Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They should seriously re-examine that case. She was definitely old enough to have been behind that “accidental” hit and run. And just think, if she’s accusing every guy she meets, and even some that don’t even exist, of raping her, I imagine the stepfather may have been on her hit list as well.
BBM
I haven't read everything, but what is this about?

I just got all caught up...Geez, y'all are fast! I just wanted to say something regarding any possible abuse by TS towards Gannon or the other children. I have seen a or two mention how could AS not have known if TS was abusing any of the kids. My thoughts are this: 1) He was out of state for work when Gannon was murdered. If he traveled a lot then it would have been extremely easy for TS to abuse the kids and him be none the wiser. 2) Even if he wasn't away for work frequently she still could have hide abuse. As an abuse survivor, it took me years to say something to anyone because I was so afraid of my abuser. Abusers are very skilled at hiding their crimes. I think the night Gannon was murdered it went beyond what TS could hide.
This is true. Sadly I know this from experience. Part of the sorrow and grief that AS is navigating with the loss of his son is the fact that he trusted her. He is having an awful time with that, which was evident in his statement at the conference. AS is not the guilty one here. He is one of many victims of T. No fingers should be pointed at him at all.

I saw that LH filed for divorce in December. I wonder if LS was paranoid she would want to get back with Al, and knowing how G felt about his mom and vice verse, she had to eliminate him, their common thread. I also read on another site something I can’t post here because it would be considered ‘not mainstream news’ or whatever, but if true, it would be MO #1.
I have mentioned before, wondering if LS felt threatened by LH.
Harming Gannon would certainly be revenge now wouldn't it?

hard to say for sure, but it could have been that she wanted to make absolutely certain she couldn't be called into work that day, and the days after (assuming she wasn't aware that she didn't have a job to go to anyway). Or perhaps it's just the insane way her mind works, which is potentially more distressing than finding even a shred of logic.
I think she had no idea they planned to terminate her. I also think that since she was still in "orientation" and most likely a probation period for her employment, she had to think of something HUGE to get her excused from work and hopefully not risk her employment. I really think she thought all of this was going to blow over and she would be able to continue life - whether with or without Al.

Can anyone explain/remind me why it took LE until March to announce Gannon was deceased and arrest LS? They would have had the forensic evidence from the house in late January/early February. What more did they find between then and March 2? They still had no body at that point.
The clock for the prosecution starts ticking away as soon as they arrest and charge an individual, therefore they want to get as air tight of a case as possible before going forward with that. In this case, there was a TON of evidence they had to wait for via warrants - like the GPS evidence from phones and cars, Google history, etc. Each of those things is an individual warrant that has to be served to each company, then each company has to honor it by compiling the information requested and sending it back. All of those steps take time. Then, once all of the evidence is compiled, they have to tidy it up into a neat package to present in the AA for a judge to sign off on. On top of all of that waiting, they were watching her and gathering more evidence from her behavior to use as well. All of the waiting can be frustrating, but they do it in order to make sure a case isn't mishandled and that they can secure a conviction down the road.

It’s impossible to say, as her mind doesn’t work like that of a normal person.

I don’t know why she didn’t just say he was sick, as that would have bought her enough time to do what she had to do. When the next day came, she had all the excuse she needed, “my stepson is missing.”

For whatever reason, she went with a big bold lie.
That lie to get out of work has some truth it in. Not sure if sleuthing a dead step-relative is allowed though.

jmo

Can anyone explain/remind me why it took LE until March to announce Gannon was deceased and arrest LS? They would have had the forensic evidence from the house in late January/early February. What more did they find between then and March 2? They still had no body at that point.
Once you arrest, then the clock starts ticking toward the eventual trial. LE took the time they needed to gather evidence for a conviction. There is no statute of limitations on murder, either, not that it mattered in this particular case as the arrest was rather speedy, imo.

Now that she's arrested, the defense has a right to information about evidence etc. that before could be kept away from sharing with the suspect.

I think they did a good job and were ready to convict even without a body. The time was well spent, imo.

jmo

I think she had no idea they planned to terminate her. I also think that since she was still in "orientation" and most likely a probation period for her employment, she had to think of something HUGE to get her excused from work and hopefully not risk her employment. I really think she thought all of this was going to blow over and she would be able to continue life - whether with or without Al.

I agree, that's what I lean towards. She wanted to make sure whatever she told them was enough to get that time off work that day, no questions, to do what she wanted to do.

I agree, that's what I lean towards. She wanted to make sure whatever she told them was enough to get that time off work that day, no questions, to do what she wanted to do.
Part of me keeps wanting to think that when she called in sick, she was not planning to murder GS. Normally, I would think that someone wouldn't use an excuse that would almost certainly be exposed as a lie once GS went missing. Normally......

JMO

While there's a lull until the prelim, if you missed stuff and want to catch up,
(for example, dogs were brought in)
...and for those new to the case.

Gannon Stauch Case Archive has everything up to the arrest and everything not arrest-related after.
Gannon Stauch -CO- by amanda reckonwith

Cell phone users, try this and scroll:
4/3/20 from facebook. A makeshift memorial where Gannon was found.

Gannon Stauch, JUSTICE FOR GANNON has everything related to that:
Justice For Gannon by amanda reckonwith

Gannon (from facebook)

While there's a lull until the prelim, if you missed stuff and want to catch up,
(for example, dogs were brought in)
...and for those new to the case.

Gannon Stauch Case Archive has everything up to the arrest and everything not arrest-related after.
Gannon Stauch -CO- by amanda reckonwith

4/3/20 from facebook. A makeshift memorial where Gannon was found.

Gannon Stauch, JUSTICE FOR GANNON has everything related to that:
Justice For Gannon by amanda reckonwith

Gannon (from facebook)

Dear @AmandaReckonwith,

Thank you so much for accomplishing all of this for Gannon's thread.:)

This is a tremendous amount of work and the organization of everything is wonderful.

You are greatly appreciated ! :D

Part of me keeps wanting to think that when she called in sick, she was not planning to murder GS. Normally, I would think that someone wouldn't use an excuse that would almost certainly be exposed as a lie once GS went missing. Normally......

JMO

I'm the same. Part of me explains it away as just being a completely insane "excuse" to call in with, cos hey, thats LS. Cos the very idea otherwise is just abhorrent, and yet the more we learn ......

jmo

This is true. Sadly I know this from experience. Part of the sorrow and grief that AS is navigating with the loss of his son is the fact that he trusted her. He is having an awful time with that, which was evident in his statement at the conference. AS is not the guilty one here. He is one of many victims of T. No fingers should be pointed at him at all.

I agree 100%!

giphy.gif

Here for Gannon!!

They should seriously re-examine that case. She was definitely old enough to have been behind that “accidental” hit and run. And just think, if she’s accusing every guy she meets, and even some that don’t even exist, of raping her, I imagine the stepfather may have been on her hit list as well.

You could be onto something....I also found it odd that the coroner who investigated her ex-husbands death is on the witness list. It has crossed my mind that maybe she was responsible for causing him to overdose on something to get rid of him. She very well may have a history of getting rid of people who could expose her evilness to the world. JMO

Last edited:
Dear @AmandaReckonwith,

Thank you so much for accomplishing all of this for Gannon's thread.:)

This is a tremendous amount of work and the organization of everything is wonderful.

You are greatly appreciated ! :D

Thank you!!
And just in case some people do not know, I have a ton of cases archived. Lots of the old ones too, like Kyron Horman; HaLeigh Cummings; Natalee Holloway; Alexander/Andrew/Tanner Skelton; Zahra Baker; Caylee Anthony; Elizabeth Collins/Lyric Cook-Morrisey; Gilgo Beach LI SK Murders; Holly Bobo;
Savannah Spurlock; Jaycee Dugard; Jessica Ridgeway; Katelyn Markham; Kierra Coles; Mackenzie Lueck; Sierra LaMar; WTC/911.

Just too many to list. Library: amanda reckonwith's Library
Case List is alphabetical by first names, and a drop-down list at the left side of the page.

Because of work (if I ever get back to FT work) I just do requested cases now. Anyone can request, I just need there to be some news, and I hope it's a US case.

***Edited to add, I don't receive any money for this because I use other people's pics and articles. Just so you know it's not some click bait thing
where I get $, I don't. I actually pay for the page and the extra bandwidth.

***Another edit... I just counted. 189 albums. BUT... many of them like Stacy Peterson and Susan Cox Powell have many sub-albums because
there is just so much news and subject matter in those.

Last edited:
The clock for the prosecution starts ticking away as soon as they arrest and charge an individual, therefore they want to get as air tight of a case as possible before going forward with that. In this case, there was a TON of evidence they had to wait for via warrants - like the GPS evidence from phones and cars, Google history, etc. Each of those things is an individual warrant that has to be served to each company, then each company has to honor it by compiling the information requested and sending it back. All of those steps take time. Then, once all of the evidence is compiled, they have to tidy it up into a neat package to present in the AA for a judge to sign off on. On top of all of that waiting, they were watching her and gathering more evidence from her behavior to use as well. All of the waiting can be frustrating, but they do it in order to make sure a case isn't mishandled and that they can secure a conviction down the road.
Not to mention they were hoping for Gannon at some point in all of this. To go forward without his remains is even more complicated.

GS was reported missing on January 27, 2020 and for three days was believed a runaway based on information provided by LS. That essentially left investigators about 30 days to investigate, follow tips, collect and process evidence, and search for GS body across three counties where searchers encountered about 8 inches of fresh snow per week through February 2020. This isn't like CSI! Also, take note that the EPC Sheriff's office is working with a District Attorney's office led by one of the finest DA's in the country (Dan May) and you can trust that these prosecutors and investigators were working expeditiously, leaving no stone unturned while building a winnable case for justice for Gannon.
They probably were hoping she’d lead them to the body and other evidence. Tactic. Lock her up, they get nothing.
Thanks everyone. It just seemed like they were talking about him as a missing person who was possibly deceased (like there was a big question mark about it but it wasn't certain) up until the arrest and his mother was very hopeful he'd be found alive as well, until the conference in March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper