Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If memory serves me correctly, I believe that he took "emergency leave" which would mean he cut the assignment short due to the circumstances.
If that’s the case, and I believe it is, then LS thought he would be gone awhile and she would have time before he returned to pack her things and leave.

Maybe something Gannon saw got in the way. Something he found out and it enraged her.

I would be interested in knowing when she actually reserved that rental van to move her things home. Also wondering if she thought she could hire a babysitter the day she had planned to leave and then let AS know she had left him.

It was really callous after she reported Gannon as “a run away” that she took off to Carolina. What a cold witch. And she was so dumb as to think she could leave the State and LE wouldn’t go get her.

Can you just imagine all the information the prosecutor has? She is so done.

Well then, what went through the school's mind when they got that text??!

They knew she was fired.

I'm not sure that there is any evidence that LS sent a text or actually notified the school that her stepdad was hit by a car and killed. Wasn't it AS that LS told that she called off from work to stay with GS -- using the stepdad killed excuse?

I'm not sure that there is any evidence that LS sent a text or actually notified the school that her stepdad was hit by a car and killed. Wasn't it AS that LS told that she called off from work to stay with GS -- using the stepdad killed excuse?
The way this is written, seems to indicate that it is a fact that she contacted work. Whether she did give the stepdad excuse isn’t confirmed though.

Attachments

• D4CAE46B-9101-446D-A521-0862C40375DD.jpeg
    D4CAE46B-9101-446D-A521-0862C40375DD.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 62
No, I don’t believe AS was scheduled to come home on 1/28. He had to get an emergency military flight (through Red Cross) to come home from his assignment. I am unsure when his original return date would have been.
Now I am wanting to know WHEN he was informed G “ran away”. Also what was the texts to AS from LS leading up to it!

I’m a nosey sleuther :rolleyes:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

"One of the things I'm waiting to find out from the ME's report is whether or not GS's body bore signs of older, unexplained injuries. I strongly suspect that to be the case."

There were so many of us that said this was probably the case. But this time she went too far and the abuse could not be hidden or explained away.

Good grief! That poor child...
I think the only way the ME could determine previous signs of physical abuse is if there were broken bones that never healed properly, or signs of malnutrition. The body would have been too badly decomposed to look for bruising, burns, scars, or other signs of abuse.

The best indication of previous abuse would probably come from interviewing others who lived in the house, like Gannon's little sister, or friends and teachers.

It's probably more likely that there was long term emotional abuse that escalated to physical abuse that weekend.

If there was ongoing physical abuse resulting in significant injuries, it's hard to believe that family, friends, teachers or doctors did not notice.

Imo

I agree she may have needed to show up as a substitute on Monday and needed to call out. I'd love to know specifically what was said in that email, and one day we'll know. I think she went with a death in the family in order to get the entire week off, in case they had her down for any other days, and therefore may not have needed to call in on Tuesday. In other words, what happened Sunday and what she was going to have to take care of Monday, was going to require a great deal of her time.

Can you remind me of the suitcase and what she said about it weeks before it was discovered? Are you referring to Eguardo the rapist, who demanded it? Or did she mentioned it before telling LE this tale?

From the school district spokesperson, it seems that LS last worked as a substitute during spring semester 2019, and a teacher until last November when she resigned. I think she was trying to go back to work for a different school district in January and it obviously didn't work out.

Stauch previously worked for Widefield School District in southern El Paso County, district spokeswoman Samantha Briggs said. Stauch, who received her Colorado teaching license in March 2019, was a substitute teacher in the district during the spring semester of 2019. She was then hired at French Elementary, where she taught from August until November, when she resigned.

If that’s the case, and I believe it is, then LS thought he would be gone awhile and she would have time before he returned to pack her things and leave.

Maybe something Gannon saw got in the way. Something he found out and it enraged her.

I would be interested in knowing when she actually reserved that rental van to move her things home. Also wondering if she thought she could hire a babysitter the day she had planned to leave and then let AS know she had left him.

It was really callous after she reported Gannon as “a run away” that she took off to Carolina. What a cold witch. And she was so dumb as to think she could leave the State and LE wouldn’t go get her.

Very interesting thought. I wonder if she did think he would be gone longer? And she could by the martyr once again handling everything?

Conversely, it was a reason to make him come home. She had the power to force him to return to her.

jmo

Very interesting thought. I wonder if she did think he would be gone longer? And she could by the martyr once again handling everything?

Conversely, it was a reason to make him come home. She had the power to force him to return to her.

jmo
That’s true. I could see it either way. We have so much to learn. I know the prosecutor likely considers this case a slam dunk. I wish we could all see everything the DA has. :D LS is a real piece of work.

A normal person would just plead guilty and ask to bury their head. I look for her to push her attorneys every step of the way.

I believe the problem with LS is that she has gotten away with so much ever since she was young. She hasn’t been held responsible for her actions. She has a huge awakening.

I wonder right now if Jodi Arias has had an awakening since she lost her appeal and I really doubt it.

And she couldn’t really hold a job, so her own failures added to her sense of victim hood. She actively sought out and seems to prefer military men. Likely this allows her to use their jobs and need for relocation as an excuse for not being successful in her own career. I honestly believe imo that she was likely not a great employee and liked having someone else to blame. A true parasite.

I'm probably not the first to say this but AS is fortunate he's still breathing since a dead soldier-husband's benefits could leave a girl with a nice little nest egg.

Agree! I'm curious, does anyone know at this stage of the game, how often a defense attorney meets with the defendant? Any lawyers out there that can shed some light?

I mean, have they already spent several days with her, working an angle? Or do you think they haven't even met with her that much yet because they're still combing through the mountain of evidence that they requested to see from the prosecution? Just curious how this works.

I expect defense attorneys will use the social distancing requirements to stall everything for a long time.

With Covid-19 a real threat in jails I would think meetings with incarcerated clients would be few and far between.

I don't credit TS with having an ounce of intelligence, but has the thought occurred to her, she could have retrieved the bullet from his body after she murdered him and disposed of it, specifically to prevent LE from being able to match the ballistics.

If Gannon was shot, the ME's report will indicate whether or not there was an exit wound.

If there was no exit wound and no bullet, we'll know she thought ahead enough to recover the bullet from his body.

If there was an exit wound, but no evidence of a bullet hole found anywhere in the home, he was likely shot and killed before she returned to the house that day.

If there was a bullet found lodged in his body, then there's yet one more nail she's pounded into her coffin.

She's such a moron.

JMO.

I'd be checking her pants for that bullet.

Smoke. Carpet. Fire. Cut. Bandage. Blister. Wall. Blood. Sporting equipment. Hockey. Bike. Bed. Suitcase. Gate. (Car)edge. Sock. <<

Good post Meg. If I may add to list...

Suede Sofa. Candle. Board. Truck. Blanket. Bath salts. Switch. Eguardo. Gun. Quincy. Hike. Road. Selfies. Phone. Dog coats. Burger King. Daytona 500. Tools. Object. Rape. Security code. Castle Rock. Petco. Freak out. Military man. Step kids. Clean up.

And there it is: She “cleaned up” the rape scene. If that isn’t the most damning evidence, besides the suitcase, Google searches, n loc pings, I don’t know what is.

Smoke. Carpet. Fire. Cut. Bandage. Blister. Wall. Blood. Sporting equipment. Hockey. Bike. Bed. Suitcase. Gate. (Car)edge. Sock. <<

Suede Sofa. Candle. Board. Truck. Blanket. Bath salts. Switch. Eguardo. Gun. Quincy. Hike. Road. Selfies. Phone. Dog coats. Burger King. Daytona 500. Tools. Object. Rape. Security code. Castle Rock. Petco. Freak out. Military man. Step kids. Clean up.

And there it is: She “cleaned up” the rape scene. If that isn’t the most damning evidence, besides the suitcase, Google searches, n loc pings, I don’t know what is.
Just thinking...LS has already written a book about herself just by running her mouth.

Exactly. Who cleans up a rape scene? Particularly one that involves the abduction of your stepson? I can picture some night clean-up scenario from a young party person out of embarrassment or fear of social/parental/or institutional judgement.

But TS is almost 40, right? What woman of that maturity, is going to NOT report the abduction of her stepson and COVER IT UP? The answer: none.

Hi! Sorry, I fell asleep lol.

I'm honestly a bit confused about how Colorado charges those enhancements; here, if they're each alleged separately, that means I believe each of them to be true. NOT because I think one is, but not all, and I'm just shooting my shot to see what sticks. But, the way they're written out in their penal code, I'm a bit confused about if they're ALL alleged, or what.

Allen adding the murder w/ deliberation and intent tells me he now believes she did premeditate this. There is something they have that tells them that. We don't even know a fraction of the facts in this case, believe me.

BBM:

Thanks for those prosecutorial insights, @riolove77 !

Your explanation makes all kinds of sense. It appears to me as though DDA Allen got results back from the ME's report that indicated all 3 separate types of injuries were found on Gannon's body, and that led him to file all those charges separately along w/ the Murder 1 with Deliberation charge.

One of the things I'm waiting to find out from the ME's report is whether or not GS's body bore signs of older, unexplained injuries. I strongly suspect that to be the case.

F/U Question: If GS's autopsy showed evidence that he had been drugged, would the DA likely file additional charges, and if so, what would those charges be?

JMO.

You are not the only person confused a bit with the enhancer charges under Section 18-1.3-406.-- Mandatory sentences for violent crimes as this rule has been challenged, the statutory language construed, and subsequently amended a few times since 1982!

I believe the latest is that each 'Crime of Violence' charge has to be separately listed prior to a defendant's preliminary hearing, but the applicable, specified charges subject to the enhancers only need be (a) committed, conspired to be committed, or attempted to be committed by a person.

Relative to the allegations LS shot, stabbed or bludgeoned GS (i.e., deadly weapon charge), it seems LS only had to (A) Use, or possess and threaten the use of, a deadly weapon.

By the amended complaint, LS was formally charged with 8 total counts of 'Crime of Violence' (enhancers) so it follows that these would include:

3 counts for (A) deadly weapon, and
1 count for (B) Caused serious bodily injury or death.

I'm guessing each count above was multiplied for GS being a victim under age 12 and the defendant viewed as a person of trust (bringing the total count to 8).

I think an enhancer count for a deadly weapon (gun or firearm) would still apply whether GS had a gun wound or not if LS had or threatened GS with a gun.

I also question whether or not drugs in GS system could even be determined with his body (liver) decomposed.

MOO

That’s a very real possibility. I like your take on that.

In the surveillance video it looks like she's carrying a tennis racket bag to the truck before she backed in the driveway. I wonder if she abused him with a tennis racket and was taking it back that morning to get rid of the evidence. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper