Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What shocks me most is the fear any of us “normal” folks would have in driving across country with a dead body that smells. Could she have packed him in ice? That’s a gross thought. And how was she able to stop for gas? And why didn’t her travel buddies have a hint of the trip being strange? (Maybe they were used to “strange” with LS).

I believe her trip to FL and N.C. was pre-planned, which is why I believe the murder was more premeditation than rage. She wanted to kill Gannon for some strange revenge. But she knew she would have to hide his body and get away from CO herself. Why not drop him off somewhere along the way?

I’m so behind but, was there a moving van in the background of the “Cousin It” interview? If so, could it have been used to transport to FL?

Re BBM

JMO
I agree and is also what I think happened.

If you look at an overhead google map of the area, there is water before that spot and the road is still elevated like a bridge. So I think the person totally messed up thinking there was still water under the road and they didnt notice that because it was dark out when they went through.

I think they were on the taller lanes on the far side which had them going over water first before they hit that area of dry land.

I think they just messed up badly thinking there was water still under the road. She may have first seen the water reflecting in moonlight or other car lights and she may have just assumed the water was still there as she passed further on the road. It would fit with her making really stupid mistakes. LOL

Its another thing we will never get to see unfortunately. Her reaction as she heard a thud instead of a splash. :)
I never saw the google overhead view. I just pictured her stopping on a dark night and dropping the suitcase off the bridge. I had no idea water was there at one time. And she likely did think there was water underneath. If she knew that, it fits with the planning part of what she did.

Maybe she wasn’t concerned that the suitcase would fall apart or come open because she had it bolted somehow. Nothing about how the suitcase was locked was mentioned in the PC. Can you imagine the shock of the construction worker? Maybe he couldn’t even open it and called his supervisors immediately knowing something was very wrong. Can you imagine the smell?

Everything she did, every step she took just tells me what a cold calculating heart and mind she has.

The Bloody Board

1. 100% makes me think she had help carrying him. No way in hell did she carry a dead body on a big board alone.

2. I wonder if the carriers used gloves or left prints on it.

imo

The implication isn’t that she carried him on the board, rather, it appears (to me) his body may have rested on top of it.

This would explain why there was no blood found in her vehicle.

Once she dumped his body, she not only had no use for the board, but it was evidence against her. That’s why she disposed of it.

Someone asked last night about TS’ hand during the interview (if it was bandaged). Someone posed that question to Spencer:

If you’re talking about a large gauze style bandage, I feel like I would have remembered that, and did not see something like that. But whether or not she had a small Band-Aid style bandage, I couldn’t tell you.

Spencer Wilson on Twitter

I’m so behind but, was there a moving van in the background of the “Cousin It” interview? If so, could it have been used to transport to FL?
Here’s what Spencer had to say:

Sure, the van in the back of the video was a part of the caravan she was riding with, I believe that it was her moving truck.

My news car was parked in front of her two cars, so it was out of frame.

Parking went

4D34CAFE-7FE6-46AA-9622-CEED81987F8A.jpeg

Green=moving truck
Red=Letecia’s car
Blue=News car

Spencer Wilson on Twitter

The similarities are amazing to me. At first I didnt really make the connection but the more you think about those two the more they are the same.

Here are some of the things the two cases have in common:

*Receipts/purchases of things found out by LE that become important.

*Cameras or Videos became important in their cases.

*Driving long distances that dont seem to bother them

*Willing, able, and ready to always talk to media and the public because they want to manipulate the public just like they manipulated others around them.

*Very narcistic. Mostly thinks only about themselves and how others are only to be used for their advantage to benefit themselves.

*Cannot feel empathy for others at all.

*Lots of planning to do a perfect murder that ends up failing

*Coming up with excuses for every single thing

*Doesnt like it when someone else is getting the attention that they think should be going to them. Remember JA at Travis' friend's house when everyone was trying to have a good time, except there is JA ruining the mood for everyone and wanting to drag poor TA out of there while he was trying to enjoy himself.

*total overkill with the murder itself. Knives, guns, and no telling what else.

*After the deed, they run to others that will support them. JA went to her other out of state friends house and got another phone and then went home to family members where she was eventually arrested near her home (trying to flee is what a lot of us think). TS did the same and went with family and friends to go home where she was eventually arrested near her other home state. And like she lied to the judge "I was not trying to run from you guys" LOL

*the list goes on and on when you think about all the similarities between JA and TS.

Yeah, we had a good time following that case, didn’t we? LOL
It was actually maddening. I can’t recall the name of the poster, but there was one who kept questioning her guilt and the way Martinez was prosecuting. That was just crazy. And we had so many, many posters! Of course, it helped that the trial was on camera. Remember how she lowered her chair to make her appear small and frail? And how she taunted Martinez in answering every question? And how she made her defense team suffer? And how every question ended with a closed door session with the judge? It’s surprising the trial ever ended. And her team were public defenders. That’s why I say to never under estimate a public defender. She would have received the DP, were it not for one male juror who fell for her manipulative ways. Oh, and how she made sure that the reporters brought her makeup before she would appear on camera? Ah, the memories.
Poor Travis.

I think if LS could get away with it, she would do exactly the same thing.
So look out for the interviews. I’m sure she will have her back to the cameras. I mean, no make up and all. It’s hard on a girl. :p

Is it possible she dumped him late at night and, not knowing the area, thought there was water beneath the bridge that would carry him to the Gulf?

I am wondering if she spent the night in that area (Pace, FL) as an excuse to do something else and then freaked the next day to find there was no water beneath the bridge? Thought crossed my mind. There was no way she could return to retrieve the suitcase.

She loves the thrill of taking chances. I wonder how she feels knowing those days are gone.

GS wanted to be found! We know from prior thread that there had been flooding in the area January 2020 which makes me think there could have been water around the bridge. I think either the water receded or LS missed it altogether and the suitcase landed on the bank. Regardless -- I'm grateful the suitcase was visible on March 17.

The fact that keeps jumping out at me is this:

Gannon was dead by Jan 27th

TS does interview with back to camera on Jan 28th (or 29th?)

LE has a tracking device on the rented (by Aunt), Altima - but LE does not know Gannon was dumped in Florida.

However, after Gannon's body was located, LE asks for witnesses seeing TS in Florida between Feb. 3 and 5th to come forward. 6-8 days after Gannon died!

I think the timeline is explained by the Altima and caravan going all the way to South Carolina, and then unbelievably, TS making a separate run to Florida with Gannon's body. Because there is no way it took 5 days to travel from Colorado to Pace, Florida. It could take 5 days to drive to SC, unload a van, make an excuse to go to Florida (job, etc) get another car, and then haul him to the spot he was found.

I think she drove straight over to South Carolina, ditched the family and the rented car (and in turn, the tracking device), and then made the journey to Florida by herself to dump Gannon. Otherwise, we could expect to see her in Florida on Feb 1 or 2nd at the latest. JMO

edited for clarity

GS wanted to be found! We know from prior thread that there had been flooding in the area January 2020 which makes me think there could have been water around the bridge. I think either the water receded or LS missed it altogether and the suitcase landed on the bank. Regardless -- I'm grateful the suitcase was visible on March 17.
Absolutely. I’m glad they could bring the body home to family.
It wasn’t enough to LS to torture and kill him. She wanted the family to suffer by never having his body found for a proper burial. The monster she is.

Last edited:
The fact that keeps jumping out at me is this:

Gannon was dead by Jan 27th

TS does interview with back to camera on Jan 28th (or 29th?)

LE has a tracking device on the rented (by Aunt), Altima - but LE does not know Gannon was dumped in Florida.

However, after Gannon's body was located, LE asks for witnesses seeing TS in Florida between Feb. 3 and 5th to come forward. 6-8 days after Gannon died!

I think the timeline is explained by the Altima and caravan going all the way to South Carolina, and then unbelievably, TS making a separate run to Florida with Gannon's body. Because there is no way it took 5 days to travel from Colorado to Pace, Florida. It could take 5 days to drive to SC, unload a van, make an excuse to go to Florida (job, etc) get another car, and then haul him to the spot he was found.

I think she drove straight over to South Carolina, ditched the family and the rented car (and in turn, the tracking device), and then made the journey to Florida by herself to dump Gannon. Otherwise, we could expect to see her in Florida on Feb 1 or 2nd at the latest. JMO

edited for clarity
I think LE asked for tips she may have been seen in Florida between February 3 to 5, but they didn’t ask until his body was found.

I also thought LE tracked her going through Texas and Louisiana on the way to Carolina didn’t they? We don’t know how long the trip took. That hasn’t been released has it?

I don’t think she took that body any further than FL. She was on her way to Carolina but made some type of detour to dump the body.

.... She cleaned carpet with brushes later washed in dishwasher. You don’t clean burns with brushes. I wonder if forensics can determine the exact makeup of any substance on carpet once cleaned with detergent.

RSandBBM

Yes! Especially given the cleaning agents she [allegedly] used to clean up the "burns" with brushes. Makes no sense if it were burns.

I think LE asked for tips she may have been seen in Florida between February 3 to 5, but they didn’t ask until his body was found.

I also thought LE tracked her going through Texas and Louisiana on the way to Carolina didn’t they? We don’t know how long the trip took. That hasn’t been released has it?

I don’t think she took that body any further than FL. She was on her way to Carolina but made some type of detour to dump the body.

Yes, they asked for tips after his body was found. They know the date for some reason - they don't suspect her there earlier. What would she be doing on the road for 5 days between CO and FL?

I don't think it was confirmed by LE the route that she took - just speculation by people analyzing the AA witnesses/FBI offices along the way.

Just doesn't make sense to meander along the route with family in tow.
jmo

Yes, they asked for tips after his body was found. They know the date for some reason - they don't suspect her there earlier. What would she be doing on the road for 5 days between CO and FL?

I don't think it was confirmed by LE the route that she took - just speculation by people analyzing the AA witnesses/FBI offices along the way.

Just doesn't make sense to meander along the route with family in tow.
jmo
She doesn’t make sense. Maybe she met up with a sugar daddy. Who knows?

LE has this information for sure.

There was never flooding in the area. The flooding of Escambia River happens 25 to 40 miles upstream. The area where the bridge in question crosses the river is where the river flows into Escambia Bay which in turn empties into the Gulf of Mexico. It is very wide and the area he was found was very far from the water's edge in both distance and height. I am local, live 3 miles from said bridge. There was no flooding there. It is impossible to see what is beneath the bridge when driving. She stopped and dropped him off the side, probably not realizing she was missing the river altogether.

Not necessarily. The AA wasn’t definitive, just “an assumption” they said based on finding blood in bedroom, and that was made prior to finding the body. Then DA said, whole new ballgame, something like that, after they found the body and filed new charges.

I do think it’s really interesting that they claimed not to be certain. LE says they did not see any evidence of G getting out of truck that day. They had videos from multiple neighbors, ADT, and other mined electronic data from computers, phones, and wire taps etc. so why don’t they “know for sure.” Sounds either like a planted statement for an investigative reason or they really just don’t know. But those are the 2 options right now. Him being home as a certainty as of the AA is not an option, according to what we know so far. It may be that he did come home, but as of AA, it hasn’t been deemed a certainty.

I think you're misunderstanding the nature of the AA. Although important, it's simply the instrument investigators use to present the four categories of evidence gathered to establish probable cause required to secure an arrest warrant. We look to the trial for definitive evidence, not the warrant.

There's a lot of room in a warrant when presenting what an officer sees, smells, or hears (i.e., observational, circumstantial, expertise, and information evidence).

MOO

There was never flooding in the area. The flooding of Escambia River happens 25 to 40 miles upstream. The area where the bridge in question crosses the river is where the river flows into Escambia Bay which in turn empties into the Gulf of Mexico. It is very wide and the area he was found was very far from the water's edge in both distance and height. I am local, live 3 miles from said bridge. There was no flooding there. It is impossible to see what is beneath the bridge when driving. She stopped and dropped him off the side, probably not realizing she was missing the river altogether.
Thanks for your local knowledge. Is it possible for you to share photos of the area for a better perspective of what we are trying to understand? Appreciate your input -- thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader