Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think he was injured before he got in the truck? I think maybe she lost it sometime before. So I wonder what the trip was all about. Alibi trip? Maybe she had a plan and didn't go through with it?
I do think he was injured on Sunday night, but it wasn’t the injuries that caused that blood splatter. I forgot to add in my other reply, they also found no blood in the truck.

I absolutely believe she never planned on Gannon returning to the house alive, but something happened that caused her to change plans.

If she drugged him with something, he didn’t die. If she was planning to kill him somewhere, perhaps she realized she couldn’t pull it off for some reason.

She made sure she couldn’t be tracked there morning, and there is a reason for that.

I do think he was injured on Sunday night, but it wasn’t the injuries that caused that blood splatter. I forgot to add in my other reply, they also found no blood in the truck.

I absolutely believe she never planned on Gannon returning to the house alive, but something happened that caused her to change plans.

If she drugged him with something, he didn’t die. If she was planning to kill him somewhere, perhaps she realized she couldn’t pull it off for some reason.

She made sure she couldn’t be tracked there morning, and there is a reason for that.
We're on the same with her hurting him before Monday. I'm just thinking by the time she killed him, she had already worked out that she was reporting him as a runaway. The way she killed him was sloppy and I feel like she was in panic mode because the ride for whatever reason didn't work out. She's very conniving.

You know, I haven't mentioned this before but always thought it.
Gannon's eyes never looked excited when he was smiling. Sweet boy with a sad heart imo.
I have a grandson his age. His eye's always light up when he's smiling. It's a true happiness.
I don't see that in Gannon's eye's.
So, I think there has been a problem for a very long time.
jmo

I see a HUGE difference in pics when he's with LH. IMO, there's a definite look of love & happiness toward LH. One particular pic that fills my heart & breaks it in a million pieces at the same time is one from when Gannon is younger (looks about 6-7 yrs) and he's sitting on the edge of a stage/platform looking up at LH who is holding a microphone. Pure love for his Momma in his eyes!

Obviously it doesn't bring their sweet boy back, but I'm comforted that LH & AS seem to have a lot of pics of all their special times together to hold on to happy memories of Gannon! LH has a lot of video clips, seemingly from video chats that she had daily with Gannon when he was living in CO, to see & hear his voice. Bittersweet & invaluable!

We're on the same with her hurting him before Monday. I'm just thinking by the time she killed him, she had already worked out that she was reporting him as a runaway. The way she killed him was sloppy and I feel like she was in panic mode because the ride for whatever reason didn't work out. She's very conniving.
Oh, the premeditation is clear from that Google search alone (track his phone).

She likely made it in the parking lot of the Petco, and it set the stage for the runaway story. She was going to kill him, and figured she had the perfect way to misdirect law enforcement.

Oh, the premeditation is clear from that Google search alone (track his phone).

She likely made it in the parking lot of the Petco, and it set the stage for the runaway story. She was going to kill him, and figured she had the perfect way to misdirect law enforcement.
You think she was panicky when she killed him?

BBM I think AS was confusing lust with love. IMO
I totally agree with your last statement.
I think LS ruled that household and I wonder if she allowed Gannon and his Dad any alone time. If LS was abusing Gannon in any way, maybe he would have told his Dad about it during a father/son fishing trip, camping trip, etc. IMO

I think Landen basically had to say she trusted LS. People could start pointing fingers and asking questions as to why her kids were living with someone she never trusted. It's a no-win situation for Landen. IMO

Actually it was a no-win situation for those innocent children.

No. I think she was in a rage.

She didn’t just kill him, as much as she destroyed him. I think the autopsy results are going to be shocking.
Hard to think that she was in that much of a rage that whole time. I think the initial harm was rage, the rest was planned. Until the failure of the drive. Then I think it was panic and the need to finish him/dispose of him.

What kind of Mom takes her child to Disney World, and then ignores what the child wants to do, and makes them go do what Mom wants? That is so freakin selfish.

Well, in the case of LS, I assume you're using the descriptive label "Mom" in a loose sense. This creature was not a Mom! What kind of person takes a child to DW, ignores the child & insists on doing what they want instead??? LS--the most evil, selfish, narcissistic & IMMATURE person! IMHO sure Disney World can be fun for adults, but what gave me the most fulfillment there was seeing the joy in my own kids' eyes & excitement as they experienced all the sights there!

The immaturity seems to have been a part of LS her entire life, as if she didn't mature intellectually past a young age. I'll leave the analysis of LS's childhood & what lead to her immaturity & depravity to the professionals like @10ofRods!

MOO

TS, that’s who.

I’ve never agreed with the sentiment that she wore a disguise, and didn’t show her true colors until it was too late.

She didn’t fool anyone, and she wasn’t hiding who she was. It was there for everyone to see.

Self centered, volatile, and without empathy. She’s also about as subtle as a Cat 5 hurricane.

And to those around her:

Tell me you didn’t care. Tell me you looked the other way. But don’t tell me you didn’t know.

^^^Nailed it @MassGuy!!

One more question @MassGuy , she put him in her car, then, what do you think she did with him? Do you think he was in the moving truck or do you think she stashed his body somewhere and came back for him at a later date and transported?
So she puts him in the back of her Tiguan, likely in a suitcase. She calls the police, but they don’t look inside the car.

The next morning she goes to the airport to pick up Al, and leaves her car there (with Gannon’s body) and she rents the Kia.

She comes back later that night, picks up her Tiguan, and drives Gannon’s body to the dumpsite.

The body remains there until she returns in yet another rental car (the Altima rented by her aunt), and gathers his body.

It’s a guessing game from this point, but I guess she put the suitcase in the back of whatever vehicle she used to travel to Florida.

Hard to think that she was in that much of a rage that whole time. I think the initial harm was rage, the rest was planned. Until the failure of the drive. Then I think it was panic and the need to finish him/dispose of him.

Whether it was from drugs, lack of sleep or totally just the raging nature of the beast, it's clear that T struggled with maintaining a consistent train of thought.

She may have had a plan but, as with most criminals it went off the rails when reality hit.

I'm so thankful for the way investigations have been enhanced by cell phone data, videotape, well-trained dogs and, of course, DNA.

I especially love imagining T (and other murderers) scrambling to clean up blood that can be lit up by Blue Star and Luminol even when the clean-up appears to be successful.

There must be constant "wringing-the-hands, where-did-I-go-wrong?" happening in the hoosegow with ole T.

May each day be worse than the last as the hearing approaches where she'll know just how bad things can get!

And may the jail commissary be as light on necessities as my supermarket! I might even possibly celebrate guards selling the cheap crunchy toilet paper on the black market.

Last edited:
So she puts him in the back of her Tiguan, likely in a suitcase. She calls the police, but they don’t look inside the car.

The next morning she goes to the airport to pick up Al, and leaves her car there (with Gannon’s body) and she rents the Kia.

She comes back later that night, picks up her Tiguan, and drives Gannon’s body to the dumpsite.

The body remains there until she returns in yet another rental car (the Altima rented by her aunt), and gathers his body.

It’s a guessing game from this point, but I guess she put the suitcase in the back of whatever vehicle she used to travel to Florida.
Gah, if they had onky looked into the car that night. But maybe they did. She could have put him in the wheel well, and maybe they only looked for a hiding Gannon in the trunk top portion.
I don't have the tineline in front of me, but were there 2 trips to SC, or one? Or do we know?

Gah, if they had inky looked into the car that night. But maybe they did. She could have put him in the wheel well, and maybe they only looked for a hiding Gannon in the trunk top portion.
I don't have the tineline in front of me, but were there 2 trips to SC, or one? Or do we know?
One that we know of, but we don’t know the specifics.

I think she drove to SC via Florida, and didn’t take his body all the way to SC before dumping him in Florida.

One that we know of, but we don’t know the specifics.

I think she drove to SC via Florida, and didn’t take his body all the way to SC before dumping him in Florida.
Me too. I have to admit, I was realky shocked he was found in Florida. That woman has some balls and I think she'll fit right in in prison.

Me too. I have to admit, I was realky shocked he was found in Florida. That woman has some balls and I think she'll fit right in in prison.
I think every single person familiar with this case was shocked that he was found in Florida. I saw that Tweet, and figured it just had to be wrong.

I expected his body to be found in the spring, and not far from the search area.

That’s not normal criminal behavior, and it’s insane considering the scrutiny she was under.

A lot of ppl are questioning LH's "trust" statement. This is how I take it, MOO, JMO, IMO

I know ppl, specifically women, whom I wouldn't trust around my husband. My own sister is one of those kinds of women. BUT I would trust her with my kids' safety. Being a (insert your own word/phrase here) doesn't automatically make a woman a bad person OVERALL.
But, I also have an uncle whom I wouldn't leave alone with a kid (male or female) for two hot seconds. And if I ever made that mistake, there's no way on Earth I could ever truthfully say "I trusted him" unless the rest of that sentence was "to ruin this kid".
I have friends who I would trust with my life if I needed someone to make to right call on whether or not to pull the plug, but I wouldn't leave 50¢ on the coffee table in front of them if I wanted it to be there when I came back.
Basically, there different levels and types of trust. LS probably came across as someone you couldn't trust with your guy, but who would go the ends of the Earth for your kid.
Plus, it's being said that LS and LH were weren friends before LS took up with AS. So maybe LH really did trust her as far as the kids were concerned.
The fact that the courts gave custody to AS and LS speaks to that. If LH had any concerns she could have pushed the issue in family court possibly had the children awarded to one of her own family members or one of AS family members that she felt comfortable with. I haven't heard anyone saying they tried to get the kids, or they never felt right about LS etc, so I really don't think this was some ongoing animosity toward Gannon. Not like ongoing abuse or some murder "plot" per se.
Ok I'm rambling...the point it I think LH was being completely honest when she said she trusted LS (at least as far it concerns the kids.)

I think every single person familiar with this case was shocked that he was found in Florida. I saw that Tweet, and figured it just had to be wrong.

I expected his body to be found in the spring, and not far from the search area.

That’s not normal criminal behavior, and it’s insane considering the scrutiny she was under.
Totally insane! But the way she was pre-splaning I guess should have been a clue. She literally said "he's probably out of the state by now ". Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loislooking