Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LH saying she trusted her, was the same as law enforcement maintaining that this was not a criminal investigation.

There’s just no way that was true, especially considering their past history.

“...friends close and enemies closer.”
I’m thinking about that last press conference, when LS was charged with murder. Landen said she had trusted LS.
At that point, there was no need for Landen to say she trusted her. LE was no longer saying there wasn’t a criminal investigation. LS was charged. So Landen was free to say she never trusted her.

I think Landen had to put her trust in TS. . Landen didn't have physical custody and could not see them frequently because they moved out of the region. The children were living with their father; she trusted him.

While Gannon was missing, Landen realized TS's behavior was strange. The ever-changing stories likely fit T's pattern when she was caught in a lie. Landen must have hoped against hope that TS would not have hurt or killed Gannon. She had to try to quash doubts and suspicion, Trusting TS would not have harmed Gannon was the way she'd see her son again.
I guess that’s possible. I took it to mean that she always trusted her. It just sounded like a strange remark to me.

I don’t see how Landen could have trusted either of them. Now since she was hospitalized and couldn’t care for the children, I understand her back was against the wall so of necessity she had to trust them to care for the kids but that remark from her at the press conference sounded like they were friends. Just strange.

I guess that’s possible. I took it to mean that she always trusted her. It just sounded like a strange remark to me.

I don’t see how Landen could have trusted either of them. Now since she was hospitalized and couldn’t care for the children, I understand her back was against the wall so of necessity she had to trust them to care for the kids but that remark from her at the press conference sounded like they were friends. Just strange.
Not as strange as it seems. My sister was called out by her counselor. She labeled her a "hero narsisitic." Until then I had never heard of that.

This type of narcissist is invested in being the hero. The savior, the good guy, the fixer, the problem solver. (Which describes my sister).

They often appear concerned, compassionate and helpful. They are often extremely manipulative and use guilt and fear.

This is how I see TS and LH "came to trust her."

I have tried to see any similarities between other cases I have followed. LS and another step-mother case I followed recently...5 year old Lucas Hernadez comes to mind. His step-mother Emily Glass (although unmarried to his father) had "inherited" Lucas when his dad was granted full custody. His mom, like Gannon's mom, obviously lost custody for reasons that validated the court's decisions.

Emily and Lucas's father had a child together who was under a year old. Lucas's father worked out of town, and Emily was in charge of him, as was LS when AS was away.

Emily reported Lucas as a missing child. She had killed Lucas, but eventually led a PI to his where his remains were found. There were definite signs of neglect and abuse by Emily before she killed him. She hid him well enough, and long enough, that no forensic autopsy could determine the cause of his death. But this is where the two step-mothers differ. Emily killed herself before being arrested for his murder. His loved ones will never know what happened. She was a coward who took the easy way out. How despicable can a child killer get?

Well I just found out that a step-mom, child murderess can be more evil than Emily Glass. LS is not capable of feeling remorse, or fear of being found guilty, so suicide would never enter her mind. She will claim her innocence to the end, and Gannon's loved ones will never know the truth of what happened.

Lucas's father was supportive of Emily and was in total denial that his son was being abused by her, despite witness reports to CPS of abuse over the years. Whatever eases your guilt eh? The other factor that I think comes into play is the problem of rearing children as a single parent when your job takes you away from home, and especially after you have fought in court to gain custody.

I don't see the same defense mechanism from Gannon's father as was apparent with Lucas's father. I will give AS the benefit of the doubt that he didn't truly know what how she was affecting Gannon, or what she was capable of doing. jmo

have a lot of catching up to do, one of my best friends passed away unexpectedly at the age of 35 a few days ago and its all a bit of a blur..., not covid related either

Sorry for your loss Zen. Was it heart attack or stroke, per chance? Both sudden, asymptomatic causes are now being ascribed to CoVid-19, some with false negative test results. The false-neg rate is so high they are actually seeing patients close to death with URT viral pneumonias on vents still testing negative.

Last edited:
I’m thinking about that last press conference, when LS was charged with murder. Landen said she had trusted LS.
At that point, there was no need for Landen to say she trusted her. LE was no longer saying there wasn’t a criminal investigation. LS was charged. So Landen was free to say she never trusted her.
I think it was more of a I trusted you, how could you have done this?

Spoiler she never trusted her, but she never thought she’d kill her child either Jmo

Last edited:
I think it was more of a I trusted you, how could you have done this?

Spoiler she never trusted her, but she never thought she’d kill her child Jmo
Yeah, I doubt she ever liked or trusted TS. It was reported early on, when reporters were interviewing neighbors when news of the video came out, that there was a lot of conflict between LS and Landen.

It would not serve any purpose for Landen to mention that in a public statement at all.

Imo

I completely agree; TS belonged to some of the same True Crime forums and Blogs that I have frequented. I found her name (or variations of- including her daughter's name) in a quick search of numerous member lists. I found comments in blogs and YouTube videos. I do think she used information from some of these groups in attempt to protect herself from being arrested (or delay the inevitable). It is interesting to me that her name and comments have been removed in some of forums since her arrest. Wonder why- and who did this?
Here are some of the "copy-cat" actions I can think of off the top of my head:
  • Internet searches (can my electronic devices be tracked?)
  • Collection of tissues/cups/soda cans/utensils during interviews.
  • "Medical Emergency" during interview(s).
  • Casting blame on another individual(s).
  • Claiming blackouts during commission of a crime.
  • Social Media and MSM interviews- Tsplaining.
  • Unbelievable changing stories (Eguardo/Quincy).
  • Claims of sexual predator(s) being involved in the disappearance of a child.
  • Claims of sexual assault.
  • Leaving phone at home (possibly turning Gannon's off).
  • Using a vehicle without GPS.
  • Rental cars.
  • Using a suitcase to conceal body.
  • Cleaning of crime scene.
  • Disposing of evidence in different locations.
  • Moving body (at least twice).
  • Leaving town.
  • Relocating body to another state.
  • Claiming brutality against law enforcement.
  • Assaulting guards/law enforcement in attempt to escape confinement.
There are so many more. A few of these ideas, IMO, came directly from the support groups created specifically for TS. For someone who thought she was so smart, she really drew attention to herself. Dumb as all of the other criminals who tried using some of the same methods ^^ and got caught. Didn't work for them- didn't work for her.

*Groups/Blogs/Forums I was able to confirm her activity: K Horman, C Anothony, J.B. Ramsey, C Watts, C McKinney, Delphi murders, numerous missing persons/cold cases, Reddit, several true crime and sleuthing blogs/forums, FB pages, and YouTube comments (to include physic versions of crimes).

Love this. So true!

• Casting blame on another individual(s). — *straight out of JA’s ‘Book of Murder.’

• Claiming blackouts during commission of a crime. —. * Again, ‘JA’s Book of Murder.’ How obvious could she be.

• Unbelievable changing stories (Eguardo/Quincy). — * Just plain CRAZY.

• Rental cars. — * ‘Peterson’s Murder 101.’

• Claiming brutality against law enforcement. — * From OJ’s ‘How to Get Away With Murder.’

• Assaulting guards/law enforcement in attempt to escape confinement. — * Again, straight up CRAZY. And “OJ’s Bronco Chase.”

Last edited:
Yeah, I doubt she ever liked or trusted TS. It was reported early on, when reporters were interviewing neighbors when news of the video came out, that there was a lot of conflict between LS and Landen.

It would not serve any purpose for Landen to mention that in a public statement at all.

Imo

The most obvious thing about LH is how much she loved that boy, and how much he loved her. That had to bother TS. And if there was any reason she left him with TS for any amount of time it was most likely bc she had no other choice.

Last edited:
I agree AS looked the other way likely because of his love for her. I don’t think he knew she would abuse and kill Gannon. Some of us have a sixth sense about that kind of thing while others don’t.
What I do not understand is Landen saying she trusted her. How would you ever trust someone who slept with your husband while you were still his wife?

Perhaps some defensiveness on Landen's part? It's hard to admit you may have missed some signs and your child was killed.

I just realized something. During the Sunday night incident video the little sister said to TS, “Why, what happened?” as she was being roused from sleep by TS. That tells us that whatever “it” was, was probably not that loud, or the initial insult too prolonged. Also that it probably did not result in a loud scream from G. This might let us rule out such things on Sunday night as:

Gunshot

A big physical fight between T and G

Some loud crash of glass or other object on wall or concrete

Fire with smoke. (T would have woken up other kids and got them out of house as well)

Whatever “it” was must have happened suddenly and quickly and fairly quietly.

Last edited:
I don't see the same defense mechanism from Gannon's father as was apparent with Lucas's father. I will give AS the benefit of the doubt that he didn't truly know what how she was affecting Gannon, or what she was capable of doing. jmo

Probably why TS took so many selfies of her and G to send to him. “Thou doth protest too much.” ‘See AS, I’m not an evil step mom.’

I agree AS looked the other way likely because of his love for her. I don’t think he knew she would abuse and kill Gannon. Some of us have a sixth sense about that kind of thing while others don’t.
What I do not understand is Landen saying she trusted her. How would you ever trust someone who slept with your husband while you were still his wife?
BBM I think AS was confusing lust with love. IMO
I totally agree with your last statement.
I think LS ruled that household and I wonder if she allowed Gannon and his Dad any alone time. If LS was abusing Gannon in any way, maybe he would have told his Dad about it during a father/son fishing trip, camping trip, etc. IMO

I think Landen basically had to say she trusted LS. People could start pointing fingers and asking questions as to why her kids were living with someone she never trusted. It's a no-win situation for Landen. IMO

Hi all, haven't been to Gannon thread for a while, I have a couple questions.
1, I'm not understanding the timeline. Between 10 and 2 when we see in the video TS leaving with Gannon and not seeing him leave the truck on the return, why do they think she killed him after that trip? Are they sure it wasn't just the clean up job on return?
2, I totally don't get some of the goidmgle searches. Especially the one about the tooth brush. What she typed in to the Google search is almost like she was typing to someone. The one about the tooth brush, I typed in to Google myself and there were no results.

1, I'm not understanding the timeline. Between 10 and 2 when we see in the video TS leaving with Gannon and not seeing him leave the truck on the return, why do they think she killed him after that trip? Are they sure it wasn't just the clean up job on return?
2, I totally don't get some of the goidmgle searches. Especially the one about the tooth brush. What she typed in to the Google search is almost like she was typing to someone. The one about the tooth brush, I typed in to Google myself and there were no results.
They think she killed him upon returning based on the blood evidence.

They clearly believe it shows that extreme violence occurred, and he likely died in his bedroom. So although the video is compelling, the forensic evidence overpowers that.

I don’t anticipate their theory changing, but if it does, we’ll learn about that in about 5 weeks (preliminary hearing).

As for the Google searches, my only answer is “she’s stupid.” Watch a small child communicating with AI (Alexa, Siri, etc), and you’ll see the same type of phrasing.

Many parents get fast food for their kids and it doesn't equate to neglect, uneducated or not. It's quite a jump to go from going to Burger King or other fast food places for food to neglect to murder.

LOL I wasn’t “jumping” from fast food to murder. If you read closely I said, “that feed them fast food ‘most’ of the time.” I could definitely see TS being too interested in surfing the web to actually cook for them. It’s just one small part of the picture. They aren’t “her kids,” she may have felt who cares what crap goes into their bodies, etc. It’s almost like she was saying “I took him to Burger King! Look what a great step mom I am.” No educated person would take their kid for fast food daily, as I doubt you do. And who knows if she did. Just threw that out there as a possibility, based on her personality traits, google searches, and other things we’ve learned about her.

Last edited:
On March 18, 2020, the El Paso County Sheriff's Office was contacted by the Santa Rosa County Sheriff's Office stating they responded to a call of a deceased juvenile male in Pace, Florida.

EPC Sheriff's Office

The EPC Sheriff's post mentions the autopsy that was done by the Santa Rosa County coroner in FL when Gannon was found. I know the jurisdiction where he was found wouldn't want to waste any time in doing one for ID purposes, etc. Curious if EPC officials would have flown to FL so they could be present for the autopsy? Would the defense also want an independent autopsy done?

#GannonStrong #GannonsArmy

Do you think he was injured before he got in the truck? I think maybe she lost it sometime before. So I wonder what the trip was all about. Alibi trip? Maybe she had a plan and didn't go through with it?

I agree. LS collecting her tissue and the alleged medical incident all occurred while the investigators were waiting for a judge to sign the search warrant for LS DNA.

Yes, I totally think LS tissue stuffing was to prevent LE from using the tissues for DNA. Besides she's a nut job! IIRC she complained how LE wouldn't let her leave and "didn't give her nothing to drink!" Well in T-speak, I guess technically she had to fake a medical emergency & leave via ambulance, but I wonder about them giving her something to drink?? If they did, she would have had to stuff the cup/can down her pants too as they could've collected DNA from it as well! :rolleyes:

Dear Lord, this woman was a whirling dervish of chaos, evil, deceit, and dumbness! :mad:

MOO JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member