enough that she believed she had to kill him to cover it up, but not so severe that he couldn't walk to the truck the next morning, though he did walk in a way that indicated injury and suffering. She could well have planned his murder during the night, planned to leave her phone home and his at Petco, then killed him in the spot where the evidence of blood was found, and actually left his body there that night. Then she returned home and did the more extensive cleaning, rescrubbing the walls, the carpets, realized she needed more cleaner, had HH get more, realized there was more blood on the sheets and so changed the bedding again, etc. In this scenario, there's no risk, re: the girls actually coming home when his body was there, the police finding his body in the car, everything being done in a very limited timeframe... The sheets, pillows, etc could easily have been placed in garbage bags and put in the outside garbage that evening, only to all be moved the next day, via her car, which would explain why she had to go rent a car. Does this make sense?

Good points. But I don't think the theory in the AA is entirely dependent on the bedding change. I think they also concluded the amount of blood lost in the bedroom would have precluded GS from walking to the truck. Yes, he may have looked injured in the video. But the way I read the AA, the amount of blood (drips behind the wall socket plate!!??) meant he died in that room. I guess one could argue he was only injured but arguing he was only injured AND could walk doesn't seem tenable to me. In some very limited ways it would be simpler without the video.
JMO

The AA makes me even more confused as to why she was not arrested sooner and/or tailed. Her story was insane and easily proved false. They established he was killed in the house and not killed by an intruder and she was acting guilty AF. It seems like they had all the probable cause needed before she left the state with Gannon's body and long before they finally issued a warrant. Can someone explain?

My guess is that they always prefer to have a body if possible, to have the most rock-solid case. I think some county’s are more conservative and wouldn’t ever move forward in a murder case without a body, while others would go forward even if they only have a strong circumstantial case and NO body.

EPCO searched diligently and maybe they felt they were close to finding Gannon, and wanted to find him if at all possible. When that didn’t happen, I believe they then focused on the evidence they already had and felt they had enough, and likely more than enough, and decided to get LS off the streets.

There is also the possibility they were still waiting on phone records, etc., up until her arrest. I glossed over details of the AA, so not sure if dates were included on when reports/info was received by LE.

ETA grammar fix

Makes sense to me. It’s not what the AA has as their theory but I like yours better. I am still not one who believes she killed him at home.

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. Sending hugs your way. Such a sad tragic event to happen to you.

In the affidavit # 86 and #87 TS utilizes many "describing words."

Went into the basement
Attacked
Pointed a gun
Jumped on the back
Had a gun held to Gannon
Threw Gannon across the room
Cardboard
Suitcase

She has verbal marbles in her brain slipping out. I think these things actually did happen. She did them to GS.

It does look like he was killed in his room. However, my head still debating.

Or were these things done to him Sunday night?
:0(

Last edited:
Your post just made me realize something. Not only were there many cameras on their street, but on other streets too, as well as potential witnesses, dog walkers, joggers, etc. If LE has no proof he was in that truck when she returned home that even reinforces my theory more strongly. I say she near-mortally wounded him sometime between 8-10, and he never returned at least alive and sitting up in the cab of truck that day. If he came back at all it was dead in the bed of truck in suitcase on board. imo

This is making more sense than my original thoughts. Sunday night she did something, probably not fatal. Maybe after having some time to think about it +/or Gannon said, "I'm telling Dad" and she decided that wasn't happening. Was there activity (Ie loading) the truck late Sunday night.

My guess is because he was hurt, but had fallen asleep & things looked “normal.” So she sent his dad a picture to say, see, he’s fine, just some tummy trouble but he’s sleeping soundly now. She did this knowing he’d “disappear” later going to a friend’s. But she had kept him home from school for illness, which IMO was really an injury she’d inflicted. I think the murder was her way of covering it up.

I am so incredibly sorry for what you have endured.. thank you for being here.

sending hugs from another mother who has lost a child (not to murder though)

My guess is because he was hurt, but had fallen asleep & things looked “normal.” So she sent his dad a picture to say, see, he’s fine, just some tummy trouble but he’s sleeping soundly now. She did this knowing he’d “disappear” later going to a friend’s. But she had kept him home from school for illness, which IMO was really an injury she’d inflicted. I think the murder was her way of covering it up.

this makes the most sense to me too

Makes sense to me. It’s not what the AA has as their theory but I like yours better. I am still not one who believes she killed him at home.

I also have trouble accepting the timeline of her killing him at home. There's just so little time, doesn't explain the not seeing him getting out of the truck, entails so many risks, doesn't explain the lost 2 hours, etc... Many have noted in previous threads that head injuries can produce a lot of blood without actually causing death. Whatever she did to him the night before had to frighten her to the point of believing murder the only way out... It just makes so much more sense to believe she killed him during the two hours unaccounted for and changed the bedding twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne