Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not convinced TS had an active murder plan until after 4 am on that Monday.... though more than likely she had all kinds of passive murder plans that date back years....

But let's say she realized on Monday morning that there was no turning back, Gannon was already severely injured. She leaves with him. Possibly she's seen leaving with a weapon, concealed in the bag. There's a reason she took the truck. There's a reason she took Gannon but not her phone. There's a reason she's off the grid between 11 and 1, that's no accident. She was SOMEWHERE.

It doesn't click for me that she'd bring him home to COMPLETE a murder. You'd arrange THAT in a bathtub... somewhere to contain the damage.

I think we're looking at TWO acts of violence. At least two. Sunday night, blunt force injury, hardly survivable. This was the only point of reference the DA had. IMO the autopsy revealed a bullet wound of such they'd earlier had no indication, suspicion or evidence. If the blood spatter in his bedroom was consistent with a gunshot and/or there was, say, damage to his headboard from a bullet, those charges would've been immediate, not add-ons post-autopsy! Surely the DA has more-than-considered the possibility/ likelihood he was first injured at home and secondarily shot elsewhere.

Without his body, they may never have known he'd been shot.

If his vision was at all impaired by the Sunday injury, she could easily have driven to a location, told Gannon they were going to the hospital, walked him out of the truck, and shot him. From behind.

The location and trajectory of that bullet entry will tell a major story.

I've never fired a gun. We'd speculated TS tried to bury him and we based that on the bandaid we think she's hiding under her sleeve in the Cousin It interview. Is it possible, when firing a gun, a long gun, to get your webbing pinched?

I think now it's MOST likely she injured her hand when she FIRST injured Gannon because she presplained her blood and his, on the walls, on the cover....

Me, I take greater satisfaction imagining Gannon injuring her. I hope he bit her. Not likely but it just makes me so angry, so sad that she overpowered a wholly defenseless, kind-hearted, loving little boy.

I hope she's finding jail to be absolutely miserable.

And that prison will be even worse.

JMO

Last edited:
I would say this was obviously premeditated. But when did it begin? Did a plan begin while AS's mom was visiting and LS was just waiting for for AS and his mom to leave? Or was this a result of a beating gone too far and then the plan erupted?
I think it began many moons before.
I think she was always jealous of Landen.
I think she always saw her as a threat.
I think her marriage was failing badly and she knew it would end soon.
<modsnip. If you know it is from social media, don't post it.>

Plan could have been hatched from then.
It's possible Al and Landen were getting on better and she perceived that as a threat or a reason..
It's very hard to know but my gut instinct is that it was an act of revenge. I could be dead wrong but what better way to leave a permanent hole in a person you hate..

Last edited by a moderator:
Not necessarily. The AA wasn’t definitive, just “an assumption” they said based on finding blood in bedroom, and that was made prior to finding the body. Then DA said, whole new ballgame, something like that, after they found the body and filed new charges.

I do think it’s really interesting that they claimed not to be certain. LE says they did not see any evidence of G getting out of truck that day. They had videos from multiple neighbors, ADT, and other mined electronic data from computers, phones, and wire taps etc. so why don’t they “know for sure.” Sounds either like a planted statement for an investigative reason or they really just don’t know. But those are the 2 options right now. Him being home as a certainty as of the AA is not an option, according to what we know so far. It may be that he did come home, but as of AA, it hasn’t been deemed a certainty.

I think by him leaving that morning and them not finding any blood inside of the truck, indicates that he was killed after they got back. Plus, the pictures that she took of him in bed that morning proves that he wasn't fatally wounded from the night before and was able to walk to the truck that morning. They have proof that the bedding and sheets were changed before LE arrived, and with all the blood they found, that's enough evidence to prove that it happened in his room.

She actually dumped him in the most idiotic place ever. Bridges have scheduled inspections, and a suitcase isn’t going to go unnoticed.

It was a matter of “when,” not “if.”

I’d just love to know what her thinking was there.
Is it possible she dumped him late at night and, not knowing the area, thought there was water beneath the bridge that would carry him to the Gulf?

I am wondering if she spent the night in that area (Pace, FL) as an excuse to do something else and then freaked the next day to find there was no water beneath the bridge? Thought crossed my mind. There was no way she could return to retrieve the suitcase.

She loves the thrill of taking chances. I wonder how she feels knowing those days are gone.

Not necessarily. The AA wasn’t definitive, just “an assumption” they said based on finding blood in bedroom, and that was made prior to finding the body. Then DA said, whole new ballgame, something like that, after they found the body and filed new charges.

I do think it’s really interesting that they claimed not to be certain. LE says they did not see any evidence of G getting out of truck that day. They had videos from multiple neighbors, ADT, and other mined electronic data from computers, phones, and wire taps etc. so why don’t they “know for sure.” Sounds either like a planted statement for an investigative reason or they really just don’t know. But those are the 2 options right now. Him being home as a certainty as of the AA is not an option, according to what we know so far. It may be that he did come home, but as of AA, it hasn’t been deemed a certainty.
This is simply how arrest affidavits are written. They are always littered with words like “belief, likely,” and “probable.”

They are a theory, based on evidence.

When surveillance video is discussed for instance, we commonly hear phrases like “matches the description,” or “believed to be.”

So the use of these words isn’t indicative of them being unsure about something or the evidence not being conclusive.

It seems LE would have been trailing her at that time and caught her. Why didn’t they?
Probably because they didn’t want to spook her. They couldn’t know she’d return to tamper with his body. They were hoping she’d lead them to the location of the disposal site, and that’s exactly what she did.

BBM:

I don't think your belief that GS didn't return home refutes any forensic proof in the AA.

The AA never asserted that it was a "fact" that GS returned home with TS that day.
The AA never asserted that it was a "fact" that TS killed GS in the home.
The AA never asserted that there was "so much blood found in the basement that GS must have died there."

The fact that the AA asserted was that GS's blood was found in the home, and the locations where it was found.

The claim that there was "so much blood" found in the home that GS couldn't have survived it is something that's been stated here in the thread by certain posters, based on the description of the crime scene, but LE didn't characterize it that way.

Also, I know I keep banging on this same, tired drum, but I'm doing so because it bears repeating:

This Arrest Affidavit was written prior to Gannon's body being discovered.

By far, the strongest evidence LE had prior to his body being found was the blood they found in the home.
That blood was their strongest evidence against TS, so they focused on that in the AA.
They had to somehow make the argument that he was dead without a body.
So they argued that the blood in the home proved that he was dead.

But guess what?
Their best evidence changed the day his body was located in Florida.
There's no longer any need whatsoever for LE to use the evidence found in the home to prove that Gannon is dead.

His body was found stuffed in a suitcase.
This isn't a no-body case any more.
And that, as we all know, "changes everything," to quote DDA Allen.
Including, I suspect, LE's theory of the crime.

Unless there's video of GS getting out of the truck that day, OR a blood expert testifies that GS could not have survived the amount of blood loss evidenced in that home, I expect the DA to push the reset button on that theory that GS must have returned with her that day.

I believe all the facts that were laid out in the AA 100%.

I'm just not sold on the speculative theory they posited.

JMO.
Your post is very thorough. I will go with whatever theory the DA gives us but I feel Gannon didn't return home with her. I do feel she left a huge amount of blood splatter in the home but cleaned him up enough to tell him she was taking him to a doctor and maybe drugged him for the drive. I still believe she finished him off away from home, hid him, then returned home to clean up the mess. I don’t believe a dead body was hidden in a suitcase in her Tiguan at home because of the smell.
She retrieved his body before leaving for FL from the spot she hid him in that Monday.

What shocks me most is the fear any of us “normal” folks would have in driving across country with a dead body that smells. Could she have packed him in ice? That’s a gross thought. And how was she able to stop for gas? And why didn’t her travel buddies have a hint of the trip being strange? (Maybe they were used to “strange” with LS).

I believe her trip to FL and N.C. was pre-planned, which is why I believe the murder was more premeditation than rage. She wanted to kill Gannon for some strange revenge. But she knew she would have to hide his body and get away from CO herself. Why not drop him off somewhere along the way?

Just rambling thoughts.

Probably because they didn’t want to spook her. They couldn’t know she’d return to tamper with his body. They were hoping she’d lead them to the location of the disposal site, and that’s exactly what she did.
But not on that day.

That’s what I mean. If they were tailing her, wouldn’t they have found his body right then and then arrest her? Why wait?

If so they'll be able to tell exactly where the bag came from and when it was purchased. I'm so amazed to hear they can even tell within minutes what time a bag was manufactured.

She was cooked without the body recovery; now she's burnt toast!
I have said that too. That would be the only explanation for no blood in the vehicle. The pet bags are for burial. No smell or fluids leak out.

But not on that day.

That’s what I mean. If they were tailing her, wouldn’t they have found his body right then and then arrest her? Why wait?
Not if she spotted them. There’s been plenty of cases where law enforcement has been led to a body thanks to a tracking device.

She just happened to do the one thing that no one expected. Playing the odds, this was the right play.

Frustrating as the reality is.

This post makes me think about something. That night neighbors must have seen cop cars, lights, flashlights, etc. Didn't they all come out asking what’s going on? In my neighborhood whenever anything happens, police or fire, everyone comes out of their homes and asks if they can help, no matter what time or day or night it is. Didn’t at least one neighbor stick his nose in her cars? I would have.
It’s possible LE just made a report and left. No lights. Neighbors in bed on a work and school night.

Thanks. That gives LE more reason to conclude she had premeditation in his murder since she brought the item to the vehicle before she left with him Monday.

I never did see a video clip either of her returning with the same "box looking thing".

I am pretty sure LE has lots more video clips that we have not gotten to see from that neighbor. I hope the neighbors video system picked up every single time she left or came back.

Wouldnt it be great if LE already has found that weapon and can prove it was used during his murder. It may have her prints all over it. Wondering about the ammunition too. She may have pulled out some shells and left the box in the house so more chance of prints on the box of ammunition.
I never gave a thought to LE having the murder weapon. I hope so.

And proud of herself too. Remember how she asked detectives if she could see the pictures of his dead body? This case reminds me so much of Jodi Arias. Chilling. Wonder if LS will also ask for TV interviews when the virus is over?
I've seen these two alike from the start and mentioned so several times, saying I do suspect she will be giving the interviews. She's going to drive her attorneys nuts!
I wonder if she'll take the stand too, because she thinks she can outsmart everyone.

Not if she spotted them. There’s been plenty of cases where law enforcement has been led to a body thanks to a tracking device.

She just happened to do the one thing that no one expected. Playing the odds, this was the right play.

Frustrating as the reality is.
You are more rational of course. However, in this day of drones and satellites, etc, surely they could have followed her right to the site without her ever having seen them. Guess they were indeed playing the odds. By then, they knew Gannon was dead anyway, I am sure.

I've seen these two alike from the start and mentioned so several times, saying I do suspect she will be giving the interviews. She's going to drive her attorneys nuts!
I wonder if she'll take the stand too, because she thinks she can outsmart everyone.
Yeah, so have I. Lol.
I never thought there would be another Jodi Arias. Overkill.
Driving across country with refilled tanks of gas in the car. Stabbing, shooting. She thought she was home free. But that pesky camera was left with pictures on it. And gas can receipts from Walmart.

I'm not convinced TS had an active murder plan until after 4 am on that Monday.... though more than likely she had all kinds of passive murder plans that date back years....

But let's say she realized on Monday morning that there was no turning back, Gannon was already severely injured. She leaves with him. Possibly she's seen leaving with a weapon, concealed in the bag. There's a reason she took the truck. There's a reason she took Gannon but not her phone. There's a reason she's off the grid between 11 and 1, that's no accident. She was SOMEWHERE.

It doesn't click for me that she'd bring him home to COMPLETE a murder. You'd arrange THAT in a bathtub... somewhere to contain the damage.

I think we're looking at TWO acts of violence. At least two. Sunday night, blunt force injury, hardly survivable. This was the only point of reference the DA had. IMO the autopsy revealed a bullet wound of such they'd earlier had no indication, suspicion or evidence. If the blood spatter in his bedroom was consistent with a gunshot and/or there was, say, damage to his headboard from a bullet, those charges would've been immediate, not add-ons post-autopsy! Surely the DA has more-than-considered the possibility/ likelihood he was first injured at home and secondarily shot elsewhere.

Without his body, they may never have known he'd been shot.

If his vision was at all impaired by the Sunday injury, she could easily have driven to a location, told Gannon they were going to the hospital, walked him out of the truck, and shot him. From behind.

The location and trajectory of that bullet entry will tell a major story.

I've never fired a gun. We'd speculated TS tried to bury him and we based that on the bandaid we think she's hiding under her sleeve in the Cousin It interview. Is it possible, when firing a gun, a long gun, to get your webbing pinched?

I think now it's MOST likely she injured her hand when she FIRST injured Gannon because she presplained her blood and his, on the walls, on the cover....

Me, I take greater satisfaction imagining Gannon injuring her. I hope he bit her. Not likely but it just makes me so angry, so sad that she overpowered a wholly defenseless, kind-hearted, loving little boy.

I hope she's finding jail to be absolutely miserable.

And that prison will be even worse.

JMO
I’m still in the camp she premeditated the whole thing. Wanted revenge for her own crazy reasons. And he never returned home from the trip on Monday. The overkill associated with rage was just her psychopathy. I liken her to Jodi Arias. Her life’s plan had in some way been interrupted and she would make AS pay.

IMO, she didn’t kill Laina because she felt closer to her.

Is it possible she dumped him late at night and, not knowing the area, thought there was water beneath the bridge that would carry him to the Gulf?

I am wondering if she spent the night in that area (Pace, FL) as an excuse to do something else and then freaked the next day to find there was no water beneath the bridge? Thought crossed my mind. There was no way she could return to retrieve the suitcase.

She loves the thrill of taking chances. I wonder how she feels knowing those days are gone.

Re BBM

JMO
I agree and is also what I think happened.

If you look at an overhead google map of the area, there is water before that spot and the road is still elevated like a bridge. So I think the person totally messed up thinking there was still water under the road and they didnt notice that because it was dark out when they went through.

I think they were on the taller lanes on the far side which had them going over water first before they hit that area of dry land.

I think they just messed up badly thinking there was water still under the road. She may have first seen the water reflecting in moonlight or other car lights and she may have just assumed the water was still there as she passed further on the road. It would fit with her making really stupid mistakes. LOL

Its another thing we will never get to see unfortunately. Her reaction as she heard a thud instead of a splash. :)

BBM

Not found by design, but even if the road crew hadn't found him I think he would have been found soon.
I can't really tell from the crime scene pic, but if that's the part of the bridge I'm thinking of, acrosst the main branch of Ecsambia River, a fair amount of boat traffic under it. I don't think he could have stayed hidden there much longer than he was.
Not being from around here, she probably thought she had found a perfect spot and he's be lost for months of not years. Or maybe she thought gators would get him, idk, but she didn't account for folks around paying attention to things out of place in the environment.
If she prepared suitcase for water she probably put some Stauch exercise weights inside it.
It's a slow river and things often wash up on bars and beaches or sit knocking against docks.

Last edited:
Yeah, so have I. Lol.
I never thought there would be another Jodi Arias. Overkill.
Driving across country with refilled tanks of gas in the car. Stabbing, shooting. She thought she was home free. But that pesky camera was left with pictures on it. And gas can receipts from Walmart.

The similarities are amazing to me. At first I didnt really make the connection but the more you think about those two the more they are the same.

Here are some of the things the two cases have in common:

*Receipts/purchases of things found out by LE that become important.

*Cameras or Videos became important in their cases.

*Driving long distances that dont seem to bother them

*Willing, able, and ready to always talk to media and the public because they want to manipulate the public just like they manipulated others around them.

*Very narcistic. Mostly thinks only about themselves and how others are only to be used for their advantage to benefit themselves.

*Cannot feel empathy for others at all.

*Lots of planning to do a perfect murder that ends up failing

*Coming up with excuses for every single thing

*Doesnt like it when someone else is getting the attention that they think should be going to them. Remember JA at Travis' friend's house when everyone was trying to have a good time, except there is JA ruining the mood for everyone and wanting to drag poor TA out of there while he was trying to enjoy himself.

*total overkill with the murder itself. Knives, guns, and no telling what else.

*After the deed, they run to others that will support them. JA went to her other out of state friends house and got another phone and then went home to family members where she was eventually arrested near her home (trying to flee is what a lot of us think). TS did the same and went with family and friends to go home where she was eventually arrested near her other home state. And like she lied to the judge "I was not trying to run from you guys" LOL

*the list goes on and on when you think about all the similarities between JA and TS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greyhound2008