Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM:

I don't think your belief that GS didn't return home refutes any forensic proof in the AA.

The AA never asserted that it was a "fact" that GS returned home with TS that day.
The AA never asserted that it was a "fact" that TS killed GS in the home.
The AA never asserted that there was "so much blood found in the basement that GS must have died there."

The fact that the AA asserted was that GS's blood was found in the home, and the locations where it was found.

The claim that there was "so much blood" found in the home that GS couldn't have survived it is something that's been stated here in the thread by certain posters, based on the description of the crime scene, but LE didn't characterize it that way.

Also, I know I keep banging on this same, tired drum, but I'm doing so because it bears repeating:

This Arrest Affidavit was written prior to Gannon's body being discovered.

By far, the strongest evidence LE had prior to his body being found was the blood they found in the home.
That blood was their strongest evidence against TS, so they focused on that in the AA.
They had to somehow make the argument that he was dead without a body.
So they argued that the blood in the home proved that he was dead.

But guess what?
Their best evidence changed the day his body was located in Florida.
There's no longer any need whatsoever for LE to use the evidence found in the home to prove that Gannon is dead.

His body was found stuffed in a suitcase.
This isn't a no-body case any more.
And that, as we all know, "changes everything," to quote DDA Allen.
Including, I suspect, LE's theory of the crime.

Unless there's video of GS getting out of the truck that day, OR a blood expert testifies that GS could not have survived the amount of blood loss evidenced in that home, I expect the DA to push the reset button on that theory that GS must have returned with her that day.

I believe all the facts that were laid out in the AA 100%.

I'm just not sold on the speculative theory they posited.

JMO.

Agreed. It’s just too bad that it took so long to find the body, and in Florida no less with the elements. Not well-preserved in the beautiful Colorado snow. God, I miss snow.

Last edited:
BBM:

I don't think your belief that GS didn't return home refutes any forensic proof in the AA.

The AA never asserted that it was a "fact" that GS returned home with TS that day.
The AA never asserted that it was a "fact" that TS killed GS in the home.
The AA never asserted that there was "so much blood found in the basement that GS must have died there."

The fact that the AA asserted was that GS's blood was found in the home, and the locations where it was found.

The claim that there was "so much blood" found in the home that GS couldn't have survived it is something that's been stated here in the thread by certain posters, based on the description of the crime scene, but LE didn't characterize it that way.

Also, I know I keep banging on this same, tired drum, but I'm doing so because it bears repeating:

This Arrest Affidavit was written prior to Gannon's body being discovered.

By far, the strongest evidence LE had prior to his body being found was the blood they found in the home.
That blood was their strongest evidence against TS, so they focused on that in the AA.
They had to somehow make the argument that he was dead without a body.
So they argued that the blood in the home proved that he was dead.

But guess what?
Their best evidence changed the day his body was located in Florida.
There's no longer any need whatsoever for LE to use the evidence found in the home to prove that Gannon is dead.

His body was found stuffed in a suitcase.
This isn't a no-body case any more.
And that, as we all know, "changes everything," to quote DDA Allen.
Including, I suspect, LE's theory of the crime.

Unless there's video of GS getting out of the truck that day, OR a blood expert testifies that GS could not have survived the amount of blood loss evidenced in that home, I expect the DA to push the reset button on that theory that GS must have returned with her that day.

I believe all the facts that were laid out in the AA 100%.

I'm just not sold on the speculative theory they posited.

JMO.

Agree. It’s just too bad that it took so long to find the body, and in Florida no less with the elements. Not well-preserved in the beautiful Colorado snow. God, I miss snow.
I keep beating this dead horse but I don't believe Gannon's body was found by chance.

With the FBI involved and sharp local LE agencies, I don't expect T was ever off their radar once they quickly dismissed the "missing child" scenario.

She may have zigged and zagged a bit but it seems much of the chase was by design.

However, I do agree with you that she's outrageous. No doubt about that!

MOO

Right. And all of those FBI agents from the states enroute to Pace, Fl too on the Witness List. Kinda makes u wonder.

Whoa, good call. And fingerprints.

That’s interesting she told cops he was last seen at 4:15, bc she told someone in a phone interview he was gone by 3:30 when baby girl got home. ...and “that’s why she didn’t see him when she got him at 3:15.” Ahhh, the ever-changing tales of TS Helliot.
I recall that LS told the little sister that GS was asleep in her bed, and sent her outside to play/ride her bike. I don't think LS told anybody but police that GS went to play at a friend's house. LS alleges she later asked HH to go look for GS at a park.

ETA: Add link recounting Monday - Jan 27.

Monday, January 27th

4:37 a.m.

Letecia tells her employer her stepdad was killed after being hit by a car, she won’t be into work

Unknown time

Gannon stayed home from school, Gannon likely alive morning of 27th

8:13 to 8:17 a.m.

Letecia takes pictures on her cellphone of Gannon sleeping in bed

10:16 a.m.

Neighbor surveillance video shows Nissan Frontier with Letecia and presumably, Gannon leave the residence, Letecia leaves cellphone at home (locked between 9: 56 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.)

10:37 a.m.

Text sent from Gannon’s phone to Harley

“Tecia left the phone at home if you need her txt me”

12:06 p.m.

Al Stauch sends a text to Gannon, “Hey buddy”

-During this time, Letecia travels to PetCo on N Nevada Ave.

11:22 a.m.

Letecia completes her purchase, Gannon is not seen on surveillance video from the store.

-whereabouts unknown between 11:22 a.m. and 1: 22 p.m.

1: 21 p.m.

Gannon’s phone responds to text from Al, “Can I play Zelda at least”

Al replies, “Not today”

1:22 p.m.

Letecia makes another purchase at PetCo on N. Nevada Ave

1:43 p.m.

Gannon’s phone searches “can my parent find my cell phone if it's off”

-detectives believe Letecia wrote this

2:14 p.m.

Investigators believe Gannon was murdered by Letecia after this timestamp, at his residence, more specifically in his bedroom

2:19 p.m.

Vehicle returns, what appears to be Letecia gets out, and presumably Gannon, hard to tell by the video

(ADT motion detectors show no movement between 10:16 and 2:19 p.m. in the house)

2:22 p.m.

Gannon and Letecia enter house (Laina at school, Harley at work)

2:30

In an interview with detectives, in February Letecia tells detectives she’s being raped by Eguardo during this time

During this time, ADT motion sensors show movement between upstairs and downstairs

2:45 p.m.

Letecia unlocks her phone

3:15 p.m.

Letecia claims this is the last time she saw Gannon leaving residence to go play with a friend

Laina returns home from school, Letecia tells her Gannon is asleep in her bed and instructs Laina to go outside and play

-- Detectives believe Letecia was cleaning up blood during this time

3:30 to 3:42

Surveillance video shows Laina outside riding her bike

3:41- 4:20 p.m.

Several texts message between Letecia and Harley and Al

3:55 p.m.

Al Stauch sends a message to Gannon’s phone, “Hey buddy”

The message wasn't read until 7: 40 p.m., detectives believe Gannon was already deceased.

4: 42 p.m.

Harley, Letecia’s daughter arrives at the home from work in White Jetta, picks up Laina and leaves residence

4: 52 p.m.

Letecia sends a text to Harley asking her to pick up items from the store

The text reads, “Carpet powder 2 things, baking soda, trash bags”

5:14 p.m.

A receipt shows the purchase of trash bags, baking soda, vinegar that happened at 5:14 p.m.

It was later found in Tiguan, Letecia’s car

It is during this time, detectives believe Letecia cleaned up the mess left behind by killing Gannon. (On February 1st, Detectives found blood presence in Gannon’s bedroom, the hallway leading to utility room from the bedroom, utility room itself, the staircase leading upstairs, pathway to the garage, garage area itself.)

6:55 p.m.

Letecia calls 9-1-1 to report Gannon missing

10:09 p.m.

Deputies respond and are unable to locate Gannon

Deputies observed Volkswagen Tiguan was backed into the garage

Deputies go into Gannon’s room.

-- Detectives later compare body camera footage of the room, compared to photos taken earlier in the day, and show Gannon’s bed with different bedding/sheets, moved against the wall

Released affidavit reveals information on Gannon Stauch murder

The reason could be to trip her up. Protection of any further destruction of evidence by her or her minions. Take note they were very NONCOMMITTAL in their statement. Don’t you think they know for sure? Either way, I think they do. How could they not, with all of the technology around: ADT, RD’s and other neighbor’s home security cameras, any Cortana, Siri, Alexa, etc., cell phone and computer data, big mouths on wire taps, etc. I think they know. She loves to talk. Maybe they wanted to discombobulate her, get her talking. AA was released prior to arrest. They had to be careful what they revealed to her while she was still free to tamper with evidence. Remember, RD was very certain G was nowhere around on return.

Sorry, I meant AA was released prior to body being found. Co-vid news brain trauma for me tonight.

I think she brought him home because he wasn't;'t dead yet when she got to her disposal site. And it was daylight and she didn't have a weapon because she thought he was going to die in the back seat.

So she waited awhile and then realised it was getting too late cuz the girls would be back home soon.

Speaking of weapons, I wonder what was in that box like thing she carried out to the truck right before she backed it into driveway to pick up G. Her firing range pic tells me they know a little something about guns and some guns are carried in boxes like that. AS saw that too when he watched RD’s vid I bet. He probably knew exactly what it was.

The Bloody Board

1. 100% makes me think she had help carrying him. No way in hell did she carry a dead body on a big board alone.

2. I wonder if the carriers used gloves or left prints on it.

imo

Whoa, good call. And fingerprints.

That’s interesting she told cops he was last seen at 4:15, bc she told someone in a phone interview he was gone by 3:30 when baby girl got home. ...and “that’s why she didn’t see him when she got him at 3:15.” Ahhh, the ever-changing tales of TS Helliot.

Sorry, typo. 3:15 not 3:30

I recall that LS told the little sister that GS was asleep in her bed, and sent her outside to play/ride her bike. I don't think LS told anybody but police that GS went to play at a friend's house. LS alleges she later asked HH to go look for GS at a park.

ETA: Add link recounting Monday - Jan 27.

Monday, January 27th

4:37 a.m.

Letecia tells her employer her stepdad was killed after being hit by a car, she won’t be into work

Unknown time

Gannon stayed home from school, Gannon likely alive morning of 27th

8:13 to 8:17 a.m.

Letecia takes pictures on her cellphone of Gannon sleeping in bed

10:16 a.m.

Neighbor surveillance video shows Nissan Frontier with Letecia and presumably, Gannon leave the residence, Letecia leaves cellphone at home (locked between 9: 56 a.m. and 2:45 p.m.)

10:37 a.m.

Text sent from Gannon’s phone to Harley

“Tecia left the phone at home if you need her txt me”

12:06 p.m.

Al Stauch sends a text to Gannon, “Hey buddy”

-During this time, Letecia travels to PetCo on N Nevada Ave.

11:22 a.m.

Letecia completes her purchase, Gannon is not seen on surveillance video from the store.

-whereabouts unknown between 11:22 a.m. and 1: 22 p.m.

1: 21 p.m.

Gannon’s phone responds to text from Al, “Can I play Zelda at least”

Al replies, “Not today”

1:22 p.m.

Letecia makes another purchase at PetCo on N. Nevada Ave

1:43 p.m.

Gannon’s phone searches “can my parent find my cell phone if it's off”

-detectives believe Letecia wrote this

2:14 p.m.

Investigators believe Gannon was murdered by Letecia after this timestamp, at his residence, more specifically in his bedroom

2:19 p.m.

Vehicle returns, what appears to be Letecia gets out, and presumably Gannon, hard to tell by the video

(ADT motion detectors show no movement between 10:16 and 2:19 p.m. in the house)

2:22 p.m.

Gannon and Letecia enter house (Laina at school, Harley at work)

2:30

In an interview with detectives, in February Letecia tells detectives she’s being raped by Eguardo during this time

During this time, ADT motion sensors show movement between upstairs and downstairs

2:45 p.m.

Letecia unlocks her phone

3:15 p.m.

Letecia claims this is the last time she saw Gannon leaving residence to go play with a friend

Laina returns home from school, Letecia tells her Gannon is asleep in her bed and instructs Laina to go outside and play

-- Detectives believe Letecia was cleaning up blood during this time

3:30 to 3:42

Surveillance video shows Laina outside riding her bike

3:41- 4:20 p.m.

Several texts message between Letecia and Harley and Al

3:55 p.m.

Al Stauch sends a message to Gannon’s phone, “Hey buddy”

The message wasn't read until 7: 40 p.m., detectives believe Gannon was already deceased.

4: 42 p.m.

Harley, Letecia’s daughter arrives at the home from work in White Jetta, picks up Laina and leaves residence

4: 52 p.m.

Letecia sends a text to Harley asking her to pick up items from the store

The text reads, “Carpet powder 2 things, baking soda, trash bags”

5:14 p.m.

A receipt shows the purchase of trash bags, baking soda, vinegar that happened at 5:14 p.m.

It was later found in Tiguan, Letecia’s car

It is during this time, detectives believe Letecia cleaned up the mess left behind by killing Gannon. (On February 1st, Detectives found blood presence in Gannon’s bedroom, the hallway leading to utility room from the bedroom, utility room itself, the staircase leading upstairs, pathway to the garage, garage area itself.)

6:55 p.m.

Letecia calls 9-1-1 to report Gannon missing

10:09 p.m.

Deputies respond and are unable to locate Gannon

Deputies observed Volkswagen Tiguan was backed into the garage

Deputies go into Gannon’s room.

-- Detectives later compare body camera footage of the room, compared to photos taken earlier in the day, and show Gannon’s bed with different bedding/sheets, moved against the wall

Released affidavit reveals information on Gannon Stauch murder

Exactly, that was the story she told the little sister, asleep in her bed. Then she told someone in an interview the reason LH didn’t see him when she came home at 3:15 is because he was already gone. Crazy.

Last edited:
BBM
Really? I never knew that. Please give evidence of that, because that would be a very important fact.

From ABC News:

Drayton told ABC News that footage on his home security cameras from the day Gannon disappeared shows Letecia Stauch getting into a red pickup truck, parked in the driveway of their family home.

Gannon follows her into the vehicle, which then leaves the Colorado Springs residence around 10:13 a.m.

When Letecia returned around 2:19 p.m. the same afternoon, Gannon was allegedly nowhere to be seen.

“I just kept searching and I saw where she came back,” Drayton recalled. “And he didn’t get out of the vehicle. So, she came back by herself about four hours later.”

Jackie Kirby, an El Paso County Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman, did not dispute Drayton’s account of what was on the video but warned that is only a part of a much bigger investigation.

“This is just one piece in a very, very, very large puzzle,” she told ABC News.

Letecia Stauch has meanwhile repeatedly denied playing a role in her stepson’s disappearance.

Someone mentioned several threads back that Petco sells plastic bags that seal which are meant to put expired pets into before burying. I think that’s a very good theory. LS may have purchased a bag like that and used it inside of the suitcase.

That's a good theory. I could get onboard with it. BUT...that's the kind of juicy tidbit that some Petco worker wouldn't be able to hold. Especially if they knew they could make a dollar selling the story to one of the tabloids.

There's still the chance that she did, the cops know she did, and the Petco worker really has kept quiet about it.
I'll definitely be looking for that reveal at the trial!

That's a good theory. I could get onboard with it. BUT...that's the kind of juicy tidbit that some Petco worker wouldn't be able to hold. Especially if they knew they could make a dollar selling the story to one of the tabloids.

There's still the chance that she did, the cops know she did, and the Petco worker really has kept quiet about it.
I'll definitely be looking for that reveal at the trial!

Someone on here said he’s dead. Died in March I guess.

She almost conducted the perfect disposal.
He was found by mere chance.
Not design
I'm still astounded at her arrogance.
Gannon's body was possibly in the vehicle that was visible during her TV interview.
Her 'appeal'.
She's utterly outrageous.
I wish I knew how well or badly she is behaving right now..

BBM

Not found by design, but even if the road crew hadn't found him I think he would have been found soon.
I can't really tell from the crime scene pic, but if that's the part of the bridge I'm thinking of, acrosst the main branch of Ecsambia River, a fair amount of boat traffic under it. I don't think he could have stayed hidden there much longer than he was.
Not being from around here, she probably thought she had found a perfect spot and he's be lost for months of not years. Or maybe she thought gators would get him, idk, but she didn't account for folks around paying attention to things out of place in the environment.

It's most compelling to me that RD's audio captured TS's car door, the car locking and the garage door being raised.

I'm curious to know how quickly the garage door closed after that.

As for the shadow, the best explanation I've heard was upthread, that the light disturbance was caused by the movement of the garage door itself. It occurs virtually simultaneously to TS's exit. Pop the button, pop the door. The garage donor's and hers, respectively.

RD's audio may well confirm that sequence.

I'm convinced that TS's abrupt exit from the vehicle has everything to do with the task before her. Having done what I believe she'd just done, now she had an enormous cleaning challenge ahead of her, and only one skinny hour.

Bet she got A LOT done that hour.

Then she sent LaiS to ride her binge sheet school, bought herself more time.

Then she sent HH and LaiS to the Dollar General, for more time.

Then HH to the park (no, not to look for Gannon, he was probably still "sleeping", but to keep HH and LaiS occupied and out of the house). More time.

Then she called LE. JMO but I bet it sounded something like this: "I'm calling because my stepson is late for dinner. He's 11. Yes, very forgetful, does this all the time. You know how boys are. I'm heading out now to check with friends and neighbors. You bet, I'll call back if I have trouble. He's probably at Quincy's."

She's a salad spinner.

The story I REALLY want to hear is the one she told HH. How did she explain that Gannon went from asleep to lost, right under TS's nose? I hope HH is singing. Just imagine the Tsplained, Tbrained tale TS manufactured for her. I imagine she saved the rape stories for later --

If words are a headache, whatever the version, that story will be a migraine.

JMO

She was very aggressive backing the truck into the driveway also. I couldn't hear anything but know aggression when I see it, almost a form of road rage. IMO

Only way she could have done it was by managing to create a perfect seal on that suitcase. Possibly bagged his body several times in pvc or some such leakproof material prior to placing it in suitcase, then carried it everywhere with her, into whatever hotel she moved into immediately, wherever she went, it would have been normal to carry a suitcase.

She might even have dyed it so it no longer resembled the missing brown suitcase.

It's crazy she pulled it off so well and managed to hide it right out in the open, never seemingly arousing suspicion at all.
Bizarre.
and just following on from kittys train of thought here, lets hope that's exactly what she did.
kept him embalmed all together ....will hopefully give excellent forensics even after a month or so.

moo

This may be a start he question, but I keep thinking "where were the did?"

They had two dogs, right? Could she have left them in the the back yard while out, then let them in when she got home? Could that be why there's simultaneous movement on both levels the house in the adt logs?

Last edited:
I know I should believe the AA and not refute forensic proof but I am one of the few in the #Icantseegannonreturnhome group.
I just cant see it. I know my eyes are bad and I even got new glasses since then and I still don't see it.
But I am not LE//Investigators
I am also on that proverbial fence that he did not return home but was killed in that 4 hour road trip. JMO
But then I read the AA again and I just really don't know.
I know its like the more information we get the less dots join together.
I believe the amount of blood spatter in the house and specifically gannons room he had to have been murdered there.
the DA was satisfied with no body at that stage that a homicide had taken place with what they found.

the spanner for me is the neighbours video of gannon limping to the car Monday morning.
him leaving the house and sitting in that car for a pointless 4 hour journey just doesnt fit for me.

its a given something tremendously bad happened to him sunday night.
the need to photograph him in bed in the morning looking undistinguishable at best? beyond strange.

I can see her out and about for 4 hours getting her head together and scouting out a dump site all the while leaving gannon at home under the covers (deceased).

but that damn neighbours video makes the whole sequence of what happened disjointed.

moo

From ABC News:

Drayton told ABC News that footage on his home security cameras from the day Gannon disappeared shows Letecia Stauch getting into a red pickup truck, parked in the driveway of their family home.

Gannon follows her into the vehicle, which then leaves the Colorado Springs residence around 10:13 a.m.

When Letecia returned around 2:19 p.m. the same afternoon, Gannon was allegedly nowhere to be seen.

“I just kept searching and I saw where she came back,” Drayton recalled. “And he didn’t get out of the vehicle. So, she came back by herself about four hours later.”

Jackie Kirby, an El Paso County Sheriff’s Department spokeswoman, did not dispute Drayton’s account of what was on the video but warned that is only a part of a much bigger investigation.

“This is just one piece in a very, very, very large puzzle,” she told ABC News.

Letecia Stauch has meanwhile repeatedly denied playing a role in her stepson’s disappearance.
As I recall, it was later suggested that it appeared maybe someone got out of the other side of the truck, although hard to see.

I really wonder why G was even up that late on a school night when his sister was already asleep. Did they have different bedtimes? Do we know what time her scripted video was recorded? I really wonder what triggered TS to hurt him in the first place. If it was after bedtime, maybe he got up to use the bathroom and knocked something over onto suede sofa, and that alone was enough to enrage her. I’m leaning towards she punched him in stomach rupturing his colon or liver resulting in him vomiting up blood and fecal matter onto carpet. She cleaned carpet with brushes later washed in dishwasher. You don’t clean burns with brushes. I wonder if forensics can determine the exact makeup of any substance on carpet once cleaned with detergent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member