Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK. It seems that if the violent act in his bedroom occurred before the trip, it would have been difficult to prevent blood evidence in the truck? None was found, right?

This is the $64,000 question, right. She would have to have sat him on a waterproof tarp. There was a trail of blood found from bedroom to garage so maybe he was bleeding still but not that much. We don’t know if she went out to truck and placed anything in area where he sat prior to drive, either on Sunday night or Monday morning. Neighbor’s video or ADT might have detected movement in that direction.

Last edited:
I want to believe that it is just cut and dried.

But again I'm stumbling over the time element. RD not seeing GS get out of that truck, and Jessica herself could not claim that she did or did not see another person get out of that truck. Although she did end up submitting that it was likely he did.

She said likely because that bedroom shoulders responsibilities of being a crime scene.

Ah, but see, him not getting out of the truck on return does NOT disprove the bedroom being crime scene. I just have a problem with it being after 2:30. Also logic would dictate that with all of the neighbors walking and cameras everywhere now someone would have spotted him in that car on return if he was sitting up alive. They said it was “assumed,” not “likely.” I also subscribe to the 8-10 am timeframe more for the murder due to the fact that I doubt she would snap his pic and then just sit there for 2 + hours waiting to drive out and do something nefarious with him. She was up all night in some kind of manic frenzy searching the web, texting people, and scrambling her skull trying to put her plan in motion. I think she moved on it ASAP as soon as the girls left.

Last edited:
I'm completely unsold on the idea that GS returned with TS in the truck that afternoon and she then murdered him in his bedroom after having driven around with him pointlessly for 4 hours in the truck while leaving her phone turned off.

There was no mention of cadaver dogs hitting in/around her vehicle, the garage, the basement, or anywhere else on their property in the affidavit.

The fact that she took that photo of him in bed on Monday morning was clearly an attempt to show that he was alive and well.

As I've said before, we know he was alive, but there's every reason to believe he was far from well.

I think the attack in that bedroom happened on Sunday night.
The candle video has to be factored into the equation.

In the affidavit, GS's bed was noted to pulled out from the wall in the Monday morning photo.
AS said that it was usually pushed up against the wall.

To me, that's a clear indication that TS had already pulled the bed away from the wall to clean up blood on Monday morning when she took that photo.

I think she probably initially tried to bandage/patch up whatever wounds she'd inflicted on GS, i.e.,tried to make him "good to go," then spent several hours on Sunday night cleaning in the basement.

Realized at some point that short of a trip to the hospital, he wasn't going to heal up any time soon.

Then decided she was going to kill him.

JMO.

Personally I find it more explainable now. There were a lot of what-the-heck things floating around that are explained by this timeline.

If she murdered him away from home, why send kids out and away from the home when they got back from work/school. Why leave the back door 10 times in the middle of winter, arrange things in the garage to cover up blood, etc.

Any damage done Sunday would have been with witnesses. I actually don't think he was seriously mortally wounded from Sunday just because I think that would have been highlighted by GS or his sisters at some point - he still had phone access apparently. Blood splatter cleanup wouldn't have been done with three living people watching. I do think she did something to him Sunday but no worse than they were all used to with her (sadly).

I still think she meant to kill him when leaving that day, but it was interrupted. Returning home led to her actually doing it and then the rest of the pieces fit to a cleanup.

All MOO..

Yeah, it’s not suspicious or anything that Gannon’s body ended up many hundreds of miles away, in the direction she was heading.

I just realized something. Her interview with law enforcement accounted for the missing suitcase (the one the rapist took).

That means that the suitcase was likely missing from day one, and contained Gannon’s body.

So I don’t think she returned to the dumpsite to put Gannon in a suitcase and remove him from there, I think he was already dumped in the suitcase.
I believe she never really let that suitcase out of her custody (always in her vehicle or a rental) until Florida. It was cold enough in Colorado until Feb 1 it started warming up a bit.

Ah, but see him not getting out of the truck on return does NOT disprove the bedroom being crime scene. I just have a problem with it being after 2:30. Also logic would dictate that with all of the neighbors walking and camera everywhere now someone would have spotted him in that car on return if he was sitting up alive. They said it was “assumed,” not “likely.” I also subscribe to the 8-10 am timeframe more for the murder due to the fact that I doubt she would snap his pic and then just sit there for 2 + hours waiting to drive out and do something nefarious with him. She was up all night in some kind of manic frenzy searching the web, texting people, and scrambling her skull trying to put her plan in motion. I think she moved on it ASAP as soon as the girls left.
IF, IF IF it WAS in the home, IMO it was between the Petco visits - which makes absolutely NO sense to bring him back AT ALL -- but look who/what we're dealing with. MOO

I'm completely unsold on the idea that GS returned with TS in the truck that afternoon and she then murdered him in his bedroom after having driven around with him pointlessly for 4 hours in the truck while leaving her phone turned off.

There was no mention of cadaver dogs hitting in/around her vehicle, the garage, the basement, or anywhere else on their property in the affidavit.

The fact that she took that photo of him in bed on Monday morning was clearly an attempt to show that he was alive and well.

As I've said before, we know he was alive, but there's every reason to believe he was far from well.

I think the attack in that bedroom happened on Sunday night.
The candle video has to be factored into the equation.

In the affidavit, GS's bed was noted to pulled out from the wall in the Monday morning photo.
AS said that it was usually pushed up against the wall.

To me, that's a clear indication that TS had already pulled the bed away from the wall to clean up blood on Monday morning when she took that photo.

I think she probably initially tried to bandage/patch up whatever wounds she'd inflicted on GS, i.e.,tried to make him "good to go," then spent several hours on Sunday night cleaning in the basement.

Realized at some point that short of a trip to the hospital, he wasn't going to heal up any time soon.

Then decided she was going to kill him.

JMO.
the bedroom being the scene of a blood path and no blood evidence in the red truck and the after 2.2o rush just all doesn't gel for me.
she had 24 hours of nobody knowing anything.
I cant fathom the 4 hours out and about pointless to bring him home as he left??

I still feel deep in my gut its the video tying us to time that is the problem.

moo

Working, speculative timeline here:

Late Sunday 1/26: T injures Gannon somehow, but not fatally. Not that messy either. She finds him playing with a lighter and strikes him in the head or burns him. Explosive rage or "punishment." She sends him to bed but she's panicking about what he'll tell his father. She knows he may need medical treatment and Gannon is fully capable of "tattling" to nurses/docs.

Early Monday 1/27: she's trying to figure out how to cover for what she has done. She's making internet searches about smoke and burned carpet. Trying to figure out how to cover for Gannon's injuries and possibly damage/cleaning to the carpet from blood.

Monday morning 1/27: Gannon's condition is worsening and T tries to cover for it by claiming he's sick with GI problems. She manages to get the other kids out for the day, and leads Gannon out to the truck. She drives around town for hours with him as his condition worsens. She's panicking and unsure what to do because time is running out. The sisters will be home soon.

She decides to just take him home and kill him there. She shuffles him back inside and stabs him but he's still alive and she's running out the clock so she finally shoots him out of desperation despite her worries about the noise or ballistics.

Then she moves him into the Tiguan (maybe via suitcase) and goes into mad cleaning mode in the basement before the sisters get home. That's how the blood ended up only in those limited spots.

Last edited:
This is the $64,000 question, right. She would have to have sat him on a waterproof tarp. There was a trail of blood found from bedroom to garage so maybe he was bleeding still but not that much. We don’t know if went to truck and placed anything in area where he sat on prior to drive, either on Sunday night or Monday morning. Neighbor’s video or ADT might have detected movement in that direction.

Or maybe a car seat protector/ dog cover....
https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...-boosters/rugarmour-voyager-travel-set---grey

https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...ek-seat-self-with-non-sliding-carpet-for-pets

Personally I find it more explainable now. There were a lot of what-the-heck things floating around that are explained by this timeline.

If she murdered him away from home, why send kids out and away from the home when they got back from work/school. Why leave the back door 10 times in the middle of winter, arrange things in the garage to cover up blood, etc.

Any damage done Sunday would have been with witnesses. I actually don't think he was seriously mortally wounded from Sunday just because I think that would have been highlighted by GS or his sisters at some point - he still had phone access apparently. Blood splatter cleanup wouldn't have been done with three living people watching. I do think she did something to him Sunday but no worse than they were all used to with her (sadly).

I still think she meant to kill him when leaving that day, but it was interrupted. Returning home led to her actually doing it and then the rest of the pieces fit to a cleanup.

All MOO..
It could be as simple as she left with a plan to kill Gannon, leaving her phone at home, bringing suitcase/weapon, etc. and drove around scouting out a remote place -- but then got spooked by a car passing or something. So she went back home, sent him to his room to lay down, and did the evil deed there.

It could be as simple as she left with a plan to kill Gannon, leaving her phone at home, bringing suitcase/weapon, etc. and drove around scouting out a remote place -- but then got spooked by a car passing or something. So she went back home, sent him to his room to lay down, and did the evil deed there.

I hope she got a ticket.

IF, IF IF it WAS in the home, IMO it was between the Petco visits - which makes absolutely NO sense to bring him back AT ALL -- but look who/what we're dealing with. MOO

Yes, I agree. I think the final blow was absolutely between Petco visits, probably a gunshot, quick and easy. No struggling etc. But obviously, SOMETHING bad and bloody happened in that bedroom and obviously he was able to still sort of walk to the truck. The vomit bag she gave him screams head wound to me, or maybe abdominal. Either would produce a lot of blood. The head is very vascular. And it is absolutely possible that he could have been forced to stumble to car, and it looks like he complied. She had to get rid of him, right. She couldn’t just leave him there. “Girls are coming home.” “Cops will be here soon.” And it’s much easier for her if he “walks” out, however feebly than if she has to carry him herself up a flight of stairs, thru house, out into garage and up into truck.

Last edited:

Late Sunday 1/26: T injures Gannon somehow, but not fatally. Not that messy either. She finds him playing with a lighter and strikes him in the head or burns him. Explosive rage or "punishment." She sends him to bed but she's panicking about what he'll tell his father. She knows he may need medical treatment and Gannon is fully capable of "tattling" to nurses/docs.

Early Monday 1/27: she's trying to figure out how to cover for what she has done. She's making internet searches about smoke and burned carpet. Trying to figure out how to cover for Gannon's injuries and possibly damage/cleaning to the carpet from blood.

Monday morning 1/27: Gannon's condition is worsening and T tries to cover for it by claiming he's sick with GI problems. She manages to get the other kids out for the day, and leads Gannon out to the truck. She drives around town for hours with him as his condition worsens. She's panicking and unsure what to do because time is running out. The sisters will be home soon.

She decides to just take him home and kill him there. She shuffles him back inside and stabs him but he's still alive and she's running out the clock so she finally shoots him out of desperation despite her worries about the noise or ballistics.

Then she moves him into the Tiguan (maybe via suitcase) and goes into mad cleaning mode in the basement before the sisters get home. That's how the blood ended up only in those limited spots.

The blood on the mattress tells me head wound. IMO, it looks more like a drip down the mattress over time. Not 10 minutes. More like Midnight to 9 am, give or take. Blood from the nose, ear, or wound. I wonder if they found his pillow.

Absolutely. She’s got dogs, plural, so maybe it’s already in there or in garage or she switched it that morning or night before from her SUV. Little dogs pee a lot, so very possibly. And it’s this one little thing that everyone is getting hung up on and it’s very easily “fixable.” Aka: Waterproof seat cover or tarp. Most garages have them. Solves every single problem. Remember she kept saying, “He walked out”. You saw him walk out. He was alive. Etc, etc. She wanted everyone to note that fact. She made sure he “walked” out after almost killing him because it benefited her. Poor little guy.

LS was not late due to the incident (described below) because it happened a day later.

TS voluntary interview at the EPSO occurred on Jan 29. At this interview, TS arrived two hours late, and her vehicle was seized and taken to an impound facility. During the interview, LE applied for a search warrant for LS DNA but while they were waiting on the warrant, LS was taken from the EPSO to hospital for an alleged medical incident. LE had the warrant for LS DNA at the hospital but she left the hospital without telling investigators.

It was January 30 -- the day after the interview-- when LS says they were stopped and detained by LE, HH handcuffed, guns were drawn, etc. EPSO refused to comment on the incident so all we have is LS version.
Well I knew that LE has never commented on it, but I never knew that LS said what date it happened.

Absolutely. She’s got dogs, plural, so maybe it’s already in there or in garage or she switched it that morning or night before from her SUV. Little dogs pee a lot, so very possibly. And it’s this one little thing that everyone is getting hung up on and it’s very easily “fixable.” Aka: Waterproof seat cover or tarp. Most garages have them. Solves every single problem. Remember she kept saying, “He walked out”. You saw him walk out. He was alive. Etc, etc. She wanted everyone to note that fact. She made sure he “walked” out after almost killing him because it benefited her. Poor little guy.

And her FAKE lie detector asked that question if he returned home.

The truck probably already had the waterproof pad in it. May have been why she returned to Petco, to replace it?
I still think Petco was all about temp hiding Gannon's phone (or to lesser extent, his Switch)

We keep expecting to figure out some logic to T's actions,
a diabolical plan with an expected beginning and end.

I don't think we're going to get there and I don't imagine LE, with knowledge of more facts than we have, has found any logic here either.

They do have all her lies on video so they've probably figured out what she was trying to hide with each one.
That certainly helps.

Seems to me it's important to factor in that not far into her "plan" (if there was one) is that moment when she lost her cool and the train of screw-ups headed down the track. Most amateur murderers seem to do that......go crazy and completely off course as they try to cover up the deed.

We may find out T committed lots of undetected crimes in her short life and each one gave her more confidence that she could fool people. Sure she got caught for a few but imagine what she got away with.

I'm thinking she chose the wrong town this time where some pretty smart people out-skilled her and that makes me real happy!

All MOO..

Agree. She aborted the mission for some reason. Perhaps a prospective accomplice failed to meet her in the Petco parking lot? JMO

All MOO..

To answer the first part of your post: because there was a lot of cleaning left to be done. Once she nearly killed him Monday morning, she had to get him out of the house, finish him off and disposed of his body. Probably said I’ll take you to hospital. She didn’t stay around to clean up anything then. The 10x door thing and sending girls to store was NOT a lot of time to clean up blood, and hide evidence, but that’s what she was doing. Cleaning up. Back and forth 10x throwing things out. Not down in basement murdering kid and hiding body somewhere in 30 mins. Way too risky. imo.

Last edited:
#47 Harley arrived at the house at 16:42 and picked up Little sister.
#48 LS texted HH at 16:52 to pick up carpet cleaner, baking soda and garbage bags.

I think LS told HH to take L and run get her vinegar. ( it’s not on the text but it’s on the receipt) to buy some time.Then she texts her to get the other items.

I think LS told the dispatcher a lie about having HH go look at the park. JMO That’s what it sounds like to me, reading #22.
I know there is one neighborhood park in Lorson Ranch and that’s probably what she meant by “ a park”. It was within walking distance and she was trying to sell her “went to a friend’s house/ran away” story.
IMO
Or quite possibly she did send HH (and maybe LS as well?) to look in a nearby park after they got back from shopping. That would have been an easy way to get more alone time for cleaning while reinforcing her runaway story.

On the drive she wasn’t just “driving around wondering what to do.” She had a plan. She carried stuff to the truck. There was something square and suitcase-like bouncing in the back of truck. She took only G’s phone. She hid it in Petco TWO hours then went back to get it. She did something VERY nefarious during those two hours. Believe it.

imo oc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member